Final

Dews and Meteors [One Shot]

Loneliness and sorrow will always be there,

alongside happiness and success.

It strikes when were not ready thus leaves unknowingly.

It is to remind us that the world isn’t just for you alone, and like any

other things it should be shared to others.

That’s what we called love.

 

Morning dew, breeze and coldness are his only true friends.

He is not crying though he’s sad and longing. He got colleagues at school but none of them were real.

In this specific time he goes to his favorite place, this is were the leaves showered him with dews as wind blew them.

He loves it.

Sitting under the tree, thinking about stuff that he can’t when he’s at school.

Stuff that makes him really happy; thing like passing all his course, getting a job with a high compensation, meeting the girl he dreamed off and having their own happy family.

His  mind were happily wandering in to his day dreaming when he heard something.

A whisper with the leaves and branches rustling.

Huh? Hey who’s there?” he called out, he stand and walk towards the source of the strange noise, trying to see who or what is hiding behind the bushes.

Ahh! Damn! What the hell are you doing in there!” he shrieked as a guy suddenly popped out the bush with a lot of leaves tangled in his hair.

I’m sorry! Whoa! Donghae Hyung!” the guy said with his eyes grew bigger as he realized who is he talking to, “Hyung I’m sorry I didn’t mean to interfere or invade your territory..” the guy said with a scared and wary voice looking down his feet.

I said! What the hell are you doing in here?! And who are you? How did you know may name?!” Donghae shouted at the boy with fierce and with his clenched fist. “Yaah! You don’t need to get mad and shout at me I didn’t do anything wrong! I’m just looking for my shoes that was thrown in here by your evil friends! Who wouldn’t know the great, war freak Donghae?! Freak!” the guy shouted and immediately go away from him, leaving Donghae alone in confusion, “What a weird dude? One second he’s like a scare cat then after a while his like a fierce tiger? Is he a bipolar?” talking to himself.

Donghae eyes grew bigger as he realized that he didn’t knew the guy’s name, “Stupid!” hitting his own forehead, “How can I avenged my insulted pride? I didn’t even know his name? That kid will surely be dead if I see him again around the school! KYAA!!!” Donghae shouted to himself out of desperation.

 

Never did the mind and heart conceived what’s beneath the smile,

never did the mind and heart conceived what’s beneath the angst,

never did the mind and heart conceived what’s beneath the confusion,

but they will immediately know if they are thumping and beating for love.

 

Two weeks have past they never met again. One still longing for love and one keeps doing what is right and what makes him happy. Donghae keep his bullying and "not giving a " image while the guy he met keeps his everyday goodness and love spreading.

While walking towards his locker, Donghae stopped as he heard a familiar voice, he followed the voice until he reached the comfort room. He peered, then he saw the guy that he met at his secret place, anger rose as he knew whose talking and ready to punched the guy’s face and knock him off his feet. He is about to kicked the door and bolt in when he heard the other guy suddenly cried. He stopped and listen as the two guys talking. “Minho, I don’t know what to do. My moms always not home and my dad didn’t know anything but punching and hurting me.” the other guy cried. “Hyung…” Minho hugged the guy and patted his back, “Don’t fight with your dad instead love him more, show him that you love and cared for him no matter what. Tell your mom you missed her and give her very long and tight hug with that she will realized how much she missed you too. Okay?” Minho added with an assuring, and comforting voice. The guy still sobbing straight his back and look into Minho’s eyes, “Thank you so much dongseng. Without you I will never realized how much I worth. You’re the only person who told me not to take revenge and grudged against my family. I owe you! If you need anything just call me ok?” the guy continued. Minho smiled and says “ No problem Onew hyung! Me will always be there for all of you!” he said with a cheerful voice. Donghae’s thought, “You’re one lucky guy Minho! I’ll forgive you this time but whenever we bumped to each other again I will promised to kick your off!”, then walk away silently leaving Onew and Minho laughing.

