Reunited

Kitten Love

 

"Jimin-ah, slow down. My legs are hurt," Taehyung mutters. Jimin snorts and stops for a moment. He fixes his arms to get a comfortable position to carry the orange-haired boy on his back. Taehyung flinches when Jimin's muscular arms accidentally press his injured thighs, makes him gasped by the sudden hurt. He doesn't listen to him at all.

Taehyung lowers his head and sees Jimin's face.

He must be mad, Taehyung thinks.

"Sorry," Taehyung stated. "I just wanna return your book. It was left on your desk."

Jimin shuts his mouth up.

"Seonsaengnim asked me to return it to you, since I'm the only one who knows your new address."

The boy reminds quiet.

"I-I really didn't know that there was a gang fight. I was... just passing by and a boy hit me all of sudden. I'm sorry if I made everything became a mess."

Taehyung wishes the boy speaks out, but silence is the only thing that responds him.

A feeling of guilty comes to his heart. He must be totally mad.

The younger boy bits his lips and wonders if there's still a thing that has to be explained, but he has already told him everything. Yeah, he was walking to Jimin's house to return his book, when a boy from another school chased him. The stranger thought he was Jimin's gang friend, because they wore the same uniform. Jimin's not that kind of boy who only knows studying and hanging out with his friends. He sometimes involves into gang fights, in fact. His personality isn't as cute as his face. 

The stranger punched him on his stomach and stepped on his thighs, which made him got some wounds. His body isn't that weak, he just had never been involved in a fight before. It made him not know the right timing to fight back or how to escape from it.

Taehyung was lucky because one of Jimin's friends saw him and got the stranger off of him. He was severely injured and their rival knew that they could win the fight by attacking the weakest. In this case, it was Taehyung. Jimin's gang was in a weak position because Taehyung made them unable to fight their rival like usual. The fight ended when the police came and they ran away to dodge it.

Since Jimin's apartment is the nearest from the location, the orange-haired boy begged him to carry him to his residence. It was a bit awkward for him. Yeah, they're classmates, but they're not that close_lately.

"Jimin-ah, I'm sorry. I really don't mean to be..."

"9510," the older boy growls.

"Huh?" Taehyung winces.

"Go type it or I will drop you here."

"Wh-what?" Taehyung doesn't even realize that they have arrived at the apartment. He punshes in the buttons and opens the door while Jimin steps near it.

The younger boy's amazed at how tidy his apartment is. The only things that aren't well-organized at the moment were just books and magazines. It looks like they have been read, and the recent ones were forgotten to be re-arranged. Oh, and his kitchenware as well. They're still in the sink, all dirty and haphazardly placed in it.

THUD!

Taehyung startled when the older boy kicks a door open. He intuitively grips Jimin's shoulder and bows his head down, hides it behind the older boy's neck. Milliseconds later, Taehyung realizes his cheesy reflex and blushes.

Seeing the smaller room that they entered, Taehyung notices it's Jimin's bedroom. He sees many kind of nice stuffs in here, but instead the bedroom, what is attracting him the most is the balcony. It looks so peaceful when he sees the hanging plants and the wattle chair, and how pretty the dark orange lights on the sky seen from his place.

The older brings him down to his bed after Taehyung got Jimin's first aid kit from a cabinet nearby. Jimin dropped Taehyung's bag near the bedside table. Although the younger boy is trying really hard to land his bottom slowly, he can't hold his groan back when the bedcover touched his thighs.

"Remove your pants," Jimin says as he grabs the kit from Taehyung's hand.

"E-eh?"Taehyung distracted.

"You heard me."

"B-but... I can't," Taehyung stuttered.

"Just do it."

"Mmmm..." Taehyung mutters. "Can I just--take a bath?"

Jimin glares at him.

"I don't wear short pants before my school uniform," he reveals, cheeks turning red in a second. "I can't remove my pants for now."

Jimin rolls his eyes. He pulls out a towel and clothes from his cupboard and throws them to Taehyung. He's about to help him to go to the toilet, when Taehyung says he can do it by himself. The boy watched him as the younger walks to the bathroom with limping legs and hisses in pain.

It takes about ten minutes for Taehyung to take a bath, but it needs more time to get dressed. His body hurt immensely even just by bending down. Even sitting on the closet didn't give much help.

Taehyung finds himself staring at Jimin when he steps out from the toilet. The boy is laying on his bed, palms behind his head, and eyes closed shut.

