Final

Bandages

Sato Shori was running on the soccer field, training for the upcoming school soccer season with the rest of his teammates. But that was before he twisted his ankle and scraped his left knee on the running track around the field. Shori clutched his left knee in pain and his teammates brought him to the bleachers to check on his bruise.

"That's one bad bruise, your ankle should be fine but you should go to the clinic just in case." Said their captain, Nakayama Yuma.

Two of his teammates Nakajima Kento and Kikuchi Fuma offered to bring him to the school clinic. The two helped Shori to the school clinic where they helped him sit down on the bed. The school nurse, Suzuki Mariya, checked on the bruise and Shori's ankle.

"Sakura-chan, can you get me an ice pack?" Called Nurse Mariya, to a girl arranging files at the cupboards.

The girl nodded and opened up the refrigerator and got out two ice packs. Sakura placed them on Shori's ankle, one on each side. Sakura also grabbed the first aid kit and cleaned Shori's bruise while Nurse Mariya spoke to Kento and Fuma about Shori's injury.

Shori glanced at the girl who was cleaning his bruise. He knew who he was, she was Miyawaki Sakura who was in the same grade as him. Sakura was famous for her writings which won her a few awards in several national writing competitions. Shori noted how delicate she was in cleaning and applying medicine onto his wound. Shori secretly smiled as Sakura bandaged up his bruise. Honestly, Shori had a secret crush on the girl which no one knew about except his older sister, Sato Amina.

"Sato-san, your injury isn't serious but you won't be playing any soccer for the next two weeks. I'll let you rest here for a while so that the ice packs can cool down your nerves and muscles around your ankle." Said Nurse Mariya.

Sakura kept away the first aid kit before changing the ice packs at Shori's feet while Kento and Fuma went back to the school field to explain Shori's condition to their coach. Sakura went back to arranging the files, but she changed the ice packs at Shori's feet every twenty minutes for the next hour.

After an hour, Nurse Mariya asked Shori to get up and take a few steps to check if her could walk properly. Shori was able to take a few steps before calling his parents to take him home. Shori's ankle wasn't as swollen as before, so he could walk but he had to walk slowly otherwise it will worsen his sprain.

Shori's older sister and father arrived to pick him up. Sato Amina had her brother's school bag and their father helped Shori stand up.

"Sato-san, be careful." Smiled Sakura.

Shori gave her a grateful smile before leaving the clinic with his sister and father.


The next day...

Shori came to school as usual but his walking speed had slowed considerably due to his ankle. It wasn't swollen anymore but he couldn't walk too quickly otherwise he would cause the sprain to worsen. Shori slowly walked up the staircase but not before chancing upon a commotion at the staircase.

"Miyawaki-chan! I heard that Sato-san visited the clinic while you were on duty. You didn't do anything to him right?" Spoke an arrogant female voice.

Shori frowned, he knew that anyone who was able to get close to any member of the soccer or basketball clubs would be interrogated by the school's "Queen Bees". Shori knew what they could do and he couldn't just leave Sakura there.

Shori walked slowly and quietly up to the girls. Shori noticed that Sakura's usual twin tails were not there and her hair was messy. Shori figured that the girls must have pulled Sakura's twin tails and messed up her hair. Shori clenched his fist and banged his fist on the doors of an empty locker. The girls jumped in shock seeing Shori clenching his fist and glaring at them.

"Shori-kun!" Stuttered one of the girls.

"She was the one who started it." Said the leader.

Shori continued glaring at them, "Don't lie, I saw everything. You girls were the ones who started it first. And don't call me Shori, I don't even know you personally."

Shori's tone was serious and cold, and so was his glare. The girls quickly scurried off and Shori turned to Sakura.

"Miyawaki-san, are you alright?" Asked Shori.

Sakura nodded shakily, "I'm fine. Sato-san, arigato."

Shori eyed Sakura before grabbing her hand, much to her shock, and dragged her to the school clinic.

"You have a few cuts, you should get them check by Nurse Mariya." Said Shori as he dragged Sakura to the school clinic.

Shori picked up the first aid kit and handed it to Nurse Mariya who applied the medicine on Sakura's small cuts. Shori sat on the bed beside Sakura's as Nurse Mariya placed small plaster casts on Sakura's cuts.

"That should do the trick." Said Nurse Mariya.

"I should really speak to the principal about this, I can't always have students being sent to the clinic after being targeted by the "Queen Bees"." Said Nurse Mariya.

Nurse Mariya went to get a new pack of plasters for the first-aid kit.

"Miyawaki-san, sorry about what happened to you earlier." Spoke Shori.

Sakura shook her head, "It's alright, I'm not really affected by it."

Shori noticed that there was another cut on Sakura's forehead. Shori grabbed the first aid kit and took the last plaster in the box and pasted it on Sakura's cut.

Sakura was shocked by Shori's sudden touch and their close proximity. Shori gently pasted the plaster on her forehead, Shori gently brushed her fringe. Sakura felt her cheeks heating up at their close proximity. Sakura did have a crush on Shori, but it wasn't due to his popularity or anything. They were classmates in their first year and Sakura sat behind Shori. Sakura was attracted to his kindness, Sakura found that Shori could make her smile whenever she was sad.

"Sato-san, arigato." Said Sakura, shyly.

Shori smiled and reached out to ruffle Sakura's hair. Sakura felt her heart thumping wildly upon Shori's touch. Shori smiled as Sakura combed her hair to keep it straight and neat.

"Miyawaki-san, you should let your hair down more often. You look better with your hair down." Said Shori.

Sakura considered the situation since her twin tails was already messed up. Sakura slowly removed her hair accessories and let her hair down. Shori grinned as Sakura brushed her hair.

"Miyawaki-san, do you happen to have someone who you like?" Asked Shori, out of the blue.

Sakura nodded slowly, "Do you, Sato-san?"

Shori grinned, "I do, but too bad she doesn't know or notice it. Do you want to know who she is?"

Sakura was astounded, she certainly didn't expect Shori to want to confess his secret crush to anyone, much less to her.

Shori took a seat beside her and slowly leaned in, gently pressing his lips against her forehead. Sakura jerked back slightly, before her arms wrapped themselves around Shori's waist.

Shori smirked, "Miyawaki-chan, you wouldn't happen to like me back would you."

Sakura blushed and nodded shyly. Shori smiled and hugged Sakura close.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you from now on." Whispered Shori.

Sakura nodded shyly and Shori continued hugging her.