Chapter 1

Spending The Day With Jackson Wang

     It was a very nice summer day. A fantastic day to start playing those new games you bought yesterday. But yet here you were, studying in the library. Like seriously, who in their right mind should be studying during summer holiday right? Unless you were dared by your best friend of a decade that is.

     You have a best friend named Jackson Wang. It is really a miracle on how you two can be best friends due to the so many differences in taste and style you two have. He was an extrovert, while you were an introvert. You preferred staying home playing video games, he preferred going to the beach swimming. You preferred reading books, while he liked it better to watch movies instead. But I guess that's what made you both so close. Your too obvious differences. You had known Jackson for over ten years now, he is a year older than you are which means he bullied you a lot. But not those rough bullying like getting beat up or being jeered to, it was more like a sweet and loving type of bullying. He would occasionally pull your hair and then hug you when you started to cry. Sometimes he would even kiss your head to make the pain go away. He really was a weird guy, even until now.

     As you were studying (not really) , your mind was wandering elsewhere. You were thinking about yesterdays dare. “Minyeo, I dare you to study at the library for whole day tomorrow. If you can somehow manage to do that, seeing how much of a hater you are towards studying, I will treat you to that new Japanese restaurant,”Jackson said yesterday as you two were walking home from last day of school. “Oh God, you serious?! The food at place cost a fortune, are you sure? And all I have to do is study all day at the library?!” you literally shouted in excitement to him. He smirked at you and said “yeah totally! And all you have  to do is just study. Think you can manage it?” he teased you. “Pffftt, please. Of course I can do that. It’s not that hard.” you glared at him. “Heh, we’ll see. BUT! If you lose, you have to spend the whole day with me. One whole day with the fun and outgoing Jackson Wang. Can you do that?” he smirked at you. Wait, what? One whole day? With this weird guy that sits at the bus stop just because he likes to be around people? Like there isn’t any other better places to be with people. Seriously. But you really wanna eat at the new Japanese restaurant. So in the end , you said with full determination “yeah sure. I’ll get that Japanese cuisine out of you.” How hard can studying at the library on the first day of summer holiday can be right?

     You just found out something that will forever be on your mental note, studying at the library on the first day of summer holiday is a no no. It was very very hard. You mentally cursed yourself with foul words that should be even illegal to say out loud. Like seriously, even the library is fully empty except for one librarian lady. There is no one here at all, like where are all the books lover? Is there another fun library you didn’t know of that people go to? But wait, libraries are never fun anyways. Guess everyone else was spending first day of summer holiday happily in the sun. You felt like a total idiot, all alone in this library. “Wow, you are here even on first day of summer holiday? Usually people come here only when the school is going to reopen. You must be a top student.,”said the librarian,smiling warmly to you. You couldn’t say it was only a dare that you came here, you won’t otherwise. But she looked so kind and happy to see you here, you couldn’t helped but to just give her a weak smile instead of speaking your mind.

     After nearly two hours there, the only thing you had done was getting your highest score in Temple Run and completed missions of every single game you have in your mobile phone. Seeing your were such a hardcore gamer, you have a lot of games in your phone ( thank God for that!) .Your homework and assignments were laid out, totally untouched. You just weren’t in the mood. The battery in your mobile phone was almost to zero already. So you took out your power bank and start to charging it. After an hour, you just couldn’t take it anymore. “I need to get outta here. NOW”,you thought to yourself. Gathering all of your things, you just shoved it all in your school bag. You said thank you to the librarian and rushed out. You don’t even care that you nearly tripped over some stairs on the way out. All you know was freedom is finally here and you are definitely not gonna wait any longer to obtain it.

     Once you were at the front of the library’s door, you smiled broadly to yourself. “Yes, I’m finally gonna go home now. Video games, here I come!”you smirked thinking of all the games you just bought. But wait, you have to tell Jackson that you bailed out of this bet. But then you have to spend the whole day with him. You mentally groaned. “Wellll, what Jackson doesn’t know won’t hurt him right? I mean ,there is no one here, and I’m sure the nice librarian won’t tell him. He doesn’t even come here! It’’s perfect!”you exclaimed to yourself. You were so happy when you opened the front door.

     FREEDOM. That was the first thought that came over you when you started to walk away. And the best thing is, Jackson won’t know a thing. You sniggered quietly. You just only started to walk away when you heard a too familiar of a voice saying, “"Well well well, you think you can leave the library without informing me?",Jackson said in a very annoying voice that made you stopped walking immediately. Oh.My.God. Caught red handed. By the man of honour himself. You mentally told yourself to relax again and again but your heart just won’t listen to you. It kept pumping so hard as if you had done something terrible like killing unicorns and were caught in action doing so. "Ohh..err.. Hye Jackson.. Hehe..err I was about to call you , I'm just about to dial your number and err you know,"you stuttered out. Please kill me...