Final.

What is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because their smiles light up my worlddd~ ^^

 

 

~

One simple word. Consists of four little letters but yet it means so much. At least, it means a lot to most people.

Kim Myungsoo, L, he preferred on screen, or just Myungsoo, didn’t understand the whole entire concept of; love. It wasn’t until recently, something, someone had triggered Myungsoo’s questions.

Sure, he was an actor, he acted out scenes of declaring his love, performing actions based on love, talking about love. He was also a singer who indeed, sang about love, dancing expressing love and even composing his own songs and yes, about love. Of course he knew what he was doing, what he was saying, but he didn’t know what is was that he was doing, saying. What was love?

Was it the same type of love he had for his mother? A never ending, infinite love? But how far was infinite? Can love reach a certain point, like the distance from Earth to the moon? Does it deteriorate over time, like waves washing away sand? 

He watched almost a dozen other dramas to at least grasp on how people acted when they were in love and nine out of ten, it was mainly; touching- kissing and hugging to display affection (which made Myungsoo quite uncomfortable and he wondered how people had the courage to do that in public), declaring love by words (most usually; I love you! And cue the kiss in the rain) and finally, sacrificing yourself for your loved one (also known as, in the dramas Myungsoo has observed, pushing your loved one out of the way of a moving car/truck and standing in front of it yourself).

In the end, he just found it quite silly. Love was stupid. At least, love between actual lovers, but what would Myungsoo know?

So Myungsoo did what he did best when he was troubled; he asked.

 

“Sunggyu-hyung.”

Myungsoo decided, being logical, to start off asking his very own Sunggyu hyung, who he assumed would know a fair bit as he was the oldest. Sunggyu was lying on his bed, scrolling through his phone with a grin on his face when Myungsoo came in.

“Hyung can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“What is love?”

Sunggyu pulled his gaze away from the most recent news article he was reading; Top ten iest Kpop idols. He silently thanked his Inspirits and laughed at himself for ranking number one.

“This again? If you’re auditioning for a new drama, just act; it doesn’t even need to be real,” Sunggyu nudged Myungsoo as he sat down next to him.

“No, I mean it hyung. I want to know what love is,” he sighed. Sunggyu could only stare at his extremely-close-younger-brother-like-friend, concerned. Should he call the managers for some cold medication?

“Well…”

“What does it feel like?” Myungsoo inquired.

“Ah…” Sunggyu looked blankly at the ceiling, “Yah! How would I know?”

“Aren’t you the oldest?” Myungsoo frowned, “I thought you had a girlfriend!”

“I-I did! Yah, this kid. Well… love. I guess it’s kind of a sweet feeling.”

“Sweet?”

“Yeah, sweet. With a lover, boyfriend, girlfriend; it’s sweet. It’s a feeling you wouldn’t really want to let go of.”

Myungsoo nodded, hanging off every one of Sunggyu’s words.

“But, why does it feel sweet?”

“Well… I don’t really know how to explain…” Sunggyu blindly searches for words inside his head, hoping to find an answer to satisfy Myungsoo’s questions. “I guess it feels sweet because… you’re with the person you love.”

Myungsoo frowned at this, “Hyung, you can’t define a word

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter