Final

Dearly Beloved

 


 

The Past;
The Childhood Memory

 

Jimin looks at the lost little boy with that cute frown on his lips that was standing by the swings looking around the playground trying to find someone. Jimin snickered quietly looking at his lonely friend. He knew he shouldn’t be leaving him alone for long or else he’ll break into tears.

He decided to walk sneakily behind, trying to scare the younger. He slowly walks closer and closer with his hand out, ready to fright him.

When he’s behind the frowning boy, he holds onto his friend—Taehyung’s shoulder and shouts,

 

“Boo!”

 

Taehyung body jolted and quickly turns around with the utmost adorable surprised expression ever.

 

“Hyung!” Taehyung chirped as he wraps his arm around Jimin’s body and rested his head on his shoulder.

“I thought you left me.” Taehyung pouts.

 

Jimin smiled widely looking at that pouty lips and ruffles Taehyung’s hair in mess,

“I won’t do that.”

 

Taehyung looks up and grinned at him,

 

“Where were you, hyung?” Taehyung asked.

“I was hiding.” Jimin replied.

“Why?” Taehyung frowned.

“I want to see your reaction.” Jimin laughs.

“That is mean.” Taehyung pouts, releasing the hug and cross his arm around on his chest.

“I’m sorry. Hyung is very sorry.” Jimin apologizes and patted Taehyung’s head lightly.

 

“It’s okay. At least you don’t leave me.” Taehyung said, hugging him again.

Jimin smiled, wrapping his arm around him caressing his back.

“I won’t.”

 

 


 

The Present;
The Distant

 

Jimin smiled to himself remembering the memory of him with his cute friend, Taehyung. He misses him. He honestly misses being around him. He doesn’t know what happen between them because they were separated when they get older. It was Taehyung who unexpectedly become distant towards him.

Jimin was confused but instead of asking him what was wrong, he was doing the same as well because he thought that Taehyung actually doesn’t want to be around with him anymore. It saddens Jimin for thinking that way but he chooses to ignore.

 

Every single day, they would always meet but none will say a word to each other.

Jimin will always have to pass by him with a nervous heart. Whenever he tried to make eye contact with him, it will always be a failure because the younger never look back. His heart shattered every single time that happens.

 

However, what saddens him the most is that,

He will always see Taehyung alone without a companion. He will always be by himself, not communicating with others. He wondered what happen to the younger.

He was worried when Taehyung didn’t come at school for a week.

But,

He is glad to see him back again.

Jimin doesn’t want to be a stranger to Taehyung. He loves Taehyung with all his heart. It hurts him when he misses Taehyung running to him while shouting his name with pure excitement. He misses Taehyung wrapping his arm around him with a big pleasant smile on his face. He misses Taehyung being beside him every single day. He misses Taehyung a lot.

He knows he should be closer to him again,

But it’s difficult.

He feels weak to do so.

 

 


 

Day One;
Only A Smile

 

Jimin walks alone in the dark to the supermarket to buy something filling for his stomach. This late night is cold and thankfully he had worn a black sweater. His hands are stuffed inside his pocket trying to warm his hand. He’s humming to a song that had been playing in his mind like an addiction. He looks at the car passing by on the road, and something had caught his eye.

The playground.

It’s not a something however… It’s a someone.

That someone is

Taehyung.

What was he doing there alone?

 

Jimin stops his steps and looks at Taehyung who sits down on the swing, swaying his leg forwards and backwards while his shoe still placed on the ground and his head looking down. Jimin actually wanted to walk towards him and sits down on the other side of the swing.

But he was afraid to do so.

There’s a lot of ‘what if’ thoughts in his head and it is something he couldn’t cope with.

However, he thinks why the possibilities in his head had to stop him? If he hadn’t thought about it, he would walk there without a pause.

He should take the risk, right?

 

Jimin takes a deep breath and exhale slowly looking at Taehyung. He takes his first step and freezes.

His mind is saying that he couldn’t do it.

His heart is saying that he could.

Jimin follows his heart and looks left to right to see any car passing by.

When there’s none, he runs to the playground.

