Game Start.

Love Plan

They are the famous on-screen couple.
They are the couple that everyone admires - The Monday Couple, Kang Gary & Song Jihyo.

Despite being lovey-dovey on screen, little does the audience know about the crisis in their relationship. Many do know about their unequal love where Gary loves Jihyo more than the other does for him. This unequal love relationship has eventually brings about issues. Every single day there are numerous quarrels between them. Cold battles become a common thing for them. Despite that, they have tried to fake a smile in front of others and continue their forced loving acts on-screen. They hide their pain and sadness behind their smiles, suffering alone. Despite their acts, the members have all eventually see through it but remain silent about it, not wanting to reveal their painful wounds.

However this time it is not their usual fight. It has intensified. This time it has pushed their relationship to the brink.

A familiar tune of "One Man" rings loudly in the gym and everyone looks towards Jong Kook, who is training his bicep muscles. Jong Kook immediately shoots an apologetic look and goes out of the gym immediately to answer the call. Frustrated that his exercising time has been disrupted by the call, he answers the call with an irritated greeting, without checking who it is from. It's from Gary.

Jong Kook could easily guessed that Gary is in the club currently due to the noisy environment on the other side of the phone. His hesitant and stammering tone revealed that the news that is going to break out to Jong Kook is bad.

"Hyung... We broke up."

It's that moment.
The moment where the other members have secretly talked about.
The moment that everyone hopes that it would not happen.

Despite having a mental preparation that this moment would come, the news still leave Jong Kook in a shock. Jong Kook ended the call quickly and rushes to where Gary is immediately.

Jong Kook knows it himself from the start how dangerous it is when he see Gary so immersed in the love. It takes over his world. When she left, his soul and heart taken away as well.

He has no idea how he has tried to comfort Gary. He is never good in consoling anyone. But that moment would have been the most unforgettable for him. Despite knowing Gary for years, Jong Kook has never seen Gary been so down.

He is drown in alcohol. His eyes look around. Empty. Lost.

Such a sight from his once strong brother crippling right in front of him makes Jong Kook's heart ache, especially so it’s for one person. That person has just smashed Gary's world to pieces. He can't bear to watch that person living like normal while his brother drowned in sorrow. Rages burn in Jong Kook as he sworn for revenge to that person. Song Ji Hyo.

He stays awake as the night accompanied in crafting his plan. He wants Ji Hyo to pay for her heartless act and he meant it.

Next Day

Jong Kook looks at the phone in his hand and takes in a deep breathe. He has to do this. Once it starts, there is no more turning back. But for his brother, he knows it that it will be worth it. With that thought, Jong Kook calls Ji Hyo.

"Hello?"

Her voice sounds normal. It is as if the break up was months ago. How could she be so calm and indifferent about it while Gary is wallowing in sorrow? This angers Jong Kook further but he tried to suppress it and not to show it.

"Ji Hyo ah. Jong Kook here. I've just heard that you two break up. Is it true? "

"Yeah."

Ji Hyo feels a slight disgust when she realizes that Jong Kook has called and asks about the break up. She couldn’t believe how fast Gary has told others. She has wanted to wait for a while longer before breaking the news to the others.

On the other hand, Jong Kook notices her slight displease in her tone of reply. He knows her well after all these years of working together. The chance is there for him to grab.

"I didn't meant anything Ji Hyo ah. Just wanna ask if you're alright. Do you want to go out to let your feelings out for a while?"

Ji Hyo is slightly stunned. She has never thought that someone would ever showed their concerns to her, especially at this situation. Her heart warms at that instance.

In fact, Ji Hyo has always had the strong woman image and has been maintaining that image well. Perhaps it’s because of that particular reason that people think that she will do well alone for everything. But that is merely an image. She is still a woman. She still needs those cares and concerns. She wants someone she could truly trust. She wants someone who would lend her the shoulder to cry on and hugs her when she is down.

Honestly, her world swirls after the breakup. It’s true that she has thought it through before initiating the breakup. But the amount of emptiness and loneliness she feel encompassing after it still causes her to bring waters to her eyes each time she is alone at night. The surrounding is still the same. She is still surrounded by people every day. The only difference is that she is single again. Single. Alone.

Yet, she is a strong woman. She would never allowed anyone to see her tears – those tears that flowed from deep within her heart. Tears, to her, are signs of weakness.

After the breakup, the only one by her side is Jongkook. He’s the only one who comes and talks to her every night, trying to cheer her up. Gradually, Jongkook has overcome the barrier she sets and steps into her heart. His place in her heart has become so much more important than before. His strength. His utmost care for her, everything. He is always there when she needed him. He’s like an angel that has appear to her. In front of him, she couldn’t be strong. She let her emotions flow.

Perhaps it’s the emptiness of her heart that caused her to let her guards down.
Perhaps it’s his immediate care whenever she need him.
Perhaps that is the reason why she has not notice the sudden change and care from him.
Perhaps she did not want to find out why it is so, in fear that she might get another shock of pain.

Perhaps that is why it has not occurred to her that he is merely a devil under the cover of an angel.

Perhaps it is his determination to hurt her that he has cared for her this much.
Perhaps it is because he wants her to sink into his sweetness in order to inflict her a greater pain.
Perhaps the extra care from him is out because of another reason.
Perhaps behind his hatred, his heart has changed unknowingly even to himself.
Perhaps he could not tell if his actions are an act or truthful.

Perhaps… This is the true starting of the love game.


Hi guys!!! Sorry to have kept you guys waiting. Been really busy lately and exams are coming up for me as well. I have split the story into two parts and this is the first. Tell me what you guys think about the rewritten part 1 okay?? ^^ I might collate some opinions and insert in the rewritten part2 of the story. But the 2nd part would have to waiti till my exams are over. :( Sorry guys. But I promise that after my exams I'll finished up this story and my other Running Man themed story "After Dark". So sorry to have kept you guys waiting. But I hope you all would love this part 1 of the story :D