Finale: New

Iron Curtain

Jungkook closed his eyes as he collapsed to the cold hardwood dance floor. Beads of sweat ran down his neck and disappeared within his drenched shirt as his chest heaved up and down in efforts to fill his body with more oxygen. He opened his eyes and scanned the dance practice room tiredly. Everyone was in no better condition. Their bodies were all aching from the hours of nonstop practicing and their throats were all sore from the difficult vocal runs they were trying to perfect before the deadline of their comeback. Namjoon and Yoongi were resting by the mirrors but they were still discussing about the song they had composed together for the upcoming album. Jimin and Hoseok were still dancing but Jungkook could see how their legs seemed to shake, as if they were going to fall out from under them any time soon. Seokjin was chugging down from his water bottle before refilling it once again. Taehyung was at the dorms. He had sprained his ankle the day before and was resting to help his ankle heal faster. Taehyung still pushed himself to go to the vocal practices despite the pain.

“Jungkook-ah, you need to get the one part right. It’s left foot out first, not right. I don’t understand why you keep messing up. You’re usually never likes this,” his dance instructor scolded what seemed to be the hundredth time that day.

“I’m sorry. I’ll get it by tomorrow. I promise, okay?” Jungkook replied through gritted teeth. He was angry with himself and annoyed with the instructor. His body felt dead but the instructor had given him no mercy as he forced Jungkook to go through the drills over and over again.

The instructor sighed. “We’ll start again tomorrow since it looks like you guys can’t move anymore. Be here at six in the morning sharp. Jungkook, you better have the move down by then.”

Everyone nodded and waited for the instructor to leave. Jungkook pushed himself off the floor before grabbing his gym bag. He swung it over his shoulder and made his way to the door. “I’m heading back first.”

The others just grunted and continued with whatever they were doing. The group was usually never like this. They were all usually very cheerful and enthusiastic. They would all come and leave together with big smiles and bright attitudes but that was never the case when a comeback was only a week away. They were stressed, exhausted and spent. Everyone was tired and easily irritable, including Jungkook. The pressure of living up to his title of the Golden Maknae was getting to him. He didn’t want to disappoint his fans and he wanted to prove to himself that was worthy.

When he reached the door, a cheery Taehyung immediately greeted him. Taehyung was known, as 4D Prince after all, his mood often swung back and forth and it had always been completely unpredictable. But with the added stress, the changes in his mood became drastic and quick.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around the younger and laughed brightly as he pulled him into a tight hug. “Welcome back, Kookie~ Where are the others? Are you hungry? How was practice? I’m sorry I couldn’t be there but my ankle is okay now, I think. I should be back to normal by tomorrow-”

Jungkook pushed Taehyung off of him and the older stumbled back. “I’m really tired, hyung.”

Taehyung nodded vigorously. “Okay! Do you want some tea? I’ll start a bath for you in one second. Do you want some extra pillows? Maybe an extra blanket as well? I’ll take care of you, Kookie~”

“Could you just shut up for like two minutes? I am so exhausted and I’m falling behind in choreography. I never fall behind. I really need to be alone and I can’t deal with this right now. So if you wouldn’t mind, could you just leave me alone, V?”

Jungkook instantly regretted his words the moment they left his mouth. Hurt instantly washed over Taehyung’s expression, as the older’s lips trembled into a sad frown. The soft eyes widened before dropping to the floor. Taehyung visibly swallowed before speaking again. “I’m sorry for annoying you, Jungkook-ah. You can go rest. I’ll stop talking to you from now to stop bothering you.”

His usually cheery voice was ice cold and his words cut through Jungkook like a blade. Jungkook opened his mouth to take back his words but was interrupted when his other hyungs pushed passed him.

“Why are you just standing there, Jungkook?” Seokjin asked curiously as he threw his thin jacket aside.

“Yeah, you’re blocking the entire way,” Jimin added jokingly as he headed for the kitchen for a snack.

“Are you feeling better, Taehyung?” Hoseok asked as he slipped out of his shoes.

Taehyung looked up and his usual smile had returned to his face. Jungkook frowned, wasn’t he sad just a few moments ago? “Yeah. Everything should be back to normal by tomorrow.”

Hoseok laughed. “Awesome. Let’s go play something on the play station. I need to relax.”

Taehyung smile turned into a smug grin. “Call of Duty? Are you sure? Last time I remember, you got your handed to you.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “I was having a bad day. I swear I’ll beat you this time.”

Taehyung grinned. “Sure. Now come on."

Hoseok and Taehyung began to walk towards the living room. “V-hyung?” Jungkook called out hesitantly.

Hoseok turned around and looked at Taehyung but he kept walking as if he didn’t hear. Hoseok eyes met with Jungkook’s and he just shrugged his shoulders before jogging to catch up with other.

Jungkook’s eyebrows knit together in confusion but he decided to ignore it as he headed for the shower. After taking a hot shower, he quickly dressed himself in a loose t-shirt and baggy pants before hearing Yoongi call for him for dinner. He immediately bolted down the stairs at the mention of food and was in his seat in less than a second. One by one, the other members began to arrive. Taehyung and Hoseok were last. They were arguing childishly over who had won over their little game. Taehyung pouted and Jungkook laughed. He always thought Taehyung was exceptionally cute even though he was older than himself.

They all settled in and ate their simple chicken dinner that Seokjin had quickly prepared an hour earlier. Jungkook’s eyes scanned the table before reaching what he needed. “V-hyung, could you pass me the pepper?”

Taehyung didn’t even blink nor did he spare Jungkook a glance as he passed the seasoning over quietly. No one seemed to notice but Jungkook did right away. Usually, Taehyung would have smiled cheekily before nodding enthusiastically but today his expression was completely void of emotion. Jungkook chewed on his lip. Was Taehyung possibly mad at him? Taehyung was never mad at anybody though and it seemed almost impossible to see Taehyung yell at someone seriously. Taehyung was still interacting with him (though very little) yet acting strangely with solely him.

Jungkook ate his dinner in silence as he tried to figure out what was going on inside the head of the group’s alien. He came up with nothing.

Everyone quickly said their goodnights after finishing dinner. They were all exhausted and knew that another day of brutal practicing was only a couple hours away. Jungkook churned restlessly in his bed. He rolled over to his right and stared at the bright digital alarm clock that sat on his bedside table. 4:02AM. Jungkook silently groaned and rubbed his eyes as he pulled the covers up to his chin, in efforts to get himself more comfortable. It was pretty rare for him to sleep alone. V-hyung basically crept into his bed every night. Jungkook wasn’t sure why he did it but Taehyung had always been touchy with all the members, maybe even a little extra with Jungkook. The bed felt abnormally big, cold and empty without his elder in it with him and the maknae would be lying if he said that he was completely comfortable sleeping by himself without the soft breathing and warmth that radiated off V-hyung that usually lulled him to sleep.

He groaned and rolled over in his bed before getting up. Jungkook knew he wasn’t going to get a wink of sleep so he decided to go to the kitchen to grab a cup of water. He was sure to be quiet so that he wouldn’t wake up him hyungs. He walked passed Hoseok and Jimin’s room before stopping in his tracks. The door was wide open and the morning sunrise was peaking through the dark curtains, lighting up the room ever so slightly. Curled right next to Hoseok-hyung’s side was Taehyung, who snored ever so slightly with the most blissful expression Jungkook had ever seen. Jealousy poured into the pits of Jungkook’s stomach and he found himself grumbling quietly about how V-hyung had ditched him, and had left him all alone. He reached the kitchen and opened a cupboard before grabbing a glass cup. Jungkook filled it with tap water and finished the drink in a single swig.

He jumped ever so slightly when he heard a soft ‘ow’ from behind him. Jungkook chuckled quietly when his eyes focused on what had made the sound. Taehyung was waddling towards the kitchen with a thick blank wrapped around his body. His eyes were swollen with sleep and he rubbed at them slowly before blinking a few times. He must have lightly stubbed a toe.

When he saw Jungkook, he pursed his lips and lowered his eyes. Taehung immediately turned around and began to return to bed but Jungkook was not having any of that. “Is there anything you need, hyung?” He asked innocently, hoping to get some kind of human response from the other.

