You and Me

Frozen Illusion

 


 

He groaned lightly as bright rays of the sun entered the small opening of the window and hit his baby face. He slowly opened his chesnut colored eyes and found himself in his room, with one of his sleeping beside him.
 
Like a child, he roughly pushed the girl off the bed, waking her up.
 
 
"What the hell Mark?!" The girl angrily exclaimed, standing up and covered her body using the nearby towel.
 
 
"Get out." He calmly said and tried to go back to sleep.
 
 
"Seriously? After the pleasure I gave you last night?!" She shot back as she places her hands on her curves.
 
 
The boy hissed, "When I say get out, I want you out of my house and my life. So. Get. Out. NOW."
 
 
"You're such a-"
 
 
"I SAID GET OUT!" He loudly shouted out, leaving the girl no choice.
 
 
"JERK!" She finally said, slamming the door shut.
 
 
He sighed and closed his eyes.
 
 
 
"How long have I been like this?" He asks himself. Yes, he really does feel like jerk at times. He's always been the good kid but what in the world happened to him?
 
 
He's the heir of the Tuan clan; a millionaire, a spoiled brat, a talented and intelligent young man, an enigma; he's no one else but Mark Yi-en Tuan.
 
 
Mark lazily took out an old photograph by his drawer; it was a picture of him with a pretty girl. She had an innocent face and a charming smile. On the picture, his smile is brighter than his smile nowadays.
 
Tears then started to form at the brim of his eyes as he looked at the picture tenderly.
 
 
"Hey baby.. Good morning. I miss you so much... I'm sorry." he whispered, kissing the picture softly.
 
 
Mark took a final look at the picture and placed it back at the drawer. He stood up and opened the almost dusty windows. He greeted the strong breeze that entered the room with open arms. "Suzy..." Paper pinwheels by the arranged book shelf started rotating as the wind blew in.
 
 
"I love you..."
 
 
Mark then closed his eyes and started reminiscing his moments with his one and only love of his life from 4 years ago.
 

 

*Flashback*
 
 
“Mark! Tuna! Poodle! Dimsum!” Jackson continuously called yet Mark doesn’t respond as the male was playing on his phone.
 
 
“Lil’ .”
 
 
Mark stopped and glared at Wang. The Hong Kong male smirked. Victory was his.
 
 
“What do you want Mandu?” Mark growled. He didn’t really like it when people called him with his childhood nickname.
 
 
“You need a girlfriend.”
 
 
Facepalm. That was what he was disturbing Mark for? Yes.
 
 
“What? Why would I? I’m contented with what I have right now Mandu. Stop.” Mark replied. Love was a completely non-sense thing to him. He still had to finish his degree and take over their company.He had no time to love. He just wants to be loved. It’s tiring and plus, he still doesn’t want to get hurt.
 
 
“Oh come on my best buddy Dimsum! Everyone of us needs someone! It’s totally worth it.” Jackson assured.
 
 
Mark shook his head. He knows Jackson’s a cassanova since birth and he doesn’t want to be like that. The only girl he wants to love is his mom.
 
 
“Just no Mandu. No.”
 
 
“You won’t be able to stop your heart you Tuna...” Jackson teased.
 
 
“Yes I will. And will you stop calling me names already? It’s starting to be annoying...” Mark finally replied and got back to playing on his phone.
 
 
“Whatever you say Dimsum...”
 
 
 
Mark was totally wrong. He wasn’t able to stop it afterall.
 
 
 
Tuan was walking down the road after having lunch at Wang’s residence. Jackson introduced a new girl to his family this time and he was really proud of it, much to Mark’s annoyance. It was a peaceful walk when he noticed a girl ‘not-caring-about-anything-around-her’ walking in the street.
 
 
“Is she on drugs or something?” Mark asks himself. Then, he noticed a yellow bus rushing by the road and it seems like the girl didn’t bother stepping aside. As the vehicle got closer, Mark was left with no choice but to save her.
 
 
“Watch out!” he exclaimed and the girl turned around. For a moment, Mark thought he saw an angel. He was able to push her out of the way as the careless bus drove away quickly.
 
 
“You scum! Better slow down!” He shouted. He then faced the girl and his breath was taken away.
 
