final.

Story of an Ex-loner

Jimin hates his classmates. Jimin hates his life.

 

It's a bright day, it's winter, the temperature is cool, everything is there to make it a happy day, yet it's just another school day. In the future, Jimin wants to be a dancer and his whole family is supporting him. He's happy, he works well, he had bunch of friends, he's popular and he loves the girls in the school. His family is proud of him. Now stop the drama and begin with reality: Jimin is not happy, his grades are being bad, he's a loner, he's not popular at all and he hates these annoying girls. Except one. She's pretty and very nice. But they're not friends. Jimin is very shy, he always is having a hard time trying to answer to people when they want to sympathize with him. They always end up leaving him alone anyways. His schoolmates don't like being around him because Jimin looks cold, crazy, possessed and all stuff like that.

It makes Jimin angry.

It drives Jimin mad.

The once sweet and poor little kid that Jimin was before disappeared a long time ago already. Almost a year to be honest, since Jimin graduated from middle school and arrived in high school. He had a friend back then in middle school. His only friend. They lost contact since he moved in Seoul for another high school. His name? Kim Taehyung. He was funny and quite popular, yet he stayed with Jimin. They didn't exchange their numbers because Jimin didn't have any phone. He still have no phone today. Not that he is too poor to buy one, but why having one if no one is going to call or text him? Jimin doesn't care about applications and games we can find in those phones. He doesn't need that. What he need is Taehyung. He misses him so bad.

Jimin wants to know this girl too. She really is cute and seems to be his type.

'This must be what people call “love”…'

Yet he doesn't know her name nor anything. She's the most popular girl of the school and most of the guys like her too. How can he not know her name considering that she's very popular? Every guys talk about her, but Jimin doesn't listen to them, that's why. This girl is a year older than him, that's all he knows. She's the only reason for Jimin to stay calm in school, or else he'd bully anyone who makes fun of him. Yeah, Jimin is going insane.

 

But today is different from the other days. Jimin is going to fight against his shyness and talk to this girl. He once dreamed about her saying his name, calling him 'Jiminie' and other cute surnames. It was amazing.

 

It's morning. Jimin finishes preparing himself and goes to school. As expected, the world is calm and quiet. Perfect for Jimin.

Then, he arrives at school. Of course, no one cares about him. Sigh. It's almost the end of the year and yet he still is alone. He bets Taehyung became his friend only because he pitied him. Thinking about that makes Jimin a bit angry. If only he wasn't that stupid!

 

Classes of the morning are over and Jimin is going to eat. He wants to ask the girl if she wants to eat with him.

'It's okay, I can do it.' Jimin encourages himself.

He walks out of the classroom and searches for her. He doesn't know where she is, so he just walks around, his bag on his shoulder. Then, in a hallway, Jimin finally finds her, but as expected, she is surrounded by her friends and some guys who are asking her to eat with them. Jimin's shyness is taking the control of his body once again, but he's not going to let it win so he takes one feet after another one, his head down, facing the floor, when suddenly boom, he bumps into someone and falls.

“Hey, are you okay?”

Jimin raises his head and looks at the male who's talking to him. He widens his eyes. He's beautiful…

“Hum… hello?”

Jimin quits daydreaming by shaking his head and shyly answers him that everything is fine. Then he looks inside his bag, and doesn't find his lunch box. He looks next to his feet and sees it. His lunch is now on the floor. He has nothing to eat. He pouts.

“You're… cute…”

He widens his eyes again and looks at the boy. Did he really called him cute? Why? Jimin is straight so he begins to fear this stranger, who's blushing for some reasons. The boy looks away and rubs the back of his neck, certainly embarassed.

“I'm… I'm sorry for your food… Do you want to eat with me? I… I can share with you, if you want.”

Jimin stays quiet for some seconds. He wants to eat with the girl… He turns his head, seeing that students stopped doing their stuff to stare at them. Even her. It embarasses him. He has been humiliated in front of her.

“N… No than-”

“I insist.” The mysterious boy cuts him in his tracks.

Jimin pouts again, making the boy gulp, and he nods. Then, he gets up and they go away, not doing anything for this poor box on the floor. (How dare you!?)