Taehyung just shook his head and continued to leave. Jungkook scowled. This happened all the time. Jungkook often woke up in the middle of the night to go grab a drink of water; Taehyung would always wake up and come with him before waiting for him to return to bed. Jungkook had told Taehyung to just wait in bed but his hyung always complained of the bed being too cold and scary alone.

Jungkook wasn’t sure why Taehyung had come down to the kitchen today when they were not sharing a bed. He must have heard some noise and automatically came down. Jungkook smiled at the thought. It was nice to see that his hyung was so accustomed to something surrounding the maknae.

Maybe he’s ignoring me?

Jungkook’s eyes widened when the connections were finally tied together in his head. Taehyung was ignoring him because Jungkook had told him to shut up earlier. Jungkook hadn’t expected for his hyung to take it so seriously but it was obvious that Taehyung was hurt.

Jungkook would apologize tomorrow. Feeling better, he went to bed.

He just had to apologize, right? Easy.


Jungkook only gave himself a half hour of sleep before he pulled himself out of his bed. He needed to practice extra early because he still needed to get that one dance step perfectly. He was determined to get the move down, sleep or not.

Jungkook quickly rinsed himself in the shower before slipping on some clothes. He reached the dance studio in fifteen minutes. Jungkook pulled open the door and stopped in his tracks. “V-hyung?”

The older stopped dancing and turned around. A light sheet of sweat shone against his forehead and his chest raised and fell heavily as he tried to regulate his breathing. He gave a quick glance in the maknae’s direction but quickly resumed his dancing.

Jungkook watched after entering, as Taehyung effortlessly finished the dance routine. Taehyung wasn’t in the dance line but that didn’t mean that he wasn’t phenomenal. When the song ended, Taehyung’s breathing was now audible. He rested his hands on his knees for a few moments before heading towards the water fountain.

Jungkook swallowed nervously as he walked towards his older. This was probably one of the rare moments in a day where Jungkook would be able to talk to the older without risking a chance of being interrupted by his other hyungs.

He reached out to tap on Taehyung’s shoulder but the older sensed the movement first. He quickly maneuvered himself away from the maknae and walked back towards the mirror. Jungkook swore quietly under his breath and made an effort to catch Taehyung’s gaze in the mirror but his hyung kept his eyes to the ground. Jungkook sighed. “Did you come early to catch up on the others?”

V just nodded as he played with his fingers. “Would you mind if I practiced as well?”

He shook his head.

Jungkook pursed his lips as he headed over to press play once again. The strong rhythm filled the room and Taehyung and Jungkook found themselves falling into place. It looked as if Taehyung refused to talk to him at all. Jungkook hoped that Taehyung would loosen up during another run of the dance though he himself felt like he was just getting angrier.

After they finished, Jungkook was boiling with frustration. Taehyung had his eyes glued to the floor the entire time. Jungkook even purposely bumped into V to see if he would do anything. He didn’t. “Why are you ignoring me?” He yelled on impulse. Taehyung flinched at the random act of anger but brought his eyes to Jungkook. He tilted his head to a side and shrugged his shoulders as if he was trying to ask what do you mean?

Jungkook ran a hand through his slightly still damp hair. “Why won’t you talk-“.

The door to the studio suddenly swung open and his hyungs began piling in, including their instructor. “You feeling better, V?” The instructor asked as he placed his black gym bag onto the floor.

Taehyung instantly lightened as he pushed past Jungkook and waddled over to where the rest stood. “Yes! Everything is fine now.”

The instructor nodded. “Good. Let’s start with a quick run.”

They all ran to their positions and waited for the music to begin. They were all slightly sleepy except for Jungkook. He felt his fists clench and his jaw lock as he stared at Taehyung, who was currently joking around with Hoseok and Jimin. Taehyung laughed as he went to give Hoseok a back-hug and Jimin was quick to join the cuddle.

How the hell was he going to apologize if V wouldn’t even talk to him? And why the was Taehyung acting so friendly with the others? Taehyung had always been touchy but Jungkook couldn’t help but feel like his hyung was being extra with the others. Was it jealousy? Obviously not. At least in Jungkook’s eyes. He watched, as Taehyung couldn’t stop laughing as they went through the routine. Jungkook could tell that his cheerful attitude had rubbed off on everybody and everyone found themselves smiling stupidly along if not laughing.