 
Snow white skin, perfect eyes and a charming smile. Mark’s heart began beating fast and his cheeks started feeling hot.
 
 
The girl then flashed a smile at him. “Thank you... My name is Suzy. Nice meeting you...”
 
 
It took Mark a few seconds before realizing he needed to answer her. He was mesmirized by the girl’s beauty. “I-I’m...Umm...My name is Mark. N-Nice to meet you as well Suzy...” He smiled shyly.
 
 
Suzy giggled, finding Mark’s shyness cute.
 
 
 
After that certain incident, both started seeing each other almost everyday. Mark invited her over his house and so did she. He introduced her to his buddies and they started teasing them, making the both of them blush all the time.
 
They went on long trips during vacations, went to the same school together, went on campings together, did a lot of activities together. Both of them were comfortable with each other. They even called each other ‘baby’ even though they’re not in a relationship. Yet.
 
 
Until the time came when Mark finally realized he has fallen for her and is planning to confess soon. He asked for Jackson’s help, much to the male’s amusement.
 
The Hong Kong expert gave him a lot of advice; from the place to the gift to even the outfit and the words he’ll say. “But man, you don’t need to memorize anything. Just do and say what you normally do and say. Because that’s how she met you. Don’t change into someone else.” Jackson told Mark before letting him go on his confession date with her.
 
 
Mark and Suzy met up at the park. He and his gang has prepared really well for this outdoor confession date.
 
 
“Ah~~ It’s elegant in here baby...” Suzy smiled, clinging to Mark’s arm. The male blushed and smiled, “Thank you baby. I prepared it just for you...”
 
 
He then faced her and held both her hands. “Baby...No...Suzy...I’ve been thinking about this for a while...I hope you’d listen well to what I’ll say.”
 
 
She nodded, signalling him to continue.
 
 
“Suzy. You know...” his heart began throbbing fast. “I...I really like you. Wait, erase that. I really love you Suzy. At first I didn’t really belive in love but then you came... It was love at first sight but I didn’t know what it was. I was stupid all this time and I’m late when I realized I have fallen for you. I know what I’m saying right now is cliche but Suzy...I really really really love you. Will you be my girl?”
 
 
Suzy’s smile turned into a sad one. She was afraid that this time would come. She didn’t knew how to explain it to Mark. She doesn’t want him to get hurt but it’s for the best. She remained silent for a while to think of what to tell him.
 
 
“Suzy?”
 
 
“Mark...I’m...I’m sorry...I can’t.” She softly said as she tried to stop tears from falling from her eyes.
 
 
The male was left speechless with this answer. Pain enveloped his heart. It was such a harsh reality.
 
 
And then, Suzy continued, “That’s because if I’ll say yes, you’ll still get hurt at the end... And I don’t want that to happen. Mark, I only have a little time left.”
 
 
Mark listened to what she says as tears unexpectedly rolled down continuously.
 
 
“I was afraid that this time would come. The time when you’ll fall for me. At first it was okay if I was the only one. I shouldn’t have introduced myself to you. I should’ve just watched you from afar... I’m really sorry Mark... I really love you too... But we just can’t be together.”
 
 
“But Suzy-“
 
 
“Please Mark. I don’t want you to get hurt...”
 
 
“It’s okay... I can bear it...”
 
 
“No it’s not okay Mark! You’re already crying because I rejected you. What more if I’ll disappear from you for good?!”
 
 
“Suzy...” Mark didn’t know what to say anymore. He pulled her close to him and hugged her tightly but Suzy pushed him away.
 
 
“Mark, I’m sorry but I guess this will be the final time...Goodbye.” Suzy sadly smiled and walked away from him, crying.
 
 
Mark wasn’t ready to give up yet. He ran after her and she ran away from him as well.
 
 
“Wait! I have something to say!” Mark called out. She turned around to face him but then suddenly...
 
 
 
“SUZY!” The girl fainted.
 
 
 
“Suzy! Suzy! Ya! Baby! Wake up!” he cried, holding the girl in his arms. Suzy slowly opened her eyes and looked at him, trying to continue breathing to tell him something important. She has to tell him this before her time runs out.
 