Donghae continues to notice Minho’s good nature. He always saw him helping others or cheering them up. This makes him more fierce and angry. He thought why this guy is so stupid and choose to waste his time helping people though as if he can get something from them in return.

One afternoon, he spotted Minho alone in the corridor, without any hesitation he bolted towards the guy, “Good afternoon Donghae hyung!” Minho greeted him with a smile as soon as he sees him coming. Suddenly, Donghae fists come flying towards Minho’s face and landed on his cheek. Minho fell on his feet rubbing his left cheek turn his gazed to Donghae with a teary eye and swollen reddish face. “That serves you right you motherer!” Donghae said bitterly and leave the dongseng behind.

 

Unexpectedly, untimely and unknowingly,

that’s were love always strikes.

It’s already there silently observing but it knows

when to let the person feel its there.

Thumping and thumping, beating and beating

confusing you,

And then you realized, its the love calling you.

 

Donghae always had a hard time sleeping thinking about his hatred. He hate his family, his friend and almost everyone except his dearest grandma. Donghae never grew up with a father and mother on his side. He was born rich, never in his life did have any problem with money or not having things that he want. Behind all those luxurious things around him that everyone is wishing for, is him longing for the love and care from his parents. He can easily trade all those stuff for his parents’ time but he knew that it would never happen. He’s father is a corporate executive while his mother’s a doctor which sometimes Donghae feels jealous about the patient that his mother’s attending to give them medical assistance. One time when he was a child, he soaked himself outside. Standing still under the heavy rain and tried to get colds, hoping that his mother would cure him, take care of him and even stay beside him at night. None of this hope happens, her mother chose to go abroad to attend a very important seminar and told him that grandma will take care of him while she’s not around. With that she leaves the sick Donghae behind crying and little by little breaking his fragile heart. That’s why Donghae really loves his grandma for she’s serves as his mother and a father. Whenever Donghae feels like crying or whenever he want hugs because he’s scared and lonely he will just go to his grandma’s room and she will gives him a comforting and secured hug and a sincere kiss on his forehead.

It was 3:00 A.M, Donghae finally give it up he can’t sleep. Minho always trying to get into his mind. Did I just feel sorry for him? Did I just regret what I have done to him? This wasn’t me, I always bullied people but never felt guilty about it. What is it in him that makes me feel this way? Damn Minho you’re really driving me mad. Donghae’s thought.

Donghae decided to take a walk on the park since he really can’t drove himself to sleep. He then spotted someone playing on the swing. He recognized the guy it was the guy who’s the reason behind his sleepless night… Minho.

“Umm.. “ Donghae clears his throat, “It’s already —” he was about to say something only to be cut off by Minho. “It is my favorite time of the day where wind are so calming and stars are on its brightest.” Minho said while looking up the cloud and stares amusingly on the stars with a genuine smile on his face. Donghae’s heart skips a beat while looking on the younger’s eyes. In his thought, “His eyes are amazing they are twinkling like the stars, it is so full of life and purity. Those are the eyes you wanna see when you wake or before going to sleep, The eyes that —” cut his thought by his own predicament, “What the am I thinking I’m straight as ! What the hell?! This is —” he was distracted again by a soft laughter coming from Minho. “What?” Dongahae asked. “You look cute when you do that.” Minho said amusingly, “Doing what?” Donghae said and started to feel awkward and blushing. “Drifting in your thoughts. You’re making an expression as if there is something that your two self wont settle down” Minho said innocently. That was a hit on Donghae’s thought and started to get conscious, “Kya!! I-I’m not! It’s just that I find you weird like staying at the park all alone at this hour!” he said defensively trying to sound cool but failed. Minho left out a small chuckle and says, “There will be a time in your life that will makes you do what ever you wanted to do. Bye Donghae hyung! I already forgave you!” tapped the older on his shoulder before leaving.

After that incident at the park, Donghae started to wander what it is about this Minho guy that make him feel interested. He was sometimes pre-occupied by thinking of what was Minho have said to him that dawn, The school start and ends, him still thinking about Minho. That alerts his senses that maybe he like the guy but immediately brushes off his thought and think that it was impossible.