He waited for Taehyung to turn to him and run up to him before asking why he wasn’t smiling. Taehyung would frown which only looked like a pout and Jungkook wouldn’t be able to not smile back. It was very rare for V to show aegyo on purpose but he often did so to Jungkook. Jungkook liked that. He also liked how he was the only one with a nickname. Jungkook only ever let Taehyung call him ‘Kookie’ because it was just too adorable. Though Taehyung was older than him, he definitely was the cutest in the group.

The routine finished before Jungkook even realized it. “Well done, Jungkook. You finally got the move right.”

Jungkook blinked a couple times before turning to his instructor. He laughed nervously. “Thank you.”

“What did you do different?” He asked curiously.

“Uh… I just didn’t think about it,” Jungkook replied. It was the truth.

The instructor nodded. “That always seems to work. Keep it up.”

Jungkook agreed and the practice grieved on. It was noon in the afternoon when the practice was called over. Everyone was surprised. The practice never ended this early.  They saw their manager walk in and they bowed.

“You will all be filming a short interview. The vans are all waiting for you outside. Go take a shower, get styled and meet back here in half an hour. Do not be late.”

Everyone nodded and bowed before scurrying off back to their dorms. Jungkook walked behind Taehyung and Hoseok while grumbling to himself angrily. Seokjin and Yoongi noticed the maknae’s sulking and laughed when they figured out it was because of V.

“Something wrong?” Seokjin asked casually as he walked aside Jungkook.

“Nothing,” Jungkook replied under his breath with his eyes still glued to Taehyung’s back.

Yoongi raised a suspicious eyebrow and smirked. “Oh really? What’s up with Taehyung? He’s usually always all over you after practices. Did he find someone better?”

Jungkook stopped walking and lightly punched his hyung in the arm. Yoongi laughed and Seokjin bit back a chuckle. “Shut up. It’s not like I noticed anyway."

The two rolled their eyes and shook their head but said nothing as they all pulled into the black vans. They all reached at where the interview would be taking place at in fifteen minutes. It was a large building that didn’t look any different from the others that surrounded them. Everyone’s mood was bright as usual since it was rare to get such a break from practice when it was so close to their comeback. Taehyung linked arms with Hoseok and Yoongi before tugging them forward. Yoongi-hyung turned around and flashed a teasing smirk at Jungkook as he tightened his arm around V’s. Jungkook chewed onto his bottom lip and furrowed his brows. Nine out of ten times, it would be usually Taehyung attaching himself to Jungkook. He shivered under the cold breeze and hurried into the building. The maknae was definitely confronting Taehyung after the interview.

“So V-oppa, who are you closest to out of all the members?” The young female interviewer asked.

Jungkook smiled smugly as he leaned back into his seat. He knew the answer. It was definitely hi- “JHope-hyung!” Taehyung replied effortlessly with a smile.

Jungkook immediately shot himself out of his seat as his eyes widened before turning into a full-forced glare upon his hyung. Everyone’s surprised eyes turned to face the maknae.

“Are you alright, Jungkook-sshi?” The interviewer asked with concern clear in her expression.

He laughed nervously as he settled back into his seat after a quick bow. “Yeah, sorry. I was just surprised with V-hyung’s answer,” he replied quickly without realizing what he had just said.

The interviewer raised an eyebrow and crossed her legs. “Oh? Why were you surprised then?”

The maknae was suddenly hyperaware of the light sweat on his forehead. He casted a quick glace over at his hyungs. Everyone looked even more surprised except for V. His expression stayed frozen. Jungkook felt his frustration returning to him and his anxiety was quick to leave him. He kept his glare strong as he answered the interviewer with false kindness. “I just thought V-hyung would have answered with someone else.”

The interviewer pursed her lips. It was obvious that the boy did not want to talk about V-oppa any further but she also wanted to know why he had acted so strongly against the older’s answer. “Is that so? Then who are you most close to then, Jungkook?” She answered cautiously.

