final

Another Proposal

 

 

 

"Kibum Kibum!" Jonghyun's voice resonated through the living room of SHINee’s dorm. Kibum who was laying on his bed while reading a book, jolt up when Jonghyun opened the door "Kibum, I just checked the twitter.."

 

"And?" Kibum purposely stretched his words sarcastic, holding the urge to roll his eyes. He knew Jonghyun is a devoted netizen and he would check his twitter every so often.

 

"And apparently today is our day" Jonghyun informed in serious tone, sitting down on the edge of the bed, beside Kibum "look. They even trend this happy jongkey day thingy" as he handed his phone to the younger. Jonghyun and Kibum had matching phones, and it would confuse Kibum sometimes so he did the double checked on the phone on his hand. Jonghyun eyed him weirdly.

 

When he was sure that it was really Jonghyun’s phone, Kibum did as he told to, scrolling down Jonghyun's twitter page. There were lots and lots of fans with every language wishing them some happy anniversary. There was a bunch of pictures sent to Jonghyun’s twitter as well. their pictures. While on stage and off stage. Even some of it was taken candidly between their dates. Kibum wasn’t happy about the picture to be honest, it was some privacy violence according to him. but since nothing was harmed, he let it slide.

 

They got this kind of treatment from fans every single year ever since that day. The day when Jonghyun playfully proposed to Kibum. they were in Japan, in one of their fanmeeting. Kibum was saying something about the things between him and Jonghyun wasn’t a friendship, it was love. Then, jonghyun being a kim jonghyun he is popped the question “then marry me”. the fans went wild, and so did Kibum. and Kibum, like a diva he was replied the proposal with "in 10 years maybe". He was 19 that time and Jonghyun was 20.

 

Well, it was not really playfully. Jonghyun did plan to marry Kibum, but obviously not that time. Not when you still attached to this lace called "contract" and the fact that you were a 19 and a 20 year old boys wouldn’t do any better.

 

Jonghyun dropped his upper body on Kibum's bed hands on the back of his head.  His feet kicking playfully like a pendant, back and forward. Kibum followed the action. "They are so funny" Jonghyun stated and chuckled lowly not missing the smile on Kibum's face.

 

“who?” Kibum asked

 

“the fans”

 

“oh” Kibum said "They are" agreeing right away.

 

There was a silence followed between them. It wasn’t an awkward one, it was a comfortable one to be honest. As always.

 

Jonghyun prompted one elbow to the side as he look at Kibum "do you think we are that obvious?" Jonghyun asked

 

Kibum fixed Jonghyun's hair, another way to avoiding the look on Jonghyun's eyes "I guess so."

 

Kibum blowed his cheeks when Jonghyun pinch them playfully "but you're so tempting I can't help it"

 

"Am I?"

 

"Yes. The way you move your body, the way you speak, the way you pout, the way you said my name" Jonghyun explained while trailing his fingers down from Kibum's hair down to his cheekbones, his nose, his lips....

 

Kibum closed his eyes when his lips met Jonghyun's chapped one. He made a mental note to applying a chapstick or something to moisturize his dino boyfriend's chapped lips.

 

"See?" Jonghyun started once they parted "this is why you're so tempting. I could just look you into your eyes and the next thing we know, we kissed!"

 

"Well, to be you huh?" Kibum teased

 

"No not at all. I am lucky to have you"

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes"

 

It was Kibum who intended to do it first, but Jonghyun won on the execution. Really, it has always been that way. Kibum was an expert at making the plan and Jonghyun was on the front row at the war. It had nothing to do with the kiss, they didn’t really care about it either. They only cared about the kiss and how they lips melt perfectly against each other.

 

How Jonghyun could feel a smile Kibum had when his lips asked for an entrance. How Jonghyun would slowly leaned down to Kibum and deepening the kiss until they both breathless and had to be parted. Jonghyun leaned down once again to kiss Kibum’s temple lovingly.

 

Since it was their special day, Jonghyun suggested to go on a date. A proper date. Kibum agreed right away, they havent been on a proper date for a long time. That one they had on LA wasn’t a date at all. With Jinki and Taemin around them, how were they supposed to have some time alone strolling down on the road anyway?

 

What Kibum didn’t know is that Jonghyun had prepared the whole thing. He made a reservation at this fancy restaurant Kibum took him on their first "date"

("hyung I know this restaurant! They served the best steak in the whole world!" "Is this a date?" "Yes").

Jonghyun already planned about this for a long time, he just hadn’t found the right time to do it. so when their fans reminded him something about their “special day” he thought that is the right time.

 

Kibum wasn’t exactly surprised by the choice of restaurant Jonghyun made. Being all cautious he was, Kibum knew Jonghyun had something up in his sleeve. He personally didn’t want to ruin the whole thing so he stuck to Jonghyun’s plan, which ironically was “making sure Kibum doesn’t know about the plan”

 

So when Jonghyun had slide a chair for him, he sat on it and muttered a soft thank you. Which Jongyun replied with “anything for my princess”.

 

The waitress came to get their order. Kibum looked at the menu and Jonghyun and menu and back at Jonghyun again. Jonghyun noticed it, he closed his menu, smiling and said to Kibum “order all you want. Pick for me too” and Kibum’s face lit up. Jonghyun wanted to give himself a pat, “you did a right thing buddy”

 

While waiting for the food, they talked about their day when they weren’t together. Kibum with his musical practice, Jonghyun with his late night radio show and everything in between.

