The stalker, the awkward boy and the target

I know where you sleep

               

 

Guys, what in hell did I just write ;-;? Like really? This is the most awkward one shot I had ever written, like really, but I guess I enjoy writing about an awkward Jungkook a bit to much, so please enjoy.

And once again, no proof reading. Please, don't hurt me for that.

 

 


 

 

            Jungkook counted steps as he walked down the pathway from his house to the school he was attending. The black haired male was trying to not pay attention to the male in front of him because if he did then he probably would walk into a pole or a car, or just something.

 

 

            The seventeen year old male felt someone slinging their arm around his shoulders and he almost yelped, but he knew exactly who was walking next to him, so Jungkook simply rolled his eyes at his hyung and tried to pry the hands away from his body.

 

 

            The older male grinned widely as he noticed who was walking in front of them and ruffled Jungkook’s hair into a mess.

 

 

            ‘Isn’t that Taehyung?’ Jungkook had to cover his hyung’s mouth because Jimin tended to not lower his voice and he was afraid that the brown haired male in front of them would be able to hear them.

 

 

            ‘Hyung, can you not? I’m trying not to attract his attention to myself.’ Jimin frowned in confusion and his face morphed into a confused puppy’s expression.

 

 

            ‘I don’t get it, don’t you want his attention? Like, isn’t he your crush or something?’ Jungkook managed to refrain himself from face palming and only tugged at Jimin’s wrist so that the two of them would slow down and Taehyung would be walking in front of them.

 

 

            ‘Hyung, it’s not that easy. Taehyung’s not like the other students. He doesn’t care that I am popular and he doesn’t fawn over me. He prefers to stay in the library than in the canteen and he reads books during his free time. While I dance and perform whenever I have some spare moments.’ Jimin shrugged his shoulders because he really didn’t understand where Jungkook was going with this. So what? They were completely different, but was that a reason not to try and woo another person?

 

 

            ‘I still don’t understand where you are going with this.’ Jungkook let out an exasperated sigh of frustration and ruffled his own hair even more. He swore, if Jimin wasn’t his best friend he probably would have smacked him over the back of his head years ago.

 

 

            ‘Taehyung’s the moon and I am the sun. He is the cat and I am the dog. He is the smart kid who is probably going to study in Harvard or Yale and I am, well, Jungkook.’

 

 

            ‘Yeah, you are Jungkook, the boy who manages to make everyone’s heart flutter, so why the hell not?’ The younger boy raised one of his eyebrows in question and Jimin grinned back in response. Since when was the slightly shorter male, so, may Jungkook say gay?

 

 

            ‘Whatever, bye Hyung, class is about to start.’ With that said Jungkook rushed forward and tried to get to his locker while other students were talking in the halls and trying to get to their own classes. Jungkook’s locker was a bit hard to unlock and the boy had to bang it a couple of times to get it to open, and he was surprised when a hand he could recognize anywhere opened his locker for him.

 

 

            Jungkook gulped down and he prayed that the brunette wasn’t capable of hearing his heartbeat picking up. Taehyung was standing right next to Jungkook, holding the doors of his locker open for him and the black haired boy blushed slightly as he tried not to stare at his not so secret crush too much.

 

 

            ‘Thanks Taehyung shi.’ The brunette scoffed playfully and his eyes twinkled with mirth and Jungkook swore that he had never seen a more beautiful male in his entire life. Even Jimin’s precious idols couldn’t compare when it came to Taehyung and to his breathtaking eyes and that adorable smile that managed to make Jungkook choke on his spit all the time.

 

 

            ‘What had I told you? Call me Hyung, or just Taehyung if you want. Aren’t we friends Jungkook?’ The black haired boy nodded his head dumbly and the older male laughed in a way that the younger one's heart almost leaped out of his chest and he swore that he was going to have a heart attack if Taehyung wasn’t going to stop looking at him like that.

 

 

            ‘Well, good luck with your classes.’ With that said Taehyung walked away from the black haired boy and turned around once again when he was standing next to the doors of his classroom. Taehyung waved at Jungkook and awarded him with his warmest smile that made the black haired male blush to no ends.