A small smile played on the ends of Jungkook’s lips. He broke his gaze with his hyung before turning to her. “Jimin-hyung.”

She nodded and smiled while Jimin wrapped an arm around him before laughing. Jungkook looked over at Taehyung and felt satisfied when he saw a look of hurt swirling in the older’s eyes.

He would have been upset if any of the hyungs suddenly started ignoring him but having V cut off all contact with him made him so much more angry and sad.

Jungkook was initially planning to confront the older after the meeting but the maknae decided that it would be best for Taehyung to get a taste of his own medicine.


“This is stupid,” Namjoon drawled as he finished his drink. Yoongi, Hoseok and Seokjin nodded thoughtfully. The younger ones were in the living room fighting over what movie to watch and the older ones often used this time to talk amongst themselves.

“I agree. Do any of you know what’s going on between Kookie and Taehyunnie?” Jin asked carefully.

Hoseok sighed as he leaned back into his chair. “All I know is that Taehyung is basically in love with Jungkook and the idiot is too oblivious to notice it.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Everyone knows. Even Jimin knows.”

Jin his lips. “Yeah but why are they ignoring each other?”

“Just let the two figure these things on themselves. It’ll be fine,” Yoongi said lazily. He hated playing “parent” for the group.

Hoseok snorted. “I doubt it. Taehyung showers the maknae with affection and Jungkook refuses to believe that he has a special spot for the prince. The two are too dumb to even realize their own feelings.”

Namjoon rubbed his temples. “Hoseok’s right. Taehyung ignoring Jungkook is really affecting the entire group. Did you not see the interview? Jungkook looked like he was ready to shoot daggers out of his eyes and decapitate the next person who touched V while Taehyung looked like he was about to burst in to tears and evaporate.”

Yoongi suppressed a laugh at Namjoon’s interesting similes and Namjoon glared at him. Yoongi settled for a sly smile. “Why don’t we just set the two up to talk it out? Like leave them alone for a couple hours. That’s bound to clear up the air.”

Hoseok jumped in his seat. “Are you kidding? Taehyung’s probably going to messily confess his feelings and Jungkook’s going to realize his own and before you know it, we got two teenagers ing everywhere they can like there’s no tomorrow.”

Jin choked on his drink. “Jesus do you have to be that blunt, Hoseok?”

Hoseok shrugged his shoulders before grinning. “It’s the truth.”

Yoongi snickered. “How is that even a bad thing?”

Namjoon pursed his lips. “Yoongi’s right-“

“Of course I am,” Yoongi interrupted confidently.

“Shut up you swag princess,” Namjoon muttered before continuing his speech. “As I was saying, it’s better for the two to just get over this as soon as possible. They’re wasting time if anything.”

Hoseok sighed. “Alright. But if we catch Taehyung’s in Jungkook’s on a random table tomorrow morning, remember that I warned you.”

Jin punched Hoseok lightly in the shoulder. “Damn it, Hope. The kids are in the other room.”

Hoseok laughed as he rolled his eyes. “You’re such a grandma sometimes.”

“If anything, there’s no way that Taehyung would top Jungkook,” Yoongi randomly added as he played with the ring on his finger.

Hoseok scoffed. “How much do you want to bet?”

“I swear to god I will dye all your underwear pink and burn all your sneakers if you two don’t shut up,” Jin scolded.

Hoseok and Yoongi laughed under their breaths but stopped immediately when Taehyung walked in. “Why do they need to shut up?” Taehyung asked quietly.

Jin smiled. “Nothing. We are actually heading out for a bit. You won’t mind, right?”

Taehyung shook his head. “Okay. Who’s going?”

Yoongi his lips. “Everyone except for you and Jungkook.”

Taehyung’s eyes widened. “Oh no please let me come with you!”

The rest of the group all suddenly crowded into the kitchen and everybody stood up. Yoongi wrapped an arm around Jimin while the others began to file out. “We’ll see you in a couple hours. Don’t burn down the house!”

Jungkook watched as the door to their dorm slammed shut leaving Taehyung and him completely alone. He looked at the older at the corner of his eye. Taehyung looked completely lost. Jungkook swallowed. It was now or never.