Pushing aside his desire to trace Jimin’s chubby cheeks, Taehyung decides to treating his bruises on his thighs. He grabs a spray for sprained muscles and excessively applies it on his thighs. His friends often use it when their legs got swollen in their football rehearsal. They said it won't recover the bruises quickly, but it relieves the pain for some time. Taehyung knows this is not the right treatment for his legs. But as long as he can walk easier, his wish is granted.

Taehyung lifts his shirt up and looks at his tummy. Wounds on his stomach are actually more severe than the ones on his thighs. He’s about to apply the spray on his tummy, when a movement beside him makes him lifts down his shirt straight away.

"Have you done taking a bath?"

"Eh? Yeah," the younger boy replies, gives him a bumbling smile. "Sorry for waking you up."

"I wasn't asleep either."

The boy froze. "R-really?"

"Don't you wanna heal the wounds on your stomach?"

Taehyung scratches his back head. "What are you talking about? I just have wounds on my thighs..."

Jimin locks his eyes with a killer stare. The orange-haired boy gulps, intimidated by his chilling, yet beautiful gaze.

Taehyung bows his head down, not brave enough to look at Jimin's eyes.

"You refused to remove your pants a while ago. If I ask you to lift your shirt up, will you refuse it again?" Jimin asks.

"Well, Jimin-ah," Taehyung gulps again, "I-I'm... embarassed."

“You even took a bath with me when we were child.”

"But we're not children..."

An arm grasps Taehyung's stomach. The arm_Jimin's_pressing hard his bruises, make the younger boy groan for the nth time. The older pins him down on the bed and grabs the end of his shirt. The younger restrains his hands, shakes his head in disapproval. Jimin grips Taehyung's hands above his head and lifts his shirt up forcefully.

Purplish wounds filled his skin, right on his stomach.

"I said I didn't asleep, right? So, I know you have these wounds."

"Were you... watching me when I treated myself or something?"

Taehyung secretly cusses himself as he couldn't keep his heartbeats calm when Jimin looks down at his belly. He doesn’t even remember when was their last time having a casual skinship, but right now, one of his private area is touched by him. Taking an ointment from his first aid kit, Jimin dabs it on Taehyung's stomach.

"I accidentally saw you."

As Jimin applies the ointment, he realizes that Taehyung is skinnier than he thought. Well, actually Taehyung is just too shy to reveal his body. His body is kinda boney and he doesn't want others to see it. He doesn't want others to think that he suffered worms or something.

There's a long silence between them only after a "Let me... do it... by myself," slips away from Taehyung's mouth.

"Is it your way to say thank you? You should have manners, Mr. Kim."

"E-eh... is it impolite?"

Another long silence comes as the older boy decides not to answer him.

In the moment Taehyung's eyes oscillate in worries, Jimin feels the younger's fingers are barging in his clutch. Taehyung makes bold move to look up, just to make sure that Jimin isn't getting angrier than before. He's about to see the Planet's face, when he immediately closes his eyes when Jimin's hand suddenly brushes his bangs.

He balls his own hands and gets a mini-heart attack when he remembered that his hands are still locked by Jimin. It's getting worse when Jimin's finger suddenly dabs the ointment on Taehyung's temple. His cold sweat running down all of sudden and he doesn't have a time to hide it from Jimin's sight.

The treatment spent less than five minutes, but it felt like it was more than five hours for Taehyung. He sighs in relief when the boy gets out from the bed, so he can put his hands on his chest and attempt to calm his heartbeat.

Jimin walks to his balcony, taking a yellow leaf off from his hanging plants, then looks down at the road. He always spends his night in quiet, peaceful solitude. But he doesn't expect that today will be an exception.

Seeing small girls running on the pavement, Jimin somewhat reminded of his childhood days. He and Taehyung were close friends. They were like brothers back then. They spent their time together, talked about their childhood dreams, played and grew up together...

Jimin remembers when they were eleven and Taehyung brought his most favorite toy, a lion doll, on a school camping trip. Jimin was irked because Taehyung was inseparable with his doll, so he secretly stole the doll while Taehyung was asleep. When he woke up in the morning, the camp had a huge uproar since Taehyung couldn't stop crying when he saw his doll was hooked on a tree and soaked by dew. Later on, Jimin was punished by the teacher, and Taehyung didn't want to speak with him for almost a week.

When they graduated from elementary school, they were arguing each other because they chose different middle schools. They were avoiding each other after that, but after half a month, Taehyung suddenly came to his apartment and yelled at Jimin. He said Jimin was a brat who made him couldn't hang out anywhere. The small-eyed boy laughed when Taehyung revealed his parents just trusted Jimin to accompany him to go outside. The problem ended just like that, and they became close again.

When they were fifteen and for the first time Jimin was living without his parents , Taehyung made sure Jimin would not feel lonely or starving the whole day. Taehyung stayed overnight at his apartment almost every night, gave him his stock for breakfast, and taught him how to do the chores, despite Taehyung himself wasn't good at it. 

And then, he remembers 6 months ago. Taehyung said he had a crush for the first time. Soon after, he never came to his apartment anymore. Jimin also couldn't meet him at his house. His siblings always said he wasn't at home when he visited. It was also hard to talk with him in school. They couldn't talk to each other unless they had a group task. And they are definitely_and always_short conversations. Jimin thought Taehyung's guard was up, but he didn't know why. Suga, his senior, said...

He feels someone tugs his shirt. When he turns his head, he sees Taehyung standing behind him, head facing the ground, and hands ploddingly giving him... a cup of milk? He raises an eyebrow when he sees the warm steam from the mug. He's pretty sure that he has no milk in his apartment.

"S-sorry," Taehyung drawls.

Sorry? Jimin frowns. "From where did you get the milk?"

"I always bring one in my bag."

Jimin gawked, puzzled. He takes the milk and inhales the vanilla scent from the mug. "And you walked to the kitchen to make this?"

Taehyung nods.

"I don't know that such severe bruises could recover very quickly."

"Well... hmm... I didn't put the ointment on my thighs. I just applied the spray for sprained muscles."

"It won't heal..."

"I know," Taehyung cuts him. "I'll apply the ointment later."

Avoiding the soon-to-be argument, Jimin just nods and sits down on his waddle chair. Taehyung can't help but awed at his cute face that enlighten by the nightfall. If it's not because of his bruises, he won’t move his feet toward Jimin’s bed, and seeing his back instead of his face.

 


 

The night feels dire than ever for Taehyung. With his raced heartbeats and Jimin's breath beside him, it's hard for him to reach his dreamland. Adjusting his head on Jimin's pillow, Taehyung pulls Jimin's blanket until it covered his neck. The orange-haired boy crumples his shirt while forcing his heart to slower its beats, even he knows that it's all useless if Jimin is still around him.

The boys decided to sleep in the same bed. The younger boy can't sleep on the sofa because of his bruises, while the older boy doesn't want to sleep on the sofa because his dining room is cold at night. So yeah, that's how t day ended.

"Tae,"

Or it hasn't... yet?

"Are you asleep?"

Taehyung opens his eyes and turns his head to Jimin. The small-eyed boy turns his body to him, and blinks his eyes. Afraid he'll fall deeper to the cute features in front of him, Taehyung decides not to look at his face. "N-no, I'm not."

"I can't sleep. Let's play a game."

Instead of saying, playing game with you would make me die in heart attack, Taehyung decides to stutter, "Wh-what game?"

"Truth or Dare."

Seeing how there's no other games to be played and avoiding it will make the older suspicious with his awkwardness, Taehyung nods. "Who's first?"

"Let it decided with rock-paper-scissors."

Taehyung s his hand, after he makes sure that it's not trembling, unlike seconds ago. He chooses scissors while Jimin is paper.

"Okay, truth," Jimin says, sitting on the bed.

Taehyung tries not to show his amazement at the cute, good looking face which was lighten by the moonlight above him. His mind is distracted as he looks up and meets his dark brown eyes. The orange-haired boy looks at Jimin's balcony and says straight away, without thinking twice, and soon after he blames himself who throws away his opportunity to ask him everything, "since when did you involved in gang fights?"

It's not a question that he's supposed to ask. He already knew the answer. It was from their first day of highschool, when...

"Remember when I saved you from the gang from Daejeon Highschool and Namjoon Hyung and his friends came by all of sudden? It was my first time being involved in a gang fight."

Vain question, Taehyun sobs in his mind. He s his hand again as Jimin does the same. The result of the rock-paper-scissor is same as before, Taehyung chooses scissor, while Jimin chooses paper.

"Dare," Jimin says.

Doesn't know what he should say, Taehyung asks Jimin to sing a song. He doesn't know what he should sing, so Jimin tells Taehyung he will do it later. The younger just agrees with him since he wants the older to lose at their rock-paper-scissor again and choosing truth for the second time. He intends not to throw away his fortune from now on.

But Taehyung lost at their third time of rock-paper-scissors.