 

 

            The bell rang and Jungkook stood in front of his locker dumbly as the other students brushed past him. One of his classmate’s called him and the black haired male quickly ran to his class before the teacher showed up.

 

 

            Jungkook couldn’t focus during the lesson and really, he wanted to be a performer, so how would biology help him out when he would perform? Not like he needed to know all the species of fungus that existed or that he could die if he could be bitten by certain snakes, not like he was even planning to go near snakes. Of course unless Taehyung liked snakes, or had one as a pet, but as much as Jungkook knew about the brunette, the older male didn’t have any pets except a cute white kitten. Not that Jungkook stalked Taehyung or something like that, it was Jimin’s job.

 

 

            Talking about his best friend, Jungkook’s phone vibrated in his pocket and the black haired male checked the screen. He had a few new messages and if he knew what was good for him, Jungkook knew that he shouldn’t check them. Jimin probably wanted to cause problems, or even worse, he was once again stalking Taehyung, because his best friend had proclaimed himself to be their matchmaker.

 

 

            But of course Jungkook didn’t know any better, so he checked his phone and he almost cursed out loud when he read Jimin’s message.

          

 

            Hey, er, I am waiting for you outside the toilets next to the chemistry lab, tell the teacher that you are sick and come meet me.

 

 

            Jungkook groaned and locked his phone so that no one could see the screen. He tried to tune out the world and to listen to the teacher talking about was it types of mushrooms and where you can find them? What are they, in kindergarten?

 

 

            He could feel his phone vibrating again and his desk mate nudged his side because Jungkook was ignoring the messages from his best friend.

 

 

            Junhong poked Jungkook in his shoulder and the black haired male finally turned his attention to his friend.

 

 

            ‘You better go or else Jimin will barge in here and drag you out.’ Jungkook banged his head onto his desk and groaned in frustration.

 

 

            ‘He wouldn’t dare.’ Junhong gave him a pointed look and Jungkook stuck his tongue out at his friend. The black haired male shot his hand up in the air and the teacher turned her head to give the cute boy all of her attention. She was a nice middle aged lady that Jungkook thought was quite coll for a teacher.

 

 

            ‘Yes Jungkook, is there a problem?’

 

 

            ‘Um, I don’t feel too well, can I go to the nurse?’ Jungkook’s voice trembled and the teacher bought his lie. The boy slowly packed his backpack and pretended that his stomach was aching. He slowly made it out of his class and then ran to the toilets that were near the chemistry lab. When he saw Jimin standing there, he jumped onto his back and pretended to strangle him.

 

 

            ‘Hey, kid, what the hell?’ Jungkook gave Jimin one last shove and then asked him why he forced him to leave the class that was oh so interesting.

 

 

            ‘What do you want?’

 

 

            ‘Taehyung’ Jungkook’s eyes widened and did Jimin just say that he wanted Taehyung? What the? Oh hell no, Jimin is not going to joke around with him like that. Jungkook was about to strangle his best friend, but this time for real, when Jimin started laughing hysterically.

 

 

            ‘You should have seen your face. I meant Taehyung’s in the library, let’s go.’ Jungkook tried to protest but Jimin grabbed his hand and dragged him to the other side of the school that had the library.

 

 

            It took Jungkook ten seconds to notice the brunette sitting by a pile of books and being so into his reading that he didn’t even notice a loud and wild Jimin yelling at Jungkook to hurry up and the black haired male ducking behind one of the shelves because damn it Jimin, can’t be at least a little bit discreet?

 

 

            Jungkook mentally cursed his best friend out and tried to hold Jimin back from going to Taehyung who was still reading.

 

 

            Jimin crouched down next to him and the two of them observed the brunette that was so engrossed in his physics book. Jimin was looking for any kind of clues about his best friend’s crush. Anything that could help them out in getting Jungkook a date, or a boyfriend if everything goes according to his plans.

 

 

            While Jungkook was looking at Taehyung with the most adoring look he could muster up. The way the older male brushed his bangs aside when he turned to a new page and the way he would his lips whenever he came across a word that he didn’t quite understand.

 

 

            Jungkook smile dumbly as he followed the brunette’s every movement and his lips formed words when Taehyung would mumble something silently. The black haired male grinned with a lovesick expression when the older male chuckled at something funny and he could hear Jimin gagging because really, Jungkook looked like he was going to explode in no time and his best friend was trying really hard not to laugh.