“Taehyung,” Jungkook called as he turned to face the other.

Taehyung visibly froze but was quick to turn around and walk away.

Jungkook growled as he grabbed the crook of V’s elbow to prevent him from leaving. A small whimper left Taehyung’s lips and for some reason, Jungkook felt a shock of a arousal thunder down his spine from the small sound. To be honest, it didn’t even surprise the maknae. He would be lying if he said that dreams of Taehyung writhing and panting from beneath him didn’t haunt him nearly several times a week.

Taehyung tried to squirm his way out of Jungkook’s grip but the younger kept a strong hold. “Let go,” he whispered.

Jungkook pulled Taehyung towards him and made the older face him. “Tell me why you are ignoring me.”

Taehyung his lips. Jungkook’s eyes followed the movement. “I’m not.”

Jungkook growled. “What?! You’re not?! Bull. You’re always by my side and now all of a sudden you won’t even spare a glance at me. You call that not ignoring?”

Jungkook watched as tears welled in Taehyung’s eyes. V pushed himself away from Jungkook and they both stumbled back. “Isn’t that what you wanted? You wanted me to stop talking to you, right? I was just a nuisance to you, right?!” Taehyung yelled as he slowly gained confidence. His eyes slowly rose to meet Jungkook’s and his voice became firmer by the second. “You’re so mean to me. You treat me so horribly compared to how I treat you. You know why you felt such a difference when I stopped talking to you?! It’s because it’s always me who goes looking for you. It’s always me giving you hugs, clinging to your side and talking to you. It’s always me who goes looking for you! It’s never you.”

Jungkook swallowed as Taehyung’s words struck him. He was 100% right. When did the maknae ever seek Taehyung’s attention first? The maknae deserved this. He never thought twice about how he treated the older. Taehyung never did he ever snap at Jungkook. So what gave the right for Jungkook to snap at him?

Taehyung watched with trembling lips as Jungkook’s expression stayed frozen. He felt the tears fall over his cheeks. “Of course. Of course you didn’t notice,” Taehyung muttered before turning around and leaving the room. He went straight to the front door and closed it behind him as he left. The older couldn’t take being in the same building with the maknae any longer. Taehyung loved him with all his heart since they debuted. Jungkook’s passion was breathtaking and the golden’s rare smiles always managed to make Taehyung’s heart melt. It’s been a year now and nothing has changed. The feeling of heartbreak was something very new to the prince and it shook his fragile soul like no other.

Taehyung shivered as he pulled tried to pull his hood over his head only to realize he was wearing only a t-shirt. He wrapped his arms around himself before heading forward. He didn’t know where he was going but it didn’t really matter. The cold wind felt nice against his cheekbones.


“You what?!” Hoseok yelled from the other line.

Jungkook sighed and adjusted the phone. “Uh, V-hyung got mad at me and he left the dorm.”

You could basically hear Hoseok slap his forehead. “And you didn’t go after him? Damn it, Kook. Taehyung could be anywhere. He always wanders around when he’s upset. It’s always nearly impossible to find him!”

Jungkook hung his head low. “I know. I’m sorry, hyung.”

Instead of Hoseok’s voice answering him, it was suddenly Yoongi’s. “Yo, Jungkook?”

“Yoongi-hyung?”

“Yeah. Did Taehyung say anything to you?”

Jungkook furrowed his brows together. “What do you mean?”

There was some rustling sound but Jungkook couldn’t make out what it was. “Sorry. Seokjin is trying to take the phone away from me. Anyways, did Taehyung, you know, say anything out of the norm?”

Jungkook his lips. “Not really? He just kind of made me realize how much I had hurt his feelings.”

“That’s it?”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. “Yeah. Why?”

“Nothing and did you realize that you are madly in love with Taehyung?”

Jungkook started choking and you could hear Yoongi burst into laughter while Namjoon threatening to kill the rapper on the other side. “W-What?”

Namjoon’s voice was talking to him now. “Don’t listen to Yoongi. He’s a drunk- grandpa. Now go look for Taehyung. We’ll look for him too.”

