Extra Work

Extra Work - Myungsoo

Scanning the black letters on the white paper, you moved your blue pen between your fingers while you read the message on the paper. Marking some places with your blue pen, you flipped the paper over and worked on the next page. Page after page, you sat on the hardwood floor while the loud music pulsated through the air. Rolling your wrists, you glanced up and saw the seven boys dancing into the mirror in front of them.

Watching their fluid movements flowing from one move to another, a small smile pulled on the corner of your lips, but as your eyes scanned their toned bodies, your eyes landed on the stern glare of Myungsoo in the mirror. Moving your eyes downward, you bit your bottom lip and looked back down at your paperwork, jotting down a few changes in the margins you worked diligently until the manager clapped his hands.

"Great work today boys" The manager clapped loudly, expressing how pleased he was with how hard they worked today. "Cool down and rest for the rest of the day" The manager left those words with the boys before he opened the door and walked out.

The clicking of the door in its frame resonated in the room before Sunggyu sat on the ground and Sungyeol sprawled out on the wood floor while he was trying to catch his breath. Hoya walked over and passed out towels to everyone while he danced slowly and closed his eyes while they wiped the sweat from their glossy skin.

Zipping of bags and twisting of caps were the only sounds heard besides their heavy breathing. Myungsoo pulled himself up off of the ground, shuffling over to his backpack, he pulled out a black folder before he walked over to you and dropped it on the ground next to your legs.

"Finish this by tomorrow" Myungsoo ordered, your eyes looked up at him hovering over you. Nodding in agreement, he tossed the white towel over his shoulder, looking over at the folder that had fallen from his grip, you picked it up with such care. Flipping the black folder open, you saw all of these forms and your regular paperwork that you fill out for the group.

Gathering all of your paperwork, your arms were full while you walked towards the door. Dongwoo opened the door for you while holding back the members so that you could leave first. Bowing to Dongwoo thankfully, you walked through the door. Turning right and walking down the hallway, you heard the other members leave going the opposite direction.

Looking over your shoulder, your steps slowed while you watched Myungsoo and the rest of the members walk down the hall tiredly. Hoya and Dongwoo chatting about the moves in the dance that they could work on while Sungyeol happily babbled to Woohyun and Sungjong about the latest dramas that he had been watching. Sunggyu and Myungsoo walked in silence. Once they turned the corner, you headed towards your small desk, resting the many papers in your arms on your oak desk.

Taking a seat in your chair, you let out a relieved sigh before you rolled the chair up to the desk and resumed working on your paperwork. Hours ticked by minutes, light turned to darkness before your eyes. Flipping on your desk light, you glanced at the time on your phone.

10:45 pm

Pushing yourself away from the desk, you stood to your tired feet before you walked to the break room to make yourself some tea. Trying to keep yourself awake, you listened to the water come to a boil, pulling a mug from the cabinets you poured the water into the cup that already had a tea bag hanging over the lip of the cup. Returning the kettle back to the counter, you picked up the warm cup as your fingers gently lead the tea bag around in the hot water.

Slowly making your way back to your desk, the emergency lights lit your way while you rounded several corners before you finally arrived at your small desk still covered in paperwork.

Setting your mind to finishing your work before you left, you pulled yourself up to the desk again before you took a sip of your tea. Lifting your black pen up, you worked hard on everything that you had to do. Modifying some documents on the computer, you were nearly halfway through the stack of paperwork when you looked at the time.

1:25 am

Stifling a yawn, you held your hand over your mouth letting yourself take a moment to re inflate your lungs, rubbing your eyes gently, you then proceeded to take off your jacket that hung over your shoulders. Placing on the back of your chair, you let your hair down and your fingers happily brushed through the long wavy strands of your hair.

Gathering all of your hair over one shoulder you went back to work under the light of your lamp. Quietly, you worked listening to the scratching of your pen against the paper.

Infinite came into the studio late that morning, filing into the dance studio, they started to stretch and warm up while Myungsoo lifted his back from his shoulder. Turning his head to look at you, but once he found your place in the corner empty, he spun around on his toes and scanned the room.

