Final.

Turning Tables

"Jinkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!" Taemin whined as he grabbed his boyfriend's hand and attempted to pull him off the sofa.

"Taemiiiiiiiiiiiiin~" Jinki mocked with a smirk.

"Please babe, I wanna go to the ice rink!"

"Taemin, you and I both know that this will end in disaster on my part. And somehow in the end, I'm gonna end up with a cracked skull, you'll be crying at my side, and the guys are just gonna bust a gut from laughing so hard," the elder crossed his arms.

Taemin pouted and climbed onto Jinki's lap. "Fine, we won't go," he said quietly after wrapping his arms around Jinki's neck.

Jinki knew this trick and he wasn't going to fall for it.  Nope. Uh-uh. Not gonna fall for it again.

Taemin truly felt sad, however, and wasn't trying to guilt Jinki into going. He just thought it'd be really fun to go as a couple. Sure, he'd never been there before, but his girl friends would always say how much fun it is going with your boyfriend. 

It wasn't that Jinki didn't take him out on dates, no, it was that Jinki was always going about them as romantic. Never cutesy, or simple. Nah. Jinki was always over the top taking him out on expensive dinner dates, going to the movies on the rich side of town. Jinki wanted the best for Taemin, even though Taemin wanted to enjoy the simple pleasures.

After quietly watching a program together, Taemin had gotten up from his spot on Jinki's lap and rubbed his eyes.

"I'm gonna go take a nap babe," he said softly, and turned to walk down the hall into their bedroom.

"Aw ," Jinki muttered under his breath.

Taemin never did that. When he wanted something he'd beg, then sulk, then beg again if Jinki hadn't caved in already. But this time, he wasn't begging.

Jinki realized this was something Taemin really wanted.

He leaned his head back over the top of the sofa and threw his hands over his face. "Ughhhhhhh," he grunted.

He got up and walked over to their room.

He opened the door gently and was surprised to see Taemin actually sleeping. His heart broke knowing his boyfriend went to sleep upset.

Jinki walked over to the bed and sat next to his boyfriend. He ran his fingers through Taemin's fringe, and whispered, "Taeminnie~"

Taemin stirred a bit and turned to his other side.

"Well if gentle doesn't work, gotta try the other way," Jinki smirked.

He got off the bed and walked towards the door, only to turn back and get a running start before he pounced on Taemin.

"Taeeeeeeeeemmmmmmiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn!" He wailed before blowing raspberries onto Taemin's cheek and neck.

Taemin laughed and tried to shake Jinki off. "Yeeeeeeeeeees?" 

Jinki was pleased to hear Taemin's cute laugh and stopped messing around, wrapping his arms around Taemin's slim waist and laying his head on the boy's chest.

"I'm sorry Taeminnie."

"What for?"

"For saying no to you when you really wanted to go," Jinki pouted.

Taemin ran his fingers through Jinki's red hair, "It's okay babe, I should've just waited until I could go with a friend."

He sat up, still craddling Jinki in his arms. "Are you hungry? Come," he patted Jinki's ,"I'll make you something."

"I'm a little hungry, but I wanna take you ice skating," the elder said.

"No, Jinki, I don't want you to go if you're gonna be feeling guilty and forced to just because I wanted to go. Really. It's okay."

Jinki stood up and picked Taemin up, twirling around in circles while Taemin laughed and kicked his legs around.

The elder tossed the boy onto the bed and turned towards the closet.

"I'm taking you, and that's that. Here," he threw a flannel shirt at Taemin's face. "It's probably cold there, since it's indoors. And wear your long socks underneath your pants. And here!" He threw a beanie at Taemin's face this time. "I don't want you getting sick and regretting going there."

Taemin giggled everytime he felt an article of clothing smack his face. 

"I'll get dressed after I eat a sandwich," Jinki smiled.

***

"Alright, we're here! Now what?"

"Taemin! It was your idea coming here, I thought you knew how this worked!"

"Nope! I just wanted to go on a date here because I was jealous that Minho took Yuri and she kept bragging about how fun it was."

"Ah you little--, hey look, a register. Maybe that's where we rent the skates."

"Good eyes, captain!" Taemin giggled before wandering off to the register.

