Finale.

Beautiful Memory

We used to dance around the living room on Saturdays. He would twirl me around, and we would just dance for hours. It was as if we were the characters from Cinderella. We shared a small apartment in our high school years. It was tiny and a bit dingy, but to us, it was perfect. I reminisced the day I confessed to him. I really thought that he didn't have the same feelings, but I needed to say it. I pulled him away from his group of friends, and I asked him to talk to me somewhere quiet. Somehow knowing that he knew, I started off confident.

What I said was that,"I know you won't feel the same, but I just need to get this off my chest. I have feelings for you, and to be honest, I really really like you. I'm sorry, you can forget this after today, but I just needed to tell you this before I erupted. So, bye, I guess."

I refused to let the hope that he would feel the same remain in my mind, but what he said next, made me fall completely in love with him.


"How do you know that I don't feel that way? Are you a psychic? If you are, or even if you aren't, I'd like to ask you out."

The thought made me smile occasionally. What I loved about him was that he was always able to make me laugh. I remember when we used to eat around the small wooden table by the window, in the kitchen. He used to try to cook for me, just to end up making noodles. Before we actually ate, he would take a noodle, put one end between his lips, and hold up the other end to mine. Of course, I obliged. That was how he got his daily kisses. He would do something like that, or most of the time, he would just grab me and place a kiss on my lips. Literally, we could be at an assembly, and he would just kiss me. The most absurd one was when we graduated. We were both giving the speeches, and at the end, we basically made out in front of the whole crowd, including the teacher staff.

"And now I will give a kiss to the girl I fell in love with in high school."

Surprisingly, everyone took it well. My face was as red as a tomato afterwards. It could even make me feel all jumpy, now. Taehyung was always full of surprises, and I loved the surprises. After high school, he moved on to proceed with his musical career. He did everything in his power to get into the music industry. I supported him of course, and in the end, he managed to make a stellar debut in a group called BTS. He introduced me to his fellow members, and we became friends. His group was rising in popularity, and soon, they were the hottest rookie group in 2013. I was extremely proud of him, but I was reduced to seeing him just once a month. Every time he could, he visited. I always felt a little bad because he visited me, not his parents.

"Don't worry. They understand."

He used to always say that I was better than every fangirl out there. I used to always say that he had his biggest fan right here, me! He would then give me a kiss on my forehead. Our short days spent together were most cherished by me. One day, I got into a car accident, and Taehyung ran from his schedule to the hospital. I was extremely angry because he risked everything by running down there. I was fine. The bus I was in, just collided with another car. Luckily, it was only me and a few other people on the bus. No one was severely injured, but they were still injured. Taehyung fussed over my fractured arm. It was really late, and visiting hours were over, but he didn't care. He came in anyway. Thank goodness most of the patients on my floor were already asleep. Hopefully, no one saw him. That was the day Taehyung realized that he could lose me at anytime. He wasted no time in telling me that he loved me, and that was when he finally decide to pop the question after 5 years.

"I love you too much, and it would break my heart to see anything happen to you before I could ask you this, so I'm asking you now. Will you marry me?"

Of course, I agreed. It was the best day of my life, despite the accident I was in earlier. Unfortunately, his management wouldn't allow it. They said that either Taehyung could continue with his career, or he could marry me and lose his job. I couldn't let that happen, so I told him that we could wait. I wasn't going anywhere. We continued like that for a while. He and the other guys were literally the best rookie group. I was extremely proud of them when they won the rookie award. Taehyung came to see me right after he was done with the ceremony. He was so happy, and that night was actually the first night we made love. When I woke up the next day, he had made me breakfast. I couldn't stand up because of our previous actions, and he had carried me around the whole day. It was his day off, and he treated me like a princess. Although I would have loved to, we couldn't go out much due to his popularity. However, the time we spent in my small apartment were the best. The only thing that saddended me was the day afterwards, when I would wake up, and he'd be gone. He used to always leave a post-it on the microwave with something cheesy written on it.

"You are really beautiful, and I'm so lucky to have you. I'll be back soon, so don't be sad, okay?"

