Final

Strawberry Lips

It was a little planned but mostly spontaneous. Hakyeon had pulled Hongbin aside before the stage, whispering into the visual’s ear his plan to which Hongbin had recoiled and stared at the leader in horror.

“C’mon! Do it for the fans Binnie!” Hakyeon whined, following Hongbin around the dressing room. Hongbin’s face was a light pink and he stared at the floor, arms crossed. “It’s not a big deal.”

Hongbin spun around, eyebrows furrowed. “It is a big deal! It’s a big deal to me and it’s embarrassing. I’m not going to do it.”

Hakyeon made a frustrated squawking noise, earning himself a glare from Taekwoon and slumped down on a couch. Almost immediately a coordi noona threw a makeup brush at him, demanding he get up this instant, you are out in 5 and we wouldn’t dare let you perform with wrinkled clothes.  

Muttering a complaint under his breath, Hakyeon got up. “Everyone hates me. Especially you Hongbin.” He looked Hongbin’s way, eyes big and watery, and bottom lip trembling. Hongbin had seen Hakyeon’s puppy dog eyes many times but he felt his resolve weaken a bit.

“You know I don’t hate you Hyung.” Hongbin said sympathetically. In fact it was the exact opposite. Hongbin wouldn’t call it a crush. His preferred term was ‘intense admiration’. Sanghyuk insisted that Hongbin should just admit he wanted to Hakyeon’s but what did the maknae know anyway?

Hakyeon grinned mischievously. “So you’ll do it then?”

Blood rushed to Hongbin’s face as he remembered the request. In front of all those fans, televised and everything Hakyeon wanted him to do that? It would be absolutely mortifying. “N-no! Stop trying to guilt trip me into this!” He stuttered. Hakyeon was so good with his words and Hongbin tripped over his every time.

Hakyeon gave Hongbin a disgustingly sultry look, voice dropping comically low as he crept towards Hongbin in an almost uncanny way, back hunched and batting his eyelashes. “Don’t worry little friend. Cha leader will take care of you.”

Hongbin’s features scrunched up as if he had smelled something foul and he grabbed a can of extra strength hairspray. “Come any closer giving me that look and I’ll knock you out.”

Laughing as he straightened up, Hakyeon’s hand naturally went to fixing his fringe, giving Hongbin a brilliant smile. Hongbin relaxed, a grin breaking out across his face. He knew what would happen next; Hakyeon would give in. Say that he didn’t have to do it and the performance would begin like normal.

“That’s .” Hakyeon smirked. “Knock me out, huh? Is that what the kids are into nowadays?”

Hongbin wailed in defeat. “Hyung stop, that’s weird!”

Hakyeon the creep was back in an instant. Twirling around, Hakyeon draped himself over Hongbin, making kissy faces. “But you love me, don’t you?” He sang, eyes twinkling. He thought it too much fun to mess with the awkward visual.

Hongbin felt like someone had just punched him in the gut. “Please get off me.” He exhaled, no longer enjoying Hakyeon’s antics. He knew what Hakyeon was suggesting was fan service and that Hakyeon did not feel the same way. Hongbin did not enjoy the dull ache in his chest when Hakyeon said those words.

Thankfully, Hakyeon was good at reading people and the smile disappeared quickly as he got off Hongbin, looking at the younger member with concern. “Are you feeling okay, Hongbin? If there is anything wrong you can tell me.”

“Nothing is wrong.” Hongbin stared at the floor, voice hushed. “We’re on soon, we should hurry hyung.” His body felt heavy and as he trudged to the stage side, Hongbin entertained the idea that Sanghyuk might be right.

The stage progressed like normal but Hongbin felt like he was suffocating under the bright lights and roar of the fans. His part with Hakyeon came much too quickly and Hongbin could feel his hands trembling as Hakyeon approached him, face serious and lips moving as he sang. Hakyeon’s fingertips seemed to sear a burn into Hongbin’s neck and he looked at the floor, breathing heavier than usual. Hongbin was not a man of weak resolve but he could feel Hakyeon close to his face, closer than he had ever been and of course, like an idiot, looked up.

A small smile was the only warning he got before he felt a press of lips against his own and his eyes widened in panic. The cheering of the fans went silent and the music continued. Hakyeon tasted like strawberries.

It was over as quickly as it started, a small peck, before the choreography kept moving smoothly. Hongbin finished in a trance, face blank, only rehearsed expressions every once in a while. The stage ended and the fans’ cheers where deafening as they shuffled off the stage. Hongbin almost tripped coming down the stairs.

