1/1

Boys in skirts have all the fun.

Byun Baekhyun is a sly little thing; but this wasn't breaking news. He knows exactly how to flaunt his best assets to get exactly what he wants. In fact, Kris had made this discovery the moment he had walked into his orientation day of senior year.





Kris doesn’t expect much from senior year; “Same , different year” or so he says. What is different this year is that instead of choosing a seat at the back row next to the window, he decides to take a seat next to Byun Baekhyun. This was not his first time hearing about that strange boy that wore the girl’s uniform; but rather it was impossible not to have heard about the whirlwind in a skirt with the ferocity of a thousand divas. No one had told him that he was this pretty though.

Taking a heaving sigh and collapsing into the tiny chair, limbs bumping into the seat in front of him, Kris plays the nonchalant and keeps his eyes dull, trained on the whiteboard at the front of the room. In his peripheral though, he takes notice of Baekhyun talking avidly with his best friend, the school pothead; Kim Jongin. Kris takes notice of Baekhyun’s smooth shaven legs that he maintains in order to make the school uniform work and Baekhyun’s pouty little mouth chattering non-stop. Was that a sheen of lipgloss coating the other's pouty lips? At this point his nonchalance is more of an out right staring. 

Jongin stops paying Baekhyun attention when he notices Kris’ gaze and smirks.

“Why are you making that face, Kim Jongin” Baekhyun pauses in his rambling. Kris' gawking was unbeknownst to the diva as he was completely consumed in his ranting about his weekend to Jongin whom was sitting on his left.

In reply, Jongin merely nudges his head towards Kris’ direction.

Whipping his head around in confusion low and behold, Baekhyun’s khol rimmed eyes meet Kris’. “Oh.”

Sticking out a large palm, Kris introduces himself. “Hi, I’m Kris.” Do people even shake hands anymore?

“Right...” Baekhyun drawls before turning his body completely towards Jongin, offering Kris his back and continues his conversation, leaving Kris with an awkward hand in mid air. 

Kris thinks of reconsidering pursuing Baekhyun when he finds out that Baekhyun is really good at judo as he finds himself catching his breath under Baekhyun’s straddle during gym class. But then again, it’s kind of hot.






The next morning, when Kris walks through the threshold of the classroom, his eyes dart to Baekhyun’s seat and he notices that Jongin hasn’t arrived yet. Baekhyun's alone. No surprise though, Jongin was a hella sleepy kid. At closer inspection when Kris nears his seat, Baekhyun appears to be doodling into their school planner mindlessly. Teachers constantly scolded their students to keep their planners clean and tidy, forbidding any doodles between the pages. Obviously, Byun Baekhyun did not give a damn.

As Kris’ figure nears, his shadow is cast over Baekhyun’s seat, blocking the fluorescent lighting of the classroom and conveniently garners Baekhyun’s attention. Unfortunately for Baekhyun, his very important task of decorating his school planner is interrupted and he juts his chin up at Kris from his seat.

“Yes?” Baekhyun drops his pencil and folds his arms, bestowing Kris the attention that he wants.

Kris on the other hand was expecting Baekhyun to sass him in the face and disregard his entire being. Unprepared for the attention, Kris manages to utter out a few eloquent words.

“Um. Hi again.” Kris tries to regain his confidence. “I was wondering if you wanted to go over yesterday’s history lesson. Pretty intense for the first day, don’t you think?”

Baekhyun merely picks up his pencil and begins to doodle idly at the corner of his page, avoiding eye contact with Kris completely.

“No thanks. Not interested. Thought it was a breeze.”

Disappointed, although he didn’t know why he was expecting any different, Kris drags his limbs to his seat and doesn’t mope one bit. (Okay maybe he does a little bit).






When the bell for recess rings and Jongin is still nowhere to be seen, Kris shoots out of his seat and dives for Baekhyun’s book bag sitting beside the petite boy. He tries not to stare at the pale, smooth limbs for too long (wow they really are completely hairless) and he picks the bag up. Baekhyun’s eyebrows are furrowed at the middle of his forehead in confusion.

“What are you doing?” 

Kris offers his hand to Baekhyun to help him out of his seat. “I’ll walk you to your locker.”

Staring at the proffered hand for a while, Baekhyun eventually slides his much tinier hands into it and climbs out of his seat. He is not one to reject an opportunity to shirk off heavy lifting and ruin his perfect, ironed uniform.

The moment he is free from the seat, Baekhyun retracts his hand and begins a quick stride that Kris has to skip the first few steps in order to keep up. “Let’s go then.”

Kris wonders how such a little figure can move so much quicker than his own long limbs. Albeit said long limbs are also very awkward limbs.

They slow down when they reach Baekhyun’s locker. Putting in his combination code, he quickly reaches for his bag at Kris’ side and opens the door; conveniently blocking Kris from view of his face.

“You know I have a right?” Baekhyun’s voice is slightly muffled through the metal but Kris hears him loud and clear.

He chokes on his saliva. 

Baekhyun closes his locker with a slam and stares straight into his eyes, “Look, that was nice and all but I don’t have time for ers like you who only want a 'little fun'.” And storms off with his skirt swaying with his hips.

The other students pass by and stare at the giant senior trying to regain normal breathing patterns standing in the middle of the hallway.






After Kris finally manages to breathe properly, he makes his way to the cafeteria and finds Baekhyun running his mouth off to a still very bleary eyed Jongin. Still very adamant about trying to woo Byun Baekhyun, Kris approaches the vending machine and buys a bottle of strawberry milk and ice coffee. Trying to hold his composure, he approaches the table and sets down the milk in front of Baekhyun and the coffee in front of Jongin. To be honest, the coffee was an after thought; the Spice Girls had told him “If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends.” and get with Baekhyun’s friends he did. 

Jongin had all but rejoiced at the sight of coffee. Baekhyun watches Kris sit on the opposite side of the table but never the less begins to crack open the bottle of milk. 

After taking a glorious gulp of the drink (Kris absolutely did not stare at Baekhyun’s Adam’s apple bobbing because that would be creepy), the diva smirks at Kris.

Baekhyun sets the bottle down noisily. “So I didn’t scare you away?” 

“No.” Kris doesn’t dare to make eye contact less he begins to stutter again.

When Kris does happen to look up though, he sees Baekhyun smiling at him. “Good.”






From that day onwards, Kris would carry Baekhyun’s books and walk him home every day, ignoring the fact that Baekhyun’s home was at least a mile in the opposite direction of Kris’ home. 

The first day that Kris does this, Baekhyun religiously stares at Kris while they’re walking home, not even darting an eye out to avoid obstacles on the way. Kris continues to keep his gaze straight on the footpath and pulls Baekhyun in directions to avoid traffic accidents. 

“You know that I’m not actually a girl,” Baekhyun states quizzically. “Much less a damsel in distress.”

Kris lets out a sigh. “I know” and reaches out his hand to grab Baekhyun’s so the smaller doesn't run into a fire hydrant; eyes still dead straight ahead.






Kris didn’t exactly know when he and Baekhyun had become a thing but things like Baekhyun prancing out of no where and settling his cute little in Kris’ lap had become a regular ordeal. In all things though, Kris is grateful for whatever thing Kris and Baekhyun are. Ten points to Gryffindor.

On a warm summers day, Kris finds himself eating lunch outside with Sehun and Tao, minding their own business until Baekhyun once again comes bouncing over to their bench, his skirt hem rising and falling with the rhythm of his skipping. He perches himself next to Kris so his bare thighs meet Kris’ dark navy trousers, the younger's pale skin tone contrasting with his pants. Once Baekhyun making himself comfortable, the conversation continues, that is, until Baekhyun crosses one pale leg over the other and the skirt rides up his thigh a little bit too much and Tao lets out a wolf whistle.

Kris shoots daggers at Tao’s smug face and roughly pulls back the material so it covers more of Baekhyun’s thigh. There wasn’t much material in the first place and Kris ends up stripping his blazer and covering up Baekhyun’s legs. Baekhyun’s face gloats and he preens like a cat that got the cream.

