The End of the Beginning

The Outcast Club
Ending Page - f(x)
 
------------------------
 
After getting shooed off from the club room, Yura grudgingly went to get the invitation materials with Haera alongside her.
 
In curiosity, Yura glanced over at the female with her hands in her pockets. Her peachy, porcelain skin seemed soft and flawless compared to Yura’s pale complexion. Even the tips of her hair seemed to gleam radiantly, making her stand out.
 
 
Yura hadn’t noticed it before, but now that she had a good look at her, Haera was definitely beautiful. She looks like a doll, she thought inwardly.
 
Haera seemed to catch Yura’s intent gaze, as her eyes flitted up to meet hers, “Something wrong?” Her glossy lips formed an ‘o’.
 
Yura easily tore her gaze away, but didn’t say anything.
 
Clueless Haera tilted her head in puzzlement when a lazy voice drawled, “’Oi, Haera!”
 
Both Yura and Haera looked up to see a small group of students huddled near the front entrance. The male that called out to Haera looked sleazy and mischievous, and Yura narrowed her eyes for a second, studying him.
 
Haera looked bewildered and pointed to herself in a questioning manner.
 
“Yeah, Shin Haera! Come over and chat with us for a bit!” A girl from the group motioned.
 
Haera broke into a wide smile, looking ecstatic to have been called out. Haera turned to Yura, “Sorry, I’ll just go over there to see what they want. Can you just grab the materials? They should be on the office desk. Don't worry, i’ll meet up with you on the way back!”
 
Wordlessly, Yura nodded.
 
“Great! See you later!” Haera beamed.
 
Yura silently watched as Haera sauntered off before walking again, this time, alone.
 
*
 
I hope this is what she wanted me to bring, Yura thought as she gripped the stack of construction paper under her left arm, and held a metal box full of pencil crayons, glue and tape in the other.
 
Her sigh sounding loud in the silent building, Yura strode through the halls before seeing a familiar group in the distance, leaning against the lockers. Normally, she would pass by without paying any attention to them, but she caught Haera leaning on the lockers near them.
 
As she grew closer to them, she heard snippets their conversation. She would’ve left if she hadn’t heard one of the students mention her name. Quickly, she hid behind a column so that she wasn’t able to be seen.
 
“…so you’re saying that Han Yura joined your club?” A female snorted, “Her? Being social? I’d like to see that.”
 
A masculine voice spoke up, and Yura recognized it as the voice of the male who had called Haera over at first, “Hold on, I just thought of something fun.”
 
“What, what?” The others crooned in interest.
 
“You should deliberately kick her out,” he guffawed, “It’s not like she’s going to gain any friends anyway with that almighty personality of hers.”
 
“Yeah,” a female with shorter hair added, “You don’t want to be pushed around by her, do you, Haera? She's violent!”
 
Haera’s voice echoed, “N-No, but…” She paused, “I didn’t know she was like that…”
 
“We won’t let you be pushed around by her,” someone cooed, “We’ll help you kick her out. She thinks she’s so tough, but in reality, she’s still a girl. She just needs a guy to set her straight—“
 
CLANG! Everyone gasped to see the metal box lying on the floor. Yura stepped out from behind the column, bending down to pick it up.
 
She straightened up with a hard, unamused look in her eye, “My bad, I seemed to have dropped something. Sincere apologies if I scared you all.”
 
Yura’s eyes flitted to Haera’s mortified face for a split second before looking away.
 
“If it isn’t Han Yura! Wow, your eyes really are terrifying. Stop it! You’re giving me the shivers,” he laughed, as if that was even remotely funny.
 
Yura smirked, “Forget the apology – I take it back. I’d be an idiot to apologize to a pack of rats.”
 
Instantly, the smile slipped off the male’s face, “Excuse me?”
 
“Slow, aren’t you?” Yura dusted a piece of lint from her blazer, “If you didn’t understand what I said, I’m not going to repeat myself. Pity, instead of me needing a man to set me straight, it seems like you’ll need a woman to do the same.”
 
With a turn of her cheek, Yura left down the corridors.
 
Haera stood there in stunned mortification with the others. After a second of hesitation, Haera pushed the others out of the way to catch up to her, “Yura! YURA, WAIT!”
 
*
 
The door to Room 101 burst open as Yura stood there with the materials in her hands.
 
Yura did a quick scan of the room, and Yoomi seemed to have stepped out. Only the boys were there.
 
Rapmon, who had been talking to Jin, happily stood up, “Great, you’re back with the stuff!”
 
“You can set them here,” J-Hope moved papers off the table as Yura set the things down.
 
Rather than sitting down, however, she stepped back, “If that’s all you need, I’ll be going now.”
 
“Huh?” Rapmon and Suga exchanged confused glances.
 
Without explaining herself, Yura bowed her head a bit and swung the door open to leave. As soon as she did, Haera stumbled into the room.
 
“Yu…ra… Wait…” Haera panted, “Please, let me explain!”
 
The boys now stood up in bewilderment. Yura put up a hand to silence her, “No need. I’ll quit. I’m not going to be someplace where I’m clearly not wanted,” she turned to the others, “Thank you for having me.”
 
Yura moved around Haera and took a step, but Haera called out, “You've misunderstood!”
 
Yura froze in mid-step before exhaling and turned around with an unpleasant look. She stepped a little closer to her, “Let me ask you something then. Did you or did you not continue to engage in conversation with them? Did you or did you not doubt me, after listening to them talk about me behind my back? Because if you didn’t say anything, feel free to speak up now.”
 
It was silent as Haera was at a loss for words. She couldn’t bring herself to speak.
 
“Didn’t think so,” she took a step.
 
“Yura, please,” Haera’s hand gripped onto her arm for the umpteenth time.
 
Instinctively, Yura flung her hand away. “Don’t touch me as if we’re close.”
 
At that moment, Jungkook stepped up before anyone else could. Yura glared up at the taller male.
 
“If Haera says that you misunderstood, you probably did. Why don’t you listen for a change before spitting out accusatory words?” He challenged.
 
Yura crossed her arms with an amused look, “What are you, her loyal steed? Listen, buddy, you weren’t there when this happened, were you? If you weren’t there, shut it.
 
Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows at her.
 
Yura let out a smirk of disbelief and shook her head, “This is why I hate socializing. Damn hypocrites everywhere.”
 
Without another word, she turned around and left as quickly as she came.
 

______________

O.o...