Chapter One ~ Just Dance

This Is Gospel
 "Kai, what are you doing?" Pilsuk asks, turning around. "Don't tell me you're talking  "Pilsuk-ah! Wait for me!!" Kai called, chasing after her after he hung up the phone with his friend, Luhan. Pilsuk was running, faster than Kai wished, toward the town center. Eventually he caught up with her, panting and hot, and she was already blabbing off about what she wanted to do. "Can we go--" "Kai, you /said/ you would take me out today! Be a good oppa, okay!" Pilsuk interrupted. /You always make me buy you stuff, yet I can never get anything for myself/ Kai thought. He it up, shoving his hands in his pockets and following her. His phone buzzed in his pocket, distracting him from his thoughts. He pulled the phone out and saw three new texts from Luhan.
 
Luhan Hyung 1min ago
:P Since you're busy I'm going to bug you, Kai-ssi!
 
Luhan Hyung 1min ago 
Tell Pilsuk I said hello, and to make sure she doesn't spend all my Joninnie's money! And give her a kiss for me, a kiss of hate.
 
Luhan Hyung 1min ago
DX NOOOO DONT KISS HER NVM EW SRY PRETEND I NEVER SAID THAT!! 
 
    Kai smiled and laughed, replying,
 
Luhan, I would never kiss Pilsuk anyways. We're not /that/ close RLAB.
Pilsuk looked back at him, saying "Dont tell me you're talking to /him/." Her face was a disgusted scowl. "So what if I am? You guys are both my friends, even though you two don't get along." Kai chuckles, putting his arm over her shoulders and leading the way to the store she'd pointed to.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
    Kai shuffled into his apartment, hot and exhausted, with an almost empty wallet. He was lucky that he had left over half of what he had at home, because he would've had no excuse to go home. However, he would still have to work a lot harder at his job if this was going to keep up. "I need to talk to someone..." Kai sighed, taking off his shoes and trudging up to his room. "...after I shower." His mother would be happy that he was so close to a girl. Kai was happy that he had a friend like Pilsuk. He just didn't like that whenever Luhan was mentioned, she would always get angry. Luhan would always make fun in a respectful way, because he knew Pilsuk was Kai's friend.
    Kai undressed and hopped into the shower. Pilsuk used to so cheerful and generous, and talk about selfless. But suddenly, it's as if Pulsuk isn't the same girl Kai had befriended last year. She's been very clingy and treats Kai like he's her property. He likes being with her, but it's as if his time without her is almost a relief. Nobody taking advantage of his friendship and taking his money. Is this how most people are? Greedy and rude? Kai sighed, and thought, maybe something would change her back to the Pilsuk he'd become so close with. But then again, nothing lasts forever.
 
