Pepero Oreo

Pepero Oreo

"Yifan!"

Yifan lifts his face from his drawing to the door of the classroom and see Joonmyeon is running toward him with Baekhyun ge following behind. He smiles when Joonmyeon pulled a chair and sit beside him. "Hi, Joonmyeon!"

"Hi, Yifan!" Joonmyeon smiles widely as he puts down his backpack on the floor. He looks at the desk and see white, purple, red and yellow papers on it. The papers have drawing on them. "What are you doing?" He looks at Yifan.

"I was drawing." Yifan picks up the yellow paper. "See." He points at the paper. "This is a tiger." He picks up the purple paper and show it to Joonmyeon. "And this is a car."

Joonmyeon nods. He is amaze at Yifan's drawing. Yifan's tiger looks scary and the car is just like Baekhyun hyung's car. "Your drawings are so good." He pouts. "I cannot draw like you. When I draw tiger, Sehun hyung said it was a cat."

"It is okay." Yifan smiles and give the tiger drawing to Joonmyeon. "I can draw for you. You just say and I will draw!"

Joonmyeon beams. "Really?"

Yifan nods. "I want to be a drawman when I grow up!"

"Artist."

Joonmyeon looks up and see Baekhyun hyung is looking down at him and Yifan. "Hyung!"

"What?"

"Yifan want to be a drawman when he grow up!" Joonmyeon holds up the yellow paper, showing the drawing to Baekhyun hyung. "Yifan's tiger is so scary!"

Yifan smiles when he saw Baekhyun ge is smiling while looking at his tiger. "I will draw many things and become a best drawman!"

"It is not drawman, it's artist."

Yifan furrows. "Artist?"

"Artist."

Joonmyeon stares at Baekhyun hyung. "What is 'artist'?" He never heard of that word before.

"Artist is a person who likes to draw, like Yifan. Yifan will draw many things and become a great artist, not drawman."

Yifan nods and look at Joonmyeon. "I will become a great artist and draw many things for you!" He lifts his pencil high up.

Joonmyeon smiles, looking up at Yifan's hand. "Okay!"

"You guys stay here, okay? Joonmyeon's brother is going to be late today so Yifan, take care of Joonmyeon, okay? I'm going to clean up."

Yifan nods eagerly. "I will! I am strong!" He looks at Joonmyeon. "You can trust me!"

Joonmyeon nods. He watches as Baekhyun hyung goes out of the classroom and turn to Yifan when the door closed. Yifan is drawing something on the red paper. "What are you drawing now?"

"A dragon!"

Joonmyeon jerks his neck, trying to look at Yifan's drawing. "I can't see."

Yifan sees Joonmyeon's pout and put his hand behind Joonmyeon's chair. "Come closer."

Joonmyeon stands for a moment while Yifan pulling his chair toward his side. He sits back down and hold his chair, scooting closer until there is no gap between his chair and Yifan's chair. He smiles as he now can see clearly the drawing on the red paper. "The dragon is so big!"

Yifan nods. He moves the red paper to the middle, between him and Joonmyeon. "See. This... is... the... wing... s..." He lifts his pencil after drawing the wings. "It can fly around the world!"

"I wish I can fly too." Joonmyeon stares at Yifan's dragon. "Why don't we have wings?" He looks at Yifan.

Yifan tilts his head, staring straight at Joonmyeon. He shrugs. "I don't know." He turns back to the desk and draw a tail on the dragon. "Finish!" He lifts the red paper up in the air, admiring his work. He looks at Joonmyeon. "Do you like it?"

Joonmyeon nods. "You will be the best artist in the world!" He stares at the red paper then at Yifan. "Yifan."

"Hm?"

"Can you draw something for me?"

Yifan nods, hands putting down the dragon drawing on the desk. "What do you want me to draw?"

Joonmyeon pouts, eyes looking at the ceiling of the classroom as he is thinking what he want Yifan to draw. He looks back at Yifan and shrug. "I don't know. Anything!"

Yifan stares at Joonmyeon before nodding. "Okay! You wait, okay?" He grabs the white paper and start drawing on it.

