Chapter 1

Derp's Fairy Tales: Mirage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Omma! Tell me a good story tonight!”

The cute young boy looked eagerly at the woman whom he called as his mother, hoping that she would tell him stories before his bedtime like how she always did. The woman smiled back at her child and sit down by his bed after she picked on the book for their bedtime stories.

She looked at her child again while holding the thick book containing variety of stories with a smile that came across her lips.

“—Dae, what story do you want to listen to for tonight?” The mother asked warmly as the little boy looked at her with shining eyes.

“Omma, hit me with your best shot!” He smiled proudly after trying to sound like a matured man with his boyish voice.

The mother broke into a heartfelt laughter and nodded at her son.

“Okay, here it goes.

                Once Upon A Time—

 

That is how it goes every night for the mother and son while the father was away for some work. The mother would always tell stories to her lovable child every single night just to make sure her child will have a peaceful sleep. The family of three was not an ordinary family for they are well-known for their kindness and well-mannered personality towards other people. They are known as a family that lives a simple and ordinary life. They are more well-received by the people around their neighborhood not due to wealth nor prosperity. They are known more as a family that is very humble, nice and lives an ordinary life. Their friendly and kind nature brings those around them closer than ever.

 

—They lived happily ever after.

“The end” The mother smiled warmly at her son who had fallen in a deep sleep with a warm smile.

“Dream well, Jongdae. Keep on believing in the world of fairytale. You may not see it now, but the fairytale will unfold itself in your life. Take risk in believing it, my love.”

Each and every night, the mother will always whispers words or sentences to her child, Kim Jongdae after she tucked him on the bed. This happens ever since he was born into their world, bringing them happiness and laughter along the way.

“I love you, my baby.” The mother muttered softly after kissing her five years old baby forehead.

“Will this happiness last for us?” The mother sighed.

“Dear, happiness will always last forever for those who believe in it. Don’t worry about it. Let us cherish every single days we’ve spent together as three. I love you, Mrs. Kim.” The father smiled warmly to his wife and hugged her from the back.

“Cheesy Mr. Kim~” The wife laughed cheerfully as the husband twirl her around. Unbeknownst to them, their little boy was watching the whole scene with a warm smile. 

“Cheesy mom and dad” The two adult laughed at their child remarks and exchanged a mischievous grin with each other before running to their child and tickled him hard.

The sweet morning they shared every morning make the people around them idolized the family.

The family bonds continue to strengthen everyday as the days passed by. None of them ever questions any kind thing that happened along the way. However, it seems the happiness have its limit when things started to change.

It was raining heavily that day, when the child named Kim Jongdae found crying in the street. He who witnessed the terrible incident that killed both of his parents cried all night long with the spectators watching by the roadside. The spectators who are no other than his neighbors could only watched that little kid who bawled his eyes out, crying alone over the death of his parents. None of them moved even just one step towards that kid who suffered enough for not being able to go near the scene. They just used their mouth to speak of how sympathy they felt for the child who have not hit puberty yet. It’s not like they do not want to go near and comfort the child, but that is just how the society works for them. If you comfort that child, you might get involve with his life. Their heart were filled with sadness once again when Kim Jongdae, the child of The Kim’s family cried his heart out the moment he sees his parents’ body covered with blood taken away by the ambulance.  

A few days later, that little child Kim Jongdae returned to his small cozy family home and opened the door. This time with smile absent from his face, he muttered softly.

“Mom and dad, I’m home.” Only the sound of wind blowing inside the house can be heard. The echoes of that little Jongdae’s voice were left unanswered.

He tried again this time, hoping that someone could at least answer him.

“MOM AND DAD, I’M HOME. YOUR DAE IS HOME.”

The social worker who is with him, Miss Jung try her best to remain as professional as ever but failed as she looked at the child who continuously calling out for his parents. She does not want to cry and in front of that little child, she cried.

“Jongdae ah… No one is here. Your mom and dad have passed away in that accident.” Miss Mong voice quivered as she tried to hold back her tears.

Jongdae turn to look at the social worker who accompanied him all the way back into his own house with an expressionless face.

“Miss Jung…”

“Yes?” The young passionate woman quickly rushed over to Jongdae’s side and squat down to his height.

“Why did my mom and dad left me if they knew I will be sad without them around?” Jongdae’s eyes stuck upon Miss Jung’s eyes as she looked at him in disbelief. Jongdae asked again, slower this time uttering every word with his eyes b with tears.

“They love you, Jongdae.” Miss Jung tried to reach out for the boy to comfort him with a hug.

“No, that’s not the answer I want to hear.” Jongdae pushed away her hands and looked at her straight in the eyes.

“I don’t know, Jongdae… We must go now. A friend of your father’s has been waiting for us outside the house.

Jongdae ignored her and turn his back towards his house surroundings that no longer have anything inside it. Empty as how Kim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter