fate.destiny.soulmate

Soulmate : Series

a/n : It all started here.
        This is not a Bigbang fanfic. Just to spice up the story.
        (I can't find my original photo banner for this story. Mianhe)

 

 

She walked briskly, afraid to get late for her class. The next thing she knows she's on her and staring at her bleeding knee. Someone is tying a bandage on her knees.
"I'm really sorry," the boy apologized. "I wasn't looking where I was going,"
She was speechless. The pain from her knee was unbearable.
"Please, let me off. I need to hurry. Here," he handed her his necklace and left. The necklace looked expensive, not just the ordinary ones kids play with.

**** 10 years later****

"Sir, why do I have to go?" she complained to their adviser.
"The rest of the staff were sent to their respective events. If you want to maintain your position, I suggest you better go," it is more like a threat.
"Then I am letting go of the position," the threat didn't work at all.
Their adviser glared at her. "for real?" he was surprised at her answer. "Look, there's no one to cover this event and it's your forte. It's only you who can do this."
She sighed. "there you go again. Sweet talking."
She accepted that their adviser won again. She was being sent to cover the National annual highschool basketball competition. "When this is done, I am leaving the organization. I need to focus on my college entrance exam,"
"Deal" the adviser agreed.
"ugh!" she sighed deeply. She's worried about the event. it's not that it's her first time but she's not focused on it this time. Her mind was full of college entrance exam and which university to attend. "Might as well relax and get some shots outside before the games start,' she thought and walked out of her room. 'hmm, beautiful weather." she focused her camera on the trees beside the road.
"What the..." She was on the ground.
"Captain, you okay?"
"Min Jung," Group of guys crowded on her.
She was pushed forward and just realized her back is lying in someone's arm. She got up immediately and brushed her bum. The guys crowded and helped the guy on the ground. She moved and looked closely at the guy. Her eyes widened. His elbow was bleeding. She shoved her way and kneeled beside the guy. "You're a basketball player right?" he nodded. "Will somebody call medical assistance? This guy won't be able to play if this gets worse. It's just a bruise. You won't die but it will bother you while playing. Here," she took her silk headband and tied to it to his elbow. The nurse will tell you what to do anyways," She stood up and faced the group. "What happened?"
"I threw the ball to Mi Jung," One guy admitted. I thought he was looking.
"You threw a ball?" she repeated.
"I thought he was looking and it bounced and it hit you. He ran to save you from hitting the cement," the boy explained.
"Oh yeah. ! My camera," She suddenly remembered her camera. Someone handed her the camera. "Her eyes widened and started to scream.
"I'm sorry," the captain apologized. "you might have let it go when you fell down,"
"Dammit!" she can't control her anger. "This is my life. Do you understand that?" she yelled at the captain. "How do you think I will do my job with this broken camera?"
***** 8 years later****
"damn!" she started cursing. She got a memo from the higher ups regarding the shows she was handling. The ratings were slowly going down. If she won't get it back on the roll, the show will be axed. "Dammit!" she's desperate how to pull back the ratings.
"Oh Noona? What's up? It's not you calling me. I'd be lucky if you accept my invitations," Seung Hyun met her at their favorite bar.
"I'm in trouble," She said.
"Huh? What did you do? Oh my God!" Seung Hyun reacted.
"My show's rating are slipping. I need you. Just say yes and I'll handle everything at my side."
"But my agency will,..." Seung Hyun was hesitant.
"I know that's why I am asking you directly. If you can talk with your manager about this. I can't offer a big fee for your appearance."
"I'll let you know tomorrow," Seung Hyun raised his glass. "How are you doing?" She just shrugged. "Noona, we have a concert coming."
"Hmmm, I know and I know why you want me to go. I will with the condition that what I'm asking you will have a positive result,"
"You're the best Noona," He hugged her.
"Get your hands off me before I throw you in the floor and get your face on the front page tomorrow morning," She said in a hard voice.
Seung Hyun withdrew. "That's why you don't have a boyfriend,"
"One more. I'll drag you outside," she warned. "how's Jiyong?"
Seung Hyun smiled wickedly. "hmmmm, I knew it. You have something to GD right?"
"Lee Seung Hyun!" her voice went up and made heads turn to their direction. "let's go," she grabbed Seung hyun and walked out of the bar. She opened the passenger seat and dumped him there.
"Noona, I was just kidding," Seung Hyun was like a kitten ready to be eaten by the lion.
"Put your seatbelt on." She started the car and speeded.
"Noona, I'm sorry," Seung Hyun was apologetic.
"Ha... Lee Seung Hyun, if you really are, go get me rice cake from that vendor," she pulled over near some streetfood stalls. Seung Hyun, with out wasting time jumped out of the car and came back with bag of rice cake.
She laughed at Seung Hyun. "You're really that easy to get tricked."
"Noona,"
"Your ex just entered the bar and I know you don't want to meet her." She explained.
Seung Hyun breathed in relief. "Phew! I really thought you got mad at me. But admit it, noona, you got a crush on Jiyong hyung right?"
"No. I like TOP better,"
"Ohhh, I'll get hyung to date you. trust me," Seung Hyun laughed.
"And that's not funny. Wanna bet?" She smiled wickedly. "If TOP and I get to date I'll do whatever you ask but if we won't you'll be my slave,"
"Noona, isn't that too much?" Seung Hyun was afraid of what she might ask him to do. She's scary when it comes to fooling around.
"I wasn't the one who started this," she started the car. "I'll drop you off. Don't forget to call me tomorrow. This is important to me."