Joonmyeon waits with his back straight against the chair, trying not to peek at what Yifan is drawing for him. "Is it done?"

"Almost." Yifan finishes his drawing with wings before straighten himself. "Done! Here!" He hands the white paper to Joonmyeon.

Joonmyeon takes the paper and smile. "An angel! It is so pretty!" He smiles widely at Yifan. "Thank you!"

"It's you."

Joonmyeon blinks as he looks at Yifan. "Me?"

Yifan nods. "The angel is you! I draw you! You are pretty too!"

Joonmyeon giggles. "Thank you." He glances at the dragon drawing on the desk. "Then you are like the dragon!" He picks up the red paper. "Dragon is strong and you are strong too!"

Yifan takes his dragon drawing and stare at it. "You think so?" He looks at Joonmyeon.

Joonmyeon nods.

Yifan smiles and stand up, raising the red paper high in the air. "I am a dragon!" He swings the paper back and forth. "I can fly!"

Joonmyeon smiles at Yifan's action and look down at the angel drawing in his hands. He sees wings behind the angel. "Yifan! The angel has wings too!"

Yifan stops swinging and nod. "Tao ge said all angels have wings." His eyes widen in realization and look at Joonmyeon. "Oh! Then you can fly too! We can fly together!" He pulls Joonmyeon to stand up. "Let's go fly!"

Joonmyeon nods, raising the white paper above his head and following Yifan that is running around the classroom. "Yifan!"

"Hm?" Yifan glances behind him.

"Where are we going flying?"

Yifan stops running, hand drops down and it made Joonmyeon bumps into him. He turns around and look at Joonmyeon that is rubbing his nose.

"Yifan?" Joonmyeon furrows, tilting his head as Yifan keeps staring at him.

Yifan smiles, raising his dragon drawing again. "Around the world!" He grabs Joonmyeon's free hand and start running again.

Joonmyeon follows, with one hand in the air, running behind Yifan.

"Look! That is I Apple tower!" Yifan points at the stacked blocks with triangle one on the top.

Joonmyeon nods and point at the two giant decorative pencils. "That is JKLM two tower!"

Yifan smiles as he pulls Joonmyeon to the other side of the classroom. "And that is the long wall in China!"

Joonmyeon follows Yifan's finger and see the line of cupboards. He lifts his chin and see stars and moon stickers above the cupboards. He tugs Yifan's hand and point at the stars. "And that is the galaxy."

Yifan smiles. He and his classmates made that. He pulls Joonmyeon closer to the cupboards. "Do you like it?" He looks at Joonmyeon.

Joonmyeon nods. "I like stars. Me and Sehun hyung always stare at the sky at night looking at the stars. They are so pretty!"

Yifan pouts. "Tao ge doesn't let me. He said galaxy as many monsters and they are going to eat you if you don't sleep early."

Joonmyeon's widen, turning to look at Yifan. "Really?" He tighten the grip on Yifan's hand. "I... sleep late yesterday."

Yifan shakes his head, pulling Joonmyeon closer to him. "You don't worry. I am a strong dragon! I will protect you!"

"I have come to eat you!"

Joonmyeon's eyes widen and he screams. "No! Yifan!" He hugs Yifan's arm, hiding behind Yifan's back.

"You cannot eat Joonmyeon!" Yifan turns to the front door with his eyes closed. He balls his fingers into a fist, lifting it up high. "I will fight you, monster!"

"Whoa! Put the tiny fist down, Yifan."

Yifan opens his eyes and see Baekhyun ge is standing at the door. He looks around the classroom, trying to find the monster but he didn't see it. He stares at Baekhyun ge. "Where is the monster, ge?"

"Monster? Ah! Don't worry. I already shoo it away."

Yifan huffs and glance over his shoulder where Joonmyeon is still burying his face on his back. "Joonmyeon, it is okay now. Baekhyun ge protect you and defeat the monster!"

Joonmyeon lifts his head, eyes meeting with Yifan. "Really?"

