Prologue

His Salvation

Prologue


 

The room was dark, merely illuminated by the lightning cracking outside. He assumed either someone was practicing, or a battle was taking place, not that he care much. He simply sat there, alone at the edge of his bed, staring at the mirror before him that showed him nothing he wanted to see. Bright, piercing blue, crystal like eyes gazed back at him, almost mockingly as he felt the anger begin to bubble up inside of him. His fists clenched at the sight.

 

Another round of lightning and thunder began as his nails left indents in his clenched palms, almost breaking skin. The room only grew darker with each hateful thought that passed through his mind. He hated his father for falling weak to a human. He hated his mother for seducing his father. He hated his grandparents who seemed to blame him for his parents’ mistake.

 

Why was he the one to be blamed anyways? He wasn’t the one to fall for one of those foolish creatures. He wasn’t the one to stop the family bloodline of pureblood demons. It was his own father. He was the cause of this. He was the one who chose to do the one thing that ruined everything. And now all hands were pointed at him.
 


He was the flaw of their perfection.
 


However, despite knowing for the fact that it wasn’t his own fault for ending this way, he still felt like a mistake. Growing up with the look of disappointment that always followed the back of his head. Growing up with the whispers of his presence being the disturbance of the atmosphere. With years and years of plenty of this misfortune in his life, he was bound to succumb to their cruel words.
 


It was inevitable that he would soon believe them. Because of that, he too hated himself for not being able to live up to his family’s expectations.

 

 

He was supposed to be perfect. He was supposed to be a full-blooded demon, feared by the rest of society with powers unparalleled. Instead, he was left as a Tria, a disgrace to his family name and everyone in it. There was nothing he could do about it, and yet, he wished for nothing more than to change everything.

 


He vowed to change what were the expectations of himself.

 

 

The lightning struck again, causing the lights in the room to flicker dimly before shutting off again. He stood up, walking towards the mirror in front of him. Each step felt heavy against the ground, and the closer he got to the mirror, the more weight seemed to be added over his shoulders.

 

 

His eyes narrowed as he was finally face to face with himself. How he wished he could rip out his own eyes and replace them with the beautiful crimson eyes of the rest of his family, but his parents had cursed him to be this way. He stared hatefully at himself, feeling the pressure in the room steadily increasing. He ignored the feeling, allowing it to increase along with his hatred as he stared at his own reflection.

 

 

It mocked him. He could see it, laughing at him as if it were better than him. The pressure grew, and a sharp crack filled the room as lightning flashed and cracked the mirror, splitting the face of his reflection almost exactly in half. He stared in shock as the right side of his reflection closed it’s eye. He had not closed his eye, and yet it was moving on it’s own.

 

 

His eyes widened in horror as the right side’s eye slowly opened, revealing a beautiful crimson eye he so desperately craved for. A crazed look was in it’s eye, a grin quickly forming to match. It tilted it’s head, staring right back at him with a look he could almost label as pity.

 

 

“So sad, you’ll never be me,” it said. He backed away from the mirror, arm raised as if to cover his eyes but doing no such thing. He couldn’t bring himself to look away. “How depressing. A true disgrace to the family.”

 

 

The left side shook it’s head, a sad expression on its face as he sighed.

 

 

“We can never be what we were meant to be. We are cursed to be merely a Tria.”

 

 

“Seems only right. Such a useless weakling. There are humans that are worth more than you.  What could you do anyway? Full demon or not you still control the weakest element. You will only ever be a Tria. Face it,” the right side said. He shook his head. He wouldn’t allow himself to be a mistake. He would show everyone that he could be strong, and that he could make something of himself. He swore to prove himself otherwise.

 

 

Both eyes closed, but the feeling was still there. The mirror only cracked more as the pressure in the room increased.

 

 

As the reflection opened it’s eyes again, they were a soft gray-like blue. He stared at the calm expression in awe. Never had he seen a demon, or human, with such an eye color. It puzzled him, and drew him only closer to the mirror once again out of curiosity. He reached out slowly, touching the cheek of his reflection and marvelling as his reflection did not move a single inch in return. Instead, it looked at him directly, almost as if it were analyzing him, and he simply stood there and let it.

 

 

“You could be so much more, if you only knew,” it said. He heard the words, but his eyes remained focused on those beautiful orbs in front of him. They were much more eye catching than the red eyes, and he could see the power behind them. He could feel the power flowing within the creature presented to him. It fascinated him to no extent.

 

 

“You limit yourself, and therefore you will never succeed,” it continued. His hand dropped to his side, mesmerized by the creature that had taken his form within the mirror.

 

 

“You will never understand the strength in your veins,” it said. He stared in confusion. He had no real strength within him. His mother had taken that away from him, and he resented her for that.

 

 

“Truly pathetic,” another blast of lightning has snapped his senses as he processed what his reflection was saying. He was weak and useless, a disposable member of the family. His parents tried their best to make him feel welcome, but he would never forgive them for their mistake. The one mistake that destined his life to ruin before he even had the chance to enter the world.

 

 

Feeling the anger bubble inside of him again, he raised his fist. He grit his teeth to hold back a scream of frustration as he swung forward and punched the mirror. His fist stayed there, cut up by shards of the mirror that had pierced his flesh. He shook in anger: at himself; his parents; his family; life. He was a damned mistake. Was even looking into a mirror without receiving any judgement that difficult as well?

