1

It All Ends

The moment Hakyeon gets inside the coffee shop, he sees Taekwoon sitting in the corner, sipping his coffee. Hakyeon smiles at the sight of his boyfriend. He doesn’t have any idea why Taekwoon suddenly asked him out at this time of the day and it’s raining outside. 

He walks silently towards Taekwoon’s direction, covering his boyfriend’s eyes. “Guess who?”

Taekwoon sighs and frowns. Of course, he knows who it is, Hakyeon. He’s the only person who does this thing to him. Hakyeon kisses Taekwoon’s temple when he releases his hand from his boyfriend’s eyes. “How are you? How long have you been waiting for me?” He asks.

“I’m good.” Taekwoon says. “Have a seat. Do you want to order a drink?”

Hakyeon smiles, he sits on the empty chair beside Taekwoon. “No, I’m good, don’t worry about me. I just had coffee a while ago. I didn’t expect we’ll meet today.” He says. To be honest, he suddenly feels a gush of nervousness in his stomach. He feels uneasy. He doesn’t have any idea why Taekwoon wants to meet him at this time of the day. All he knows is that Taekwoon wants to discuss something important.

Taekwoon sips his coffee. When he settles down his mug, he looks at Hakyeon. “I’m not going to make this long, Hakyeon.” He says, as he sees Hakyeon nodding, signaling him to continue. “Let’s break up.” He says. “I don’t think I can continue this relationship with you.”

Hakyeon chuckles at Taekwoon’s statement. “Are you joking, Taekwoon? I don’t like this kind of joke, you know that.” Hakyeon thinks that there’s no way Taekwoon will break-up with him. They have been together for almost three years and tomorrow’s going to be their third anniversary. He thinks that maybe Taekwoon’s playing a prank on him by breaking up.

“I’m not joking, Hakyeon.” Taekwoon says with a stern voice. “I just… don’t love you anymore.”

Tears are starting to form in Hakyeon’s eyes. “Since when did you feel that way towards me?” His voice is shaking and he feels suffocated.

“Last month.”

“Why?” Hakyeon asks him, trying his best not to cry out loud inside the coffee shop. It hurts so much. “Do you like someone already?” 

“Do I have to repeat it again?” Taekwoon says. “I don’t love you anymore and yes, I like someone else already. Let’s end this. There’s no point of continuing this relationship anymore. I don’t want to hurt you any further.”

Hakyeon slaps Taekwoon hard, making a commotion inside the coffee shop.

“Is it Hongbin? Tell me Jung Taekwoon! Is it him?” Hakyeon screams; tears are streaming down in his eyes. 

Taekwoon glares at him. “Hakyeon, will you please sit down?”

Hakyeon doesn’t have the heart to continue listening to whatever Taekwoon might say. He stands up and gets out of the coffee shop. He loves Taekwoon more than anyone else.  He knows that he’ll always give his 100% to the other and never once has he doubted Taekwoon. His faith always remains the same because he knows that the guy loves him as much as he does.

It’s raining non-stop. Hakyeon wants to believe that this is not yet the end for the two of them.