"Where is _______?" Myungsoo called to .

"I don’t know" Dongwoo stated while the other members just shrugged their shoulders.

"Why?" Woohyun inquired.

"She has the paperwork that I need" Myungsoo snarled, sliding his phone into his grey sweat pants, he walked to the door and turned right, going to the manager’s office to ask where you were.

Strutting down the hallway, he slipped his hands into his pockets as he walked. Turning around several corners, he walked through the open glass door. Glancing over at the desk to his right, he walked right past before he stopped in his tracks, his eyes widened before he turned around to do a second look.

Tilting his head gently, he slowly walked behind your desk, your tired body rested on the desk, your head pressed on your folded arms, your beautiful hair over one shoulder and your jacket hanging on the back of your chair.

”________?” Myungsoo called softly, hesitantly reaching out to wake you, however when his eye caught the faint shine of the black folder of his he reached for that instead.

Carefully pulling the document out from under your finished pile, he opened the folder and pulled out the first page, folding over page after page, he saw them all completed to perfection. Everything was how it should be, but when he looked down at you, he leaned over and brushed some stray hairs behind your ear.

"Did you stay awake all for me?" He questioned with a soft chuckle lining his words. Myungsoo’s chocolate eyes gently moved over your soft skin of your face, taking in this rare sight.

"I’m sorry, I didn’t think that I would cause you to not get enough sleep" He whispered his fingers softly brushed against your warm skin, a small smile pulled on his lips before he looked away and pulled his hand away slowly. Humming at the loss of his touch you gently moved, his eyes were locked on you.

Stretching gently, you let out a yawn, covering your mouth with your hand, you turned and looked at the man that was standing beside you.

"C-Can I help you?" You questioned him after you cleared your throat.

"I was just here to pick up my documents" Myungsoo showed you his folder that was in his hands already.

"I see, I hope they are up to your high standards" You ran your fingers through your hair before you stood up and bowed to him. "If you will excuse me, I have some other paperwork to deliver."

Gathering the right manilla folders in your arms, you stood up and started to walk past him, yet when something strong wrapped around your wrist you stopped in your tracks.

"Thank you" Myungsoo looked down at you with a gentle smile when your eyes looked up and met his, he smiled brighter, "for everything."

A smile begged your lips to let it shine, instead you just nodded your head.

"I am sorry that I was so mean to you, making you do so many unnecessary things for me. I am really sorry. I just…" Myungsoo bit his bottom lip while his eyes moved from yours and dropped to his hand gripping your wrist, letting his hand move from your wrist.

"Just…" You probed more, wanting to know what he was going to say next.

"I just… wanted you to notice me" Myungsoo moved his head to one side then the other before he finally looked you in the eyes.

"Notice you? I already do that though" You giggled while you voice got quiet and your cheeks started to tint pink.

"Y-You do?" His eyes widened a little, looking into his eyes, the brown eyes that you looked into gently sparkled.

"Mhmmm" You nodded your head as that smile that so desperately wanted to show itself, did. A matching smile shined on his face as he nodded in happiness.

"W-Well, I am really sorry that I made you do all of that unnecessary work." Myungsoo rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand.

"It is okay" You brushed it off, like you usually did.

"No it isn’t" Myungsoo mumbled before he turned his body, naturally facing him, he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his arms. "I’m sorry, I didn’t want it to go this far." He whispered into your ear.

With the sudden close proximity to Myungsoo, you found your heart beating rapidly, your hands stayed at your side but they slowly found their way around him.

"I promise, I won’t do this to you again. I’m sorry _______-ssi" He whispered gently rocking you.

"Myungsoo, it is okay" You comforted him as his head rested against yours. Pulling away a few seconds later, he looked down into your eyes.

"Would you like some help delivering the paperwork?" He asks you with soft, kind eyes, different eyes that you weren’t used to seeing when you looked at him.

"I would love some" You smiled, handing him half of your pile, you smiled as the two of you walked around and talked to each other while helping you as much as he knew how to. From now on he wanted to treat you the way he felt about you, with only love and kindness towards you.