Chapter 1

The Key to Neverland

 

Hoya stared blankly at the banana in front of him. He took another bite. Slowly chewed and swirled the mashed banana around his mouth with the tip of his tongue, thought about the taste and swallowed it. It tasted kind of like vinegar…but it couldn’t be, could it? He liked it though. So he took another bite.

“Yah. Dongwoo. How does this banana taste to you?” shoving the banana in front of him to try. Dongwoo looked at it cautiously, already apologizing to his taste buds for what terror they’re about to experience. He took an unwilling bite, winced, then turned to Hoya and smiled.

“It tastes fine!” ‘Sungyeol is so going to get it later’ he thought to himself but kept smiling.

As Hoya took another bite of the banana, still curious about it, the manager came in and told them to get off their butts and go practice.

 

[After Practice]

“Aren’t you coming?” Infinite asked a sweating and frustrated Hoya.

“Nope. You guys go on ahead, I have to get this part of the dance right before I leave tonight. I’m the “Dance Machine” for goodness sakes. I don’t know why I can’t get it down, I’m wearing my lucky purple boxers.”

Infinite just stared at him in disbelief, shook their heads, and walked away. All except L. He just stared at Hoya and smirked.

“What!? Don’t look at me like that! It’s a manly color! Purple is manly!” Hoya yelled behind them. “Psh. They just don’t believe in the power of the purple boxers. But what was up with L. That was kind of creepy,” but he just shook it off thinking it was one of L’s weirdo moments.

After practicing for another hour, he felt satisfied with his dancing and packed up to go back to the dorm. As he walked up the stairs, he heard the rustling of a plastic bag and then a deep sigh followed by light breathing. It was coming from above the staircase. Scared, he crept up the stairs slowly to see a black trash bag off the side of the door. Hoya scanned the streets to see if anyone had been there earlier. He swore the bag was recently dropped off.

The breathing was coming from inside the bag. Being the curious person he was, Hoya reached out to open the bag but right before he touched it, a beep from his phone nearly stopped his heart. Irritated that it was probably one of the members who almost gave him a heart attack, he whipped out his phone to see who the text message was from. An unknown blocked number. ‘Great, some random person in the middle of the night,’ he fumed.

Enjoy your gift. –J

“What the fudge. Who’s the booger who tried to send this as a prank? Ugh, I’m going to pound them when I get back,” Hoya said shaking his head. He walked back over to the trash bag and swiftly pulled it open. Hoya screamed, backing away and tripping on a ledge falling flat on his buttocks. Inside was a girl who was severely beaten up, and on her was a post-it note saying,

Isn’t your gift beautiful?

“Wh-What?” Hoya whispered in disbelief. He stood up and turned around in circles to see if anyone was there watching him. No one. No one at all. Or at least no one in sight.

 

[Infinite dorm]

Hoya banged on the door with whatever strength he had left. Even though she was a thin girl, she weighed a lot more than she looked and carrying her bridal style a mile up the road was tiring. A closed eye Sunggyu opened the door.

“About tim- what is that in your arms?” Sunggyu asked, his eyes opening as wide as they can, staring at the girl in his arms. Hoya pushed through the door and laid the girl down on their couch in their already too small living room.

“First of all, this is a girl. Second, I’m beat so just let her rest here and we’ll clear things up in the morning. Good night.” Hoya told Sunggyu before placing a blanket over the girl and closing the door to the room he shared with Sungyeol and Sungjong.

Sunggyu just stood there, staring at the girl while smirking. ‘Welcome to the dorm miss,’ he thought before turning off the lights and closing his own door.

 

[Next morning]

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THERE’S A GIRL IN OUR DORM. THERE’S A GIRL IN OUR DORM. THERE’S. A. GIRL. IN. OUR. DORM.”

“Sungjong, you better shut the up before I shut it for you. What is the problem here?” Woohyun groggily stated while rubbing his eyes. He leaned against his door and opened his eyes. He saw no problem. Then he looked again. “OH MY DEAR LORD. THERE IS A GIRL IN OUR DORM. KYAA!” He ran up to her and took a close look at her face. “She’s pretty. We can be a couple!”

