1/1

Nicknames

Sungmin looked down at the borrowed phone in his hands, deep in thought as he stared at his unpublished tweet. Making sure to properly sign it so the fans would know it was him (with an adorable smiley face for added cuteness) he quickly published the tweet, smiling as the pictures came up on Ryeowook's timeline. He had been put in charge of uploading the pictures while Ryeowook went to retrieve his 'stolen' passport back from the bored maknae, who sitting in the row of seats beside their gate. After properly locking the phone and bowing to their tired manager Sungmin made his way over to where the pair were sitting, bouncing excitedly as he threw himself into the empty space beside the eternal maknae.

“Done~” he sung, handing back the phone to his dongsaeng, who gave him a small nod in recognition before Sungmin settled back into the seat, distractedly watching the planes out the window beside him.

The three lapsed into a comfortable silence as the rest of the members talking loudly across from them, when a loud snort came from Kyuhyun who was seated at the end of the row. The younger was looking down at his phone amusedly, mischievous smirk on his face as he turned to the man beside him. Sungmin could do nothing but watch on curiously as the maknae leaned towards Ryeowook, resting the top half of his body on their shared armrest. The younger man immediately shoved the phone under Ryeowook's nose from him to read, screen lighting up Ryeowook's confused face while the other quietly whispered in his ear. A giggle erupted from Ryeowook who looked up at Sungmin, eyes filled with amusement, before he flicked his gaze back down to the retreating screen of the phone. Sungmin's eyebrows creased in confusion as Kyuhyun cleared his throat loudly, shooting him a small smirk before turning back towards the man between them.

“Excuse me my dear Ryeonggu...”

“Yes dear Kyukyu?”

“May I bother you just a moment to ask you a very important question?”

Sungmin watched on helplessly lost as Ryeowook tried to stifle a laugh, biting his bottom lip in a tight smile as he focused his gaze on the maknae. “Of course! What is it?”

“What the is a Minggu?”

The two dissolved into a fit of giggles, leaning against each other giddily as Sungmin stared at them, bewildered. When he finally pieced everything together his confusion made way for a sharp glare, slapping the still giggling Ryeowook's arm lightly.

“Hey what is that supposed to mean!?”

“'I came to Hong Kong... Minggu!!'” Kyuhyun managed to recite between giggles, letting out another bark of laughter at the disgruntled look his hyung gave him as a response. “You actually gave yourself your own nickname?”

“You don't know that Kyu!” Ryeowook mumbled, waving his hand in front of his face in a desperate attempt to calm himself. “Maybe Min hyung was talking about that old cartoon penguin...”

“YAH!” Sungmin shouted, “I AM NOT PINGU!!”

“Maybe Pororo instead?” Kyuhyun replied, ignoring their now fuming hyung. “Although he'd need a helmet for that...”

Ryeowook nodded as he tapped his chin, pretending to be in deep thought. “Oh I know! Maybe we can go and ask Crayon Pop if he could borrow one!”

Sungmin pouted, rolling his eyes as the two maknaes erupted into giggles once more before flopping back into his chair. He gave an exasperated sigh, closing his eyes as Ryeowook gave his shoulder an apologetic pat.

“You're Ryeonggu and that idiot is Kyukyu – so what if I decide to be Minggu! Is there some magic law meaning only you two can share nicknames?”

The pair fell silent, sharing a knowing look before they turned back to their hyung, Ryeowook sending him a bright smile, as he threw his arms around Sungmin in a tight hug. “Aww hyung, of course you can be our Minggu!!” 

“You could've said something earlier if you were that desperate for your very own gyu style nickname” Kyuhyun added, shifting so he could properly face the cuddling pair beside him. “Besides you're already an unofficial member of maknaes on top anyway...even though you're an old man compared to the likes of us.”

Sungmin raised his head from against Ryeowook's shoulder, sending Kyuhyun a weak glare before de-tangling himself from Ryeowook, returning the small man's bright smile. When he posted the tweet he had expected some sort teasing from the pair, knowing from years with the two that it would be too good of an opportunity for Kyuhyun to miss. He'd been trying to get them to call him something like Minggu for weeks, always slightly jealous of the pairs matching nicknames, before he'd finally become fed up with them and decided to just do it himself - although Kyuhyun liked to consider himself the brain of the group, he was unbelievably ignorant when it came to some things.

Settling back into his seat, Sungmin gave them both a content smile as the trio fell back into silence once more. They stayed that way for a few minutes before Kyuhyun put his phone away, rising to his feat and stretching slightly before turning to a relaxed Sungmin with a smirk.

“Hey Minggu hyung”

“Yeah?”

“...noot noot~”

Ryeowook giggled as Sungmin sprung to his feet, face flushed red as he stared at the slowly retreating maknae. His giggles turned into his loud laughter as Kyuhyun his heel, squeaking as his hyung chased him angrily through the gate.