Those notes were the only things that kept me going. I'm not sure if our relationship would've lasted if it wasn't for those notes. Luckily, I had a time consuming job of my own. I was thankful for that job because it kept me so busy most of the time that I barely had time to depress myself about Taehyung being gone most of the time. He had good reason to be, and I tried really hard to never hold it against him. Neveretheless, I did bring it up in some of the occasional arguments we had. Yet, he was pursuing his dream, and I couldn't stop him from doing that. It would have been out of place for me to do so. Luckily, I had a time consuming job of my own. If I didn't, I would probably dwell on the fact that Taehyung and I barely saw or spoke to each other. I had always loved photography. Eventually, I managed to become a photographer. I had taught Taehyung a few of the basics of photo-taking. He would take the camera I bought for him, and he would take pictures of me everyday he could. I could be doing anything. I could be eating, cooking, or cleaning, and he would just take as many pictures as he could. One day, I asked him why.

"Because you always look beautiful doing anything, and everything."

I worked with many famous models, and it kept me busy most of the time. Taehyung would get jealous because I worked with many of those male models. I loved teasing him about it, but at the end, I would remind him that even though I am surrounded with gorgeous models everyday, I choose to be in love with him. He would whine afterwards. Soon, I became one of the best photographers in Korea. People would marvel at how young I was. I even got to work with Maybelline. It was an amazing experience. My job was extremely important to me, and sometimes in rare cases, I would have to leave Taehyung for my career. I worked with many idols, and I kept on waiting for the day BTS would get a photoshoot with me. Wishes are meant to come true. I was ecstatic when I got a phone call, telling me that there was a rookie group that needed a photographer for their new album photo shoot. Coincidentally, it was BTS. I was so excited that I couldn't hold it in. The only people who new that Taehyung and I were engaged was his manager, his dance instructor, his CEO, and the rest of s. Taehyung was equally happy that we were going to be working together. It was an interesting day. He kept trying to steal kisses, but the staff were always surrounding us. That day, I actually became quite close with Jimin. Taehyung became jealous quickly. During Jimin's single shoot, Taehyung hung by closely. During the shoot, Jimin's eye makeup had gotten a bit smudged, and instead of delaying the shoot for a little error, I fixed it on my own. Apparently, I was too close to Jimin whilst fixing his makeup, and Taehuyng being the jealous guy he is, he immediately yanked me back. Everyone was staring, and I sent him a glare, wondering what his explanation would be.

"You're a photographer. You shouldn't have to do this. I'll do it on my own."

As he passed by me, I remember his lips brushing against my cheek, before he proceeded to fix Jimin's makeup. I laughed at the scene before me. Those fans that loved guy and guy interactions would have loved what I was seeing. It was so, intimate, I would say. Throughout the whole shoot, it was extremely cold. Taehyung would be quivering, but he would continue, like the other members. I thought it was amazing, the dedication. They were really amazing. After the photoshoot, Taehyung pulled me into another room. He pretended to get posing tips. As soon as we were alone, his lips crashed onto mine. It was an extremely inappropriate scene, but I loved it. We didn't do anything really dirty, just kissing. If I didn't stop him, something bad would've happened. When we came out of that room, we encountered Hoseok. Our lips were swollen, and he immediately knew what we were doing in there. He walked away, as embarrassed as I was. Taehyung and I laughed afterwards. I clearly recall what he told me.

"You don't know how hard it is to restrain myself from kissing you every second of every minute of every day."

He was preoccupied with promoting his new album afterwards. I saw him even less than I normally did, then. My feelings for Taehuyng never wavered, but I was worried about Taehyung. I wasn't anything special, and I could get quite self conscious. The biggest fight we had, regarded that issue. It was five years after his debut. There were rumors about him and an actress dating. He reassured me it was all a lie, and I believed him. Until I saw photos of him, with another woman, being more than friendly with each other. I called him, angry about the issue. I was acting rationally until he told me that I was overreacting. I told him to explain the pictures to me, and he couldn't answer me. I hung up on him, so incredibly hurt. I felt like a complete idiot, believing that it would work, that he would only pay attention to me. We didn't talk to each other for a month, and what hurt me most was that once, his manager called me, asking if Taehyung was with me because he had left with a woman. I completely broke down after that. I knew I was jumping to conslusions, but it was just too much. I convinced myself that night that Taehyung cheated on me, and that Taehyung didn't love me anymore. Another month passed by, and there was no interaction between us. I had called a few times, even. They went straight to voicemail. Finally exploding, I sent him a text. It went along the lines of something saying that I needed to know if we were still a thing. I spilled all my thoughts into that text, and I mentioned what his manager had told me that night. I didn't expect to get a reply, but I did.

