Final

It's Got A Nice Ring To It

Watanabe Mayu noticed her boyfriend, Nakajima Yuto scribbling something on his textbook and leaned over to see.

"What did you scribble on your book?" Asked Mayu.

Yuto smirked, "Do you want to see?"

Yuto showed Mayu his textbook and Mayu playfully punched his arm.

"It's got a nice ring to it." Smirked Yuto.

Yuto had written the name, Nakajima Mayu, on his book. His surname with Mayu's given name.

"Is this a proposal?" Questioned Mayu, shyly.

Yuto chuckled and smiled mischievously, "Maybe."

Yuto brought Mayu into his embrace and kissed her forehead.

"I don't mind you being Nakajima Mayu though, in fact it has a very nice ring to it." Said Yuto.

Mayu blushed heavily, she never really thought about marriage yet, especially since she was still a second year student in high school.

"Yuto-kun." Blushed Mayu.

Yuto chuckled and ruffled his girlfriend's hair. Mayu pouted and Yuto hugged her again.

Yuto pulled out a small blue box from his pocket and opened it, showing Mayu the contents. Mayu saw two rings inside the box.

"Promise rings, from my parents." Said Yuto.

The ring bands were silver, two silver bands overlapped each other creating a ribbon like loop. A pink emerald was encrusted on Mayu's ring while a blue emerald was encrusted on Yuto's ring. The rings had Mayu and Yuto's names engraved on them. Yuto slipped the smaller one onto Mayu's left ring finger, which fit perfectly. Mayu instinctively but also shyly reached out and slipped the larger one onto Yuto's left ring finger.

"So, you'll be Nakajima Mayu in the future." Teased Yuto.

Mayu pouted but she tapped her ring, "I guess I am."

Yuto chuckled and hugged Mayu close to him with Mayu snuggling against his chest.