Chapter 1

The Path We Crossed

Yuri's POV:

My name is Kwon Yuri. I'm 24 years old this year. I lost my mother when I was 12. It felt like it was yesterday. Her warm kind heart had been permantly stamped into my heart. My mom once told me that if you always smile, the world will admit defeat. I remember my mother once told me that when I grow up I can be anything I want. I want to be strong. I want to be pretty.  I want to be pretty. I want to be kind. I want to be understanding. I want to be talented. I want to be happy. I want to be just like my mother. My dad remarried 2 years after my mother death. Step- mother brought along her separate daughter. She have long beautiful straight hair. She have a warm smile. The one that kind of melt your heart. She's 23. I envy her and step-mother relationship.

"Yuri~ah!!!"

I ran to auntie room and knock before entering.

"Yes auntie?"

"Get me my tea." She said coldly not looking up from the magazine.

I look around and spot the cold tea lying on her desk beside her bed. I walked in and hand it to her. She yanked it away.

"You call this tea? Why is it so cold?" She angrily threw the cup at me.

The cup met the surface of the floor and break into million of small pieces. I carefully pick up piece by piece.

"Umma!"

Seohyun poked her head in through the door.

"Seo, come sit next to me." Auntie scoot over and pat the seat next to hers.

Seohyun ran over ignoring my existence.

"Umma, I got invited to Minho Welcome back party." She excitedly said.

Auntie dropped her magazine and immidiately grabbed onto Seohyun arms. " Minho? Choi Minho?"

Seohyun nodded. They both squealed.

Ah, Choi Minho. The only son of the Choi. One of those rich boy who thinks they're all that. Thinking the world then revolves around money. What do they see in them.

SH: Unnie, come with me. You have to come.

YR: Yah Seohyun. That's not my places.

Seohyun pouted after hearing my answer.

Daddy then enter the room and greeted us with kisses.

"How was work?" Auntie cheerfully greeted him taking his coat into one hand.

"Splendid." He answer.

SH: Daddy, help me please Yuri unnie to go with me to Minho Welcome Back party.

YR: Seohyun, I already told you I'm not suited there.

Daddy: There's no choice. We're all going.

YR: Why?

Daddy: Mr. Choi asked me to bring my 2 lovely daughters. He was hoping that one of you would  be marry into their family. But Mrs. Choi really like Seohyun so I'm thinking Seohyun.

Seohyun jumped in happiness.

Daddy: Today's is the day where Minho is coming back from the U. S. after 5 years. We all have to do.

Auntie: Seohyun~ah, you have to be super beautiful today.

SH: Of course umma. It's Minho. I have to go get ready.

Seohyun ran out the room.

Daddy: You should too Yuri~ah.

YR: Yes daddy. I'll be excuse now.

I walked out the door closing it behind me. What should I wear? I never been force to go to anything like this before. Only if mother was here. I wish I could have gone....no no Yuri. You can't. You have to live for him.

Flashback:

2 days after mother death I went to the lake behind out house. I stare at the sky with deep thoughts. I then decided I wanted to be with my mom. I walk into the lake. Every step I take got me closer and closer to my mom. Until it was deep enough. Closing my eye. I then lost oxygens. Everything around me became unknown. Me and the lake are now one. When I woke up, everything was blury especially him.

"Everything will be okay. Things will figure itself out one way or another. There's no need to remain silent forever. You have to live because there's people that need you." He spoke with kind eyes.

Like that he walked away and out of my life forever. That's it. I would never married anyone beside him.

My heart had spoken and it chose him. No one but him.

He's my hero. I will live, just because that once our path had crossed again. We'll be walking side by side.

End of Flashback.

But that was 12 years ago. Not once did I meet him again. Where can he be? I heard a knock on my door.

YR: Please come in.

SH: Unnie, I know that you don't have anything to wear so I brought you this.

Behind her was a beautiful white sleeveless, short dress. It was flowy at the bottom. There was rimestones around the neck and around the waist. I frowned. Am I good enough to wear that?

SH: Why are you frowning? Do you not like it?

YR: No that's not it. It's because I don't think the dress suit me.

SH:Unnie, it'll look beautiful on you. Promise.

She smiled at me and I return it. Oh how lucky I am to have a sister like that.

SH: I have to go get ready. I haven't even shower yet.

She rushed out closing the door behind her. I laughed. Alright Kwon Yuri. There's no turning back now.