 

Jimin silently walks to the swings and sits down on the other side. He feels his heart stings when Taehyung didn’t notice him. He grasps tightly onto the chain that’s holding the swing and looks at his friend.

He decided to be the first to say something,

 

“Hi.” Jimin said.

 

There was no response. Taehyung was still looking down on the ground didn’t even hitch when hearing a voice. Jimin feels miserable and disappointed when there’s nothing coming out from his mouth but he decided to say it again because probably Taehyung couldn’t hear.

 

“Hi.” Jimin repeated, a little loud this time.

 

Jimin could feel his heartbeat thumping on his chest when Taehyung crane his head up and turn to face him. They’ve locked eyes making Jimin’s heart uncontrollable. Jimin smiles immediately when he receives his attention.

Taehyung replied back with a small smile on his face.

Jimin looks at Taehyung’s eyes and wondered why his eyes never gleam as he used to.

 

Jimin went back home with a huge smile on his face and forget that he was supposed to buy food.

 

 


 

Day Two;
A Share Of Snack

 

Jimin walks to the playground again and hopes that he would be there like yesterday. And thankfully he is. He’s at the same place, in the swings, always looking down on the ground. He was about to head over to the playground but first he went inside the small store to buy some snacks.

He remembers Taehyung’s favourite snack, it will always have to be something that taste like chicken. He was hesitant to buy his favourite snack because he thought that he probably has different taste now. But nonetheless, he still buys it.

He walks out from the store and runs to the playground greeting Taehyung with full of merriment,

 

“Taehyung-ah!” Jimin yelled.

 

Taehyung looks up and said,

 

“Hello.”

 

Jimin sits down on the ground beside Taehyung and open the packet of the snack he bought.

 

“Taehyung-ah, I bought your favourite snack.” Jimin said, taking one chip out from the packet and gives it to Taehyung

“Thank you.” Taehyung smiles and eats the chip that Jimin gave.

“Do you still like it?” Jimin asked.

“Yeah, I always do.” Taehyung said and chuckles a little bit.

 

Jimin couldn’t hold back a grin when he hears him laugh.

 

“The same old Taehyung I always knew.” Jimin pinches his cheeks making Taehyung whine in pain.

“That hurt, hyung.” Taehyung frowned.

“Aw, you are still so cute.” Jimin grins, eye smiling at him.

“Thanks.” Taehyung smiles.

 

Jimin was happy that he could be connected with Taehyung without any nervous tension between them. Their relationship with each other is still the same like when they were younger. It satisfied him. He was glad that he had the courage to approach him yesterday.

The only thing that’s been bothering him is that, today was colder than yesterday.

At least he had worn his black sweater.

 


 

Day Three;
Rainy Tears

 

He couldn’t be there in this weather…

 

Jimin bit his lips as he thinks. He hopes Taehyung isn’t there at the playground, sitting there alone in the rain. He’s worried for the younger; he doesn’t want him to catch a cold. However, he has to check.

He sees the playground at sight and walks closer to see a better view, and he sees him there on the swings soaking in rain.

Jimin runs to him quickly, grasping on the umbrella tightly and covers Taehyung from above from drowning in this pouring rain.

Taehyung looks up at him and smiles,

 

“Thank you.”

 

Jimin frowns, “Why are you here in the rain?” He said worriedly.

Taehyung sniffles and wipes his nose with the back of his hand,

 

“I’m so-sorry.” Taehyung sniffles again.

“He-hey… Are you okay?” Jimin asks, crouching down to meet his eye level.

“No.” Taehyung replied honestly.

 

Jimin examine his face and realizes that it wasn’t just droplets of rain on his face. There are tears coming out from his eyes. And it surprises Jimin to see him in that emotional state. He feels really uneasy and wonders more to what is happening to him. He doesn’t want to ask because it might be personal. But seeing him crying like this, it is something that needs to be cured.

Jimin drops the umbrella to the wet grass and hugs him, letting the rain pours down on them.

He caresses his back gently, soothing him down patiently. He could feel the younger slowly wraps his arm around his neck and hear his cries more loudly.

He could feel a stab to his heart seeing him like this.

