1 / 1 (final)

I Have Something To Say
Please log in to read the full chapter

He didn't know what to say.

Hoseok stared at his best friend from across the room, trying his best not to react unfavorably in front of Taehyung. Both of them had returned to the dorms sooner than the rest, while the Yoongi, Namjoon and Jin were out recording a new song and vlog and Jimin and Jungkook were practicing a surprise duo stage. At this moment, though, he kind of wished someone, anyone, would come in and break this God awful silence between them.

A few minutes prior, Taehyung had suggested watching a movie before they headed off to bed-- his elder didn't argue, seeing as how there wasn't anything else to do. Plus, watching a movie with Taehyung was some sort of past time for him; they both didn't favor action or horror as much as the others did, so he saw no harm in watching "21 Jump Street" while waiting for the rest to come home--seeing as how it'd be best for all of them to head off to bed together. As soon as he hit the play button, though, he heard the younger male mumble out his name followed by something incoherent.

And that's what led them to this deafening silence.

"What was that?"

Shifting uncomfortably in his seat, Taehyung pulled his legs against his chest, resting his chin on his knees and Hoseok swore he saw a flash of anxiousness in the youngers' eyes. This wasn't like the Taehyung he knows; Kim Taehyung never worries-- he was BTS's comic relief and special flower; an upset Taehyung was something Hoseok and he was sure everyone else in BTS was not used to—so he didn’t know how to handle or what to say in this newly discovered situation.

"I'm gay."

To say that he was surprised was a clear understatement-- whatever that feeling was, had been accompanied with an unknown feeling at the back of his head. He frowns but quickly catches himself, trying in his entire will power to figure out what to say to such news. He swallowed a lump in his throat and closed his mouth from gaping; conscious of his actions to make sure he doesn't offend Taehyung.

"Everyone but you and Jungkook know--"

"Why tell me now?" Was all he could think of and Taehyung snapped his head up, his eyes rimmed red of the tears. His eyes furrowed and Hoseok flinched, not knowing why the boy suddenly looked at him with such an icy glare. He gulped again when he saw the boy's jaw clench, almost visibly seeing a protruding vein at his neck.

"Because of this," he waved his hand unceremoniously towards his elder, pressing his trembling lips together in a firm line. "I didn't want you to see me any different-- you hate me now, don't you?"

Hoseok shot up from his seat, "No! Of course not! I'm just-- surprised aback is all… I think--"

What do you say in this situation? Congratulations? I'm happy for you? Conflicted, Hoseok bites at his lip and decides to just admit, "I really don't know what to say in a situation like this, Taehyung. But I do know for a fact that I don't hate you or see you any different. You're my best friend, and you'll always be my best friend."

 

A flood of relief fell over Hoseok when he saw the boy relax, his shoulders slumped but still clearly bothered. The elder didn't want to do anything but take the boy into his arms and say it was okay—

"Promise?" A small smile etched Hoseok's lips, spreading even wider when he saw the younger match his smile.

"Promise."

 

 

 

 

Hoseok felt his heart drop and his body rage with red heat at the sight in front of him. He knew what this feeling was; he was devastated, angry, and betrayed—

Namjoon had asked Hoseok to find Jin and Taehyung for their next variety recording at the SBS building. Apparently the schedule had been pulled forward and was to start an hour and a half earlier than they'd planned. And being the kind and respectful man he was, Hoseok went to go get the two.

And he found them.

Now, he was standing at their side in the hallway near their familiar practice room-- Jin had the younger male pushed against the wall of the dim lit and empty hall. Hoseok eyed the one hand pulling at Taehyung's thigh, forcing it around his waist and the other gripping at the orange fluff of hair, tugging it back as his lips latched onto the thin ones.

He trembled even more when he saw Taehyung reach around the eldest member's broad shoulder, eventually settling around his neck, linking his nimble fingers together and tugs for a more desperate kiss.

He wanted to make a run for it-- but would it have meant that he hated gay people? That he was disgusted of the same showing such affection for each other-- It was hatred that he felt but it wasn't for that.

But he needed to focus at the task at hand—Namjoon was calling for them and they had a schedule to attend but what do you say in this sort of situation?

"Namjoon hyung is calling for us--" He inhaled sharply when he heard a gasp and a loud smack of lips being pulled apart. He hadn't even realized he'd closed his eyes until he felt a hand on his forearm and he had to blink them open to see Taehyung looking at him pleadingly.

"Hyung, I--"

"Just hurry up." He snipped, prying arm away from Taehyung's hold and his heel to run away from the two-- but not before h

Please log in to read the full chapter