Chapter 1

Race to the World's End

 

 

                                                     
 chapter i

 

 

 

 Once every thousand years, a prophet is born to kill the devil. The Seven Houses of hell must compete to kill the prophet to protect the devil with the reward of additional power and dominance. Each House chooses a representative with the Mark to kill the prophet for their house. The demons at the age of 25 undergo a tournament to choose the represenative to reciece mark. 

Now that the prophet's power is increasing, Hell's demons have begun their tournament to choose seven representatives to murder the prophet, gaining the reward of additional power/dominance. 

The battles were already mid way though. Representatives chosen thus far: Jaehyun of the House of Envy, Ahri of the House of Lust, Jin of the House of Greed and Soohyun of the House of Wrath. 

 
Moon Haru watched as competitiors from the house of Sloth battle one another. Demon blood crept along the surace of the rocky arena, flooding over the edges and staining it black and a dirty shade of crimson. The stadium was falling into disrepair from the relentless damage received from the trials over the years. Her time in Hell prolonged that of a human's lifespan, but this was the frist in her time that the competitors from every House were humanoid demons. Each competitor brutally murdered one another and wisped away into shawdowy nothingness, and Haru gulped nervously since her House, the house of Gluttony, would begin their battle next. 
Jung Jiae leaned back alone against the stands opposite of Haru. She wasn't particularly interested in the battle; her eyes scanned around and examined those from the House of Pride. A few were warming up for their battle after the House of Gluttony, so Ji Ae took the time to study her opponents. At the same time, she could feel a few pairs of eyes on her also, for she was not the only one looking for an advantage. 
 Her attention returned to the arena when a hollow chime signaled the end of the battle. The last one standing was Hansol, and he would be the one receiving the House of Sloth's Mark. A thin snake-like shawdow fell from above and slithered around Hansol before piercing into his upper arm. He cried out in agaon, the shadow imprinting the Mark on him. 
Lorem Haru hadn't realized she had held her breath, and signed ut after Hansol fell lipm for a moment before leaving the arena. The, humanoid demons stood around her, making their way towards the arena; the battle of the House of Gluttony was about to begin. 

Upon entering the arena, Haru eyed her opponents. There were at least a dozen others, each with their own jagged daggers or bare hands and relying on their powers. Haru was one of those with a dagger, and she clutched hers tightly, awaiting the signal to begin the battle. 

Ji Ae watched Haru, her friend. Deep down, she was hoping her friend would not lose, but at the same time wishing she would not be one of the other six she might have to kill. Wincing at the sharp screech sound like a banshee, the battle royale commenced, and Ji Ae watched as Haru evaded an immediate end from another player. 

Calling forth her power, lighting crashed down to where Haru stood, the shockwave repellig nearby opponents. She was the frist to call on her power, and soon after, Haru lunged at a foe who was downed, stabbing him in the chest; Haru had the first kill of the round. Her eyes glowered a gold color as she threw her dagger to an enemy across the arena and called down lightning once again, the lightning trailing from her fintertips torwards her dagger that acted as an eletric rod. 

Ji Ae was geuinely impressed by Haru's performance. She had grown much stronger since the last time she watched her spar. Her eyes followed Haru as she ran around the arena collecting dropped daggers from fallen competitiors. A small gasp escaped her lips as an opponent shot fireballs upon the arena, but it was in vain as haru swiftly black flipped out of harm's way. Haru's last backflip was high into the air, and the daggers she collected were charged with electricity, raining down on the remaining competitiors; Haru was victorious. 
As before, the shadow spiraled around Haru before implanting itself into her arm, knocking the petite victor over by sheer force. Haru panted from fatigue and the pain and left the arena, leaving it available for the battle of the House of Pride, for Ji Ae to participate in battle. 

The House of pride, the most aloof House, took the stage upon the arena with a competitive eletcticity that wasn't there previously. Rubble begain shaking violently, and the surrounding inferno was much more active, causing the audience to explode in an uproar of both unease and excitement. The show was only just beginning with the grand finale. 

