Hurting and Bleeding

Their Stories

Kyuhyun’s story.

He stood and smiled at the blue sky widely. Anyone who did not know him better would think that he was very happy about something or he was just crazy. Sadly, none of those were true. Yes, he was smiling but if you care enough to see closer, you would see the tears which rolling slowly down his cheeks.

“Sungmin-ah...” he said weakly. His voice came out much weaker than he thought it would be. “You told me to smile whatever happened, right?” Other warm tears slipped out from his slightly red eyes. “I am smiling, Min. You can see me, right?” he smiled wider at his own remark.

“I’m sorry, Min. I’m so sorry.” He heaved a big sigh and fell to his knees. He had his head hung low and stared to the ground. He cried harder than before. No, he was not crying. He was wailing. “I can’t do anything for you. I’m useless, Min. Can’t you just come here and hit me or something? I deserve it, Min. I deserve it.” He said between his bawl. He was panting by now. His heart was hurting badly. He even choked on his own words several times. It did not stop him from blaming himself.

Sadly, nothing happened. He was trapped on his own grief and loneliness.

Eunhyuk’s story.

Again, he left him. It was totally a good situation for both of them. They were laughing together and having fun together all day long. Of course, he could not accept the fact that the other was breaking up on him easily. What had gone wrong? Weren’t they in a good relationship? Why suddenly?

“It wasn’t your fault, Hyuk. It’s mine.” The other reasoned. Still, he needed explanation.

“How can it be your fault? Explain, Hae.” It was very sickening that the other remained silent and left after a moment. He felt angry at the other but kept his silent.

The fact that the other was gone for real several days after was a big shock for him. He barely could talk at his way to the other’s house. A middle aged woman who was crying suddenly ran to him and hugged him tightly, he almost couldn’t breathe. Weirdly, he did not felt suffocated at the woman’s hug. His face remained blank as his eyes scanning the room meticulously.

“Hae...” at the pet name, the middle aged woman released him from the tight embrace. She looked at him pitifully and caressed his head.

“I’m so sorry not telling you about him.” She said guiltily but he didn’t hear anything. He lost his hearing the moment his eyes caught the other’s body lied on a beautiful coffin. He approached the coffin staggeringly. He could see his beautiful face smiling as if he was the happiest person in the world.

“Allow me to introduce myself. I am Donghae. I’m the happiest boy in the world. See my smile? See?” A memory of him meeting the other for the first time flashed on his mind. He was very cheerful and made a lot of mistakes in result due to his clumsiness. He let out small laugh as two drops of tears slipped down by his eyes.

“Right, Hae. You’re the happiest person in the world indeed.” He said with a big smile.

Jongwoon’s story.

“Step away from that , son. Just look! He’s all over you now!” his dad let out his anger one day. He merely shook his head in disagreement and left. His father did not understand. He never would.

“I love you, Ryeowook. You know that, right?” He said it determinedly. The other merely nodded and smiled. They both know how much they love each other.

He was on his way to the market when his cell phone rang. His phone fell the moment he heard the other’s plead to save him. He was panicked at the moment. His mind was totally screwed.

“Mom, have you seen dad around?” He asked between his pant. He was running out of time. Everything could happen whether it was bad or worst at a mere millisecond time. His mother just shook her head and looked at him pitifully. When he looked closely, he could see a trace of tears o her cheeks.

“Mom!”

“I’m sorry, son. I can’t help you. We just want the best for you. Please, don’t be like this.” His mother begged as tears formed on her eyes. Jongwoon felt like the world fell down on his shoulder. It felt so damn heavy and painful. He never thought his mother was on this too.

“What have you done to him, mom? What have you done?!” he practically yelled. He was not on his right mind, of course! What was the other doing right now, he was curious like mad. What if they did something bad on him? What if... What if they killed him?

“He’s okay, son. He won’t get hurt. Everything’s going to be fine. Trust me, please.” His mother tried to sooth him while Jongwoon looked at him angrily. He ran out of his house and shouting the other’s name like crazy.

He felt hopeless.

Youngwoon’s story.

He hated him a lot. They fought quite a lot these times. He always had his brows furrowed the moment he saw the other. He always felt an urge to fish the other out of his mind and they hassled either with their body or just with sarcastic remarks. There was never a single day of peace at their agenda. Until one day...

“I’m not in the mood to fight, okay?” he began when he saw the other was preparing his own remarks.

“Oh, really?” he asked skeptically. It was their routine to attack each other on each day. Of course he couldn’t believe the other so easily.

“I’m serious.” His tone was deadly. The other merely shrugged.

“Okay, if that’s what you want. I’m actually run out of words for a moment.” He smiled.

“Here’s the thing.” He took a deep breath and looked at the other sincerely. “Jungsu. I think I like you.”

“Oh... Is this your new strategy? Geez, I’m cheated. I should have known.”

“No. It’s real. I think I like you to the point where I can’t stop thinking about you, I keep on looking for you to see your face as if that’s my daily need. You know, right? That kind of like.” He could see a clear rejection at the other’s face. After all, it was natural reaction. Boy with boy? Like, come on.

“I... don’t know what to say...” his eyes wandered off. He was looking into anything but the person who confessed to him a moment ago.

“It’s okay.” He said after heaving a big sigh. “At least I’m not wondering what your reaction would be again. This is more than enough.”

“Youngwoon-“

“See you later.” He waved and left as fast as he could. He tried to act naturally, as cool as he could, as unaffected as he could when the fact was, he was crying at his way home. His heart was bleeding.

+++