 

“when was the last time you took me on a date?” Kibum asked before sipping the wine from his glass.

 

Jonghyun hesitated for a second, thinking “2 months ago?  I don’t really remember” Jonghyun answered honestly.

 

Kibum’s eyes widened by surprise “that long?”

 

Jonghyun nodded “yeah. But we managed to survive”

 

“yes, we did” Kibum squeezed Jonghyun’s hand and smile lovingly to his boyfriend in front of him.

 

Jonghyun wondered if Kibum had a map with him, because he got lost in Kibum’s eyes. as cheesy as it sounds, it was what he really feel.

 

The food came while Kibum played with his utensils childishly. When the waitress took off, Kibum was already devouring the food. Jonghyun  could only watching, amused by how childish sometimes his boyfriend could be.

 

When Kibum realized he was being watched, his cheeks turned pink and he suddenly chocked on his food. Jonghyun hurriedly gave his water to Kibum. “slowly princess” Jonghyun said.

 

Jonghyun was a slow eater, he was a person who think that someone should taste the food whole heartedly instead of devouring it all at once. So when Kibum slowed down his pace, they had a nice talk between them.

 

Jonghyun thought it was the right time to bring the matters to the table.

 

“Kibum, do you know why today become our day?” Jonghyun asked.

 

Kibum was feigning think for quite a while. To be perfectly honest, he didn’t need to. he knew the detail in the back of his head. But it wouldn’t be fun to just fulfill his wish. “No”

 

“you don’t remember it huh?” Jonghyun was crestfallen and he couldn’t even hide it “so I proposed to you..”

 

Kibum cut him off saying “and I told you to wait 10 more years because I was young”

 

“I thought you don’t remember it!”

 

“of course I do silly”

 

Jonghyun stood up, “okay that’s it” and walked away.

 

“Jjong-“ Kibum called warily, afraid Jonghyun was mad or something.

 

But Jonghyun walked back to him and plant a kiss on his head, “wait a second” Jonghyun whispered.

 

Kibum fidgeted on his seat. He wasn’t supposed to feel anxious but his palms were sweating and his heart was racing and he couldn’t think anything beside Jonghyun jonghyun jonghyun! Kim freaking Jonghyun don’t you dare to pop up the question here and now!

 

He tried to think something else, oh look this is a nice flower. A really nice flower. Jonghyun loves to give me a flower and mentally cursed himself afterwards because obviously Jonghyun drove him crazy even with him not being around.

 

Jonghyun back with a huge smile plastered in his face. Kibum looked at him curiously, or more like cautiously.

 

“Kibum ah” Jonghyun called. “I- well that time when I asked you to marry me..”

 

Oh crap oh crap no no this isn’t happening Kibum chanted mentally

 

“I wasn’t doing it properly. And you didn’t really turn it down, right?” Jongyun said shyly.

 

He reached out for Kibum’s hand across the table, caressing it with his thumb “and so, I- you know what? Screw that” jonghyun snapped.

 

Kibum’s eyes go wider in confusion. He watched as Jonghyun stood up from his seat once again and walked toward him and get down on one knee. jonghyun told Kibum to shifted from his seat so he could face him properly.

 

Kibum’s jaw dropped, and he closed his mouth with his hand while shifting his seat so he could see Jonghyun properly.

 

Jonghyun cleared his throat, “I practiced this the whole time. I originally wanted to put this…” he grabbed his pocket and showed a shiny ring, Kibum knew that ring! That was the ring he was frolicking ask Jonghyun to buy for him.

 

“..on our desert but you know what? I can’t. I need to tell you all the things I wanted to tell you. First, I love you. You already know it but please make sure you will remember it. second, I love you. Once again, you already know it but please love me as much as I do. Third, I love you. You know it, the whole world probably knows it too but I swear, Kim Kibum, I love you. With all my heart and all my soul and all my whole life, I love you. I am thankful for every single twists and turns that we took in our life because those things lead me to us, here and now. And Kim Kibum, I love you. I am not just saying this so I could get into your pants or kiss you, I am really, catastrophically, irretrievably in love with you, Kim Kibum”

 

Jonghyun panted once he finished, he was sweating and smiling at Kibum. Kibum on the other hand, wasn’t doing better either. He was still shocked and surprise by the sudden confession.

 

“Jjong I-“ Kibum started but Jonghyun put his forefinger on Kibum’s lips. Shushed him down.

 

“I’m not finished” Jonghyun exhaled and inhaled, “so, Kim Kibum. you know that I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life- maybe even longer than that, with you. Not only you, I want to have children and all but yes I want you, who am I kidding, I only want you! So, Kim Kibum, would you willingly and lovingly marry me?”

 

Kibum gasped once more. He had been right the whole time. kibum knew all the surprise and all would lead them to this, to this right moment where Jonghyun went down on one knee right before him with a ring between his fingers.

 

It was beautiful, really. the most beautiful thing Kibum ever experienced in his life so far.

 

Because he knew, he would have a lot with Jonghyun.

 

“Yes..”

 



 

exactly 2000 words!!! I havent proof read it so i hope you bear with it. 

anywaaayyyy to my ultimate otp, happy jongkey day!!!! thank you for bringing joy to my life, making me soooo envy with you being all lovey dovey. and even more, thank you for inspiring me to write. I love you guys so much!!!

 

oh and if you are confused about this whole jongkey day, I already explained it on the story but here's the video to make everything even clearer, http://youtu.be/Zc7y0fWrCjo

 

have a nice jongkey day you freaky little freaks!!!