What was that about?

A Share of Prizes

Her breath tickled against his neck, sending shivers of excitement down his spine. Ragged gasps filled the air in the stuffy room, laughter dying down between the two sole survivors of the game. His arms were wrapped around her waist, preventing her from breaking through his defense. She was trapped - caught by his strong arms, and she had absolutely no way of escaping from his wrath. 

"Ji Hyo-ah... Ji Hyo-ah..." he panted, catching his breath as he tried to call for her attention. His grip on her tightened as she struggled to wriggle her small frame out of his hold. Sensing that she might just be able to slip right through his embrace, he leaned forward slightly, resting his head against her shoulder from exhaustion. He had been looking for her for the past hour - or maybe even longer, since he didn't take note of the time. He was so tired. 

Having given the role of the hunter for today, it was no wonder that he had been chasing after all of his preys - especially this lioness. He'd bumped into her a few occassional times earlier in the hallway, but he'd decided to let her go and catch her later since there was no time limit, saving the best for his last meal. 

He breathed again, savoring her scent, and sighed, "I've finally caught you, Ji Hyo-ah..." 

"Oppa... Wait a minute... I'm so tired..."

Catching her response, Jong Kook replied, his limbs starting to lose strength from all the running they did, "Me too, Ji Hyo-ah... I was looking for you everywhere..." 

The actress finally gave in to his firm grasp and leaned herself against him - almost admitting defeat. She knew that he didn't mind her putting her weight on him since she was probably nothing compared to his dumbbells. He'd support her, she knew that. He always did. 

Too drained out to even breathe properly, she spoke in between pants and gasps, "And I was... trying my best to hide from you, oppa..." 

Their VJs who were filming them weren't the least bothered by their skinship at all, even grinning a little at their cute little interactions they'd have once in a while. They were so indulged by the scene before them that they'd already forgotten that they were giving all of next week's watchers a clear view of their close relationship. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook paid no mind to the cameramen, though, knowing that the production crew was already aware of their said relationship. They were really the closest of friends if any blind person might ask. 

"Ji Hyo-ah..." he spoke again, regaining his composure a little. "Oppa can't let you run away this time. Do you understand?" his voice sincere, a tinge of sadness was hidden in it as he remembered that he was going to oust her selfishly for his own benefit. What a coward, he thought to no one in particular but himself.

Ji Hyo sighed, closing her eyes due to the fatigue that had crept into her just a little while ago. She tilted her head so that she could rest her forehead on his jawline, her hands loosely grabbing onto his defined arms that were wrapped around her to steady herself from standing. She sighed again, this time out of disappointment. 

"I know, oppa..." she paused to think for a moment, trying to come up with an offer instead of just letting him get the prize all to himself. It was gold after all. "But, oppa..." she spoke in a small and timid manner.  

A little surprised, Jong Kook snapped his attention from his irregular breathing to her, listening to what she has to say instead. 

"What is it?" he asked, curiousity taking over his mind. He wondered what kind of tricks she had up her sleeves this time, smirking while thinking of the only possible idea. 

Just like he had expected, she spoke calmly, pouting a little to add to the "cute" effect to win him over, "Oppa, you have to share half of the prize with me."

"And if I don't?" His mischievious side of him was showing, challenging her offer - Song Ji Hyo's offer - instead of complying to it.

There was a long pause from her and he'd decided to speak. Just before he was about to, Ji Hyo whipped herself around, turning face to face with him. He was surprised, and not just a little. Alarmed, his small eyes stretched and he leaned back a little by reflex. He hadn't seen a woman's face so up close for a while now. 

Heat rushed to his cheeks and he inwardly cursed himself for being such a shy man despite having such a built body. His mind was still clouded from the sudden change in the speed of his beating heart that was hitting against his eardrums. He couldn't think straight, not with Ji Hyo in front of him right now, not with her nose almost touching his right now, and absolutely not with her so close he could feel her breathing against his chin right now.

The movement was swift as she took the chance of him still dumbfounded to place a light peck on his lips, closing her eyes for a brief second to enjoy the short euphoria. 

Feeling that his arms loosened from the sudden action, she quickly took a step back to have a clearer look at his expression - he looked just like Ms. Mong on any other day. She smiled sheepishly at him, her rosy cheeks beamed a bright pink. 

Still caught in the situation and unable to believe that Song Ji Hyo had just kissed him right in front of two cameramen (who were supposed to send this whole film in for editing to broadcast it on the television for everyone to see the next week), he blinked his eyes - two and three more times to assure himself that he wasn't just dreaming and fantasizing about her. When he finally came back to life, he realised that he was already eliminated by the female who had just slapped him hard on his lips with her lips through mental impact. 

Still stunned, and happy of course, he shyly grinned and let out a, "What was that?" 

Her smile grew wider at his blank response and she held his name tag up to her face just enough to cover to prevent him from seeing her wide grin. 

The commander turned to his left, unable to believe this was happening. His wide grin was still planted on his face clearly and he shut his eyes, shaking his head lightly before looking at the actress again. "Ya, Ji Hyo-ah, what was that about?" He tried to speak in his usual tone, but the fluttery feeling that was inside him had all been expressed in his last sentence. He wasn't very good at hiding his emotions after all. 

"I'm sorry, oppa...~" Ji Hyo casually replied, chuckling a little at the cute side of his that he'd hardly shown anyone. She bit her lips to stop herself from smiling but her attempts were futile nonetheless. 

As the guards came to take him away, a thought suddenly reappeared in his mind. "Ya, Ji Hyo-ah!" he called while being dragged off from his previous grounds. 

"Yes, oppa?" 

"We're still splitting the prize, right?" he asked.

Her answer was, of course, sticking her tongue out at him cheekily before facing the camera and waving Kim Jong Kook's name tag in the air happily. 

He snickered at her childish actions. Really... this girl... he thought. They'd have to edit this part out later.