Jinki smiled and shook his head before following his petite boyfriend to the counter.

"So is this your first time skating?" The cashier asked.

Taemin nodded and Jinki spoke up, "It is, but my boyfriend is a dancer so I'm pretty sure he won't have any problems getting the hang of it."

The girl smiled at Taemin, "Well I hope you two enjoy yourselves!" She handed them their skates and Taemin's card back.

"What? Why did you pay?" Jinki frowned.

"Because, you always take me out. Now it's my turn," Taemin stuck his tongue out at his boyfriend before running to an empty bench.

Jinki followed and began to remove his shoes, "Wait. Where do our shoes go?"

"Oh we have to rent lockers, here's our key!"

They put their shoes away in the locker before slipping into their skates and wobbled over to the rink.

"Oooh what a dreadful feeling I have building inside of me," Jinki moaned in fear.

"Babe, stop worrying. Co--!" Before Taemin could finish his sentence, he slipped on the ice as he barely stepped in.

"Oh my god, are you okay?!" Jinki squatted and pulled Taemin up.

The younger giggled and held onto the rail. "It's okay, you're up next! Get in here~"

Jinki gulped as he stepped in, tightly shutting his eyes as he prepared his for impact with the cold hard ice. 

He heard cheering from his boyfriend so he opened his eyes and found himself sliding towards the middle of the rink. He began to panic as he noticed he was drifting further and further away from Taemin.

"T-T-Taemin!" He panicked. He lifted his feet in small turns to face where Taemin was and started to glide over to the boy.

"Well look at you! All swift at this! I wanna try!" Taemin smiled. He lifted his feet and tried to skate over to Jinki. Tried.

He made it about three feet before he slipped and fell onto his . "Ow!"

Jinki slowed to a stop in front of his fallen boyfriend and squatted with a hand reached out. "Keep trying baby."

Taemin had a look of determination on his face before getting up and trying to skate across the rink.

His legs kept wobbling and he eventually got the slow hang of it, only knowing how to go straight. Every time he tried to turn he fell flat on his .

Jinki thought the whole thing was cute. And not only that, he felt pretty good. He was finally better than Taemin at something. 

His small, delicate boyfriend was perfect in his eyes. He could dance, sing, cook, bake. He knew how to do everything. With the apparent exception of ice skating. Jinki smiled as he skated in figure eights around Taemin as the boy continued to skate.

On Taemin's twentieth fall, he decided to go help.

He squatted in front of Taemin once more and held out his cold hand, "Let's skate together."

Taemin's eyes lit up, and Jinki could swear this was the happiest he's ever seen him. Taemin got up and intertwined their fingers, letting Jinki lead the way.

"Come on, I'll help you turn."

And so they had spent another two hours in the rink, giggling and laughing, enjoying their time together. Smiling at the silliness, blushing when kids pointed out how pretty Taemin was, or how cute a couple they were.

When they got their shoes back and went to return the skates, the cashier had asked, "What happened?! I thought you were a dancer!" She smiled widely seeing Taemin blush at her remark.

"Today was an off day," Jinki smiled.

On their way home, Taemin's hand never left Jinki's, even while he drove. His hand just stayed on top of his boyfriend's. 

When they got home, Taemin went to change and Jinki prepared some hot chocolate.

Jinki set the mugs on their coffee table and plopped down on the sofa.

When Taemin came back, he crawled into his boyfriend's lap and wrapped his arms around his neck. Nuzzling his face in there too.

Jinki wrapped an arm around the younger's waist and leaned his head on Taemin's.

"I really loved today, Jinki. Thank you for going skating with me."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it baby. I'm also happy that the tables have turned. Seems you're pretty clumsy out on the rink."

"Heeey, that's not nice!" Taemin pouted before placing a kiss near Jinki's adam's apple. "But really, thank you. I love you, babe."

"I love you too Taeminnie."

 

***

HAHAHAHAAH WHAT WAS THAT.
I'M SORRY HEATHER.
THIS IS THE BEST THAT I COULD COME UP WITH.

first ontae oneshot, say whaaaaaaat?
anyway, i really hope it was okay to read and not too awful!

- moe