Has It Ever Crossed Your Mind?

My Heart's Rhythm

Note: Before start reading, Press Play. ;) Start at 0:30. Continue if you want to hear the song. :D You can stop wherever you want.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"! Hyunseong is already waiting downstairs. 's mom knocks on the door.

"Hyunseong, you don't have to go-" 's mom cut her sentence when she saw Hyunseong already going up the stairs.

"It's alright. Is she.." Hyunseong notices a loud music from 's room.

"Nae. Been listening to loud music." 's mom shakes her head from side to side then smiles. 

"Can I go in?" Hyunseong asks permission before entering 's room.

"Nae. She might snap out of it." Her mom went downstairs to take care of the eggs and bacon she prepared for .

 

"If I just breaaaaaaaaaathe!" sings loudly with a headset plugged in her ears as she's making strums to her stomach acting like she's holding a guitar. She slowly opens her eyes seeing Hyunseong smiling. He left the door wide open.

"AHHHHHH! Hyunseong!" immediately removed the headset from her ears and tossed her iPhone in her bed. She grabbed Hyunseong inside her room then closing the door shut.

"What are you doing?!" placed her left hand near to her chest. He gave her a fright.

"Watching the most craziest music video I've ever seen.." Hyunseong chuckled by what he said.

"Oh you!" gave him a punch at his right shoulder.

"Oww. That hurts!" Hyunseong rubbed his shoulder up and down to ease the pain.

"So, you have plans on what to sing tomorrow? You're assigned as the Vocals." suddenly remembered their big concert.

"None yet. That's why I went here. I need your help. I don't know what to sing yet." Hyunseong felt worried. The concert is tomorrow for crying out loud.

"Let's go by to your house and practice there. We might even compose songs like we used too." smiled at Hyunseong. Somehow, he felt alright.

"Arasso."

 

=Theatre Room=

 

has always been amazed with how Hyunseong's theatre room looks like even if she has been going there for the nth time. It's a huge room with a flat screen TV at the end of the wall being controlled by a remote. A black couch is in the center enough for ten people. And when you turn around, there's a small black stage in the left side and electric guitars are displayed by brand on the right side. It's like a whole big master bedroom only bigger.

 

"I think we should try Love Like Oxygen." immediately suggested while staring at the electric guitars she wants to try.

"SHINee's?" Hyunseong asked. He's quite not sure.

"Nae. Here, listen to it." lended her iphone and headset for Hyunseong to hear.

"I'm not sure about this.." Hyunseong listened to the lyrics carefully.

"Oh come on! Think about it!" is doing an aegyo in front of Hyunseong so he'll be convinced.

"Arasso. I'll think about it.." Hyunseong unplugged the headset from his ears and just observed from his seat who is starting to strum on his black electric guitar.

 

"You got me hypnotized so mesmerized.." Hyunseong smiled from his thought.

 

"What?" saw Hyunseong's smile so she stopped strumming his guitar.

"Nothing." Hyunseong just managed to maintain his smile so wouldn't ask.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that.." begins to strum the guitar again.

 

 

=Walking in the streets=

 

"Seriously, Hyunseong. Why did you smile at me like that?" intended to walk slowly before they reach her house.

"Nothing." Hyunseong looked directly at 's eyes so she wouldn't doubt.

"Arasso.." finally bought his excuse.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the practice?" Hyunseong looked at who seemed to be quiet.

"Yah.." Hyunseong whispered.

"Huh?! N-nae! Absolutely." flashed a smile for him.

"Arasso. Kwenchana?" Hyunseong knows something is bothering .

"Nae! Of course! I need to get to rest. We'll practice the whole day for sure." was about to open their doorknob.

"Are you free for the next day?" Hyunseong finally had the guts to say that. He wanted to ask her out for a date for some time now.

"Nae. Wae?" knew Hyunseong was planning something.

"There's an exclusive band concert to be done at our school grounds would you like to come..you know..with..me?" Hyunseong began to blush by what he's saying and looked at the ground for seconds. smiled but Hyunseong didn't see it.

"Arasso! That'll be wonderful."

 

 

 

laid down to her bed unconsciously staring at her ceiling. She pressed the keypads of her phone softly.

 

Calling Hyunseong

 

RING RING.

 

“Yah! You missed me already?” Hyunseong jokingly answered over the phone.

“Pabo! Pssh. I’ll just sleep then.” chuckled.

“I’m just kidding. Wae? What’s up?”

“Nothing. I was just wondering…is that really serious?” began to cover herself with a thick quilt as her room is beginning to be chilly.

“What’s serious?” Hyunseong got confused.

“The exclusive band concert in our school grounds?” knows something is up.

“You won’t really buy it? Just see for yourself and come with me. Arasso?”

But-

“No buts, -ah. Believe me. I already got tickets for you. It would be a waste if you won’t go.” Hyunseong softened his voice to convince her.

“Arasso. I’ll come with you.” finally decided after hours of thinking.