She was able to pull the ratings back. Now she's working her to stay afloat. She almost didn't have time for herself. She won the bet for the reason that she don't have time but Seung Hyun said she lost it and asked her to be her slave for a day.
" Seung Hyun, I don't have much time. Let's get it done. I need to finish next week’s plan."
"The boys are here." Seung hyun opened the door. The four shouted happy birthday.
She rolled her eyes and stood still. She checked her cellphone. "Oh !" she cursed.
"Noona, I'll be away tonight so I decided to celebrate your birthday today and I dragged the four to come. I know you will be celebrating again tomorrow." Seung Hyun handed her a bouquet of roses.
She smiled shyly and suddenly ashamed of herself. She forgot it's her birthday the next day. Without warning she threw a big hug to Seung Hyun and cried. "Thank you. Thank you so much,"
"Don't be so dramatic noona. You'll mess up your make up." Seung Hyun more.
"Sorry," she faced the group. "thank you for coming and I apologize for Seung Hyun dragging you from your time. "That's why I love this kid more than anyone. He never fails to make me smile."
"Why don't you two date each other?" Dae sung teased and laughed.
"Me? dating this immature?" She laughed. "You want me to babysit?"
"Noona, don't you have a huge crush on Ji yeong hyung?" Seung Hyun rapped back.
She glared at her. "You shut your big mouth or I'll get that girl to go your apartment in a jiffy,"
They all laughed and started smearing icing in every other's face.

"Have you reached her?" Dae sung asked. "The movie will be starting in 10 minutes."
"She confirmed it yesterday. She's not the kind who confirms and won't come and she'll yell at me if I call her now and she's on her way," Seung hyun defended.
"Just call her," TOP said.
Seung Hyun dialled her number. "Noona, where are you?" he spoke when the phone was picked up. He paused. "Huh? Who is.. hospital? Oh.. I'm quite in a difficult situation right now. I'll ask someone to come over."


"Doc, we have an emergency," the nurse caught him by the door.
"Doc Lee Jin is in," He answered.
"Doc Lee Jin has 2 patients at the ER, you need to see this patient. It's appendicitis,"
"I'll just go grab my coat. Get all the data and fill me later," he ran back to his office.
"She came alone and gave us info about herself. She also signed the waiver for the surgery. We put her down coz she was so much in pain," the nurse informed him.
"Strong woman." he commented. "Did she gave any contact person?"
"Nothing Doc. We went over her purse but her phone is locked. I got someone to watch over it in case someone will call,"
"It's definitely appendicitis, inform the OR and we'll be there in 10 minutes." he took the chart from the nurse and went to the nurse station. "Anyone called to the phone left by Nurse Hee Jung?"
"I was about to page her. I think it's her brother. He said he'll send someone over."
"Thank you. We're taking her to the OR now. If her relatives come, let them know," He walked towards the OR. "Is everything ready?" He pulled on his gloves.
"Yes Doc. I'll just take her necklace off ." Another nurse lifted the patient's head.
He jerked when he saw the necklace. "Wait,"
"Doc?"
"Document all her belongings and have them sent to my office," he ordered.
He tried hard to concentrate on the operation but the image of the necklace kept flashing in his head. 'who is this woman wearing his necklace,'
"Doc, you okay?" one of the nurse wiped his sweats.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm probably just tired. Stitch up and bring her chart to me," he left the OR. He went straight to his office. The patient's belonging were at her office. He picked the ziplock bag with the necklace and stared at it. It's definitely the necklace that he used to own. He can't remember where he lost it. "Yoon Hyun Ae, Yoon Hyun Ae. Who are you"
"You're awake," Dr. Min Jung checked on the patient after an hour of the surgery. "There are things I need to discuss with you." He sat beside the table and stared at the patient. " Miss Yoon Hyun Ae, you're case is quite sensitive. May I ask what you do for living?"
"I work at the TV station. I produce a TV show."
"That's stressful." he said. "