Yifan nods.

Joonmyeon peeks over Yifan's shoulder and see Baekhyun hyung is smiling at him. He stands beside Yifan when Baekhyun hyung stood in front of him and Yifan. "Thank you, hyung."

"You are welcome, small tiny creature."

Yifan furrows when Baekhyun ge squatted, staring at Joonmyeon. "What are you doing, ge?"

"I just want to ask Joonmyeon, why did he sleep late last night. Jongdae hyung told me that Joonmyeon kept yawing during class."

Joonmyeon looks down at his feet, hand gripping tightly Yifan's hand.

"Joonmyeon?"

"Sehun hyung. He told me to watch movie at night."

Yifan watches as Baekhyun ge stands up and pat Joonmyeon's head.

"That brother of yours. I will scold him later."

Joonmyeon smiles.

"Okay. I still have work to do. I just came to check on you guys. Oh, Yifan."

Yifan stares at Baekhyun ge. "Yes?"

"Your brother will arrive in a while. Pack your bag, okay."

Yifan nods and watch Baekhyun ge walking out of the classroom. He smiles at Joonmyeon. "Are you okay now? Not afraid anymore?"

Joonmyeon nods. "I am okay." He smiles widely. "You and Baekhyun hyung protect me! Thank you, Yifan!"

Yifan raises his hand. "I am strong! I will protect you next time too!" He pulls Joonmyeon's hand and start walking toward the desk. "Let's go draw!"

Joonmyeon follows and take a seat beside Yifan. He shakes when Yifan gave him papers to draw. "My drawing is not pretty. I want to watch you draw."

Yifan smiles, nodding. He takes a blue paper and start drawing circles on them. He slides the paper toward Joonmyeon after the drawing is done.

"Oh! Flowers! There are so many!" Joonmyeon stares at the blue paper that is filled with round flowers.

"For you!"

Joonmyeon's eyes widen. "Really? But, they are so pretty." He stares at Yifan. "I can have this?"

Yifan nods.

"Thank you!" Joonmyeon takes his backpack and open it, putting in the drawing Yifan gave him and see his lunchbox inside it. "Ah! I forgot!"

Yifan watches as Joonmyeon taking out his lunchbox and put it on the desk, right between he and Joonmyeon. He waits until Joonmyeon opens it and his eyes widen. "Oreo!"

Joonmyeon giggles. He takes out one Oreo and hand it to Yifan. "Sehun hyung packed it for me because he said he is going to be late today. I forgot."

Yifan stares down at the Oreo in his hand before looking at Joonmyeon and smile. "Thank you!"

Joonmyeon nods as he watches Yifan eat the Oreo he brought. He takes one too and start munching on it.

Yifan giggles, smiling widely as he takes another Oreo and put it in his mouth. "I love Oreo!"

"Me too!" Joonmyeon hold up high the Oreo that he just took from his lunchbox before taking a bite.

Yifan sways side to side, feeling happy that he is eating his favorite cookie with Joonmyeon and was reaching for another one when he saw something on Joonmyeon's right cheek. "Joonmyeon."

"Hm?" Joonmyeon looks at Yifan.

"You have Oreo there." Yifan points at Joonmyeon's face.

"Where?" Joonmyeon looks around him. "Where?"

"Here." Yifan leans closer.

Joonmyeon closes his right eye as Yifan his right cheek. He opens it and look at Yifan. "Did you get it?"

Yifan nods. "Delicious!"

Joonmyeon giggles. "Thank you." He gives Yifan another Oreo and watch Yifan opens the cookie and the white cream. "Oh!"

Yifan looks at Joonmyeon with mouth chewing the cookie he just separated.

"You me. Are you going to eat me too?" Joonmyeon smiles widely.

Yifan blinks, tilting his head before looking down at his hand that has the rest of the Oreo. He smiles and lean closer to Joonmyeon, his left cheek.

"It tickles!" Joonmyeon giggles.

Yifan his lips as he pulls away and smile at Joonmyeon. "You are delicious too but I cannot eat you! You are my friend!"

