Final.

Spring Adieu

"Hey, Suzy-yah. You're snoring."

"H-Huh?" I forced my eyes open and saw Sunggyu staring at me.

Sunggyu is my math buddy; not that I like math, though. 

"You sound like a mad dog." he pointed out. 

"How long did I sleep?" I asked. 

"The whole period," he smirked.
"No one's around now as you can see."

I looked around and he was right.

"Did I miss anything?"

"A lot, but don't worry, I'll help you. I always do." he sighed.

"I don't need your help." I blurted out.

He didn't reply, instead, he took a hold of my hand and dragged me out of the room.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I yanked his hand away but failed.

"Eat." he said, looking straight. 

--

"You should eat more and stop sleeping late. " he placed the dishes he ordered from the school canteen on our table. 

He was always like that, bossing me around, but I don't mind since he's just worried about me; I'm weak,  you see. 

"Hurry now.  I'll teach you math afterwards. "

I nodded and ate my way through. 

--

My day just went like that. We went to a nearby gazebo and he taught me the lessons I missed. We had our usual conversations which contained mundane things and random imaginations. 

I reached out for my phone at the corner of my bed and narrowed my eyes on the bright screen. 

1:30 a.m.

Sunggyu and I met on the first day of math class. He seems to have a liking on the subject; as for me, I hated math more than ever, that's why he's always there to help me even if I refuse to. Sunggyu's my crush but he doesn't have the slightest idea, well, I hope. I appear to be a mad woman around him and I try to act natural as possible. I really do not know how we became friends in the first place; it just happened. 

The first time I saw him I have mistaken him for a prince and the moment I set eyes on him, everything blurred in an instant. His smile was in a slow motion and I can feel the drums under my chest, keeping me from breathing properly. 

"Uh, Miss?"

Silence. 

"Miss?" he repeated. 

I seem to have forgotten how to speak. 

"W-what is it?" I stuttered.

"Is this available?" he asked as he took a hold of the chair beside me. 

"Yes!" I cheered and realising what I've done, brought my palm to cover my mouth. "Yes." I repeated. 

"I'm Sunggyu, and you are?" He offered a hand as he sat. 

"Suzy. Bae Suzy." I said. 

I starred at his exposed palm and smirked. 

"I'm allergic to germs. "

I could've sworn he chuckled.

"I see. " was all he said as he smiled at me and turned to face the board. 

--

Sunggyu's actually a hearthrob at school and I'm lucky to have him as my seat mate, if I must say; let alone the fact that we're close friends. I took notice of the unknowing stares the girls in our class would give him; we sat at the back so they're pretty much obvious. Sunggyu doesn't really care so I'm relieved.

He has this charisma anyone could fall hard for. His pearl of whites shine like a blinding light it would let you think you're in heaven. His hair sway like the autumn leaves. His hands are beautiful, feminine and long; they would move like a slow ballad song and a techno electronic one at the same time. His voice (he sings to me once in a while) is like spring water gurgling from beneath his vocal chords, sending shivers through out my entire being.

He's a writer, I'm an artist. We fit together, don't we? Just kidding. To be honest, he's a guy I've always been dreaming for and I'm honored to even have met him. I've always thought that guys like him don't exist anymore. People would tell me that I am a damsel in distress, that I should accept the fact that I am waiting for a prince to save me when he no longer exists. In this generation, playboys are the new trend; they act cool and collect girls only for them to brag, they break their hearts and shatter them to pieces, not that there are no playgirls. So, I never bothered waiting anymore, not until now. Not that I expect to live a life time with this man; it'll never happen because you see, he is leaving me behind, on my own. At first I was dissapointed; he broke the news during our math class when I was, for the first time, serious in solving. 

"I'm leaving." he whispered.

"Not yet, I'm almost done." I blurted out.

"No, seriously, I'm leaving." I turned my head to face him and shot him a look.

There was a brief pause before I sighed. "Where to?"

"America."

Silence.

"I see." I said blankly. I attended my paper works and never bothered to mind him.

He did the same. 

I ditched him for days, ignored his calls and never asked for math lessons so I failed on some of the quizes. I realized something that's why we became friends again.

I was alone at our favorite place that saturday afternon. I watched as the rain poured relentlessly. It wan't calming; it's like as if the rain is crying for me because nothing would emerge from my eyes. Then, I realized that people would come and go just as the rain would. I should at least cherish the remaining moments I'll have with him.

--

I checked my phone again.

3:00 a.m.

I can't sleep.

Sunggyu was a message from God. A message that guys like him actually exist and that I shouldn't lose hope because one day, someone better will come to my life. I'll just have to wait; I'm still young. I would think that he's just a teaser sometimes; that the real deal is yet to come. Perhaps, what I feel towards him is just infatuation. These feeling will fade, in due time.

I know that someone will come into my life when the time comes, when the time is right; may it be him or someone else, one thing's for sure, that wherever he may be, we'll find each other no matter what. Maybe even in the most unexpected way, because God works in mysterious ways.

'beep, beep'

Sunggyu's name was displayed upon my cellphone screen. I swiped the green icon to answer him.

"Hey, Suzy-yah, you awake?

"Hm?"

"C'mon, it's almost time. Prepare already. You don't want me to be late for my flight, don't you? I hope you slept well. I'll get you in 30 minuites anddd I have a gift for you!

A smile grazed upon my lips, "I'm awake. I'll be done by the time you arrive."

I hung up.

"Good bye."