Our First and Last

Our Love began

Gary and Jihyo were schoolmates since they were in JHS, but they have never been in one class. One the first day of Senior Highschool, they were interwined by fates to be in one class.

Gary thought Jihyo was pretty but he didn’t have enough courage to tell her.

One day, Gary’s best friend Haha told him a secret.

“Gary, do you know the girl over there?” said Haha while staring at Jihyo.

“Molla~ I don’t care about women at all. Waeyo?” Gary answered effortlessly.

“I think she’s very beautiful.”

Gary stole a glance at the girl Haha mentioned. She’s quite be

 

autiful, thought Gary. But he couldn’t say it out loud since Haha looked he had fallen completely for the girl.

“By the way, who’s that girl? I’ve never seen her before.” Gary asked Haha.

“Jihyo. She’s been in our school since Junior Highschool. Maybe you cannot see her since your eyes are too small.” Haha said jokingly.

Gary put on his straight face and left Haha to go home.

 

“Gary-ah. I can’t believe you got D again in your Biology test.” Gary’s mom sighed while waving Gary’s test paper in front of him.

“Biology is not my life mom. Don’t you see my Math score?”

“I don’t care. You must go to Mr. Ji Sukjin’s course starting from tomorrow or I’ll cut your allowance.”

“Fine mom.” Gary knew he wouldn’t be able to beat his mom.

 

The next evening after school, Gary went to Mr. Ji’s house to get his lesson. There he saw some of his classmates who were also taking the course.

Gary was looking at his classmates who studied there when he suddenly saw the girl Haha mentioned as Jihyo. She was very beautiful even when she blanked when looking at the board.

“Hello Gary. Welcome to my class. My name is Ji Suk Jin and you can call me Mr. Ji. These are you classmates , you know them right? Let’s start rightaway.”

Gary nodded and smiled to Mr. Ji.

“ So what do you know virus? Virus is a........”

Gary fell asleep while trying to listen to Mr. Ji’s explanation.

“Ya! Neo! Hurry wake up or I’ll tell your mom.” Mr. Ji shouted at Gary, but Gary didn’t even flinch.

“I’ll wake him up, Sir.” Jihyo raised her hand and volunteered.

Mr. Ji continued his teaching while Jihyo tried to wake Gary up.

“Ya! Wake up! The teacher is angry!” Jihyo whispered to Gary.

Gary only groaned and continued to sleep, so Jihyo moved closer towards him. When she was about to shout at his ear, Gary suddenly moved his face to Jihyo’s direction and accidently kissed Jihyo’s lips.

Jihyo yelped and her eyes went wide then she blushed very hard. Jihyo looked at Gary and saw him still peacefully sleeping. So she decided to return to her seat while touching her lips.

“I’m  sorry Sir but I couldn’t wake him up.” Jihyo apologized to Mr. Ji.

“It’s OK. It’s not your fault anyway. He’s probably very tired.”

 

Gary yawned in his way home. He’s very tired from his activity in school and he even slept at his course. When  he was about to sleep he felt something hot on his lips. But when he touched it there was nothing. He wondered what it was.

Meanwhile, at the same time, Jihyo was also touching her lips. She blushed hard again when she remembered the scene before.

Both of them were thinking about each other then they eventually fell asleep.

 

The night after, Gary decided to play online games for some refreshing. The game is a virtual dancing game with couple feature which was very popular in his school.

Gary played the game under the name Gary14. When he looked at who were online, he decided to message a girl under the name Drago7473. At first, he thought Drago was a boy but he was surprised to see the gender so he wanted to know the girl better.

Gary14 : ‘Hi, nz 2 meet u’

Drago7473 : ‘Hi. Nice to meet you too.’

Gary14 : ‘So, why do you use Drago as your username?’

Their conversations continued until late night. And finally they decided to become a couple in the game even without knowing each other’s name since they only need couple for the purpose of the game.

 

Both Gary and Jihyo arrived late at school, so they got the punishment together. When they ran around the field together Jihyo yawned loudly.

“Are you still sleepy?” Gary asked.

“A bit. I played a game until late last night.” Jihyo nodded.

“Is that why you were late? What game did you play?”

“That’s one of the reason. Audition. So why are you late?” Jihyo asked back.

“ I played it too last night, with someone named Drago7473.” Gary answered.

Jihyo gasped  and said “That’s me! So you’re Gary14?”

“Yes I am. This must be fate.” Gary laughed.

“You must be joking.” Jihyo laughed along.

They became good friend after that. Both in real life and in the game.

Months after, Gary decided to confess his love to Jihyo. But before that, he felt that he had betrayed Haha and he need to talk to Haha about his feeling.

“Yo Gary! Wassup?” Haha raised his hand to hi-5 Gary.

“Haha,  sorry. I actually need to tell you something.” Gary hung his head low.

“I need to tell you something too. I finally date someone that I really love.” Haha smiled brightly.

Gary was shocked and a bit disappointed too, he thought that Haha dated Jihyo.

“So, you finally got Jihyo huh?” Gary smiled sadly.

“No! Not Jihyo. It’s Byul from the next class. I’ve had an eye on her since last year.”

“Didn’t you tell me that you like Jihyo?” Gary was confused.

“Yes I do like Jihyo, but I love Byul. Like and love are different you know.”

“Really? Well congratulations for you then.” Gary finally grinned, satisfied.

“So, you like Jihyo then?” Haha smirked at Gary.

Gary shook his head, “Do I like her?”

“It’s your feeling idiot! How should I know? Just look at her for 10 seconds and you will know the answer.” Haha gave Gary his suggestion.

Gary hurriedly ran to find Jihyo and look for the answer.

 

Jihyo was sitting at the park bench alone reading the book when she suddenly heard someone calling her.

“Jihyo-ah! “ Gary called while running to her.

“Waeyo? “

Gary grabbed her hands and looked at her eyes for 10 seconds, as Haha said to him. Then he knew the answer for the question he had before.

“I love you Song Ji Hyo. Grabbing your hands is like grabbing the our bright future. So do you like me too?” Gary proposed while holding Jihyo’s hands.

“Do I like you?” Jihyo blushed.

“I think so.”

They hugged and went back to class while holding hands.

On their six month anniversary, Gary kissed Jihyo.

“This is our first kiss right?” Gary smiled sweetly at Jihyo.

“Actually you’ve ever kissed me when you were sleeping.” Jihyo said.

“When? In my dream?”

“No. When you were sleeping at Mr. Ji’s course.”

“Ah, no wonder my lips felt strange that day.”

 

The End