 

Jimin hugs him tighter and let him cry until he’s recollected.

 

 



Day Four;
Silent Embrace

 

 

Jimin returned to the playground with two cans of drinks on his hands.

 

He sits down on the ground and says, “Hello,” to Taehyung.

 

“Hi.” Taehyung said.

 

Jimin smiles and give him a can of lemon tea that was already clicked open.

It was silent in this time of night.

 

Jimin and Taehyung just drink their can of flavor drinks and Jimin would awkwardly stare at the younger.

 

“Thank you for the drink, hyung.” Taehyung said with a small fainted smile.

“You’re welcome, Tae.” Jimin smiles sincerely, feeling a little concern in his heart.

 

It was cold silence today.

 


 

Day Five;
A Dead Flower

 

 

Jimin had a conflict with himself today morning. He was wondering if he should be at the playground. He doesn’t know why he’s having this discussion inside his head. He knew he was nervous to be there since last two days was emotional. However, he wants to help Taehyung because seeing the younger crying makes him cry as well.

He would like to see a bright smile on Taehyung’s face again.

 

Jimin walks to the playground like every single night and sits down on the ground beside Taehyung who’s twirling a dead flower on his fingers. Jimin gives him a confuse stare, wondering why he was holding a single dead flower.

 

“Taehyung? It’s dead.” Jimin points out.

“Huh? Oh, I know.” Taehyung replied, not looking at the older.

 

Jimin sighs.

 

“Taehyung? Are you okay?” Jimin asked.

“I’m fine.” Taehyung answered, still looking at the dead flower.

“Taehyung, look at me.” Jimin cups his cheeks, making them staring deeply to each other’s eyes.

“I’m your friend remember? I’m always here to help.”

“Thanks.” Taehyung smiles.

“Please tell me what’s wrong.” Jimin pleaded.

“Tomorrow.”

 

Jimin agreed. He hopes tomorrow he could cure Taehyung’s fragile heart.

 


 

Day Six;
Empathize His Emotions

 

The atmosphere is tranquil and the night is still cold as ever. Jimin was glad that he had remembered. He was going to tell him today.

Jimin listens carefully when Taehyung start explaining what was going on with his life and he is really surprise to hear what is coming out from his mouth, 

 

“A friend of mine committed suicide and… I was the problem to his death.” A tear falls off from Taehyung’s eyes as he speaks.

“I wasn’t helping him through his depression because I was frustrated at his pessimistic emotions.”

“I’ve tried hyung. I have tried to help him regaining himself back. I have tried to make sure that he feels loved and wanted by his friends, family and me. I wanted to make sure everything is fine but his emotions make me feel angry.

I shouted at him. I told him to move on and just try to let it go because it is part of the past. The past doesn’t matter anymore and, everybody makes mistakes right? And he would always reply to me so calmly and it makes me mad. He replies by saying sorry countless of time. He says that I don’t like him as a friend anymore and he was a bother to me.

And the next thing I do was walking away from him. Making him stands there alone crying.”  

 

The tears from Taehyung’s eyes are dribbling down continuously and Jimin immediately hugs him, giving him a comfort. Taehyung was thankful for that. He needs it. He does.

Jimin let him take his time to calm down. He doesn’t mind if he stops the story right there because he understands his pain although he had never experience it before. He can feel his suffering emotions because he feels empathize.

 

“Then I saw him. I saw him there. He was holding a gun, hyung. He was crying. He keeps on saying sorry to me. I tried to stop him. But he had pulled the trigger.

I’m the one who killed him. I wasn’t quick enough. I’m a monster. I’m a horrible human being. I shouldn’t be living. I shouldn’t have exis—”

 

Jimin could feel Taehyung’s hand gripping tightly on his sleeve as he cries harder. Jimin caressed the younger’s back gently, heaving a soft sigh. He feels his heartbreaks when he hear the insults that coming out from his mouth.

 

“Tae… It’s not your fault.” Jimin assured.

“It is!” Taehyung exclaimed in between his cries, pulling away the hug with a piercing glare on his eyes.