 

 

Blood trickled down his fist, some moving down his arm and other drops sliding down the expanse of the mirror. He slowly removed it, letting the blood drop down the the floor instead. The small sound of the blood hitting the floor did little to his mind. It barely crossed his mind that his hand was injured. Instead, his eyes still focused, wide and filled with horror at the figure that never left the mirror, now broken apart, but still there.
 


His reflection remained still, leaving him unmoving as his body felt paralyzed with fear. The air around seemed to suddenly shift, suffocating him both physically and mentally. He looked around the room just to check if he was still alone, and indeed he was the only one present. His head snapped to the mirror when he heard a deep chuckle. It wasn’t any normal sound. It was almost as if it held a million voices that laughed in unison. “Do you still not understand the situation you’re in?”
 


A sickly wide grin flirted upon the reflection’s lips, the corner of each side reaching his ears. He gasped in terror, wanting to turn away from the frightening sight but unable to. His body was locked in it’s position. The wide grin couldn’t possibly get any worse. He wished it wouldn’t get any worse. But being in the already horrible situation he was in, he knew his hopes were simply false.



Those pink lips that seemed to hold the actions of his body, now spread apart, revealing rows of sharp, blood-stained teeth. “Why so afraid?” It giggled. It’s mouth only grew wider in length and height. The white, fair skin by his cheeks were now ripping slowly, thin strings of red being the only thing connecting the bottom of his jaw. “This is what you wanted to be isn’t it?” He felt like vomiting. He had never seen something so horrid, and if anything this was nothing like he wanted to be.



Demons were beautiful. They were perfection to the eyes of all except the heavens.



Laughing, the monster who reflected his face in the mirror let his jaw fall even lower. It was low enough to touch his chest. What once used to be small-teeth became long and tall. They overlapped one another, and though they were white, they still held pieces of his own bloody flesh in between the small spaces. “This is what you call perfection. Am I right?” Those voices mocked him.



They were tearing through his ears even when he tried to block them out. They overpowered him in every way. “Y-You’re wrong-” He managed to say, feeling beads of sweat forming on his forehead.



“Oh? So the weakling can talk?”

 

 

A small sprout of courage overcame him as he stared at the grotesque being in horror. “You are... Disgusting,” he said.

 

 

The creature giggled again, just as horrific as the last, with malice clear in it’s tone. He held his ground though, watching the creature for any more it may make.

 

 

“But this is what you want, isn’t it? You want to be all powerful, and this is the price it comes with. Nothing good happens without a cost, you know?”

 

 

He shook his head. He would never become something so vile. The creature sent shivers down his spine with it’s gaze alone and he knew at that moment that if the creature were real, outside of the mirror, he would stand no chance against it. He would be damned as a mere toy for this creature to play with as it pleased.

 

 

“This is what you seek, is it not? You want power? You want to be feared, don’t you? Everyone in the family is, so why not you?”

 

 

He brought his hands up to cover his ears. He couldn’t listen to it anymore. This creature was playing with his mind like a chew toy, gnawing on every chunk of his brain that it could. There wasn’t a single ounce of humanity in it’s eyes, and it terrified him. This was not was he wanted to become. He wanted to become a powerful, full-blooded demon, like the rest of his family. Never in his mind had he come up with a creature so vile and horrendous.

 

 

“I am perfect, am I not? I have all the power in the world, and I can control it effortlessly.”

 

 

He squeezed his eyes shut, not able to look a second longer at the creature’s image. He shook his head, denying everything the creature was telling him. It was only trying to get to his head, and he couldn’t allow that. The more the creature spoke, the further the words engraved themselves in his mind. He had discard them from himself, before it was too late.

 

 

“Go away!” he shouted. He continued to shout, pleading with the creature to leave him alone and vanish. He couldn’t take any more of the mental abuse it was inflicting on him. The thought of ever becoming something so disgusting made the bile rise to his throat. “P-Please! Stop!”

 

 

“Oh, but my dear, I’ll never stop. I promise you now, that I will never leave you,” it whispered. He heard the voice clearly in his head, and tears pooled in his eyes. He couldn’t live with this torture. It was too much to take.

 

 

“W-Why... Why are you doing this to me?” he asked.

 

 

The creature chuckled at him.

 

 

“Because I want you to hurry up and change already,” the creature replied. “I’m tired of waiting to come out.”  He had no idea what the creature was talking about, and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to know. “Prepare yourself, because I’m coming.”

 

 

He shook his head, refusing to believe that. How would he find this person? He had no idea what they really looked like. For all he knew, this could be an illusion one of his cousins were playing on him just to scare him, although the feeling of it all was too real to simply create. The fact remained though that he knew close to nothing about the creature before him.

 

 

“W-Who are you?”


 


A/N: Do you liiiiiiike it? I love it .-. (Not trying to brag) But she never fails to amaze me ^.^ It was fun writing this prologue with her, and I’m sure many more times will come to where she’ll take my breath away with her writing. You guys, give her some love neh? Both of us worked to get this out! Happy reading~

 

 

>/////< My dongsaengie give me too much credit. Her writing was amazing (even though she wouldn’t let me watch while she wrote) so I hope that you will not only support us here, but also go and take a look at her solo stories as well. They are absolutely breathtaking, and are some of my favorite stories on this site! Thanks for following us, and we hope that you continue to support us with this fic.

 

 

So please comment and tell us what you thought! It’s always nice to get some feedback. It really motivates us! And thank you to all our subscribers!
 


Much sarang to you all from the both of us!

 

Bye bye~ <3

Annyong~