 

 

            ‘Are you going to stare at him for the rest of your high school life?’ Jungkook glared at his best friend and tried to shut him up by kicking him in his thigh.

 

 

            ‘And why not?’ Jimin let out a frustrated sigh and Jungkook gulper loudly. A frustrated Jimin was a not pleasant Jimin.

 

 

            ‘, Jungkook, will you stop being pathetic and go and talk to him?’ The black haired male tried to silence Jimin by clamping his palm over his best friend’s mouth but it was too late. Half of the occupants in the school’s library were looking at them and Taehyung was a part of the spectators.

 

 

            Jungkook glared at Jimin as his best friend walked around the shelf and he murdered his best friend mentally. From the gap between the books he could see Jimin walking over to his crush and sitting down in front of him. Taehyung started laughing at something the shorter male had said and Jungkook decided that it was his time to make his entrance.

 

 

            The black haired male walked over to their table without looking at his crush because if he did then he would stumble over his own feet and would make a fool out of himself. Not that he wasn’t capable of doing that without Taehyung’s help.

 

 

            The seventeen year old didn’t notice Taehyung’s backpack laying in front of him and he stumbled when he tried to catch his balance. His legs got twisted and he tumbled onto the ground right in front of his crush. Jungkook could hear his best friend’s hysterical laugher and the brunette’s concerned tone as his crush rushed to his side and helped him up.

 

 

            Taehyung tried not to smile when he saw the way Jungkook was rubbing at his slightly red nose and the way the black haired male pouted so cutely when his best friend still laughed at his misery.

 

 

            ‘Hey, Jungkook, does anything hurt?’ The black haired male shook his head and Taehyung still looked all over his body in order to make sure that the younger boy didn’t injure himself and that he wasn’t going to faint on him. Not that Taehyung wouldn’t catch him. The brunette would probably break his writing arm just to save Jungkook from falling.

 

 

            ‘Yeah, I am fine.’ Jimin gasped for air and clutched his stomach as he laughed like a hyena and Taehyung started laughing because the shorter male’s expression was painfully hilarious and Jungkook glared at the two older males.

 

 

            ‘Hyungs, stop laughing, this is not funny.’

 

 

            ‘No, but Jimin’s face is. Oh God, he is choking on laughter.’ Jungkook started laughing because Taehyung’s giggles were contagious and Jimin pouted because he wasn’t expecting for the two of them to make fun of him. Here he was, trying to make them fall for each other, not that he actually had to try, and they were simply laughing at him. Some friends he had.

 

 

            Jimin quickly stood up and glared at his best friend and his stalking victim. He turned to Jungkook and warned him both with his eyes and with his words.

 

 

            ‘This is the last time I will ever help you out with anything you er.’ With that said Jimin stormed out of the library and Taehyung turned to look at Jungkook in confusion and question.

 

 

            ‘Is Jimin okay? He sounds a bit, well-‘

 

 

            ‘y? Yeah, Hyung always flips when something doesn’t go the way he planned it to go.’ Taehyung frowned when Jungkook used the B word and the black haired male looked at his crush with the most innocent eyes.

 

 

            ‘Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to use that word.’ Taehyung shook his head and awarded the adorable younger boy with his blinding smile. How could he stay mad at Kookie when he looked at him with such adorable eyes?

 

 

            ‘Now, tell me, what were you doing in the library and not in your lesson?’ Jungkook gulped down and bit down onto his bottom lip. , when he actually needed Jimin he wasn’t here to help him out.

 

 

            ‘I, ugh, I wasn’t feeling well?’

 

 

            ‘Does something hurt? Do you have a fever?’ Taehyung touched Jungkook’s forehead with his palm and the black haired male blushed because damn it, his crush was touching him and it wasn’t in a romantic way but Jungkook was still blushing like a tomato.

 

 

            ‘No, I’m fine Hyung, it was just a stomach ache.’ Taehyung nodded his head but still scanned the boy’s face in order to make sure that he was okay.

 

 

            Jungkook made an excuse that he had to go to the bathroom and he swore to himself that he was never going to follow Jimin’s advice again. But of course his plans always backfired and he had found himself and Jimin behind one of the bushes near a coffee shop that Taehyung had liked to visit.