“Are you sure?” Hyunseong confirms.

“Nae. I’m positive.” replied. There is no going back now.

“Arasso. Good night, .”

Night.” sighed before cutting the line dead.

 

 

The next morning, walked her way to Hyunseong’s house together with her two band members.

 

 

KNOCK KNOCK!

 

The door immediately swung open. It’s Hyunseong. Already dressed for their practice.

 

“Hyunseong, aren’t you too early to dress for our concert later night?” entered wearing a simple white shirt and black pants.

I’ll be having interviews before we go to our school grounds. So, I dressed up already.” Hyunseong is assuming they know what he’s talking about.

Ohh. Boyfriend.” They all said in unison.

What time?

“Two hours after our practice so we need to get going.” Hyunseong has already prepared two electric guitars for the other band members and the drums as well. is the lead vocals. She knows what to do.

 

 

Note: Don't start reading until you press Play. :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Mic. test. 1..2..3” speaks in the microphone as she checks if the sound is going well.

 

“Let’s hit it!” pointed the band member who is assigned to play the drums as he hits the cymbals softly until it makes a beat. The sound of the electric guitar started to blend with the beat of the drum. then started to sing.

 

Guess this means you’re sorry. You’re standing at my door.

Guess this means you take back all you said before.

Like how much you wanted anyone but me!

Said you’d never come back but here you are again.

Cause’ we belong together now! Yeah! Forever united here somehow! Yeah! You got a piece of me! And honestly! My life would without you!

 

“Yah. Why did you stop? You were doing great!” Hyunseong scratched his head when he strummed his guitar and got out of tune.

“We should give our all in the concert. I don’t want to waste my energy. Anyone who wants pizza?” raised her phone signaling that she’ll make a call for delivery.

“WE DO!” The two band members immediately raised their hands in the air.

“And how about you? Mr. Perfectionist?” smirked at Hyunseong who’s mouth is half-open.

“Arasso. I’ll have pizza too.” Hyunseong felt his stomach grumbling.

 

 

Thirty minutes the pizza arrived just in time.

 

 

DING DONG. Hyunseong answered the door. is obviously trying to hold her laugh.

 

 

“Good afternoon, Sir. A delivery for…” The delivery boy looked at the receipt to read the recipient’s name. 

“Mr. Perfectionist?” The delivery boy scratched his head.

Is this his real name?

“Nae! That’s me!” Hyunseong laughed it off.

 

-ah. Your silly jokes. Never fails to make me smile.

 

“Kamsahamnida!” Hyunseong handed the delivery boy a fair tip.

 

 

“Pizza everyone! Except for Ms. Silly-joke-maker!” Hyunseong preferred to as he entered the room.

“Aish. I was just kidding. Mr. Perfectionist!”  put her tongue and got some pizza from the box without Hyunseong knowing.

“Yah! How did-”

“Ha!” already took a bite on the pizza so Hyunseong wouldn’t come after her.  Hyunseong just smiled at her.

 

What’s up with your smile, Hyunseong…

 

 

Thirty minutes and they were all done eating the pizza. It was that fast.

 

"BURP!" covered . She made a loud burp.

"Excuse me." She bit her forefinger and acting cute again.

"Aigoo! I'll better get ready." Hyunseong immediately got out of the theatre room. He went upstairs.

 

 

Calling Staff Person...  

 

 

"Hello? Is the set ready for tomorrow?" Hyunseong cupped his hand to his phone so he could hear clearly.

"Nae. The stage is clean and lights are set. The speakers are working very well, sir."

"Arasso. Don't forget the final touch." Hyunseong confirms.

"Nae. Copy."  

 

 

Calling Rainbow Buds...

 

 

"Hello? Tell me your updated status?" Hyunseong taps his finger. He's beginning to get nervous. But why?

"Everything is colorful, sir. The tiny flags are delightful."

"Arasso. Don't forget the final touch." Hyunseong confirms once again.

 

 

Calling Sweet Coats...

 

 

"Hello? How is it going?" Hyunseong nervously looks at his clock. It's already twenty minutes. He's not yet coming out of his room.

"Sweet Coats are ready for tomorrow. They'll be arriving in your destination just in time, sir."

"Arasso. Kamsa." Hyunseong immediately ended his conversation when came in.

 

 

"Yah. Boyfriend is already downstairs together with the crew. We'll be hanging outside while were waiting for you. Arasso?"

"Arasso. It'll be fast." Hyunseong lead outside of his room as he locks the door before closing it.

 

 

 

After fifty minutes of waiting. together with her band members were almost sleepy waiting for Hyunseong's interview to finish.

 

 

"Guys? Wake up!" Hyunseong called their attention. They shoot-up from their sleep and stood up straight.

"Concert time everyone!" cheered even if she's still sleepy.

"Mianhae~" Hyunseong apologized.

"For what?"

"For making you wait for so long."

"Aish. It's fine. Let's go. We'll be late for our biggest concert!" is definitely wide awake.