A banshee's screech intiated the battle, yet none of the participants attacked. If time moved at light's speed, the battle was over before the clock could tick a second off of life. All but one brawler collapsed before dispersing into countless shadowy orbs; Ji Ae was left remaning, her eyes just now opening as if the tournament was nothing but a speck of dust. 

The spectators were in awe and shock, some falling silent while others questioned the event. "What happened?" "Ji Ae wont?" 

Haru only grinned, mumbling to herself, "Jiae~ that's cheating." With her eyes having the ability to see through deception, Haru was the only witness. Ji Ae had craged an illusion and enveloped the arena, making it seem like all was well. In truth, Ji Ae had already elimnated the others, telekinetically striking every vital point in the body with needle-like stones before the battle even began; her shroud of illusion only made it look fair. 

Once again, another victor was imprinted with the Mark. The tournament was over, and the seven representatives were chosen; the hunt for the prophet and quest for power begins. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The morning sun had risen over the horizon, coloring skies different hues of blush pink, orange and the clear cerulean of the ocean. Gently sunlight peeked through the windows of each resident in the small village of Amos. Early-risers with their children set out to tend the fields to prepare for summer's harvest. The innocent bliss permeating the village indicated their obliviousness to the events that had occured below. 

Amos, a name meaning "bearer of burden," is home to the one the legends speak of, the one destined t obear the burden of humanity. The prophet, chosen by bloodline and the shadows from the weapon itself, resides within a shrine north of the village where they act as head of Amos, thus the "lead bearer of burden." 

A series of knocks followed by a voice echos from the door, "Lilith?" Are you awake?" 

The door opened suddenly and harshly, revealing the room inhabitant with a rather sour and stern expression, "Do not call me by that name, Jong Suk." 

"Alright, got it." the male laughed with his hands up, as if surrending. "I just came to check on you. It's time for the monthly ceremony." 

Lilith's eyes pierce his. Jong Suk may be her personal guard and assistant and know a few tricks with sword, but she couldn't stand the fact that he was so easygoing. Granted, he didn't have the weight of the world set on his shoulders since he was a child. Still, it was so infuriating that she might cut off his head one of these days. 

The pair head for another room, restricted from all but Lilith and Jong Suk and guarded by two soldiers. On the door was a seal to trap in the dark enenry, acting as a barrier between evil and purity. Lilith nods a greeting to both before entering the room followed by Jong Suk. The room was dark, lit faintly by candles set around the room and a heavy aroma of incense lingered. Jong Suk settled i na corner of the room as Lilith slowly approached a box that was locked by mutliple chains and various seals and special tags. 

Concentrating, Lilith's eyes closed as her hands clasped over her chest. As soon as Jong 's presence i the room disappeared from he mind and her thoughts were still, a cascade of wispy shadows gushed out from the slit of the box and surrounded her. She mumured a prayer as Jong Suk caarefully watched the dakrness from a pillar around her and closed in, trapping her in. Once lilith's prayer had ended, her hands opened and seemingly reached out, inviting the darkess in. She released a pained gasp as the shadows reached into her chest and searched for her sould. Lilith panted heavily and desperately for air; it felt like the dark hand tightly clutched her soul and yanked it out of her body, leaving her body to fall limp to the floor before retreating to the box. Her head felt dizzy and everything was spinning. 


"Lilith!" Jong Suk rushed to her side and held her, "Hey! Hang in there. You did great." But Lilth could only respond with a weak smile before losing consciousness. Jong Suk siged, wondering what he could do to help her more. He no longer wanted Lilith to be so serious and passing out every month. Instead, he lifted her up and headed back towards her room. 

 
 

 

 
 

 

note;

 

- Hey it's Siliver with the frist chapter. It's not much, but it's a start. We'll also change the layout and such when we're not lazy. Anyways, we ended up deciding that I write the first couple chapters to get it started since Superbabo is a babo and won't remember to write the fanfic and Noona's adding some stuffies to the description and other stuffies. But yeah, tell us how it is? c: