1/1

Best Friends...Forever?

It all started with spilled milk and scraped knee.

 

Seungri was 4 then, and his slightly (or not slightly) smaller figure than kids his age didn’t help his social life. Not to mention his eye bags. He was constantly teased by boys and avoided by girls like he was some kind of freak. Usually he’d pay no mind, because his mom said they are just jealous that he’s cute. But apparently, that day the boys decided to stick out their legs to trip him thus the spilled milk and scraped knee.

 

Seungri couldn’t help but pay a mind to it. There was a new kid to the kindergarten whom he hoped would be nice enough to talk to and maybe he could finally have a friend but he just had to trip and spill all his milk to the floor—not to mention cut his knee. He wanted to cry really badly, but his mom said big boys don’t cry, so he did the manliest thing a 4 year old could. He ran away.

 

Running away was a bit of a hard work for him because he was slightly limping and he couldn’t stop grimacing as his knee hurt and bleed and he really needed his mom. So once he reached the playground, he hurried his way to a warehouse there and hid inside. He hid there for minutes, maybe even hours, but he didn’t really count because he was shivering from cold and he was crying, not to mention hungry too.

 

“Why are you crying?” Seungri looked up in surprise, hurriedly wiping his eyes and nose, and blinked three times to see who was talking to him. “And why is your knee bleeding?”

 

Seungri didn’t answer, he squinted his eyes to get a better look of whoever talking to him. However he couldn’t see no matter how hard he squint his eyes until it almost closed completely. “I can’t see you,” he eventually said, still looking at the dark. “I-I want to see.”

 

The one talking to him stepped to a brighter spot and now Seungri could see him perfectly. “Can you see me now?”

 

“Yes,” Seungri nodded, staring intently at the boy whom he swore he had never seen. The boy was big, but maybe it was just because he was small, and he was staring at him with eyes that reminded Seungri of his puppy back at home. “Who are you and why are you here?”

 

“Jiyong,” the boy answered, still staring at Seungri with those eyes. “I’m here because you’re here. So why are you here?”

 

Seungri was flustered because he was sure he didn’t know the boy and never asked him to follow, and most importantly why must the boy be here because he was here?

 

“I don’t even know you.”

 

“You didn’t,” the boy, Jiyong, stood up and made his way next to Seungri, and sat down before comfortably scooted closer. When their elbows were practically touched, Jiyong looked down and smiled, taking Seungri's hand into his and shaking it lightly. “Now you do.”

 

“You don’t—”

 

Seungri didn’t get to finish because the door to the warehouse was slammed open, revealing his panic-looking mom and dad with some of his teachers too. Seungri beamed because he missed his mom, so he cheered happily when his mom made his way to him, hugging him and checking his knee.

 

“Oh my baby,” his mom was crying, and Seungri felt bad because he was the one to make his mom cry. “Are you okay? Are you hungry? Oh my god, you don’t know how worried I’ve been. Never, ever hide inside a warehouse again, okay, can you promise that, Seungri?”

 

Seungri nodded, burying his face to the crook of his mom’s neck, relieved that he wasn’t alone again. “I’m sorry mommy,” his lips quivered, he wanted to cry again. “I’ll never hide inside a warehouse again.”

 

“Smart boy,” his mom hugged him tighter, exhaling in relief before she picked him up. “Now let’s go home, yeah?”

 

Seungri nodded, and then suddenly he remembered Jiyong. “Ah, Jiyong!”

 

“What’s jiyong, sweetheart?”

 

“My new friend, he was with me here before mommy came!” Seungri beamed and looked around, and he was more than happy when he spotted Jiyong in the corner. “Ah, Jiyong, come here!”

 

Almost everyone present in the room looked at the corner where Seungri pointed at, but they saw no one. “Uh, Seungri sweetheart,” his mom said carefully. “There’s no one there.”

 

Seungri frowned. “Mommy don’t be mean,” he stepped aside and held Jiyong's hand. “He’s here. He’s my new friend. So can he stay with us, mommy?”

 

His parents were flustered, and his teachers were shocked, none of them knew what to say. Deciding that it was just a phase and it will disappear tomorrow morning, Seungri's mom nodded. “Yes, he can, sweetheart. Now let’s go home, yeah?”

 

Both Seungri and Jiyong nodded, smiling to each other before they skipped happily out of the dark warehouse.

 

“We’ll be best friends, Jiyong!” Seungri sang happily, swaying their linked hands and grinned to the bigger boy.

 

“Yes, we will,” Jiyong too smiled, and tightened his hand on Seungri. “It will be fun.”

 

 

***

 

 

It all started with spilled milk and scraped knee.

 

Seungri was 4 and growing. Jiyong was 5 and he had stopped growing a year before.

 

And they were best friends.

 

Forever.

 

("Seungri, why are you taller than me now?")

 


A/N: I told you I'm feeling emo. Anyway, add me on snapchat!!! It's frichiela. I'll shower you with my selfies lol