When they’re walking home that day Kris scowls and asks why Baekhyun’s skirt is hemmed so high. Baekhyun merely replies, “Because my legs are my greatest asset, no matter how short they are” and continues on his merry way






One day, Baekhyun actually asks if Kris wants to come inside (Kris get your head out of the gutter). Kris nods his head excitedly but tries to remember his manners. “Yes, please.”

With a giggle, Baekhyun fetches his keys from his pocket and unlocks the door.

Baekhyun shouts into the hallway “Mum, Dad, I’m back from school!” and leaves the door open for Kris. 

They leave their shoes at the door way and Baekhyun walks Kris into their lounge room where he sees Baekhyun’s dad reading the newspaper on the couch.

Baekhyun runs to his dad and gives him a peck on the cheek before peering up at Kris’ lone figure whom he had abandoned standing with odd socks in the hallway. Had Kris known he needed to impress Baekhyun’s parents he would have spent more time finding his missing sock in the morning. “I want you to meet my friend, Kris.”

Urging his body to move, he stiffly offers his hand to Baekhyun’s father and barely breathes out, “Mr. Byun, it’s nice to meet you.”

Taking Kris’ hand and giving it a shake,“Firm hand shake." Mr. Byun lets out a chuckle. "Baekhyun, I can’t believe you’ve managed to pick up such a handsome boy.”

Baekhyun retaliates at the speed of light. “I can’t believe you managed to pick up such a beauty like mum.” 

Kris decides to play the 'cliché son-in-law'. “I’m assuming that’s where Baekhyun got all his good looks from then.” His face pales immediately and instantly regrets what he just said. “Not that I’m saying you’re not good looking Mr. Byun.” His face is the epitome of pure panic now. “I mean-“

“Um, Kris.” Baekhyun pulls Kris to the couch and pushes him down onto the seat. ”Just sit here. I’ll get you some water.” 

This is possibly the worst thing Baekhyun could have done, leaving him alone with his father that is. Kris actually needs that glass of water, if only Baekhyun didn’t have to leave.

“So then.” Baekhyun’s father’s voice breaks Kris’ trail of panicked thoughts. “I assume you know that if you ever break my son’s heart I’ll make sure to break your face.” 

Kris stares at him from across the room and he’s not even looking at Kris. Mr. Byun turns the page of the newspaper and the crinkling sound against the emptiness of the room only intensifies Kris’ anxiety. 

“Yes, sir”. This is entirely more intimidating than if he had dragged Kris in by the scruff of his collar by tenfold. “Understood, sir.”
"Good.” Baekhyun’s father finally looks at him and lets out a smile. “Stop looking so uptight son, you’re family now.” This does not ease Kris’ heart one bit.

When Baekhyun finally comes back with their drinks and notices that Kris looks a bit tense, he grins a tiny grin but says nothing at all.






Kris is walking around the mall during his lunch break at work when he notices a newly opened jewelry store. A silver heart shaped pendant with a small crystal in the middle catches his attention. The price tag also manages to catch his attention and a tiny squeak escapes. But then, he imagines pushing aside Baekhyun’s cropped hair that just brushes the nape of his neck to wind the chain around the pale skin and lock it in place. And he imagines Baekhyun stopping at every mirror in his house to stare at the crystal glimmer in the light with glee. Kris weeps at his bank account for a while but enters the store with bravado, figuring that this is what a relationship calls for and he would want to give Baekhyun the world if he could. Pouring out a small (large) portion of his paycheck in comparison is nothing.

When Kris slides the velvet box over to Baekhyun the next morning at school, Baekhyun eyes Kris wearily and a gasp escapes when he opens the box. He pulls out the chain and holds it in the palm of his hands, as if entranced by the beauty. 

“It’s pretty right?” Kris says softly. “Just like you.”

Baekhyun’s enchantment is broken and he lets out a scoff. “Please. You are so cheesy.” But all signs of sass dissipate from Baekhyun's face and his lips smooth out into a small smile. 

“This must have been expensive.” Baekhyun puts the chain back, snaps the box shut and slides it over to Kris. “I can’t accept this.”

Kris takes the box and takes out the necklace. “Don’t be ridiculous. Come on, turn around and let me put it on you”.