"Truth," Taehyung says as he sighs in blue. He's hoping Jimin will lose as soon as possible.

"It seems like you're avoiding me lately. Let me know the reasons."

Taehyung gulps. So, Jimin hit that topic.

"Uhhh..." Taehyung scratches his neck. Jimin knows he isn't that kind of boy who has many courses to be attended, or many friends who will ask him to hang out all of the time. He can't also use his everlasting school tasks as an excuseJimin is his classmate, he can't add some dramatic story if he tells about it. Well, his family? No, no. His grandparents live in China, his parents are busy with their works in Daegu this year, while his siblings are teenagers who know how to take care of themselves.

"Can you... give me another question?"

"I will give you another question but with a punishment."

Taehyung shocked in milliseconds. "What punishment?"

"Do you really want to be punished?"

The orange-haired boy bits his lips, "No, but... as long as you change your question... it's o-okay."

There's a small pause after Taehyung said it. He knows Jimin might think he's keeping a secret from him or something. But honestly, he is. And he can't reveal it in front him.

"Please note that you must answer the question and do the punishment. No rejection."

Taehyung nods unwillingly.

Jimin unlocks his drawer and pulls out a small white paper. Taehyung gaps when he realizes the green-colored words and the lion sketches on the paper. It's his embarrassing short story which he wants to burn months ago. Written by himself without any censoring on the name and cheesy words, and complete a copy of his experience. And he wrote about... the boy in front of him.

Jimin hands the paper and asks, "Is this your hand-writing?"

Taehyung's cheeks turning red, just like when Jimin dabbed the ointment on his tummy. Giving up in his hope to ask Jimin anything after, he lies, “NO!” and rolls on Jimin’s bed, back facing Jimin.

"I-I wanna sleep first," he says, banning the hurt that caused by his own injured body.

"Sure, so I can check your books to make sure about your answer."

Taehyung turns back and pulls Jimin's shirt, not allowing him to get his bag. "You don't trust me?"

"Don't get it wrong."

"But it seems like you do."

"Well, a bit?" He revealed, "cause as long as I remember, your hand-writing is basically like this."

Jimin releases himself from Taehyung's hand and jumps from his bed. His hands strike the younger's bag and sits on the floor. He frowns again when the younger boy slips his body under the blanket.

And that's when Jimin opens his bag and found some strange things_a box of milk, a box of tea, a small jar filled by leaves, and a bundle of lion sketches. He opens one of Taehyung's notebooks. He was shocked by the small, plain colored note papers which are suddenly spread out when he opens it. It's definitely the same one with the paper in his hand.

Taking a look at them, he knows that Taehyung often draws something or write a diary on note papers. He almost burst out laughing when he sees Taehyung's doodles, which all refers to their English and Math teachers. He stops when he looks at a sketch about a sleeveless-shirted boy. It looks familiar.

"Please don't read my books," Taehyung murmurs.

"I'm not," Jimin replies. I'm reading these papers, Jimin thinks.

He folds back the notes paper then reads the sentences behind it.

October 13th, Jiminnie got a birthday surprise in school's dance room. Suga hyung prepared this for him T.T

Jimin looks at the other, the one which is filled by a sketch of a dog. He folds it back again and reads,

October 27th, I saw a puppy passed by a traffic light. I think the puppy's eyes are cute, like Jiminnie's. Well, I lost one of my papers, but I forgot which one is it.  Is it the one that I sketched Mr. Lee? O.o

And the other, behind a blue-colored lion sketch,

October 31st, I lost one of my notes paper again! >.< I'm pretty sure it's the one which I sketched lions. And I'm clearly remembered that... I wrote something squishy about Jimin. I saw Suga hyung brought a small paper a while ago. I hope it was not mine.

The corner of Jimin's lips curved up. Puts the papers back in Taehyung's notebook, Jimin returns to its original place in the bag.

He climbs back up to the bed. Taehyung still covered his head with the blanket, but he knows that the younger boy isn't asleep yet. His heavy breathing proves it. The older boy whispers near Taehyung's ear, "Ready for your punishment?"

Taehyung almost screams when he heard it. Can't keep pretending he's asleep, he replies, "Isn't what you did a while ago not counted as a punishment?"

"It's called 'proving the truth'," Jimin says. "And you lied, didn't you? Double punishment, eh?"

"Can't we delay..."

"The first punishment is..." Jimin cuts him off.

"N-no, stop."

"Your dare is no longer available."

Taehyung face scrunched. His dare? Oh, does he mean singing a song? But...is it really meant to be a punishment?

"And the second one is..."

"We can do this tomorrow..." he says, a half begs. He thinks something bad might be happened.

"Kiss me."

It's gonna be a long night.

"I-I can't." Taehyung's face is completely red by now. He elbows Jimin as the older pulls the blanket away.

"Or... do you want me to give you an example first?"

He moves closer to Taehyung hands beside the younger's shoulders. Taehyung pushes the older's chest while shaking his head. Jimin's already pinned him down. He can't let him to do the rest of...

"Do you prefer a fast one or a slower one?"

"I said n_"

"Do you want the soft one, or the hard one?"

"N-neither of them!"

"Punishment is still a punishment. You've agreed the rule."

"But if it'll be my first kiss!"

Jimin leans forward and whispering in front of Taehyung, "Give yourself a beautiful memory to be remembered then."

The last thing Taehyung sees before he shuts his eyes in fear was Jimin's hair brushing his forehead. Right after his face is warmed by Jimin's breath, soft lips meet his. Taehyung is panting like crazy by the first two seconds. He doesn't know whether something is missing in his lung, or his mind is just taken away by Jimin's smile on his lips.

It will be an everlasting night.

The younger boy tugs Jimin's shirt, begging him to end the kiss. Too selfish to do that, Jimin grabs the younger's shoulders, lips move and crush on Taehyung's. Every kiss from Jimin's hungry lips freezes his body and burns out his mind, almost makes him black out.

Taehyung doesn't know how to start. He doesn't even know what to do. The only thing he knows is he would be trapped forever in this punishment if he doesn't take an action. Confused by the astonishing sweet taste of the kiss, he forces himself to follow Jimin's rhythm. His mind is completely blank, and he just lets Jimin to guide his lips to move. Taehyung's kiss is perplexed, untrained, inexperienced, but he does it.

More kiss, more movement, more crushes, and more palpitate heart was for Taehyung. The older boy's hands descend on his arms. Jimin deepens their kiss, but Taehyung can't handle it any longer. He hits Jimin on his arms, his groan immersed between their lips.

And Jimin breaks up their kiss.

Taehyung is gasping hard, in every single air particle he could. He's pretty sure that his face is more than a total mess.

"Your heartbeats," Jimin says, half laughing.

And my cheeks, my trembling hands... Taehyung thinks, as he turns his head away from Jimin.

"'8th October, I saw Jimin in the dance room, rehearsing with Hoseok hyung and Suga hyung'," Jimin quotes.

Taehyung's eyes popped. He immediately covers his ears with his palm. Jimin tells him about his own story on the lion-sketched paper.

"'I heard they will have a performance in Seoul Starlet Concert.'" Jimin keeps a straight face as his hand is trying to remove Taehyung's away from his ears, but the younger refused. "'I envy Suga hyung. Their dance coach said Sugahyung and Jimin might be a cute couple, like a cat and a dog'."

"S-stop. It's enough."

"'I wish I was him'." Jimin finishes up quoting. Taehyung stays quiet beside him. "Look at me."

"I don't wanna."

"Why? Embarrassed?"

"What would you do if I answered?"

"Nothing except kissing you again," he teases. "I already knew this from a long time ago. Suga hyung said you're easy to read, especially with those blushes."

Taehyung moves uncomfortably on the bed. He force closes his eyes as he begs his cheeks to not blush anymore. Never, if they can.

"P-Please just sleep."

"I think he's right. Plus, you're not aware with your paper notes," the small-eyed boy keeps teasing him. 

Jimin laughs when Taehyung sinks into his blanket.

"Say something, Tae." Jimin said.

Taehyung shakes his head under the blanket. "I can't."

"That's can't be counted as 'something'."

"It wasn't meant to be a 'something', either," he murmurs.

Taehyung will run to the balcony and jumping off from there if he can. It seems like Jimin already knew everything. Every single thing. And Suga hyung... said he's easy to read? Taehyung thinks. Even Suga, someone whom isn't close to him noticed it. Is his feeling that obvious?

"And well, I'm not really like cat," Jimin says, "but I think kitten is cute."

Jimin lays his back beside Taehyung. The boy next on him still doesn't respond him. He doesn't even remove his blanket. Jimin tosses his head on the pillow and says, "Good night, Kitten."

 


 

Thanks for YooYeol who beta read this fic. Sorry I changed some sentences ;_;

Arrsdkgpgmefotkhprtj this chapter is really cheesy >.<