 

Jimin is back in his home, in his precious bedroom, the door locked, as always. (Yup, no one is allowed to enter his room, even his own family.) He is laying on his bed, starring at the white ceiling and smiling like an idiot, daydreaming. Today was amusing. Yeah, he didn't get to talk to this girl, but he enjoyed school for the first time this year. He made a friend. He finally has one. He's so happy.

This friend is the boy from earlier. His name is Min Yoongi. He is two years older than him and has another friend named Jung Hoseok, a year older that Jimin. He is Yoongi's bestfriend. They all ate together at lunch and Hoseok was very funny. They both shared their food with Jimin and he noticed how kind Yoongi is. Sometimes, while he was busy eating, he also noticed that they were whispering to each others while throwing some glances. They certainly were hiding things from him, but it's okay because they're bestfriends and he's just a stranger, it's normal. It somehow hurts when he thinks about the time where no one would care to talk with him or even simply care about him. But now, it's different. Because there is Yoongi.

Jimin doesn't know if he should consider Hoseok as a friend because they didn't talk together. Only with Yoongi. Oh, and let me tell you that Jimin never began the conversations, which basically means that Yoongi wants to talk to him. Yoongi wants to know him more. Jimin is happy just by thinking about that. Yoongi is awesome… He even walked him home after school.

He smiles even more. He still wants to talk with this queenka though…

 

The next day, Jimin wakes up excited to go to school. This is the first time in his life as a high school student that he wants to go to school like that. He wants to see Yoongi, of course.

After preparing himself and eating his breakfast, he goes out and walks fast. When he arrives, he can't enter the school. It still is closed and no one is here. Jimin sighs. Why did he go here this fast? Why didn't he wait a little bit longer at home?

'I'm so silly…'

He sits on an empty bench and takes one of his book. It's a book called Boy, Catch A Girl. Yeah, a lame book about techniques to approach a girl. Jimin even has shame to read a book like this.

He turns the pages and quickly read each sentences, trying to memorize them.

“You read stuff like that?”

Surprised, Jimin quickly closes the book and puts it back in his bag. He turns and see Hoseok behind him.

“What are you doing?”

Hoseok laughs, making Jimin blush. He blushes because he's shy and he's very embarassed.

“Hey guys. Huh, why are you laughing?”

Yoongi finally arrived. Jimin shyly stares at him. He really is beautiful…

“Hahaha, maybe you won't believe me, but this kid was reading a book about how to catch girls' heart!”

Yoongi raises his eyebrows, looks at Jimin, and giggles. Then, he smiles and sits next to Jimin, wrapping his arm around his shoulders.

“So you want to impress a girl, don't you?” Jimin hesitantly nods at his question. “Isn't she Ahn Sukyung, the queenka of the school?” He nods again, making Hoseok laugh. Yoongi looks at the floor. “She's really pretty, isn't she? I don't know if you know it already, but she's known on the internet too.” Jimin widens his eyes. How could she be known on the internet too? Is she a model? “She's an ulzzang.”

“Do you live under a rock?”

Hoseok laughs once again. Jimin narrows his eyebrows. He has access to Internet in his bedroom, but he uses it mostly to cheat on his homework or find more tips to talk with Sukyung. Yeah, he's a bad boy.

Jimin notices that Yoongi isn't smiling. Why? He has no idea.

 

Lunch time arrived! It makes Jimin happy. He's going to eat with Yoongi and Hoseok! This time, he has his own food and another box, but this one is pink… It's his mom's, but it's okay because it's just a box, nothing else.

Jimin goes in the room where he ate with them yesterday and he finds them. They were waiting for him.

Yeah, Jimin finally knows if Hoseok is his friend or not. He is, but Yoongi is more important.

 

Days later, Jimin is sad. The year is almost reaching its end, which means that holidays are coming, third years are going to graduate, including Yoongi. He's not going to eat with him anymore. Thinking about that makes him sick. They got so close to each others Yoongi became his bestfriend. Hoseok still is Yoongi's bestfriend though. Jimin is becoming jealous of their complicity. Once he even threw an angry look at Hoseok. How did he get so close to Yoongi in so little time? He doesn't know.

He stopped his thoughts about flirting with the queenka too. He threw his book in the dustbin not so long ago. What's going on with him? He doesn't know either.