Jungkook nodded as Namjoon ended the line. He headed to his room and grabbed a hoodie before slipping it on and leaving the dorm. The maknae locked it properly and made his way down the stairs. Jungkook preferred stairs to elevators. Extra exercise is always helpful no matter the amount right?

Jungkook pushed open the heavy glass doors and swore under his breath as the wind immediately greeted him. He began to run. Taehyung was probably freezing and it was all Jungkook’s fault.

Jungkook rested his hands on his knees as his breaths came in short, sharp pants. He had been searching for nearly an hour now and he still had no idea where Taehyung was. He was grateful that it was nighttime so paparazzi and fans didn’t chase him but that meant it was even colder. The sun was set and the sky was blanketed a thick black. Worry exploded in his lungs and he felt himself pushing himself further. Was he safe? Is he freezing? Jungkook knew that Taehyung couldn’t stand being alone and it made Jungkook feel even worst.

He ran aimlessly and found himself at a small park. It had a small rusty playground and a couple dirty benches surrounding. There were old but large willow trees and short shrubs that decorated the field with nature. It was a nice, Jungkook supposed.

Jungkook found began to slow down as he reached the playground and his eyes darted back and forth for the familiar rectangle smile and crescent eyes that constantly radiated warmth and happiness. His eyes finally landed on a small lump under the slide of the playground. Jungkook sprinted and relief flooded his senses when he recognized the fluffy hair and wrinkled t-shirt. Taehyung had his chest up to his knees and his arms wrapped protectively around them with his face tucked into the little warmth that he managed to collect.

“Taehyung?” He called softly.

Taehyung slowly raised his chin but all he saw was a shadowy figure. It didn’t matter. He could recognize the voice from anywhere. “Kookie?”

Jungkook swallowed the tears that threatened to fall. He was so relieved to see Taehyung safe. The red-rimmed eyes that stared back at him and the nearly blue lips that shook as they called out his name made his heart ache. The singer quickly pulled his hoodie over his shoulders and wrapped it around Taehyung before hugging him tightly. Taehyung’s body was so cold that Jungkook felt himself flinch as he tried his best to warm the other up. “I’m so sorry,” Jungkook said shakily.

Taehyung buried himself into Jungkook’s neck, savoring the warmth but not a word left his lips.

Jungkook heard the older’s teeth chatter and quickly draped Taehyung’s body over his own. Like a piggy back ride. “I’m taking you home,” he said simply as he pulled forward and moved his legs as fast as they would take them. They reached their dorm in nearly ten minutes and the warmth of the building nearly seared the skin of them both. Jungkook unlocked the door and immediately headed for their bedroom. He placed Taehyung in bed and tucked him in with seven blankets. Jungkook then left the room and made some hot chocolate before running to the bathroom and starting a hot bath. He brought the steaming drink to Taehyung’s bedside and waited for Taehyung to warm up.

Taehyung blinked his eyes sleepily before curling into himself. “I’m so cold, Kookie.”

Kookie swallowed before setting the drink down. He slipped under the covers with Taehyung and the older immediately pressed his body against the maknae. Taehyung’s face was buried into Jungkook’s chest and his arms were wrapped tightly around Jungkook’s waist. The maknae placed a kiss into Taehyung’s hair. “I’m so sorry,” he repeated quietly.

Taehyung sighed tiredly. “It’s okay. I love you.”

Jungkook swallowed as the words hit him like a truck. He couldn’t stop the couple tears that slid from his eyes. Taehyung was so good to him no matter what. He was always by Jungkook’s side no matter the way things were. Had always been, will always be.

“I love you too,” he whispered only to realize that Taehyung had fallen asleep.


“Aw look at how cute they are,” Seokjin cooed as he watched the two sleeping flower boys cuddle each other so closely.

Jimin pretended to stick a finger down his throat. “I’m going to throw up.”

Hoseok smirked. “Oh yeah? What about Yoongi and you the other night, huh?”

A dark crimson rose to Jimin’s cheeks. “W-What are you taking about?”

Yoongi grinned as he wrapped an arm around Jimin’s waist before placing a chaste kiss on the other’s cheek. He turned to Hoseok. “What? You got a problem?”

