l•o•s•t

a•r•c•a•d•i•a
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

College is the time when one goes the craziest - sleepover, late-night parties, clubbing and more. To Soojung, it was the time she became Krystal. In her freshman year, she dyed her hair bright red. She loved attention and took pride in her outstanding hair colour. She liked how people called her Krystal, the American-Korean girl who could speak fluent English. She was satisfied with her pretty look and was proud to be crowned as prettiest freshman of the year. Krystal was perfect, and Soojung loved how flawless Krystal was. 

 

In her sophomore year, she turned her bright red hair for blonde. Krystal no longer wanted to be just pretty. She wanted to be known as one of the iest girl in the university too. And she did. Her smoky makeup, accompainied with a crop top and tight leather pants. Krystal immediately rose to the y queen of the university. Everyone wanted to be her. Krystal was the most sought after girl of her time. 

 

In her junior days, Krystal reasoned that red and blonde were too ordinary. She layered her black hair, with stripes of blonde at the end. It awed everyone. No one had a hairstyle like such before. An edgy feel. Krystal was the one and only, there was no other girl that could replace Krystal. She was an exception. The extraordinary. 

 

In her senior year, Krystal changed back to brown. She wanted a hair that would complement her beauty, and it did. In fact, her new style made her even prettier and beautiful. She looked like a fairy, a goddess and simply glamorous. Krystal was no longer the princess. She was the queen. The first but would never be the precedence. Because only Krystal could be there. She was remembered forever. 

 

It was only after her university years did Krystal realised Soojung was gone. Her senior year look somehow resembled Soojung from high school, but the innocent eyes were gone. The once beautiful eyes were replaced with coloured contact lenses. Krystal lost count of the number of times she changed the colour of her contact lens - blue, red, green, purple... Krystal's eyes were colourful but it was cold. Her eyes shouted fame, attention, beauty. She became an attention-seeker. Her eyes were different from Soojung, the hazel brown puppy eyes which was filled with care. Soojung was a sweet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter