Barely a Begining

An Unintentional Mistake (HIATUS)

His feet were soar and he still had a class to teach. The sun shining down on him. On a good day he wouldn’t mind, but today wasn’t a good day. “What the hell did I do?” He screamed at the sun. It shocked him when a car pulled over near him and honked, “Yo Kai!”

The walking boy looked over at the driver through the rolled down window and stared at him as if he was a gift from God. “Have I ever told you I love you Luhan?”

“Many times, now get in, you and I have a class to get back to teaching.” Luhan opened up the passenger door for him.

Kai was grateful to have him as a friend. They met a couple years ago when Luhan came from China with another guy named Lay. Both Chinese guys treated Kai as a little brother.

“So, want to tell me why you’re walking to work?” Luhan glanced over at the tired boy and then back at the road.

“I got a flat tire about half a mile back.” Kai sighed dragging his hand down his face. “You didn’t tell me you were back from Beijing already.”

“I was only staying two weeks, I was hoping you would be able to do the math.”

“What is my number one rule Luhan?” He held up his index finger.

“Never give you math problems outside of your math class.” Luhan responded as he turned into the parking lot. “You would think twenty two years of age you would remember something like that.” Kai scoffed.

“I’ve only know you for five years.”

“And you can name almost everything about me.” Kai flashed Luhan a huge smile.

“Like how you are dating a student?” Luhan smirked. The tanner boy was a little taken aback but then shot back, “Aren’t you dating a seventeen year old?”

“Her maturity is the age of a thirty year old.”

“Gross, what a cougar.” Kai teased getting out of the car. “You know what I meant!” He followed the younger one into the building. “She hasn’t contacted me recently. Actually it has been months.” Now that he thought about it he hasn’t spoken with his girlfriends in about three or four months. Luhan was so busy he hasn’t realized it.

*****

“Wipe down tables one and four, after that you’re done.” Her co-worker ordered her over the counter tossing her a rag.

“Sir yes sir.” She saluted as it came out as a little laugh as she watched him moonwalk back into the kitchen. “Thanks again for recommending me Hyukjae.” She raised her voice a little so he could hear her behind the closed doors.

“Yoona, Yoona, Yoona…” He shook his head sliding over the counter and waltzing over to the girl wiping the table, “I told you to call me Eunhyuk or…” He paused and let out a chuckle, “Or Anchovy. And any friend of Hyoyeon is a friend of mine.”

“Well thanks again.” Yoona continued to talk to her co-worker as she moved onto her next and last table. “Have you ever thought about joining a dance class? Or teaching one?” She sprayed the table, “I mean Hyoyeon is twenty-one and she is doing it. I mean teaching it.”

Eunhyuk gave her a puzzled look but then remembered, “Oh! Sorry I keep forgetting you’re still new around here. I used to work there. I quit a couple of months ago.”

“Seriously?” Yoona stared at him with disbelief. 

It bugged her as to why a great dancer such as Eunhyuk would quit a job that involved dancing. “Why?”

“They weren’t paying equally. My friends, who are your instructors, were getting paid less than others. Especially girl and Chinese instructor, I didn’t find it fair so I said fix it or I leave. They didn’t so I quit. But they did fix it about three months ago so I feel better.” He beamed letting out jazz hands.

Yoona’s respect for him just kept growing. She glanced at her wrist watch and realized it was time, “I’ll see you tomorrow, got to go.” Yoona quickly removed her apron and grabbed her duffle bag from behind the counter.

“You’re too busy for a seventeen year old!” Eunhyuk called out to her on her way out. “Bye!” She waved completely ignoring the elder.

“Bye! Tell Sooyoung she owes me dinner!”

 

Yoona ran down the side walk while pulling her ponytail out. She walked into the small building and bowed at the front desk lady.

“Good afternoon Yoona.”

“Good afternoon Ms. Ku.”

“Yoona….”

The young girl sighed and looked around, “We are in a public place, I can call you Ms. Ku. Hyesun okay?”

“Whatever.” Hyesun rolled her eyes than leaned over the desk, “Have you told your parents about these classes you’re taking?”

Yoona tapped on her chin and looked up pretending to think. “Nope, it never really came up, now that I think about it.”

“So you’re lying to them still?”

“Not exactly. I am attending school next month. I do have a job, a home and I am taking dance classes.” Yoona shrugged heading to the bathrooms to change.

“I hope you know hip hop classes are not ballet classes Ms. Im.” She lectured the younger one.

“What doesn’t kill them won’t kill them.” Yoona shouted closed the door behind her.

*****

“Best boyfriend award goes to you.” Their friend Oh Sehun joked. “Do you know he’s cheating on Taemin and I for Yixing for the showcase?” Sehun pointed at himself and Taemin who was pretending to be hurt.

“Really? I’m a mistress!” Lay cheered for himself. “Boys…” Hyesun warned from the other side of the room, “I know you guys work here, but remember down the hall Mr. Lau is teaching.”

“Sorry Hyesun.” They said simultaneously. “I don’t think he minds.” Luhan shrugged.

They heard a door swing open and a male voice, “Damn right he minds!”

“Go back to teaching Henry!” A different voice was heard from the floor above.

“You make me!”

