Final

Angel In A Devil.

p.s: This is in TaeHyung's point of view


 

Sometimes i really think that heaven sent you to me.

I first met you in high school, you looked cold and fierce. Just like your looks, your personality described you perfectly. You were 'mean' but i thought different, i thought that something inside of you was doing that to you. You had a reason, regardless of what other people might say. 

*She's so mean.*

*She always glares and it's so rude.*

I just  thought that you were special. You didn't open up easily. I never questioned the reason for the way you acted. I knew there was sa soft side to you,  someone inside that's just afriad to show itself. You always kept quiet during breaks and meals. there was so little interaction yet i felt so close. i felt that my presence actually meant something beside you. you still didn't let your guard down, you still defensively hid yourself from others. When we were alone, i finally got the courage inside of me to speak to you. Still afraid of your reaction but i tried "What's your name?" I wondered curiously, i always thought thatit was special. You just shrugged your shoulders and i spoke up again "I'll call you devil then." Then, you were being covered up by the devil that was haunting you.


I realised that you were like a abused pupy, being afraid of the world at some point. Holding everything in like the strong person you are. You started talking at some point in time and i appreciated it with a smile. Weeks passed, were still talking, hanging out like people on the streets. Without noticinng, i broke down at some point of time. You saw what was happening and helped. I wondered if you could help me, why can't i help you. Each time i reached out my hand trying to help, you rejected it. I felt that maybe you weren't ready yet. We got closer during the weeks that we were together. I felt truly happy when you were happily laughing beside me. Your presence made me smile more, not worrying about what people thought.


Us hanging out got more often like four to five days a week. Though in school, we didn't really talk much. I knew you only let your guard down when you were capable of. Soon enough i didn't even realise  that i started to fall for you. Taking small glances at you from time to time. The inner Angel inside of you was finally showing to me. I then decided one day by the park "I'll call you Angel from now on." I grinned like a little kid. You started at me curiously and i just nodded. We enjoyed our frquent hang outs just strolling on the streets, sitting at the rose garden, enjoying the night view at the beach. I realised these little things made you and i happy. The smile that i used with others was nothing compared to the one i used when i was with you. I sincerely enjoyed the fun. With the little texts here and there, we wre blissed. 


One fine day, i saw you on the school's rooftop. Tears were trickling down but you were smiling. I rushed over to you. I felt you then and there. I didn't know what was causing your pain but i felt the pain. The pain was excruciating. The pain that emerged from you was travelled from you to me. Even after sometime, you were crouched at the corner. The pain was still lingering around. I looked into your eyes as i saw the pain. Tears that were still streaming down. I finally broke the silence with a shaky voice "What happened?" You kept your lips sealed. When i thought you wouldn't, you replied with you voice cracking "I'm sick."

I thought *Sick?* i was left confused.

 


You were gone for a few weeks. Not answering phone calls or texts, not appearing in school. I asked your friends what had happened but they were as clueless as me. That day i went back home early, i saw you sitting on my doorstep, shivering in cold. I rushed up to you and supported you inside. You were still shivering , you looked much weaker then before.

Your crimson red lips became a pale shade of shade.

Your chubby cheeks were not as chubby.

Your eyebags were heavier.

I thought it was nothing, you were just tired. "Where were you these few days?" You shrugged. I handed you a blanket and a cup of warm hot chocolate. You were still shivering then i thought something was wrong. There was silence throughout the whole night, i never got the courage to speak up. Our hangouts became quieter,  only few sentences here and there, there wasn't even a laugh. The devil was getting back to you. 


At the beach one night, i spoke in a slightly meaner tone then usual "What really happened? Our conversations aren't even lasting a minute and there is no more happy laughing, why? Is the devil haunting you again?" You kept silent then whispered "I told you i'm sick. And yes, the devil is haunting me once again. Help." I hugged you in my arms as your precious tears fell. I felt so sorry for the mean tone i used. "Let's go to the rose garden tomorrow, that place contains our most memorable memories." We were the happiest there. 


 I reached the rose garden to see you like a little girl. I took out my phone and snapped a picture of you. You looked way too beautiful. I smiled at the picture as you walked towards me. I saw you applied lipgloss and concealer to hide your eyebags and pale lips but i saw through it, you looked even weaker then before. I knew you didn't want me to ask why and i let you be. That day finally, we starte talking,  enjoying and being happy again. It felt like heaven was giving us another chance. I looked at you smiling happily, that made a smile on my face. You took a book that i had seen before and started drawing. "Who are you drawing?" I looked over. "Someone i truly love" You hid the book from me while sticking your tongue out.My heart ached but i grinned at you like a idiot.

*That guy you love must be really special*


The devil was gone again, the happiness came back. You started laughing again but at the same time, coughing alot too. I kept asking myself why. I thought that it was just a cold. The coughing got more frquent and worser but i ignored it. I loved the way you  laughed and smiled.

When you smiled, i smiled.

When you laughed, i laughed.

We decided to meet again at the rose garden. I sent you home with a kiss on your cheek and a kiss on the lips and we parted ways.


A bright day ahead and i happily walked to the rose garden. I had happy steps throughout. I reached but didn't see you there. I just thought that you were late, i waited. But the waiting seemed to went on for hours, you were still not there. I rushed to your house, seeing the door open. The only thing that was left was a baby pink letter and the book you used to draw. I wondered sround but the house seemed empty. I opened the letter that had my name on it.

Kim TaeHyung

I'm gone now, forget me.

When i said i was sick, i had leukemia. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I enjoyed the memories together, at the rose garden, the night walks even the simple strolls. Look at the book. I never got to tell you but i love you so much. As a bestfriend and as a boy. You made the past few months of my life wonderful.

Thank you.

That devil was long gone.

I love you.

"I love you too.."  the tears that were at the edge fell out as my voice cracked. "Thank you for all the precious memories that was and will be the best moment of my life." I took a look at the book and it was all pictures you drew of me,  at every hang out we had. I clutched the book tightly as i stared at our pictures on my phone. I regretted not telling you i love you. I went to the hospital and i saw you lifeless. I stared at you outside the window.

I didn't lose you, I just returned you to heaven.

"Return to where you came from, where angels are."