Sungjong just stood there dumbfounded and mentally facepalmed himself. “That’s what I just said you dumbbutt.”

“Yah. Are you two idiots done trying to wake up the whole neighborhood yet? And why is Woohyun staring so closely at a girl’s face…THERE’S A GIRL IN OUR DORM?” Sungyeol exclaimed, suddenly excited and joined Woohyun for the close up view of her.

“Can a hard working leader not get a moment of rest for just a bit? So there’s a girl in the dorm. Hoya took her home last night.” Sunggyu thoughtlessly commented before feeling his way into the kitchen.

Woohyun, Sungyeol, and Sungjong looked at each other with wide eyes. ‘Nooo, it couldn’t be…”

Just then, Hoya walked out in his purple boxers yawning. He looked up to see the three boys giving him funny looks. “What?”

“What. Did. You. Do. Last Night.” They all asked in unison.

“What are you guys talking about? And Sungyeol, stop poking her cheek.”

“Don’t avoid the question! Hyung said you brought her home last night! And I can poke her cheek all I want.” Sungyeol poked her cheek to prove his point. “See?”

“This choding…how is she still asleep.” Hoya muttered. “Why do you even listen to him? He’s an old grandpa, what does he know?”

“I HEARD THAT.”

“I don’t care! Let me explain it all to you. Where’s Dongwoo hyung and Myungsoo? I don’t want to explain twice.” Hoya asked, pulling the Namstar and choding away from the poor girl.

Sungjong sat down on the floor next to the couch, “Where they always are, sleeping through everything. I am NOT waking them up. I shall sit right here.”

“I’m not doing it!” Hoya and Woohyun announced at the same time. All that left was Sungyeol. A moment of silence passed before Sungyeol sadly walked over to their room, sighed, and pushed the door open.

It was a matter of minutes when two sleepyheads walked out. But no one could miss the unmistakable Sungyeol trademark all over their faces. He would. Only Sungyeol.

 

[After explanation]

Hoya had left out the part of the text messages, thinking it was too creepy and only he should handle it.

It was a day where everyone had a schedule but him, so he decided to stay home and watch after the girl, who was surprisingly still asleep. As he lounged around, he went to that last text message he got last night and the note that was on the girl. Who was she? Who sent her to him. Who was stalking him? Could they be outside at this very moment? These questions floated around his head, and he wanted answers.

“Mmmm…”

Hoya heard a groan as he looked up to see the girl start to sit up but wince. Her eyes widened to see him sitting there but she shyly smiled back when he gave her a reassuring look.

“The bathroom is over there if you want to get cleaned up, I’ll get you some clean clothes to wear, sorry, all I have are guy clothes. We’ll talk after if you want.”

The girl simply nodded and headed over to the bathroom. As Hoya got up to get the clothes, he remembered about the toilet seat. The seat had broken off earlier and being boys, they never had the need to fix it. They just put it on top whenever it was needed. He ran to the bathroom door and yelled inside, “If you need to use the toilet, the sea-” he was cut off by the sound of water slopping. “Oops. Probably should’ve told her beforehand.” He placed the clothes by the door for when she was done.

When she got out, she was limping on one side, her seemed to be in pain. He wanted to laugh, but decided otherwise.

“Thanks for letting me use the bathroom. Your toilet was…interesting,” she said, rubbing her unconsciously.

“Sorry about that, I was about to tell you, but it was too late,” Hoya rubbed the back of his neck, still surprised by the sound of her voice. “So, uh. We have quite a bit to talk about. Why don’t we start off with your name?”

 

-------

So how was that? I honestly don't know where else to go from here...So leave some feedback on what should happen! Or you could tell me how I did (: It'd be greatly appreciated. Now I shall go and try to dig my pencil out from behind my brother's bed. I dont even know how it ended up there. 

Gnight from here!
Priscilla OUT.