“It is not, Taehyung. Listen to me. I promise you, it wasn’t your fault.”

“How would you know? You weren’t there. You weren’t there when I needed help. You weren’t there beside me. You started to ignore me. You didn’t care about me anymore!” Taehyung fumed.

 

Those words coming out from his mouth isn’t pleasing to Jimin because it wasn’t true.

 

“Taehy—”

“You don’t understand. Every single day, I will always hear his voice saying that I killed him. I wasn’t helpful. All I ever care was myself. I was selfish. I’m a murderer.

 

Jimin pulls him into a hug again, hugging him tighter making Taehyung impossible to let go.

 

“Taehyung, I am really sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t realize you were in this breakdown. I’m sorry I wasn’t by your side when you needed one but please understand that you didn’t hurt him. His death wasn’t your fault. It was himself. He had given up but that’s okay. The angels had taken him away because they love him dearly, and I am sure that he’s protecting you from above. 

I am sure he understands why you were mad at him. I am sure he forgives you. And I’m sure that he will feel really terrible if you’re like this.

Your friend will thank you for being by his side and helping him, because you are a considerate angel that’s rare to find in this planet.”

 

Jimin leans forward giving him a kiss on the lips.

He hears a gasp from the younger, he knew that his action was done unexpectedly but he could feel him kissing him back, which makes his heart flutter all around. The kiss was surprising to Taehyung but he had no intention to push him off. The kiss makes him feel loved. The kiss is comforting. The kiss composes him. The kiss is something that he wanted to do in his past days, and he’s finally getting what he wishes for.

Jimin wasn’t exactly thinking straight as he leans forward; he does that because he felt that Taehyung doesn’t feel vulnerable to himself. He wanted to make sure that he’s here for him and also love him very much.

He wants to make Taehyung happy again.

 

 

Jimin was the first to pull away from the chaste kiss.

Taehyung looks at him with a bright smile on his face, eyes gleaming like shining stars that's twinkling from above and a wide square smile that Jimin always admires, this is the smile that he had been yearning for.

 

“Thank you, hyung.”

 

 


 

Day Seven;
The Absense

 

 

Jimin sits down on the swings by himself as he waits for Taehyung to come. He’s a little early today since it’s the weekends. The sun is still up on the bright blue sky, chirping little birdies, and joyful children and parents at the playground. It seems like a good day today.

He wonders if Taehyung will be coming in this lovely Saturday.

He hopes he will.

However,

The sun slowly moving down and the bright blue sky would turn dark, the families started to leave, and Jimin is now alone again. He taps his shoes to the ground as he bit his bottom lip feeling a little bit anxious.

He wants to wait a little longer but the usual time that Jimin would be coming here had past. Taehyung’s not coming today… He sighs in disappointment, but it’s fine. He would always have tomorrow to meet him.

 

Jimin walks back home and greet his mother at the kitchen who’s cooking a delicious dinner.

His mother looks behind and notices his son is frowning,

“Why are you frowning, sweetie?”

 

Jimin didn’t realizes he was frowning at the table but,

“I didn’t see Taehyung today.”

 

Jimin hears something drops on the floor, shocking him in the middle of his thoughts and look to see what it was.

 

“Oh I’m sorry.” His mother apologizes, picking up the spatula from the ground.

“It’s alright…” Jimin sigh, thinking back why Taehyung wasn’t there.

 

There’s a weird irking feeling crawling up to his stomach.

His mother pulls a chair and sits across him with a nervous expression.

 

“Jimin?”

 

Jimin hummed in response, glancing at his mother.

 

“You’re still friends with Taehyung?”

 

Jimin nodded.

 

“Yeah, we’ve friends again.” Jimin grin happily.

“Sweetie…” Jimin feels weird out by the tone his mother is giving him but he shakes it away.

“I… I receive a letter a month ago and it’s for you. It’s from Taehyung.”

 

Jimin stares at the white envelope on his mother’s hand. He could feel his heart pounding to his chest, his mind repeating the tone of his mother saying. The voice doesn’t sound pleasant. It’s bad. There are a lot of possibilities running through his head of the consequences that’s happening to Taehyung.