    Once Kai had dried off and thrown on some pajamas, he sprawled across his bed and pulled out his phone. /I'm gonna call Baekhyun/ He told himself, searching for his friend's contact. One ring. Two rings. Three-- "ANNYEONG!!!!!" Kai cringed away from the phone."Ayah, Hyung, you're going to make me deaf!! Kai laughed. "What's up, Kai-ssi? 
    "I need to talk to you about Pilsuk. You're a close friend of hers too, right? So don't tell me she hasn't changed. She used to be so happy and helpful, but now she's all clingy and rude." Kai vents, his tone reasoning. He hears Baek sigh. "Kai, she hasn't changed a lot. She's been acting weird, I have to admit, but only when you're mentioned. It's like you make her go to some sort of mode where she could give two craps what other people think. I'm thinking she really /really/ likes you. Like, /like/ likes you. But I'm not sure. That's just me." Baekhyun considers, his chuckle at the end making Kai roll his eyes. "That's impossible. She's like a sister to me, we'd never be in that kind of relationship!" However he was having a hard time processing what he had heard. 
    "Whatever you say. Anyways, wanna get Luhan and come hang at my place? Chanyeol and Sehun will be there." Baekhyun stealthily changes the subject. "I guess. I'll text you when I have my final answer." Kai sighed. "Alright. See ya." Kai hung up the phone and clicked on Luhan's face. He picked up after he first ring. "Hello, my Jonginnie! Are we still going to hang together tonight at my place?" Luhan greeted him.
    /Crap! I totally forgot. I'll have to tell Baekhyun we can't make it/ "Totally! Want me to head over now?" Kai replies, smiling from ear to ear. "Well, duuuh! I've been waiting for you all day while you were with Pilsuk!" Luhan laughs. "How dare you make your hyung wait for you?!" Kai chuckles at his friends humor, and says," alright, I'm on my way. See you soon."
    He texts Baekhyun and throws some jeans on, grabbing his phone and walking out. Luhan lives about two blocks away, not a long walk. Enough time for him to think about what Baekhyun had said. Was it supposed to be funny? Is he supposed to laugh it down, like some idiot? Kai wasn't sure he was dumb enough to fall for that. Whatever went through Pilsuk's head when he is with her, Kai didn't want it to be love. He wanted her to be his best friend, not his girlfriend. He also wished that she would get along with Luhan, alas, there was no fixing that. He didn't want to have to reject Pulsuk if what Baekhyun said was true. But he would have to if it came to that, and that is that. 
    Kai was staring down at the ground, so he wasn't paying attention when Luhan jumped out in front of him and scared him half to death. "Ayah, Hyung!! What is wrong with you???? " he yelped, hitting his hyung's shoulder. "Hehehehe that was priceless! You're so jumpy, Jonginnie! You've always been like that, since primary school, haha!" Luhan was laughing very loud, and people were staring. "Hyung, you're crazy. Let's go." Kai chuckled. Luhan grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the front door. "Welcome back to my humble abode!" 
    Kai's phone began ringing in his pocket, but not loud enough for anyone but him to hear. He ignored it, because he knew it was either Baek or Pilsuk. Plus, he didn't want to be distracted. "So, what do you have planned for us?" He asks his hyung."Plenty, you'll see." Luhan replies with a smirk, pulling Kai's arm nearly out of its socket. All Kai could do was let him, not really being one to take charge of things with Luhan. He was a pretty shy guy, actually. Luhan always made the rules. But he never made Kai do anything he didn't want to. His phone began to ring again. Using his free hand, he pulled it out of his pocket and put it on silent, then threw it onto the kitchen counter. It was Pulsuk who'd been calling. He was busy, no time to talk. Although, part of him felt guilty for ignoring her.
    Luhan led Kai to his bedroom, all the while looking back at him with excitement dancing in his eyes. "What are you so exited about, Hannie?" I'll show you, hold on." Luhan laughed at Kai's impatience. He opened the bedroom door and revealed what used to be a single person's room. "My mother bought these last week. Remember that deal we made last year? That you'd move in with me one day to get away from... Well, your abusive mother? Well, my mom got a bed and everything. I know it's sudden, but I just had to show you." Luhan said, biting his lip nervously. Kai's mouth gaped in awe. "I-I can't believe you actually did this..." He stammered, walking into the room. 
    "It's okay if you don't want to, I'll understand. I mean, we're not related or anything, so why would you live with me?" Luhan tried to laugh it off. "Luhan, I'll do it. We're best friends, plus my mom won't even care that I'm gone, none the less try to find me. When should I bring me stuff over?" Kai sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Whenever you want. You're always welcome here. My mom leaves the keys under the mat out front, so if the door is locked you can just reach under there and come on in "Luhan says. Kai nods, getting to his feet. "We should go to the living room." "Good idea." 
    They walk downstairs and Luhan grabs a can of Coke from the fridge, tossing a Pepsi to Kai. "Thanks, hyung." 
    Luhan's house isn't very big. It has a small living room, two small bedrooms, and an attic. However, it was very much larger than Kai's apartment. He placed the can in the counter before bending down to pull off his shoes. He hadn't had time to before. When he turned around, he caught what seemed to be Luhan staring. Heat rushed to his face, although Kai didn't know why it made him so embarrassed. Luhan didn't have those intentions. And he definitely wasn't staring at Kai's . Right? Kai shook his head and dismissed the though, grabbing his can and following Luhan to the living room.
    Before Kai could even sit down, Luhan had the wii on, putting Just Dance 2014 in. He handed Kai a remote, and switched the TV to HDMI 1, game mode. "You wanna pick the song this time?" He asked. As usual, Kai declined, letting Luhan take the lead. They both loved playing this game, because they both loved dancing. They even practiced together at a local studio. Kai even taught Luhan his ballet and jazz dances he used to do in primary school.  The way Luhan used to pick on his dongsaeng for doing ballet would infuriate Kai, but in the end he'd always forgive Luhan. But those were the days when they'd first begun hanging out together. This time around, this room is a new place. This is a place where thoughts can bloom, and become beautiful realities. A place where you never lose the feeling of feeling unique. But sometimes Kai wants to go back to the room where it all began. Relive the day when he ran into Luhan in fourth grade, because he was speeding through the halls and ran into the ten year old Chinese transfer
student. The books went flying, and he remebers a soccer ball flying into the girl's bathroom. Neither wanted to go get it. That was the first time either met Pilsuk. She'd retrieved the ball, and without a word, walked away.
    Luhan picked a song, and got ready to do the dance. Kai followed soon after, and surprisingly they were both terrible. They preferred their own dances to the programmed dances, and eventually they turned off the game and begun practicing the dance they were creating. "I think we should add a little coordination to this, like you do something and I respond with something, almost as if...." Kai listened as Luhan suggested ideas, happily agreeing and softly disagreeing. Luhan gave him the chance to voice his opinion, and Kai did with enthusiasm.  
    
