Chapter 1

Idiots In Love

Author's Note: I just really needed to write this idea to get it out of my head and satisfy my Chunjoe needs. Roommate arrangements are based on what I've researched is the most recent with my own twist to it so it makes sense. So it goes: Ljoe and Chunji and Ricky in one room, Niel and Changjo in another, and C.A.P. sleeps alone. 


It would have been a perfect day. They had a rest day, for once, and Ljoe saw it as the perfect moment to spend some much needed alone time with Chunji. The slightly older young man didn't complain when, out of the blue, the younger told him that they were going to spend the whole day together, away from the other Teen Top members, and have a proper date—something they haven't had in a long, long while. Such was the price of fame.

And so they went out, cleverly under-dressing to conceal their celebrity status which skyrocketed in the past four years. And for the first time in a very long time, they saw a movie in an actual movie theater, played in an arcade nearby, and ate in a restaurant without being pressured by any sort of time constraint. At least for one day, they felt like normal young people having fun with their significant other.

The entire day went exactly as planned. That is... until they got back to their dorm. Laughing at some joke that Chunji made, feeling young and light and free like he'd never been before, Ljoe wanted to prolong the euphoric high for as long as he possibly could before having to face reality and return to the ever chaotic world of being a K-Pop star the following day.

But something about the way an awkward silence came over the two of them as they sat together in one of the couches in their living room told Ljoe that something was wrong.

"Chanhee-ah," Ljoe began, calling Chunji endearingly by his real name as he usually does when they're not on camera, "Is there something bothering you?"

Chunji stayed silent for a while, and Ljoe, not knowing if Chunji was thinking or if he hadn't heard the question, decided reach for Chunji's hand to grab his attention and ask again, "Chanhee-ah, what's wrong?"

"Huh?" apparently Chunji hadn't been paying attention.

"I asked you if there was something wrong, you just became quiet all of a sudden. Did you not like today?" Ljoe was worried now, thinking he'd done something to upset the other.

"No, no," Chunji gave a reassuring smile, "Today was perfect. I loved it. Thank you," to emphasize, Chunji leaned in to give him a chaste peck on the lips.

"Then what's the matter?" Ljoe was not convinced, he knew something was up.

"I... just... I'm sad that today can't be everyday," Chunji tried to explain.

"What do you mean?" Ljoe evidently didn't understand.

"It sounds weird to say this myself, but we're famous now. We can't just prance around town together, hand in hand, even if we're desperately trying not to attract attention. We're icons. Celebrities, even," Chunji sighed, "And as such we can't... we can't be seen as more than just members of the same group."

"I'm... still not following," Ljoe knitted his brows in confusion, causing a small wrinkle to form on his otherwise unblemished forehead.

"We can't go out on dates in public if we continue to gain fame at the rate we're going. These off days, which are already so rare and infrequent, will become less and less about us as a couple, and it worries me. I... don't want us to break up just because of something silly like that. I don't want you to tire of me just because we can't go out on dates, I'm... afraid."

Ljoe's mouth subconsciously formed a small 'O' in understanding Chunji's dilemma. His lips pulled at the corners before he let out a chuckle, "That's what you're so worried about? Sheesh, Chanhee-ah, I thought something was terribly wrong."

Chunji frowned, "Something is wrong. Aren't you the least bit worried, Byunghun-ah?"

"No, why should I be? Everything's going great. We're slowly achieving our dream of being the top, and we're still together, right? Shouldn't that be enough?" Ljoe pinched Chunji's cheek to stop him from frowning so deeply.

"But what if there comes a time when that wouldn't be enough?" Chunji batted Ljoe's hand away, upset that he was taking this so lightly.

"That would never happen, I'd never tire of you, Chanhee-ah, we'll always be together. Me and you," Ljoe's smile dropped a fraction, realizing that Chunji was being absolutely serious about this matter.

"But what if you do?" Chunji's brows knit together in worry.

"Is this how much you trust me, Chanhee?" Ljoe was starting to get irked by Chunji's unreasonable—at least to him it was unreasonable—woes.

"What? Of course I trust you, Byunghun-ah, but we can't ever predict the future. Who knows, a year from now, a month from now, maybe you'll see something in me that you don't like, or maybe you'll feel too pressured by the fact that we have to keep our relationship secret, or maybe you'll think that we're not worth it, that I'm not worth it."

Ljoe let go of Chunji's hands, feeling anger starting to bubble up the surface, his voice was noticeably higher in volume as he said, "I'll never ever think that you're not worth it. Don't say that again."

"But you don't know that," Chunji tried to get Ljoe to see things in his point of view.

"Are you saying this because you're starting to tire of me now? Are you just trying to make me think like how you do?" Ljoe blurted out before he thought about what he was saying, almost immediately upon seeing the hurt flash in Chunji's eyes, he wanted to take the words back.

"I can't believe you," Chunji abruptly stood up, not wanting to continue this discussion any further, and proceeded to go upstairs to their shared bedroom.

"Chanhee-ah, I—" stood up as well and made a move to follow him up the stairs but Chunji cut him off.

"Don't bother, Ljoe. I want to be alone, please."

Biting his lip, feeling hurt, confused, shocked, and even slightly angry—at himself or at Chunji he wasn't exactly sure, his mind was still a mess of emotions after feeling so elated one moment and then being upset the next— Ljoe sighed and furiously rubbed the back of his neck.

In the confusion of his emotions, he mistakenly took the exasperation he was feeling for anger at Chunji.

"Fine, be alone then. I'm sleeping in Hyung's room tonight!" Ljoe called out after Chunji, who, at that point, just made it to the top of the stairs.

"Fine!" Chunji shouted back.