Months have passed and they both been civil to one another. When Donghae and Minho bumped into each other somewhere, they both gave smile or wave to one another. Dongahe often got teased by his friend whenever that thing happens, they said that he is now being friendly to a loser or they would say that he will become as weirdo as that guy, but he just shrugged it off and won’t give them a .

One weekend, Donghae and his grandma where having fun while eating their lunch.

“I missed my Donghae! Your not staying here at home that much.” his grandma said to him with a sulkiness in her voice.

“Granny.. I missed you to. I promised that next week I’ll stay here it’s just that I needed to go somewhere today and it can’t be canceled” Donghae said affectionately trying to win his grandma’s heart and forgiveness.

“You silly boy!” she said with chuckled and continued, “Ok then, just finish you’re breakfast.”. Donghae smiled by his granny’s kindness and infinite understanding, “Surely granny! Ah! Don’t forget to take your medicine! I don’t want to bring you in the hospital again. It’s creepy and scary there at the same time.” he said comically, “Yah babo! I’m your strong granny! And I don’t want hospital either!” she said laughing, “Don’t worry so much baby Donghae, someone is constantly paying his visit here every weekend and talk and take care of me. I will just call him and he’ll be here. ” Granny told him. “Whoa?!” Donghae replied shockingly, “Is he your boyfriend?” he added teasing his granny. “Silly boy! He’s years younger than you! I want you to meet him soon. He’s a very good boy and he has the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen. I think you and him can be good friends” Granny finished and signed to Donghae to eat faster or he’ll be late. “Bye Granny! Sarang!” Donghae waved his goodbye, “Bye Donghai-ssi! Sarang!” his granny waved back and smile.

Donghae regrets the idea of going in the bar with his friends. He felt boredom rising in him, even there are his friends having fun, music everywhere and a girl on his side who keeps playing at the collar of his shirt. When suddenly he feels his phone vibrate which signed that someone is calling. He excuse himself from the girl to go outside and answer his phone.

“Hello?” Donghae said slurry due to the volume of alcohols he drank. “Donghae hyung this is Minho! I need you to go back here. You’re granny have her another heart attack!” Minho on the other line. “What? Wait stay there! Look out for granny I’ll be on my way home!” Donghae said panicking and nervously, “Ok take—” Minho was cut by the dial tone.

“Granny!!” Donghae shouted knocking on their front door. The door opened, Minho standing there with a sad and puffy eyes. “Where’s my granny?” Donghae asked eagerly, “In her room waiting for you” Minho replied and immediately brushed off by Donghae who is not running towards his granny’s room. “Grand ma!” Donghae cried, he felt a little movement and lift his head to meet his granny smiling face, “Ah, my Donghae. Granny is waiting for you. My baby don’t cry be strong I won’t go anywhere” Granny said with her most assuring tone. “Granny I told you to take your meds and eat healthy foods and don’t do anything tiring” Donghae nagged his granny while sobbing. “Donghae there is always a time for everyone that even how much they take care of themselves, only the time will tell if its really your time to go.” Granny said while caressing her grandson’s face wiping off his tears as well. “No grandma! Who will be there for me when you’re gone? I thought you will never leave me like my parents did?!” Donghae started to cry out loud with hears tears rapidly falls on his face, “I will never leave you. I will always be there.” pointing at his grandson’s chest where the heart is being placed, “My body may not be present but my memories and love for you will always be there in you” she said smilingly as she closed her eyes and peacefully drift into an endless sleep. “Granny!!!!!!!” Donghae shouted as he sees his granny’s lifeless body lying on her bed. Minho can’t stand the loneliness and sadness of his hyung, he slowly go near and hug Donghae while patting his back, “Go cry hyung, let it out. Minho-ssi will promised to be with you, may not be forever but for as long as I could” he said to his hyung while comforting him.