"You know what? If you can't trust me then how can I trust you? Do you really think I'm like that? If we can't trust each other, then why are we even together? I guess we weren't ever a thing."

That tore me apart. I couldn't believe it. He was the one being distant, and I was the one trying. How could he do this to me? I cried endlessly that night, and I remember sending him an apology before I fell asleep. I don't know why I felt sorry, but I just thought it was appropriate. I felt betrayed. I know I had asked for it, but I was hoping that he would reassure me that we were fine, as a couple. Yet once again, I was wrong. The next morning, I was awoken by rapid knocking on my door. I was irritated when I opened the door, and it was even more infuriating when Taehyung was on my doorstep. He had a bouquet of sunflowers with him, my favorite. It symbolized our love. I wasn't going to give in as easily, but I do admit that the sunflowers did catch me off guard. He wanted to come in, but I refused.

"I'm sorry about that text. I was just frustrated and angry at the moment. I didn't need you complaining about a misunderstanding."

I recall slamming the door in his face, then dropping down by the door. I knew he was on the other side, waiting. Three hours went by, and he was still out there. My phone was finally ringing with his calls and texts, but I was the one not answering. After another hour or so, I fell asleep. On that particular day, it was pouring outside. The pitter patter of the rain made the day seem even more melancholy than it should've been. When I woke up, it was raining harder than ever. I peeked outside to see if he was still there. He was sprawled out onto the ground, soaked. It had been ten hours, I thought he would have gone home. Such an idiot. I scolded him for his stupid actions, and I couldn't ignore the fact that I was worried. I managed to somehow drag him into my apartment, and wrapped a blanket around him. He was freezing cold, and this made it more difficult for me to be angry at him. Giving him a warm cup of tea, I went to my bedroom to give him some spare clothes. He had a stash of clothes at my place because he used to crash here for days. I went back to the living room, and he was gone. The door was open. He was outside. He was looking for the bouquet. I told him he didn't need it, and he needed to come inside. He was going to catch a cold. As an idol, that couldn't happen. When he came back inside, there was a single sunflower in his hand. He was smiling. I had forced him to take a hot shower afterwards. He did as he was told, and I waited in my bedroom, with the door locked. I was hoping that he wouldn't disturb me. Unfortunately, he did. The doorknob jiggled, and the lock clicked. I was curious as to how he got inside. The light in the hallway filled my room. He knew I wasn't asleep, but he didn't approach me.

"I can explain."

I was angry because he neglected me, but I knew that I would forgive him with just a few words. It angered me that I could forgive him so easily, but I couldn't help it when he apologizes and embraces me. It makes my heart hurt when I realize that he cares for me that much. Yet, I am a very stubborn person. He continued, trying to get me to love him again.

"A few months ago, CEO said that someone had obtained pictures of me and you, on a date. I know what happens when fans find out about you. I can't put you in that kind of danger. I couldn't, so we made a plan. The only ones that knew were me and Jeong Wook Hyung.  He would make an anonymous tip about me going on a date with a woman at the moment. We staged everything. The woman you saw, she was my stylist. It was all a lie, and my manager called you because he didn't know. I couldn't return any of your calls or texts because it was being traced, and I knew it. I couldn't let them be traced to you. However, I had to answer that text. I was just so frustrated. I mean, I was trying to protect you. Although you need to think that I'm cheating on you in order for me to protect you, and I got angry because I couldn't announce my relationship with you. It was all just building up, and I just had an outburst. I am so sorry for saying that to you... You know I love you.. I'll never stop."

My heart melted at his words, and I couldn't help but smile a little. He knew that he was now in the clear, and he came into our room. He knelt down in front of me. I tried to cover my face by pulling the covers over my face. He chuckled and easily pulled them down. I covered my face with my hands, embarrassed. He tapped his finger onto my forehead, and the annoyance caused me to remove my hands. Seizing the moment, he swiftly moved in to attach his sinful lips onto mine. No matter how many times he has kissed me, it never failed to make a flurry of butterflies churn in my stomach. This caused me to abruptly sit upright, but he didn't part our lips. In fact, it got even more passionate. He would cup my face and dominate by fighting his tongue past mine. His tongue explored my wet cavern, and these were the types of kisses that I loved. It was very difficult for him to stop once he started, but tonight, he controlled himself. Prying his lips off of mine, reluctantly, he grabbed the single sunflower that he had placed on the table, and he knelt down again.