 
“I...I didn’t know...today’s the day. I... I didn’t expect it... Mark... I really love you. Please continue living...Just wait... We’ll see each other....again... Because I believe...we...we really are...meant to be...” Suzy smiled and her eyes slowly closed, accepting that she’ll have to wait for a long time somewhere before they meet again.
 
 
“I really love you Suzy... I really do...”
 
 
 
*end of flashback*
 

 

Mark came back to his senses a tears were already falling from his eyes when his phone started ringing. He picked it up and saw who was calling. It was his best buddy Jackson Wang.
 
 
“Yes Ka Yee?” Mark asked.
 
 
“MOOOOOORK! Come over here right now! Jinyoung is pretty mad like a mother dragon who’s kids has been taken away! Hurry up! If I get killed right now I’ll-“ Mark pulled the phone away from him before Jackson’s loud voice starts to deafen his ear.
 
 
“Mark? You tuna do you hear me?! Come here right NOW!” Jackson finally said, cutting the line. Mark sighed. It was already indeed tiring living in a world like this. He wanted to be loved truly again; he wanted to be with her.
 
 
But he can’t.
 
Because he made a promise.
 
 
That he’ll continue living for her until they’ll see each other again; maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but someday they will.
 
Mark then began preparing himself for this day.
 
 
 
Mark’s phone kept ringing and ringing. It was no one else but Jackson. He just continues asking where the hell is he. The male didn’t bother answering it since he was already pissed off.
 
 
First, because of the early in the morning.
 
Second, his housemaids were on vacation and he forgot all about it.
 
Third, his driver wasn’t there either.
 
Fourth, both of his cars are having some engine problems.
 
And last but definitely not the least, he’s now forced to walk from his house to their office.
 
 
“Curse this life.” he groaned. And then all of a sudden, something bumped on him and thus making his files scatter all over the place.
 
 
“What the-“ Mark was about to complain however he was cutt off as he saw what or who it was.
 
 
“Oh my! I’m really sorry! I’m in a hurry as well you see. Let me help you gather all of your files. I’m really sorry...” the girl apologized, picking each and every paper.
 
 
“I-It’s okay, don’t worry.” Mark softly said, helping her out.
 
 
After a minute of assembling the files, the girl took a few bows and apologized once again. “I said it’s okay. Don’t worry about it. Really.” Mark smiled. The girl smiled back and bid farewell. Mark’s eyes were glued to the girl as she continued walking away.
 
 
She looks like...
 
 
All of a sudden, he noticed something fast coming by. A yellow vehicle, straight for the girl’s way.
 
 
This scene looks really...familiar-
 
 
“Watch out!” Mark exclaimed loudly as the girl looked back at him. He pushed her away from the street as the bus came passing by.
 
 
“Ya! Watch where you’re going you scum!” Mark shouted at the bus as it disappeared right around the corner. He turned to her and saw her cheeks in a shade of light pink.
 
 
“Are you alright? Let me help you...” Mark said, offering his hand for the girl to stand. “Thank you.” she smiled, accepting his aid.
 
 
“Be careful next time, okay?” He then flashed his heart melting smile. It’s been a while since he smiled that way.
 
 
She nodded, “I will...”
 
 
“By the way, I’m Mark Tuan. You somehow look like someone I know way back then. What’s your name?” Mark asked.
 
 
The girl hesitated to answer at first since this man is still a stranger to him but to show politeness, she replied.
 
 
 
A strong breeze then came, enveloping the both of them. Paper hearts of all colors and a bright light surrrounded them as Mark’s eyes widened by the girl’s reply.
 
 
 
“Please hang in there Mark. I know you’re really tired already but we’ll see each other soon. I promise... I love you...” she smile then the girl faded along with the breezed.
 
 
 
 
“I love you more....Suzy...” Mark whispered and looked up the heaven, smiling brighter than before.

 


Omyjae what in the world did I write? Hahaha.
I'm so sorry if there are spelling mistakes or grammatical error. Please feel free to remind me and I'll edit it. T____T
I hope you liked it. 
Don't forget to subscribe/comment/upvote/share it with your co-MarkZy shippers.

That's all. ^^

Byeeeee~~~~ :))