Little by little Donghae started to moved on with his life. Since his grandmother’s death he started to became a mature person. With the help of his dongseng Minho, he started to fix his life and chose to cross the right path. He focus on his study with Minho’s guidance in case he have difficulties, he even stopped his bullying and leaves his bad influenced friends behind. Day by day everything started to fall according to his plans.

Aside from fixing his ruined life, he and Minho started to get closer and closer. Minho is his brain while him is his body. Minho teaches him in his academics and in returns he will do something to Minho that requires too much physical effort. He found out that Minho is a weak person who easily get tired in a lot of things. Like one instance while they are studying at the park for their finals. Minho suddenly get dizzy and had an extreme headache, he started to panicked since he didn’t know what to do, just then he decided to carry him home. While they are walking, Minho speak to him and said “Hyung, I’m sorry! I’m such a weak dude! Tomorrow I will buy you an ice cream for carrying me home!” Donghae said, “Minnie-seongsonim~ don’t mind it. This is the only favor I can do for you for now.” Donghae replied affectionately then smiled, Minho then smiled and drifted off to sleep.

Five years have passed and they both doing great together. They finished they’re highschool flawlessly. Minho is now on his 2nd year college while Donghae is on his 3rd . Donghae also then already admitted to himself that he’s inlove with this big eyed guy. He’s happy when they are together and he missed him so much immediately after an hour passed without Minho near him.

One night Donghae prepared his high-school’s favorite place. He placed a picnic mat, then the food and nonetheless the rose. Which he put inside the basket for Minho to open. After minutes of waiting Minho popped out of the bushed and brushed off the leaves from his hair. “I never learn to go here without getting any leaves!” Minho complained. Donghae chuckled and added “You look cute when you have those leaves all over your head” he said teasingly.

They sit and eat together. The night was definitely fun, the wind are relaxing, the trees gives them the refreshing site, the light on the post where bright, and grass were soft and cold. Only their laughter and exchange of teasing are the only thing you can hear besides from the occasional rustling of leaves and branches.

Minho still laughing but Donghae suddenly stop and stared at Minho’s face. Minho felt the stare, he stop laughing and look on to his hyung, “Hyung. What’s wrong?” he asked. “I want you to open the basket beside you” Donghae commanded, Minho then lift the basket lid and peeked inside, he saw the rose and then picked it up. “A rose? What is this for hyunggie?” Minho said while looking adoringly at the rose, then smell it whole heartedly. “Minho, It takes too much courage for me to say this, now that I have a chance I won’t hold it back.” Donghae said waiting for Minho to look into his eyes, just then when they’re eyes met “I love you!” Donghae said with sincerity and wholeheartedly. Minho got his eyes bigger, he then shook his head and says “No! No! That can’t be”. Donghae suddenly feels like there’s a huge sword piercely stabbed his heart, his eyes starts blurring. He didn’t expect this. He thought that Minho loves him too. “B-But why?” he replied shakily. “That just can’t be! This is not right! This thing should not be like this. This isn’t part of my plans! Forget the feelings! You can’t love me. You just can’t!” Minho said while the tears suddenly falls off his eyes. Minho stand up and run away from Donghae. Donghae was stunned by what was Minho have said. There are too many questions in his mind that make him stop from moving, questions like; What he was thinking? I don’t get it! What plan he was talking about? And why is he crying, did I say something that really upset him?

