Homework Help

How To Do Your Homework JoonMi Style

    Joon and Mir were very alike. They just wouldn’t ever admit it. 

    It was on a day that the rain fell steadily, and the clouds were an oppressing gray that Mir decided to entertain himself. Which meant trying to hack into a certain someone’s database.

    ‘Ayo Ren, prepare for typing your off!’ he sent the text to the other blonde boy with a smirk. Why not make it all the more fun by giving him a warning? The reply came seconds later.

    ‘Don’t you dare.’

    ‘Too late!’ And with that Mir was typing furiously. 

    In a different building Ren stared at his screen before allowing his face to drop to the desk. Why? Why did he have to deal with this idiot now? Although Mir wasn’t really an idiot...anyone who could hack well was far from that. 

    “Hello?” His phone rang and he put it on speaker as he continued typing. 

    “How ya’ holding up there little Minki?” 

    “Don’t call me that Mireu.”

    “Touché.”

    “Jerk.”

    “So...what’s up?” If Ren was face to face with him, he would probably waste no time in throwing a punch. 

    “I’m trying to defend my computer from a troll hacker.”

    “Oh. Want help?” That was followed by maniacal laughter.

    “ I. Hate. You,” Ren gritted his teeth. 

    There was pause.

    “It’s impossible to hate me, we’re best friends. So...” The line was left hanging and suddenly the barrage of attacks on his computer ceased. What is he up to... Ren waited in silence, the computer screen illuminating his face. Minutes passed and he stayed in his position lightly drumming his fingers on the wooden desk.

    “Hey,” Ren let out a small squeak as his arms were yanked behind his back and a knife was put at his throat.

    “...”

    “Surprised?” Mir smiled down at him. 

    “How did you get here so fast?” Ren kept his voice calm but squirmed a bit from the pressure on his muscles.

    “Simple. I just recorded what I was going to say for the end and took off...plus I know a few shortcuts here.”

    “...seems like an elaborate plan for you to just come cut me,” Ren shifted again trying to get away from the blade.

    “How do you know that’s my goal?” Mir turned it so the tip was in the hollow of Ren’s throat. Ren tried not to swallow. A tense silence followed.

    “Don’t be scared. I just came to ask for help...” Mir dragged out a lump that looked suspiciously like a backpack.

    “What?” The other boy just stared in disbelief as a piece of paper was put in his hands.

    “Come on, you’re smart aren’t you? You’re like...a fifteen year old genius!”

    “So...you want me to do your math homework?” Ren just stared at Mir.

    “Well yeah...I’m a hacker! I have a hacking life to live!”

    “Yah, who do you think I am!”

    “...the person who is going to do my math homework.”

    “And if I don’t?”

    “...” Mir moved swiftly and covered both of Ren’s pale wrists with one knife each, “then I cut off your hands so you can never hack again.”

    “Then I can’t do your math homework either,” was Ren’s mild response.

    “True. Well. You’ll be too busy screaming in pain to think about doing anything anyways.”

    “You’re one sick person Mir.”

    “Aren’t we all? Now do it,” he stepped back and allowed Ren to get a pencil, “man I hate being in high school.”

    “How do slackers like you even survive?”

    “With threats and hacking Ren. Threats and hacking.”

 

 

    Man, Mir had left him all alone to go mess with that little blonde haired kid. Ren was his name? Whatever. Hackers had their own world which he, Lee Joon, was not a part of. It was time for him to visit his own friend. Joon grabbed his bag and flipped out the window. He found his target sitting at a desk looking through packets of paper.

    “Kreeeease hi,” Joon leapt through the open window and landed next to the insanely tall blonde.    

    “...”

    “Have you gotten taller?”

    “Is that supposed to be a compliment?”

    “If you want it to be,” Joon shrugged casually.

    “Have you come just to talk?”

    “Er...well...” Joon sighed dramatically and pulled out a sheet of paper, “you see...you’re a smart mafia leader...help me with my history homework.”

    “You have got to be kidding me,” Kris turned back to his work and muttered something about stupid assassins. 

    “I’m not. Really. I need help. It’s hard. Who wants to know about 15th century South America? I don’t,” Joon continued to shover his paper in the blonde’s face, “pleeeeeeeeeease Kris?”

    “I swear Joon...I’m going to kill you...”

    “At least I won’t have to go to school then,” he mumbled before laying on the desk, “pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase?”

    “No,” Kris turned away again. If there had been one thing the mafia had taught him, it was to never give in.

    “click” The sound of a gun being loaded.

    “Lee Joon, you better not be pointing a gun at me.” 

    Silence.

    “Joon?” Kris finally looked up and saw no one there. Where did he go...

    “Gotcha’!” 

    “Ack!” There was a moment of chaos as Joon dropped onto Kris’s head from the ceiling and Kris tripped over his desk.

    “...homework?” It ended up with Joon sitting on the taller and quite annoyed soon to be mafia boss.

    “...you’re heavy.”

    “You’re ignoring my question.”

    “Get off me.”

    “No.”

    How Kris had ever been forced to meet this insane individual was a mystery to him.     “Yah. Kris. Homework. Now,” Joon swiftly brought up his gun so it was aimed at Kris’s head. So much for mafia training...

    “Okay, okay...” Kris sighed and picked up the paper, “I can’t believe you. All this for homework...”

    “What? Good grades are important,” the assassin started humming happily.

    “Not if you don’t earn them,” there was no use in scolding Joon though, Kris doubted ANYTHING would get through his thick head.

    “Well...my career is killing people. Nothing to do with this .”

    “History repeats itself...” Kris warned as he copied a sentence about the Aztecs,” I mean look at these guys, bloody sacrifices everyday.”

    “Oh really?” Finally he showed some interest, “that gives me a few ideas...”

    “No. Bad Joon,” Kris whacked his head, “don’t even think about daily sacrifices.”

    “Okay~ whatever you say~”

 

 

    Yes, Joon and Mir were quite alike.

     Especially when it comes to homework.