Joonmyeon smiles and nod. He looks over at his lunchbox and see there is only one Oreo left. He takes the Oreo and give to Yifan. "Here!"

Yifan swallows the Oreo inside his mouth and look at the Oreo on Joonmyeon's hand. He smiles as he takes the cookie off Joonmyeon's hand. "Thank you!"

Joonmyeon giggles and put the lid on his lunchbox.

Yifan watches Joonmyeon puts the lunchbox in his backpack. He furrows. "Are the Oreo all finish?"

Joonmyeon nods. He zips his backpack and sit straight, smiling at Yifan.

Yifan stares at Joonmyeon before looking at the only Oreo in his hand. He looks at Joonmyeon again. "Here!" He stretches his hand, giving the Oreo to Joonmyeon.

Joonmyeon shakes. "You eat it." He smiles. "You protect me from the monster so should eat it." He rubs his tummy. "I already full too."

Yifan stares at Joonmyeon that is smiling widely at him, then look down at the Oreo in his hand. He shakes his head. "Let share it!" He brings his hand to Joonmyeon's mouth. "Ah..."

Joonmyeon follows and open his mouth, letting Yifan feed him the Oreo and bite it in the middle, holding the cookie between his teeth.

Yifan smiles and lean forward, biting the rest of the Oreo off Joonmyeon's mouth. He pulls away and smile, mouth chewing the Oreo and see Joonmyeon is doing the same too. "Delicious!"

Joonmyeon nods.

"What are you doing?"

Yifam turns to the classroom door and see his brother standing near it. "Tao ge!" He sees Baekhyun ge beside his brother.

Joonmyeon swallows his Oreo and watch Baekhyun hyung and a stranger walk toward him and Yifan.

"Yifan! What were you doing to Joonmyeon?"

Yifan tilts his head, looking at Baekhyun ge. Baekhyun ge has his eyes wide while looking at him. "I share Oreo with Joonmyeon." He looks at Joonmyeon. "Right?"

Joonmyeon nods. "The Oreo Sehun hyung packed for me left only one so I give to Yifan but Yifan said we can share so we share."

"By biting it off from Joonmyeon's mouth?"

Yifan nods. "Tao ge do that with me all the time." He looks at his brother. "When I eat sausage or cookie or mango, Tao ge will take a bite. I share with Tao ge like that!"

"Tao! What are you teaching your little brother?!"

"We are brothers! How would I know he would do that to someone else!"

Joonmyeon blinks. Baekhyun hyung look angry. He tugs Baekhyun hyung's hand. "I cannot share food with Yifan anymore?" He sees Baekhyun hyung shakes his head, caressing his hair.

"No, it's not like that. It's... hm... ah, how should I say this..."

"You can only share food like that with the people you like!"

Yifan looks at his brother. "I like Joonmyeon!" He turns to Joonmyeon. "Do you like me too?"

Joonmyeon nods. "I like Yifan too! Yifan is strong like a dragon and will be a great artist when he grow up!"

Yifan smiles. "And I will draw many pictures for Joonmyeon!"

Joonmyeon giggles.

"Ha... I... don't know what to say anymore."

"Let them be. They are still kids. Explaning the actual reason of doing that to them is useless. Yifan, are you ready to go?"

Joonmyeon looks at Yifan. "Are you going home now?"

Yifan nods. "Tao ge come to take me home. When will your brother come?"

Joonmyeon shrugs. He looks at Baekhyun hyung. "Hyung, when will Sehun hyung come?"

"I'm not sure but I will stay with you until he comes, okay?"

Joonmyeon nods. He watches Yifan puts on his backpack and grab the stranger's hand. "Bye, Yifan." He waves.

"Bye." Yifan waves back. "Next time, when your brother is late again, I will share my Pepero with you!"

"Okay!" Joonmyeon waves as he watches Yifan and the stranger walk out from the classroom. He looks at Baekhyun hyung and see Baekhyun hyung is shaking his head. "What is wrong, hyung?" Baekhyun hyung looks at him.

"I should ban snacks forever."