 

 

            Taehyung was sipping his caramel macchiato and flipping through his phone and Jimin was fangirling because he thought that Jungkook was probably falling in love with the brunette even more and that the two of them would be such a cute couple.

 

 

            Jungkook looked at his best friend weirdly and shook his head as he once again wondered if he looked that creepy to other people too or was it only Jimin? The older male squinted his eyes and looked at Taehyung while Jungkook tried to tattoo the brunette’s image into his memory but either way the only thing he could see was Taehyung, the only thing he could think about was Taehyung and the only name he could whisper in the middle of the night (If you know what I mean) was his crush's name.

 

 

            What Jungkook didn’t notice was that Taehyung had known all this time that he was looking at him and that he was smiling all this time exactly because of that. The brunette slowly rose from his table and made his way towards the clueless Jungkook and a panicking Jimin after he paid for his drink.

 

 

            Jimin let out a loud and panic filled shriek and he ran away after telling Jungkook that he was on his own and the black haired boy’s eyes widened comically when Taehyung crouched down in front of him and looked him in the eyes.

 

 

            ‘So, do you always do this to people, or is it only me?’ Jungkook choked on his own spit and Taehyung almost laughed, but he managed to maintain a serious face somehow.

 

 

            ‘Really, I’m not a stalker, that’s Jimin’s job.’ Taehyung giggled in the most adorable way Jungkook had ever seen him laugh and he cracked a smile himself.

 

 

            ‘Yeah, Jimin really likes to know everything about everyone. Does he even have a life?’ Jungkook chuckled and shook his head.

 

 

            ‘Not really, no. But he always has the juiciest gossip about everyone.’ Taehyung cracked a smile and stood up. He offered Jungkook a hand to help him up and the black haired boy blushed when their fingers brushed against each other.

 

 

            ‘So, are you busy right now?’ Oh God, this is not happening, this is seriously not happening. Jungkook started freaking out in his mind and it showed a little bit on the surface and Taehyung had to control himself in order not to pinch the boy’s adorable cheeks.

 

 

            ‘No, why? Because if you have free time we could, you know, hang out. But it’s okay if you don’t want to, it’s not like I will be really upset.’ Jungkook cringed with every passing moment and almost punched himself because he sounded like a girl that had her first crush on a cute guy. But Taehyung smiled adorably and nodded his head.

 

 

            ‘Yeah, let’s hang out. Why don’t we go to my place to play some video games and watch a movie?’ Jungkook’s ears perked up and he smiled widely.

 

 

            ‘Oh, you mean your house? Sure, let’s go, I already know where you sleep.’ Jungkook’s eyes widened when he registered what he had just said and he clenched his eyes shut because he was sure that Taehyung was going to call him a creep and he won’t want to kiss him by the end of the day. Oh, but how wrong was our dear Jungkook.

 

 

            The brunette let out a soft laugh and he wrapped his arms around the younger boy’s shoulders. Jungkook stiffened when Taehyung’s breath ghosted over the side of his face and he heard a soft and lovely tone next to his ear.

 

 

            ‘Kookie, you are so adorable. How can anyone not like you?’ Jungkook’s head jerked backwards and he stared at Taehyung’s grinning face. Without thinking the black haired male closed the gap between their lips and his heart soared when he felt Taehyung kissing back.

 

 

            The kiss was gentle and soft. The two of them weren’t experienced when it came to relationships, but neither of them cared because they were Taehyung and Jungkook, and they were kissing each other like nothing else mattered.

 

 

            Taehyung was the one who broke their kiss.

 

 

            ‘So, are we still going to where I sleep?’ Jungkook pouted cutely because he didn’t like it when he was teased and Taehyung kissed the tip of his nose because the black haired boy was too irresistibly cute for his own good.

 

 

            Jungkook took a mental note to thank Jimin for being a creepy stalker the next morning as he looked at Taehyung when the two of them were watching The guardians of the galaxy.

 

          

            The younger boy intertwined their fingertips and Taehyung kissed his cheek as he snuggled into his side. Yeah, Jungkook definitely will have to thank Jimin.