It was Hoseok’s turn to pretend to throw up. “Get a room, damn it.”

Jimin basically looked like a cherry tomato while Yoongi just smirked. Namjoon then appeared from the bathroom. “The stupid idiots left the tap on to the bath. They’re lucky that we got here fast enough.”

Hoseok grunted. “Well looks like the teenage fest begins tomorrow.” 

Seokjin threw a random book at him while Yoongi and Namjoon cackled in the background.


Jungkook woke up first. He doesn’t remember the last time he slept so well. The maknae then feels the heat of Taehyung seeping into his shirt and the sweet smell of vanilla citrus began to fill his senses. He sighed happily. It really surprised Jungkook when Taehyung confessed to Jungkook the night before. Taehyung probably wasn’t going remember but it made Jungkook’s heart swell anyways.

Jungkook’s own feelings didn’t really surprise him. He knew that he had always had a soft spot for Taehyung but he didn’t realize how important the other was to him until last night. Jungkook loved Taehyung and he was blessed to have the feelings returned.

Jungkook felt Taehyung stir in his sleep. When Taehyung opened his eyes sleepily and realized that he was in the arms of Jungkook. He blushed furiously and covered his face in the fabric of Jungkook’s sweatshirt. The younger laughed softly as he saw the tips of Taehyung’s ears go red. “Good morning.” He called out softly.

“Good morning,” the older mumbled back quietly.

“I love you,” Jungkook added.

Taehyung froze. “What?”

“I love you,” the maknae repeated.

Taehyung was redder now, if that was even possible. “I don’t know what’s happening and I don’t remember how I got here. If this is a dream, I’m going to be very upset.”

Jungkook chest rumbled with a soft laugh. “It’s not a dream.”

There was a pause. “Well that’s nice.”

Jungkook laughed once more and Taehyung smiled. “I love you too, Jungkookie.”

“Now would you two lovebirds get up and eat breakfast? We still got a schedule you know!” Jimin called from within the kitchen.

Jungkook and Taehyung sighed as they both got up and got ready together. The atmosphere was quiet but sweet. Jungkook couldn’t ask for more.

They reached the kitchen and began breakfast with the others. Seokjin had prepared them simple toast and eggs. Jungkook was glad was everything was back to normal. Hoseok and Jimin fighting over the last toast. Namjoon stealing looks with Seokjin while Yoongi would try to stop the fight before deeming it too much work and resort back to his coffee. Taehyung would soon end up joining the fight and in approximately 28 seconds, Seokjin would have to make a compromise by breaking the pieces into equal pieces before anyone would get seriously hurt.

When everyone was near clearing their plates, Yoongi suddenly spoke up. “So, have you guys ed yet? Who topped?”

Seokjin dropped his fork and locked his jaw before cracking his knuckles.

Namjoon and Hoseok laughed while wriggling their eyebrows suggestively.

Jimin widened his eyes and quickly placed his hand over Yoongi’s mouth.

And Taehyung and Jungkook just blushed.

They would just have to get used to the teasing sooner or later but it didn’t matter. They were content either way.


BONUS SCENE.

“So, have you guys ed yet? Who topped?”

“That’s it. You guys are dead,” Seokjin drawled as he began cracking his knuckles.

Hoseok’s expression then went dead serious but only after laughing. “Who topped? This is a very important matter. Yoongi and I made a bet.”

Seokjin began to laugh dryly. “Hoseok-ah, do you want me to end your life early?”

Namjoon finished chewing his eggs. “Oi! I took part of the bet too! Yoongi! We’re splitting the money right?”

“Namjoon wants to die too, eh?”

Jimin suddenly spoke up curiously. “What bet? Who would top? Taehyung or Jungkook?”

Hoseok nodded and Jimin smirked. “Obviously Taehyung!”

Hoseok high-fived Jimin. “Jimin and I are splitting then.”

They table burst in laughter and let’s just say they all went to sleep that night with a fresh raw, red and stinging handprint on their backs. 

Except for Jungkook and Taehyung. They slept together peacefully in each other's arms that night.


Uh this took forever but I really enjoyed writing it. It's around 6k. Comment and I'll love you forever~