"Fine!" Ljoe yelled, just wanting to vent and to have the last say in their argument.

Sighing yet again, Ljoe slumped back down on the couch, thankful that they were alone in the dorm because the other four members have yet to make it back from their respective dates. He'd rather the other four not hear them arguing.

Out of all the couples in Teen Top, the Chunjoe couple was the one who didn't fight very often or even at all. Changjo and Ricky constantly bicker while Niel and C.A.P. had their own little quarrels every now and then. But Chunji and Ljoe always seemed to be the couple that had it together. The couple that didn't need much verbal communication to understand one another. The couple that was naturally close, even without a word spoken.

Sure, like any normal couple Ljoe and Chunji have had their own little arguments. Nothing too serious though. Nothing like this. This felt different from the rest. Ljoe had never shouted at Chunji, albeit he shouted after Chunji not exactly at Chunji, but nonetheless, it was yelling. The fact that Chunji shouted back proved to Ljoe that he had made him upset. Really upset.

And because this had never happened before, he didn't know what to do. It didn't help that he was also feeling rather upset at Chunji himself. Honestly, how could he doubt Ljoe's loyalty? Chunji will always be the only one for him. No matter how famous they get. No matter how busy they get.

It hurt him to be doubted that much by the person he loved the most.


When the other four members found their way back to the dorm after having a blast at their double date, they were shocked to find the lightest and one of the shortest members of Teen Top sprawled on his back on the couch with one leg hooked over the backrest and the other dangling off the edge of the armrest while his arm covered his eyes as he slept.

"Byunghun," Niel was the one to nudge the older one awake, "Hyung, Byunghun-hyung, wake up. You'll catch a cold if you sleep down here."

Groaning, Ljoe rubbed at his eyes before blinking up at four blurry figures. Without contacts or glasses on, and because he'd just been woken up, he could barely see the faces in front of him. But he knew them well enough to imagine the looks on their faces at the moment.

"Hyung," Ricky spoke with worry laced in his tone, "What are you doing sleeping down here? Where's Chanhee-hyung?"

Grumbling a few incoherent words, sounding suspiciously along the lines of 'pabo-Chunji,' Ljoe shook his head to remove the traces of grogginess to properly speak to the other four.

"We had a fight," Ljoe said quietly. Shocked, the other four gasped... Well, it was mostly Niel and Ricky who reacted while C.A.P. and Changjo exchanged worried glances.

"Hyung," Ljoe looked at C.A.P. slightly embarrassed, "Can I sleep in your room tonight? Chunji wants to be alone."

"Yeah, sure," C.A.P. gave Niel a questioning look, non-verbally asking if it was all right. The younger one nodded with a small smile.

"Do you want me to talk to him for you?" Niel offered. Ljoe shook his head in response.

"Not... not tonight, at least. I don't think he wants to talk to anyone right now. He seemed really upset," Ljoe frowned, feeling guilty now instead of angry.

"So I guess Changhyun is sleeping with me and Niel-hyung tonight?" Changjo piped in. Ricky elbowed the taller one and shot him a warning look, not wanting to make Ljoe, who was obviously feeling down about what happened, feel any worse than he already did.

Giving the youngest member a weak smile, Ljoe said, "Yeah, I guess so. Sorry guys, it must be inconvenient for you."

"Ah, it's fine, Hyung. It's no big deal, really. I hope you two sort this out," Changjo patted the elder on his shoulder before tugging at Ricky's hand and pulling him toward the stairs.

"We're gonna go ahead and get ready to go to sleep, goodnight hyungs," Changjo said before proceeding to go up the steps.

"Goodnight, Minsoo-hyung, Niel-hyung, and Byunghun-hyung," Ricky gave them his bright smile but it was much tenser than usual.

Watching the retreating backs of the two youngest members, the other three were left in the quiet living room by themselves.

"Right," C.A.P. was the first to break the silence, "Well we have an early day tomorrow, so we should all get some sleep too."

"Yeah," Niel agreed, "I'm gonna go ahead of you two, goodnight hyungs."

If it were any normal night, Niel would not have thought twice about giving C.A.P. a kiss on the cheek goodnight, but Ljoe was exuding such a miserable vibe that Niel felt it insensitive to do so in front of him. Instead, he gave C.A.P. a pat on his shoulder and a warm smile before leaving, silently telling him with his eyes to talk to Ljoe and do something about this.

C.A.P. nodded in understanding, wordlessly promising to try to fix things. Once Niel left, Ljoe was still sitting on the couch, looking down at the ground, legs drawn apart, elbows on his knees, and hands fidgeting with each other.

Sighing, C.A.P. took a seat next to Ljoe and leaned back against the backrest of the couch, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Ljoe quietly shook his head, "Not yet, at least."

C.A.P. nodded again, in understanding, before letting out a breath, "Well we should head on up too. Like I said, we have an early day tomorrow."

"You can go on ahead, Hyung, I'll stay down here for a little while longer."

"All right, if you say so. Whenever you want to talk, I'm always here for you, okay?" C.A.P. stood up and ruffled Ljoe's hair like a father would to his son before leaving the young man alone.

Letting out an exasperated sigh for what felt like the nth time that night, Ljoe clenched his fists to stop himself from punching or breaking anything. He needed to sleep. He didn't want to think about what happened anymore.

After a few minutes he too made his way up the stairs and readied himself for bed. He quietly padded into C.A.P.'s dark room and saw that the oldest of the group made room for him on one side of his bed.

"Sorry about this, Minsoo-hyung," Ljoe whispered as he crawled on top of the bed, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Byunghun," C.A.P., whom Ljoe thought was already asleep, whispered back, taking Ljoe aback but he smiled, already feeling better because of C.A.P.'s fatherly presence.