Home Is Where the Heart Is [Part 1]

Home Is Where the Heart Is

  "Hyesungie, please...don't leave me." he pleaded as they both stood in the rain without umbrellas. Hyesung stood silent as he looked at the ground, his shoulders shaking as he shivered, but not from the cold.

  "Eric, I have to go. I don't love you anymore. That's why...I'm breaking up with you." Hyesung spoke before lifting his head up to face Eric. The older man could see the water falling down Hyesung's face as he prepared to turn around and get in the car.

  "Hyesung!" Eric yelled, grabbing the man by the wrist. Hyesung didn't turn around though as he ripped his arm out of Eric's grip.

  "Goodbye Eric."

---

  Hyesung woke up instantly and sat up in bed, putting his head in his hands as he sighed. Why did he still see Eric even in his dreams?

  He thought that in the new house he would have forgotten him by now, but it seems like that wouldn't be happening anytime soon. 'Maybe later.' he thought as he lifted his head up and let his eyes get used to the darkness.

  Recently he had moved again, this time back to Seoul as he got a construction job for a new hotel being built. He had to move all the time when he got new jobs because they usually took a few months to sometimes even a full year. Whenever they were too far away from his home, he would move again. Along the way he realized how he and Eric barely saw each other, sometimes for months on end before he came back to visit the older man. 

  And then he would have to move away again.

  For about half his life Hyesung has become accustomed to only living in apartments, eating cup ramen and working constantly to finish his projects before their deadlines. 

  With no time for them to spend together, Hyesung realized it would be better for Eric to find someone he could spend every waking moment with. Not a man who he never saw because he had work, which was a poor excuse for never seeing each other, but Hyesung was almost broke at that time. He's not much better still. 

  So they broke up. Hyesung became a workaholic and Eric...Hyesung didn't know what Eric was doing right now. He wished he did though.

  Sighing again, Hyesung got up from the bed and noticed it was 5:00 in the morning. Normally he'd wake up at six but today he started his new job and didn't want to be late. 

  He stepped into the bathroom and prepared for the day ahead of him.

  Once he was done getting ready, he locked up his apartment and took the elevator down to the carport. Getting into the car, he turned it on and drove out onto the street. His plans, tools, and blueprints were all in the backseat for when he reached the hotel.

---

  "Hello sir! Welcome to Moon Suites Hotel!" an excited voice exclaimed as Hyesung exited his car and he turned to see a man that looked to be a bellhop. "Shall I take your luggage sir?" the man asked, bowing politely as he looked at Hyesung.

  "No, no." Hyesung said and waved his hand as he smiled slightly. "I'm not here to stay. I'm the landscape designer."

  "Oh...oh!" the man said as he finally realized what was happening and smiled brightly. "Well then sir, I'll let you grab your things and take you to our owner's office. I'm sure he'll be pleased to see you."

  Hyesung nodded and returned the smile before opening the backseat door and pulling his materials out. Closing it and turning back around, the bellhop gestured for Hyesung to follow him and they started walking towards the hotel entrance.

  "By the way," the man said and turned slightly to face Hyesung as they kept walking. "My name's Jun Jin!"

  "Nice to meet you Jun Jin-ssi." Hyesung replied and smiled again before Jun Jin turned around again to face forward and they stopped talking. 

  Once they were in the lobby, Jun Jin took Hyesung to the elevator and entered it with him before pressing the button to the top floor. Using the identification chip on his sleeve, the elevator closed and started moving. Only the staff in the building had these chips so they were able to visit the top floor where the owner of the hotel had his office.

  The doors closed and soon they were heading up to the top floor. When the elevator stopped, the doors opened to reveal and luxuriously decorated hallway with doors on either side. 

  "Welcome to the top floor. The owner's office is all the way down there." Jun Jin said as he pointed to the end of the hallway. "Turn right and it's the last door at the end of the hallway there, right next to the giant windows."

  Hyesung stepped out of the elevator and thanked Jun Jin as the bellhop bowed again before the elevator closed.

  Walking down the hallway, Hyesung took in the extremely lavish gold details, the largeness of the hallway itself, and the attention to detail. A perfect floor for an almost perfect hotel. He was here to make it the best looking hotel there was.

  Once he had turned and reached the door labeled 'Owner' he breathed out to calm himself as he held his things at his side. He put his hand on the door knob and turned it, walking into the room with a smile on his face.

  "Hello sir," he started before finally noticing who was sitting behind the desk. "I'm here...for the...landscaping job..." His words died down completely as the door shut behind him by itself, leaving him alone with the very man he thought he'd only ever see in his dreams. The man he had left three years ago because of his job. The man he still loved with all his heart, even if he lied about it.

  Eric Mun.

 

+ I've decided to turn this into a two-shot or possibly three chapter story. ^^; So here's the first bit.