"I take it that was your forgiving me. I almost couldn't stop myself, but beautiful, I want you to marry me. Tonight."

He reached into the sunflower, and I was blown away when he pulled out a steel ring. I never liked diamonds. My hands covered my mouth in surprise. I, of course, protested against his wild suggestion to get married today, but he insisted. In the end, he wore a white collar shirt with a tie, black jeans, and beat up sneakers while I wore a white maxi dress with black sneakers. I thought he looked incredibly handsome, and he thought I looked absolutely beautiful. We were a mess, but it didn't matter. I remember running out into the pouring rain, trying not to get our hair wet. We ran to the church, knocking on the wooden door. We somehow managed to get a priest to marry us that night. It was the best moment of my life. He had placed the ring on my finger, and he kissed me as soon as he did. I burst out laughing afterwards. We were soaked, but we both agreed that we looked splendid. It was a happy moment. A good, everlasting one. He carried me home, and as tradition says, we made love that night. The morning after, we went out into the public to the courthouse to sign our marital papers. When we were officially a wedded couple, Taehyung ran outside and proclaimed me as his wife.

"A.R.M.Y! THIS IS MY WIFE AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT BECAUSE I LOVE HER."

I told him that he could have been at least a bit more sensitive. However, he just answered by placing a kiss on my forehead. It was just bliss from there on. He didn't have to hide anymore, and fortunately, no one tried to hurt me. It was all I could ask for.

"Beautiful, you mean everything to me, and I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for you. You believed in me when everyone else didn't. You were there for me every step of the way, and I love you so much. I might not deserve a girl like you, but I'm the one you love. So I guess I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have you as my wife."

It was the sweetest thing he could've said, and he didn't fail to make me fall in love with him more and more every single day. Unfortunately, tragedy struck. I got a call from Jimin one day to go to the hospital because Taehyung had gotten into a horrible accident. When I got there, I held his hand. He was hooked up to wires in a white room, and I despised the sight of it. I remember his last words to me.

"I'm going to be fine. No matter what, we are going to be fine. You are going to be fine. I promise you. But beautiful, I'm scared, so don't leave me okay?"

Tears rolled endlessly down my face as I assured him that I wouldn't. Giving him one last kiss, I pried myself off of him as they moved his bed to the operating room. It was the longest wait of my life, and when I finally got an answer, I wished the wait was longer. I had thought the doctor's words to me were all a lie. Anger and hatred surged through me as his words replayed themselves in my head.

"We did everything we could. He didn't make it."

I hovered over his frail body as they strolled him out of the room. My salty tears dropped onto his chest, and I urged him to wake up. He didn't. That was the day that I lost it. My whole world turned upside down, and I now knew what it felt like to lose a loved one. Taehyung meant everything to me. He was everything to me. Even though the denial got the best of me, I somehow learned to cope with it years later. I believed that I would see Taehyung again, and I continued to live for him. It was going to be a long wait, but I was prepared.

"We'll be together again."


The cold breeze blows my hair to the left, and it makes the leaves rustle. There's a bouquet of sunflowers in my hand. I brush away the dirt that has collected, and I smile at the sight of his tombstone.

"Beloved son and husband."

I replace the dead flowers with my fresh ones, and I can't help but let a tear fall. I know he's mad at me for crying, but I can't help it.

"Taehyung, I miss you."

I lean against his tombstone, and I raise my left hand to the sun. A smile lit up my face as my ring glistens in the remaining sunlight of the day.

"Today's our anniversary, sister-in-law."

I acknowledge the six boys' presence, and I hum a response. Yes, today is the day. He was with BTS for 8 years today, and we were in love for 11 years. I still love him, and he still loves me. I can't remove my smile as the breeze continues to whirl around us. I was happy to be labeled as Taehyung's wife. I was happy that he was my husband. I was content with how we were. It made me feel, satisfied. Our love is eternal, but we liked to refer our love as immortal. It makes me laugh. To me, Taehyung is always going to be my beautiful memory.

 


A/N: I FINALLY POSTED IT. TBVH, I think its actually pretty good, lol.. I think it may have some grammatical errors because I write these stories on my IPod, hhaahh. However, I hope you enjoyed this story because I really love the way it turned out :3 This was like the fifth time I tried to post this story because AFF kept crashing whenever I attempted to post it.. Anyways! I am sorry for any mistakes, and remember that I am always open to requests :) byeeee.