"Noona," Seung Hyun, Dae and TOP rushed to the hospital after the movie premiere. "Noona, are you insane?" he was obviously mad.
She looked at him innocently. "How did the premier go?"
"Yoon Hyuna Ae!" Seung Hyun's tone rose in anger. "You should have at least called me or anyone than driving yourself to the hospital,"
"V, calm down. She's fine. Stop acting like his dad. You're way too young," TOP tapped Seung Hyun's shoulder.
Her face became sour but recovered immediately. "Thank you TOP. At least someone is thinking here,"
"Noona, haist!" Seung Hyun scratched his head. "Forget it. That's why you need to get someone to take care of you and get married,"
"Lee Seung Hyun!" she screamed and felt the pain. "Ouch,...get this kiddo out of my sight or I swear I'll have another surgery,"
"Noona, I am getting you to matchmaking dates," Seung Hyun said instead.
"Lee Seung Hyun," she glared. "I swear when I get out of this bed, I'll make your life a hell,"
"Seriously, I'd get you two marry this instant," Dae sung in.
"TOP, please get these 2 out of my room," she looked at TOP
"Noona, seriously, Why don't you just give up your job and accept your dad's offer. You're not taking care of yourself."
She grabbed the pillow beside her and threw at Seung Hyun.
"Fine, get mad at me but you have to at least listen to me. I'm sure you didn't even tell your dad your here. I am going straight to see him." Seung hyun was the first to the door.
"V, aren't you harsh at her," TOP opened and started the car.
"I know I am. You don't know her, Right now I know she's crying,"
"She's a strong woman," Dae said.
"That's what you think. I grew up with her and yes, she has strong side and her weak side is worst." Seung Hyun said and answered his phone.
"Ya! Lee Seung Hyun! get your back here! You don't have the right to run my life,....ouch" She was screaming.
Much that he wanted to ran back at the hospital, he restrained himself. "Noona, I think it's better for you to talk it out with your father. I'll see you tomorrow," he hung up.

"Really, Noona?" Seung Hyun was beaming at Hyun Ae's news. She nodded. "Thank God! You came to your senses. What did the old man say?"
"Like you don't know my father." she rolled her eyes. "Ah, are the boys busy? let's go for a drive."
"Hmmmm, I am convinced you are inlove with Jiyong hyung. Hey, I haven't seen you wear the necklace I gave you on you birthday,"
Hyun Ae suddenly touched her neck and got up. "Seung Hyun, did any from the hospital staff handed you any necklace when I had the surgery?"
"hmm? why you're missing something?"
"You remember the pendant I had the necklace customized? I wore it the day I went to hospital. It's missing,"
"It's probably in your house. Hospital documented the belongings and give it back to the owner. Check your room,"
"Maybe it's in my bag." she sat down. "Next week is my last week at the station. After that, it's either I will be busy or I will have a lot of free time to bug you."
"We will be going to Japan next month," Seung Hyun stuck his tongue to Hyun Ae.

Hyun Ae checked all her stuff but can't find the necklace. She called the hospital and the nurse on duty told her to visit the hospital to ask the nurse in charge.
"Doc will be here be here shortly," the nurse ushered her to the doctor's office.
"Neat office." her gaze was caught by a photo. She was about to pick it up when the nurse came in.
"Miss, I apologize. Doc was held up in his clinic. "
"Hmmm, what's with this photo?" she asked.
"Ah, doc bragged about that lucky charm. He never parted with it and had it with him everytime he had a game. He bragged that head band led them to victory during their highschool match."
Hyun Ae just nodded her head. "Oh..No way," she picked her purse and left the hospital. Her mind wandered. She can’t be mistaken. That headband was hers and it was given by her bestfriend in highschool. "How the hell did it...no way! Basketball." she leaned back. "That was him?" She made a soft laugh.
"lee Seung Hyun, is it your doing?" Hyun Ae was on the phone. The look on her face clearly showed her irritation.
"What again?"
"I am going to a matchmaking date. Did you arrange this?"
"Why are you always picking on me?" Seung Hyun whined. "I probably did something in my previous life that I have to suffer because of you,"
"Cut the whinning, did you or did you not,"
"Noona, I didn't do it. I was in Japan for the whole time.'
"Wait till you get back," she threatened.

