the girl who stole his heart

she says winter, but dreams of summer
 
 
 
"Maybe we should just take a break." Suzy sighs, resting her head against the passenger door. 
 
Myungsoo glances at her and swallows the spit he didn't know he was holding in his throat. "A break? We could work this out, Suzy."
 
"By hiding and sneaking around? Like always?" She knew it was hard but she wasn't aware it'd be this hard, becoming distant (too distant) to the person she'd been in love with for the past year.
 
He swallows again. "I know you're angry. But once we get past all the distance and idol issues, I know we'll be happy again, just like we were when we first fell in love—when we met."
 
Suzy's solemn expression never leaves his sight, eyes glued to her, he continues. "I'll try anything, and you know that."
 
Guilt and regret is written across Suzy's face as she turns to look at him. "We're becoming distant." Myungsoo's hopeful expression falters, and Suzy goes on. "You know we are. And it'll get worse."
 
Myungsoo quickly looks away, his grip tightening on the steering wheel., eyes suddenly dark and cold as he stares out at the snow covering the street. He knows, he knows. (He wish he didn't.)
 
"I've never wanted anyone more than I've wanted you."
 
"Stop, please." His voice cracks because he realizes she's saying it in past tense.
 
Tears well up in her eyes, the moment the two of them transitioned from being friends to something more, much more, she told herself, if there were to be a day like this day, she'd hurry and get it over with.
 
But instead of saying we're done, it's over, we need to move on—she sits there, staring at him, lips red and cheeks flushed from the cold midnight air sneaking in through the air vents. Myungsoo refrains from looking back at her in an attempt to mask the pain.
 
Suzy calls out to him; her tone weak but heavy.
 
"Before I walk out of this car, kiss me. One last time."
 
He bites his lower lip, tasting the salt from his tears. Myungsoo glances at Bae Suzy: the girl who stole his heart that one winter, and the girl who gave it back to him.
 
Heartbeats rising, slowly, he leans in.
 
 
A year and a half later, Suzy decides winter will always be her favorite season.
 
Always.
 
 
 
 

tbh i just wanted some closure for my poor broken myungzy heart ya feel?? i don't think this was based on anything except the fact that their second (?), more intimate interaction was january 2012 (winter) and that suzy chose winter over summer and frankly imo i like to think that winter is her fav time of year bc that's when she fell for kim myungsoo and that's also when they "broke up" december 2012 (also winter) and she didn't choose summer bc in the summer that's when their relationship was full on cute and all smiles and just joy and hugs everywhere bUT you see suzy didn't want summer to be her fav season bc if it was she'd think about their *~happy~* times together (iy2 ep 26) and if she thought abt their happy times she'd be sad bc no more happy times ya feel?? :-----( i hope that wasn't confusing at all omg but nonetheless all i wanted for this drabble was to visualize their breakup for my own needs and feelings and i think i just broke my own heart as well haha~! 。◕‿◕。