He could feel a lump on his throat but he held it back and grabs the letter, quickly running away to his room crying alone on his bed.

 

 


 

Day Eight;
Sentimental Gratitude

 

 

Hi Jimin,

You still remember me right? Kim Taehyung? Taetae? The weird alien? 

I hope you do remember who I am because I still know you. I really miss you Jimin. I really am and I’m sorry for ignoring you. I'm sorry that I didn’t talk to you anymore but I wish you would understand me. There’s something going on my life that makes me feel dead inside. I tried to regain myself but I couldn’t. I’m really sorry.

Don’t bother to send any replies because I won’t be receiving any letter from you. This will be the first and last letter.

I’m sorry.

Please don’t feel guilty for not being here with me.

I don’t want to be a burden to anyone anymore…

 

Once again, I’m really sorry.

I love you Jimin.

 

Taetae

 


 

Day Nine;
Resting In Peace

 

Jimin isn’t at his usual place now; he’s in a different destination taken by his mother. He doesn’t want to follow her but also is confused why does he need to be there. He wants be at home and sleep. He wants to see Taehyung in his sleep. He’s in depressed and distress, he wants to leave this hallway. He wants to be alone.

He wants to cry on his pillow.

 

“Jimin?” His mother called, he didn’t bother to look at her. His emotions are making him careless.

 

He could hear his mother sigh and holds his hand taking his to a white room. There was flowers stacked everywhere.

“Jimin…”

 

Jimin glance at him mother and notice something from behind.

He immediately let out a loud cry, letting his tears dribbling down as he walks towards the lying person who’s quietly sleeping on the white bed.

 

It was Taehyung.

 

He holds Taehyung’s lifeless hand and places it closer to his wet cheeks.

He thought he was dead. He thought his dear friend passed away without giving him a goodbye, but he was wrong.

Taehyung’s at the hospital, sleeping peacefully.

 

“Taehyung…” Jimin calls, trying to wake him up.

“Tae-ah.” He repeats again.

 

“He’s in a coma.” His mother explains.

 

 


 

Day Ten;
Dearly Beloved

 

 

He wakes up from his sleep, lean backwards to stretch his back and notice it wasn’t a dream. He’s still in this white room, living in his nightmare. Taehyung is still there lying down on the hospital bed while Jimin’s holds onto his cold hand waiting for him to give a response. His mother on a green couch eating the breakfast she had bought in the morning.

Jimin eats the breakfast meal even if he doesn’t have the appetite to do so. He looks at Taehyung and wonders if he’s hungry, he wants to feed him and hear him saying thank you.

A tear drops to the bed. His eyes get redder and his vision blurs, he wipes the tears off with the back of his hand and gives a weak smile to the silent boy.

 

“Please wake up.” Jimin whispers,

“I want to see you smile again…”

“I thought we have cleared out the last two days.”

“I healed you didn’t I?”

“Sweetie…” His mother sighs, “I’m sorry I didn’t give you the letter earlier…”

 

Jimin blinks the tears away, earlier?

What does she mean by that?

 

“Did something happen to him?” His mother asks.

“He has, he has his problems.” His mother nods in understanding,

“I’m sorry, Taehyung.” Jimin apologizes.

 

Even though he was too late to help him up, he wishes Taehyung has a second chance that his soul will be returning back and regain his conscious. Jimin was given an opportunity to meet him and be closer to him once again like what he had always desire for. He had also gives a lending hand to Taehyung to make him understand that he was never alone. He has someone in this world that loves and cares about him very dearly. 

Taehyung is one of his dearly beloved.

 

Jimin stands up, ready to leave while looking at his mother giving him a pity look. He smile brightly at her, telling her he’s fine.

He and his mother walk towards the exit,

Jimin looks behind once again at Taehyung and whispers,

“I’ll see you soon.”  

 

Jimin left the room with a heavy heart.

 

 

 

 

“Jimin…”


 


 

 

TeddyFlyHigh

Finally I have finished this one-shot. There is eight more days until the deadline.

I thought I was going to quit this story but

NOPE

I'm still here.

I hope you like it.