 

The last school day arrived quickly. Yoongi's last day in high school. Jimin mentally is crying like crazy. Why is he leaving him so soon? They didn't have enough fun together, two weeks were way too short. Oh, did I tell you that Jimin finally got a phone?

Jimin sadly goes to school and arrives before classes begin. Yoongi is here, waiting in front of the gate, without Hoseok.

'Strange…'

He comes next to Yoongi and greets him. The older boy smiles. Jimin asks him why Hoseok is not here with him, and he answers that he doesn't know.

 

It's noon and Jimin is ready to eat with Yoongi for the last time. When he arrives in their usual room, he doesn't find him. Where did he go? Jimin takes his phone out of his pocket and quickly types a message.

 

From: Jimin

To: Yoongi-hyung

Where are you?

 

Jimin sits down and waits. He waits… but no one shows up and Yoongi doesn't answer. What's going on? He sighs and decides to eat alone.

 

When he finishes, he goes in the restroom to wash his face and to do… his needs. When he washes his hands, he raises his head to look into the mirror and he sees someone behind him. He doesn't know who it is, but he knows it's a boy. This boy puts his hands on Jimin's eyes and tells him to keep quiet. He recognizes his voice. It's Hoseok.

Then, Hoseok tells him to go in the music club's room. Jimin nods and he releases him. Jimin does as he has been told to. When he arrives in the room, there's no one.

He moves forward and suddenly, someone pulls him into an embrace. Surprised, Jimin doesn't do anything.

Seconds later, he lets go of him and Jimin turns to look at him. It's Yoongi.

“H- Hey Jimin, w- what's up?”

He shyly smiles. What's going on, seriously? Jimin wonders…

“Hyung, what are you doing here?”

Yoongi frowns and looks at the floor.

“I- I don't know…”

“You know, I'm not dumb. I'm here because Hoseok told me to.”

Yoongi bites his lower lip and lowers his head, playing with his own fingers.

“Honestly, I- I have something to tell you.”

Jimin raises an eyebrow waiting for what he's going to tell him. Yoongi's cheeks go red.

“Y- You know, I'm leaving this school pretty soon and I- I-”

He pauses to raise his head and look into Jimin's eyes. He takes his hands in his.

“I- I like you. It has been months and I- I finally had the courage to- to tell you.”

Jimin is shocked. So, Yoongi has been having a crush on him the entire time? He can't believe it.

“Are you-”

“I'm not kidding, Jimin. Remember when we bumped into each others the other day? I did it on purpose. It was Hoseok's idea, to be honest.”

Jimin widens his eyes. How did he not notice that?

“I already knew you liked the queenka, that's why I didn't dare to… to confess to you earlier. I saw that you were all alone too, but I didn't dare to approach you either. It was a real challenge, you know?”

Yoongi laughs. He's so sweet…

“I really loved eating with you everyday, and I'm so sorry for today. I had to… to make this plan so I could confess now.”

He blushes even more, making Jimin's heart melt. That's when Jimin finally understand. He was happy to go to school because of Yoongi. He was happy to eat lunch because of Yoongi. He stopped thinking about Sukyung because of Yoongi. He threw this book because of Yoongi. He was happy because of Yoongi. Yoongi is the reason of Jimin's smile.

“So… what- what's your answer?”

Without thinking twice, Jimin moves his head closer to Yoongi's and when there are only few inches between them, Jimin pauses to stare into his eyes, noticing sparkles inside. He hesitates. What am I doing? Yoongi closes his eyes and Jimin gets rid of the gap between their lips by kissing him. He feels butterflies in his stomach, like the world was heaven and there was no one but them. He is even happier than the days before. Yoongi kisses him back, not hesitating at all.

Jimin didn't know that a day like this would come. He thought that the entire year was going to be miserable, but he was wrong. He thought that he was straight, but he was wrong. He even thought that without Taehyung, he wouldn't survive in this world, but he was wrong, once again. He is glad that he was because Yoongi arrived in his world and brightened it, like an angel. A beautiful angel…

Then, Jimin slowly pulls back and rests his forehead on Yoongi's, both smiling sweetly to each others.

“I… I love you…”

 


Voilà. What did you think about that? I'm not proud of it, to be honest…  /hides in a corner/

Thanks for reading! :)