Hyun Ae stepped back when the guy stood up to acknowledge her. "Doctor?"
He snickered. "Yoon Hyun Ae? Nice meeting you. My name is Kim Min Jung,"
"Doctor right?"
"hmm, yes. I see you read my profile,"
"No, I was in your hospital with appendicitis a month ago. You're the one who attended to me,"
"Oh, yeah, yeah... You look different with the hospital clothes and this," he joked.
"This is interesting," Hyun ae commented. "Who arranged this for you?"
"Uh, my mom. she kept bugging me that I should get married. You know parents when their children pass the age of 25,"
"I understand," She sipped at her drink. "Oh, by the way I was in the hospital the other day. I am guessing that there’s something that is missing from my stuff. I am sure I was wearing a necklace the day I drove to the hospital and I cannot find it in my things,"
Jung min twitched. "Hmmm, I think I saw it in my office. Might have dropped since it's the last thing they took off from you,"
"Oh great! I thought I lost it," she sighed in relief.
"It has a pretty and unique pendant. Where did you get it?'
"That I'm not sure too. I had it since I was a kid. The pendant is pretty and it just grew on me. Mom said I was carrying it with me when I went home with my knee badly bleeding."
Jung min suddenly remembered. 'holy . this is the girl from that time? How she'd grown and become pretty' he thought.
"Doc, are you Ok?" she waved her hand in front of her.
"Oh yeah. Hmm, is there something you want to do?" he asked.
"I don't know what they do in arranged dates. Any idea?"
"Let's go for a drive," he suggested.
"Good idea. I want to feel the country side air. What do you think?"
"Call"

"Dad, who arranged the date?" Hyun Ae asked her father.
"Oh, how did it go?" Her father asked back instead of answering.
"He's Ok." Hyun ae answered bluntly.
"hmmm, this kid grew up so well. so, is he something you will consider?'
"we just met. he's nice. we'll see if we can go on seeing each other,"

"hey, I'm curious with this piece of thing," Hyun Ae picked the photoframe and pointed the purple head band jung min was holding.
"Ah, my lucky charm." he smiled. "A girl used it to bandage my bruise sometime when I was in highschool. We won the championship then. And Uhm, I kinda declared it as my lucky charm."
"Where's the girl now?"
Jung Min looked away and said sadly. "funny, I don't even know her name." ah here's the necklace. It's pretty."
She smiled widely upon seeing the necklace. "Thank you,"
"Hmmm, shall I see you next week?" Jung min asked hesitantly.
"Give me a call on monday and I'll check my schedule,"

"Do you believe in destiny?" Jung min asked. They had been seeing each other for some weeks.
"and you? how about soulmate?" Hyun Ae asked too.
"I do believe that you pave your destiny. Soulmate? I believe they exist and..."
Hyun Ae cut in and started to run towards the ice cream vendor. "hey, let get some icecream,"
Hyun Ae looked back at Jung min and waved. She made another step and suddenly she felt pain in her right hand.
Jung Min ran and helped her on her feet. "Are you...?" he moved back and stared at Hyun Ae.
Hyun Ae herself suddenly withdraw. She looked at Jung Min. 'He's that boy?' she thought.
"You?" the said at the same time and laughed.
"Are you guys okay," a passerby asked them.
"ah, yeah. yeah," Jung min answered and turned to Hyun Ae. "ha, you're the girl that Sang Mi hit with a ball?"
Hyun Ae brows creased. She was expecting about the girl whom he gave the necklace. "Ah,..ahm.. I guess."
"Let's clean up your bruise," he helped him to the car.
"First aid kit in the car. Doctors," Hyun Ae said.
"You'll never know when you need it. Like today," he applied ointment that made Hyun Ae jerk. "It stings but it'll go away in a while,"
"Do you really believe in soulmates?" Hyun Ae asked.
"Why?"
"Say, I believe that soulmates exist. They come when least expected."
"You're expressive today." Jung Min smiled and helped her fastened her seatbelt.
"Don't you think we're soul mates? Let's say our meeting when we were kids is an accident and that in highschool is a coincidence. And you’re just doing your job as a doctor. Why in the world did we have to meet through arranged marriage?" Hyun Ae looked at Jung Min
Jung min pulled over and looked at Hyun Ae. "You knew it? You knew that the necklace was originally mine?"
"Not until today," she smiled.
"Fate. destiny. Soulmate. We are meant for each other," Jung min held her hand and kissed her forehead.