    Soon, it was late and Kai decided to move his stuff to Luhan's place. He wanted to get as far away from that hellhole as possible. With the help of Luhan and Chanyeol, while Baekhyun and Sehun watched from the side, they were able to move him into Luhan's place in less than an hour. Once they'd finished, they gathered together to go buy some bubble tea. Kai realized that three out of five of them were hot, sweaty, and smelly. "Can I shower first?" He looked at Luhan for confirmation, since it was his house he lived at now. They all walked into the small house, two showering at once, one in the guest bathroom and one in Luhan's room. Luhan was already getting undressed when Kai walked out of the shower. "All yours." He told his hyung, gesturing toward the bathroom. 
    The smirk that danced along Luhan's lips made his dongsaeng nervous, and he quickly turned around to grab some clothes out of the dresser. To his relief, and slight disappointment, Luhan finally walked into the bathroom. Kai quickly threw on his clothes, then ran downstairs to wait for Luhan. He checked his phone and saw eight missed calls from Pilsuk. A tight feeling gripped his chest, guilt, and he quickly called her back. "WELL HELLO!!!" She yelled once she picked up. "You're calm." Kai comments, trying to keep the conversation cool. "Where have you been? I've been calling you like crazy, and you won't pick up the goddamn phone!" She yells. "I'm with Luhan and the others. Where are you? You can join us for bubble tea." Kai replies, leaning against the wall. 
    The silence puts Kai on edge. "Did you just offer to let me come along an a bubble tea spree with /Luhan/?"Pilsuk chuckles, her tone wavering."I would never want to spend any time with that insufferable bastard, no matter what the perks were." "Well, If you say so. See ya tomorrow?" Kai sighs, irritation forming a knot in his throat. If only he could yell at her, relieve the stress tangles in his vocal cords, stop the straining when he speaks. But he refrains himself, on account  that there were people around and he didn't want to anger his friend. "So long as he isn't there, okay. Give me your address, because I know you moved." Pilsuk says nonchalantly, sighing as she waited for Kai to answer. He bit his lower lip. "Can't we just meet at Dunkin Dounuts or something?" He tried negotiating. She sighed in irritation but nonetheless agreed. With a swift goodbye, she hung up.
    Kai couldnt help but worry the whole night.