Mixed with anger, confusion and a broken heart he stood up and run after Minho to clear everything once and for all. He know where Minho goes when he feels bad or confused or lonely. He’s right after all, Minho was on his favorite place at the park sitting on the swing, looking up in the stars and crying. Donghae stunned by the situation. Those full of life and bright eyes which he adored for the first time he seen it, is now full of agony and pain with a sea of tears falling from it. His heart now became more broken. All the anger he felt melted away, instead he walked towards Minho stealthy and when he reached him, he hugged him from the back and speak to him “I’m not asking you to love me back. Just let me love you and that’s fine with me”. Minho shrugged off Donghae’s hug, turned around and look at his hyung’s puppy eyes, for a minute they were still and just look into each other’s eyes then Minho can’t contain the pain and his emotions, threw himself to Donghae hugging his hyung tightly while tears stared to fall again, “Hyung! I love you too but we can’t because I lied!” Minho said pushed Donghae shoulder and looked again on his hyung confused eyes, “I am sick.” Minho said, “What do you mean you’re sick? You want me to bring you to the hospital? If you feel good will it be ok for us to love each other?” Donghae asked innocently. “No, hyungie. I’m sick and I’m dying.” with that words coming from his mouth making him shed more tears. “No! You’re not!” Donghae started to understand but keeps on refusing, “You Minho is not going to die! ! You betrayed me! Why did you do this?! You promised me that -” Dongahe cut by his thought, “Oh god! Is this why you told me that you will be with me, may not be forever but for as long as you could?”, Minho can’t do anything but to nod. “Is this why you’re getting so tired easily? Why didn’t you tell me you selfish ?! KYA!” Donghae frustratedly said and starts to run off away from Minho leaving his dongseng behind terribly crying and dejected.

Weeks have passed, both of them stopped talking. Minho understands Donghae’s sudden coldness and avoidance. He needs time to find himself and accepts their fate. Suddenly Minho felt a stab of pain in his head. He yelled so loud because of the pain. His mom came into his room hugging him while he was till jerking out of pain and then suddenly the abyss of darkness swallowed him.

Minho woke up, he felt a familiar warm hand on his IV’ed hand. He slowly stood up and look at the guy peacefully sleeping on his side. He brushed Donghae’s hair and said, “I hate you for the first time I saw you. You always picking for those who are weak, you even punched me in the face which I guess I deserve after yelling at you. I’m sorry it’s just that I don’t want someone who’s so full of himself. I thought you’re the worst person I’ve ever known not until I met your granny. He talks so much about you, of how good you are and how you loved her so much. Just then I started to wander on when can I see that side of yours. When we met at the park, while you are drifted in your thoughts I have this time to look into your beautiful puffy eyes, there it shoots me I already like you. As we grow closer together, as I saw the goodness in you my heart started to beat for you. I’m so happy taking care of you with that I could transcend my love for you. I love you Donghae hyung! I thought I will never feel this kind of love. Thank you!” Minho with tears flowing down his yes, smiled after conveying his feeling with a sleeping Donghae. Without his knowing Donghae is wide awake the whole moment and heard everything he says, he’s just too afraid to show Minho that he’s crying. He don’t want Minho to look at him like a coward specially at this moment when his dongseng needs him as his strength. He fight the eagerness to squeezed Minho into his hugs and peck a lot of kiss on those beautiful but crying eyes.

Donghae already accepted the fact that Minho is going to leave him soon. He then decided to stay beside the person he loves until the end. Everything went well between them. Donghae trying to put a smile and act cheerfully around Minho. And Minho aside from his weakening body still tries his best to keep strong and happy with Donghae.

One day, the doctor and Minho’s mother decided to discharged the patient from the hospital and leave his remaining days outside where Minho really loves.

They reached Minho’s home just before dark, “Donghae hyungie I want us to go at your favorite place tomorrow” Minho said weakly, “Sure Minnie-seongsonim~” he replied half singed put a peck on Minho’s cheek, “For now you need to rest.”

Early in the morning when the sun still doesn’t shine they sat down on Donghae’s favorite place. “You know hyung, the meteor will appear in a while” Minho said looking up in the sky. Donghae then followed Minho’s gazed, “Really?” without waiting too much the meteor shower appears lighting up the whole sky and makes everything bright. “Meteors are like us they shine at their most precious time but in the end they will fall and fade, but then another star will emerge at that same spot and shines the brightest” Minho said. As he meteor keeps falling, Minho’s head also started to fall on Donghae’s shoulder. Slowly closing his eyes and a trace of happiness and contentment on his face. Donghae tears suddenly fell like the dew drops from its leaves, feeling the lifeless body of his meteor on his shoulder.

-END-