“I want you to know that I’m not a gold digger but I’m accepting this because I like you.” Baekhyun turns around heavily, as if accepting the gift was a burden (and Kris knows that some part of Baekhyun must think it is) and his slender fingers smooth his hair to the side, exposing his neck to Kris in offering. “A lot.”

Chuckling, Kris sweeps his arms around Baekhyun’s neck and just before locking the chain, he places a chaste kiss at Baekhyun’s nape and whispers, ”Good, because I like you too. A lot.” 






Baekhyun is skipping to Kris’ locker after the final bell has rung but stops mid-skip when he finds Kris talking to Soojung. She’s clearly interested, twirling a strand of hair in her fingers and jutting out a hip.

On the walk home that day, it’s awfully quiet. Baekhyun isn’t chattering as usual and is even carrying his own backpack. Kris had let him because he had been informed by Baekhyun himself that he wasn’t “a damsel in distress”. 

Then suddenly, Baekhyun pauses in his steps, Kris continues along the sidewalk for a few seconds but eventually turns around to look at him inquisitively.

“So. Krystal is pretty.” Now that Baekhyun thinks about it, they would be a fitting couple with both their English names.

“Is she?” Kris’ head tilts to the side in confusion. “I haven’t noticed. I see you have. She just asked me about our English homework.”

“Don’t be ridiculous. She is so not my type. Her hair is so unnatural” Baekhyun looks down at the pavement. “I’m just so scared that little, confused, cross dressing twinks aren’t your thing anymore and I’m going to be left with only Ben and Jerry to cheer me up.”

Kris walks back to Baekhyun and pulls his head to rest against his chest. “Now you’re being ridiculous.”

Baekhyun holds on for his dear life as best as he can with his tiny hands and they stand on the footpath in the middle of suburbia embracing.

When they’re not in school, Baekhyun struts around the mall in these heels and he shouldn’t look this good but he does. Baekhyun definitely has this confidence back. Krystal Jung is no match for him in a pair of gorgeous, red kitten pumps.





Over the weekend while Baekhyun is out shopping, some over eager guy is hitting on Baekhyun with little to no finesse. Before Kris can even approach and give that guy a piece of his mind, Baekhyun swiftly punches the guy in the stomach and struts away in the very same gorgeous, red kitten pumps.

When Baekhyun walks over to Kris and sees his slack jaws, he merely closes Kris’ mouth with a rough flick of his risk and clicks his tongue.

“What." Baekhyun's shape eyebrow quirks.  "Were you going to defend my honour or something?” He struts away with a limp wrist holding a forever 21 bag.

 

“You couldn’t even beat Sehun’s scrawny stick arms in arm wrestling.”

Struggling to keep up, and Kris ends up wondering again how Baekhyun’s tiny legs in heels for god’s sake can walk faster than his own massive limbs. 

“Hey! I let him win that time.”

 

"Yeah, and every other time."

 





Things are starting to get heated when Baekhyun invites Kris up to his bedroom one day and Kris ends up pressing Baekhyun down against the pretty, pale, blue of his satin bed sheets.

Baekhyun rests a hand against Kris’ shoulder and presses firmly. 

“I’ve never done this before.”

Kris takes the hand on his shoulder to pull it towards his lips and give it a kiss. 

“That’s okay.” Kris can’t say the same. He’s had his fair share of guys and girls. But he pulls up Baekhyun’s blouse that’s fallen off his shoulder and kisses Baekhyun’s forehead for good measure. They spend the rest of the evening watching Disney movies on Baekhyun’s laptop until curfew.






When Baekhyun is ready, Kris takes it nice and slow. He unclothes Baekhyun as if he were a fragile porcelain doll; unraveling the bow at the top of Baekhyun’s soft cashmere sweater and ping the thick, tartan skirt. Carefully grazing his fingernails softly against Baekhyun’s glorious thighs when he pulls down the thigh high socks Baekhyun wears during the colder months, he leaves a trail of kisses down to his toes. As Kris sits back to marvel at Baekhyun’s body, he notices the glimmer of the crystal in the moonlight and thinks to himself, this is all he could ever ask for. Even if Byun Baekhyun is a sly little thing. 

 


 

HUZZAH I HAVE EDITED IT.

Golly, if there are still some typos pls alert me of them.

Thank you for reading my lovelies!