Once Henry had screamed back a slamming door came and dub-step music grew louder and louder. A loud count down occurred before In sync feet pounded on the floor. 

“How the hell...?” Luhan stared at the ceiling. “These rooms are soundproof...”

“That’s it! Let’s go Donghae!” Henry yelled running up the staircase. A little boy around the age of seven stepped out of Henry’s room holding onto a half sized violin. “Where did Mr. Lau go?”

“He’ll be back soon, just stay and wait.” Taemin reassured the young boy before he nodded and went back inside. They heard a door swing open from the second floor and some screaming along with laughter from the students as well as Henry’s “Stay out of this.” And “Stop laughing.” Before continuing to argue with one of the Senior dance instructors.

“Well anyways,” Luhan drew the attention away from the ruckus on the floor above, “Hate to break it to you... But actually... Kai and I are preforming at the showcase together.”

Sehun blinks a couple of times at Luhan before turning away and holding his hand up, “We are no longer on speaking terms.”


Yoona peered around the corner and saw the group of dance instructors, “Oh... Mr. Luhan is back.” She took noticed before realizing that she cannot pass them without her being noticed. Yoona needed to pass them to get to the stairs to wait for her friends. But she couldn't do that without attracting attention from them. Since it was only her fourth lesson, she was still awkward with them while the other students were comfortable with them. Some more than others.

Quickly she tried walking passed them, but someone was bound to take notice of her, being the only girl in the lobby besides Hyesun.

“Yah! You’re friends with Hyoyeon right?” Kai whipped his head around. Yoona squeezed her eyes shut, back facing the instructors. ‘Damn… Almost made it.’ Slowly she turned around and forced a small smile out, “That is correct.”

Luhan broke away from his conversation with Sehun, which was dealing with the fact that Luhan “hated” him, to look at who Kai was speaking to. You could say he wasn’t expecting that face. He let out a relieved yet aggravated sigh clearly directed at her. Yoona took notice and quickly looked down and puffed her cheeks, “I’m just going to wait over there for her.”

As Kai let her go he turned back to his friend, “What’s up with you? I think you just offended her with your y sigh and crap.”

“Sorry, I just thought she was Seohyun for a moment. Is she a student here?”

“Yup. A transfer from America. Apparently she’s dancing at the showcase with Hyo, Sooyoung and Yuri. Well they asked her to but she said no.” Sehun decided to enter the conversation.

Luhan’s jaw dropped, “Sooyoung and Yuri are our best students, they could teach!”

“Like Luna, but she decided to be a vocal coach instead.” Lay said rolling his eyes. They boys stopped talking as laughter filled the room when five girls stepped inside. “As much as I don’t like shot hair, she looks hot with it.”

“And who are you ladies talking about?” Taemin stood up and rested his arms over Kai’s and Luhan’s shoulders. Kai then whistled, “Who’s the new blonde long haired beauty?”

“Yo, we’re at our work place, you aren’t allowed to flirt with the younger students until after hours. Isn’t that right Luhan?” Taemin dramatically turned to Luhan and with the same amount of amusement he nodded, “That’s quite correct sir. Is that Hyoyeon?”

“Don’t drag me in your situation Kai, Krystal is not someone I want to deal with.” The other blonde held her hands up. Krystal rolled her eyes as she was about to walk past until the trio that were currently standing together shifted so they were right in front of her. She let out a heavy sigh, “Taemin, can you please move out of my way?” She said bitterly.

“Young lady, he is referred to Mr. Lee and be nice.” Kai scolded her and gave her a wink. She scoffed and pushed him to the side causing him to collide with Lay. One of the girls went up to them, “Sorry for her again. But really, stop acting like a Kai.” She told the boy.

“Sulli, she’s the one who started it.” He stared at the blonde Krystal who was walking away. What none of them saw was that she was covering her red face. Kai had the power to make the coldest girl melt. No matter how much Krystal didn’t like Kai, nobody could deny the fact that Kai knew how to act around girls and how to make them feel warm inside, even if he is acting like a douche. It was a gift and a flaw.

“Stop pissing her off, you’re trying to get her to trust you, not hate you even more.” Sulli crossed her arms towards him.

“Yup, best friend dating their dance instructor four years older. If that doesn’t scream trust I don’t know what does.” Hyoyeon whispered sarcastically.


Author's Note: Hey guys sorry for the short chapter. It iis the first chapter so im hoping that it will get longer as it goes. I know its been like a month but i was really busy and i didnt realized i didnt write that much for the first chapter. I will try to make it up to you next time. I dont knoe when the next time im going to update any of my stories, probably before October for just any of my stories because, writing, editing and typing takes a while espeically with a lot of classes going on.

By the way, I know Seohyun wasnt in this first chapter, trust me Seohyun will show up, she is honestly a huge role in this story its just not the time for her to come in yet!

I hope you enjoyed this short chapter, again sorry its so short. But Comment and subscribe!

AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Go watch SNSD's The Boys and Mr. Taxi to get them to 100 million! and Taemin's Danger because I'm in love with that song and go watch Suju's Teasers!!! Go support them and hopefully end this whole stupid mini war going on between Sone's and ELF's anyways till next time!

Other stories : Not Your Average Relationship (Complete) | Different : It's Magic | Blinded Angel | Living an "Average"Life