“Be careful.” Hakyeon’s voice was quiet but cheerful and Hongbin wanted to punch him. “I need to talk to you.” Hongbin said nothing, only let Hakyeon tug him towards the men’s toilets, tears prickling at his khol lined eyes. It was just fan service. Hakyeon didn’t like people like him.

It was as if he was hearing everything through cotton. The click as Hakyeon locked the door and his soft words that Hongbin couldn’t make out. He stared past Hakyeon at the blue tile wall, his hands balled up into tight fists. He could see Hakyeon frown out of the corner of his eye and the leader came closer, cupping Hongbin’s cheek. Hongbin inhaled sharply, lips parting for a second.

All of a sudden everything was clear and Hongbin felt like he had just been slapped. He tasted strawberry.

Hakyeon kissed him soft and slow, gently trying to coax a reaction out of Hongbin. Hongbin could feel a tear escape and he gasped into Hakyeon’s mouth. His hands flew up to grab Hakyeon’s shirt and Hakyeon’s free hand held Hongbin by the waist. His eyes were closed, the rose pink shadow on his lids and fluttering eyelashes. This didn’t feel real.

But when Hakyeon went to pull back and his eyes opened, lidded and gazing at Hongbin for some reason it felt real. They had their foreheads together and Hongbin could feel Hakyeon shake as he took a deep breath before kissing the younger man again.

Slow and sweet, Hongbin felt intoxicated. He didn’t ask questions, didn’t press too hard. But it was only when Hakyeon starting driving him back and he felt the cool tile counter against his back that reality hit and Hongbin shoved Hakyeon away, gasping.

Hakyeon was obviously shocked and when he reached out towards Hongbin, Hongbin smacked his hand away. “Don’t.” His voice was cracked. “Don’t play around like this.”

“Play around? What are you talking about?” The concern in his voice was apparent and Hongbin felt a sob bubbling up in his chest.

“You don’t love me.” Hongbin whimpered, gripping the counter. “You’re not gay.”

It was quiet. And then Hongbin heard Hakyeon hiss, “I’m gonna kill that little .”

Hakyeon sighed in relief, chuckling. “Hongbin, I don’t know if you noticed but I am the gayest person to grace this Earth with my fruity presence. I have no idea why you thought I was straight nor do I have any idea why you are crying.”

Hongbin looked at Hakyeon, gaping. “B-b-but you like girls! I know you do!”

Crossing his arms and leaning against the wall, Hakyeon raised an eyebrow. “Oh really? And who did you hear that from?”

It took Hongbin a second before his eyes widened. “Han Sanghyuk you nugget!”

Hakyeon burst into laughter, doubling over. “ nugget? Seriously?”

“But why would he do that?” Hongbin whined, slumping against the counter, a huge weight lifted off his shoulders.

Still laughing, Hakyeon wiped invisible tears from his eyes. “Ah nugget. That’s good. I think it has something to do with the fact that he doesn’t have a soul. And he has a bet going on with Jaehwan that you’re too much of a to confess. I didn’t know he told you I was straight though. I think that’s against the rules.”

“I am not a !” Hongbin’s voice was high as he rubbed his teary eyes.

Shrugging, Hakyeon helped him wipe the smudged liner away. “You kinda are.”

Hongbin gasped, offended, before smacking Hakyeon’s arm. “No I’m not!”

Hakyeon gave Hongbin his famous stank face before neck chopping him. “Is this how you treat your hyung, you brat? Didn’t I teach you manners?”

Groaning, Hongbin laid his head on Hakyeon’s shoulder. “I hate everybody. Please don’t tell me we could have gotten together sooner because I’ve liked you since our debut.”

Hakyeon patted his head sympathetically. “I think you have a bubble so I’ve had a crush on your since our trainee days but only began to acknowledge your ugly mug right before we started promoting On and On.”

“You’re an I don’t want to date you anymore.”

Hakyeon snorted. “You just cried a whole new ocean because you thought I didn’t like you, you weenie.”

Hongbin couldn’t help but smile at that. “You’re the one who likes said weenie.”

Rolling his eyes, Hakyeon forced Hongbin to look at him, smiling before kissing him again. “You’re cute.” He said softly. Hongbin grinned, dimples showing, returning the kiss. At least it worked out in the end and they were currently trending on Twitter #vixxisgay

“Can I give you a on the counter or is that moving too fast?” Hakyeon whispered.

“How romantic,” Hongbin huffed sarcastically. “Give me a in our bathroom because this isn’t sanitary and I don’t want to get gonorrhea.”

“Deal.”

  


Author's Note:

Chabin is gross and dumb and VIXX is full of homos