In Sickness and Health

In Sickness
Lee Jinki was all warm and asleep when Kibum found him that morning. Hiding under layers of blanket so that only the top of his brunette hair was poking out.
 
The younger just stood for a minute in silence upon the view, lost for words.
 
He was pensively thinking how he could fall for such a dumb guy like that.
 
Holding pain for nearly five months just because he was (over)thinking about the damage he'd have done to the band on their tight schedule. Therefore, abusing his vocal cord evenmore.
 
The stupid, stupid man with stupid, stupid eyeless smile who could only make people worry. (Hence forcing them to take the earliest flight from the other side of the globe so they could check up on him before running to another filming). Kibum flared his nostrils.
 
But then, automatically jumped in panic at the sound of Jinki mumbling and stirring lightly in his sleep.
 
"Shh. Shh.." Kibum hurriedly reached out to pat Jinki's leg behind the cover "Go back to sleep, hyung.." he whispered.
 
But it was too late.
 
The older had already cracked his eyes open, before squinting around for a while like a lost child.
 
Kibum pulled his hand and straightened his body up, kind of expecting what the older would do next.
 
Which was (finally) looking at him and squinting more, before slowly smiling in bewilderment and opening his mouth to say "Ki.."
 
"Shhh.." Kibum shushed him "No talking alright.."
 
Jinki just nodded obediently, before he yawned some more, stretched out and pushed his body to sit against the headboard, then looking at Kibum again and mouthed "You're back ? Alone ?"
 
The younger nodded before decided to slowly sit on the edge of Jinki's bed and scooted closer to check on his hyung's temperature.
 
"You feeling okay ?" Kibum asked softly, palm on Jinki's forehead.
 
The leader only blinked once and nodded again.
 
Kibum nodded too.
 
Then they were kind of staring at each other for a while.
 
And that, finally, made the younger burst into laughter.
 
Which earned this cute puzzled expression on Jinki's face, before he joined to smile widely. Despite not knowing the reason behind it.
 
Kibum tried to hold his laugh because he knew it was inappropriate. Although he knew that Jinki was temporarily mute because of his post-surgery treatment, the whole thing was sort of funny for him.
 
They might need to learn sign language or something.
 
"I'm sorry." Kibum said, scoffing to cover his laugh "I'm.. nuts."
 
Jinki just shook his head and smiled again, then staring wordlessly at Kibum.
 
Which was supposed to be not awkward and all.
 
Well..
 
Trying not to (God) blush, Kibum cleared his throat before he turned his head aside and reached his hand out to study Jinki's pill bottle on the bedside table instead.
 
Just because.
 
"You took the morning dose already ?" he asked after a while, glancing at Jinki, in a mother hen-ing sort of way.
 
The leader just sort of hummed and ran his eyes elsewhere, which made Kibum the one to squint this time.
 
Suspicious. Cautious.
 
Then Jinki kind of soundlessly sighed and frowned to the blanket on his lap. Looking so petulant, Kibum almost couldn't see a 25-year-old in him.
 
"What's wrong ?" the younger finally asked, not squinting again, now more concerned.
 
Jinki looked up to him. Opened his mouth, then closed it before pointing at his own throat and frowned again.
 
Kibum raised his eyebrows before he asked "It , huh ?", getting it.
 
Jinki nodded as his shoulder slumped.
 
"It'll be alright." the younger said, patting Jinki's leg behind the cover again "You'll be alright.. You just need to follow the treatment. And don't skip taking your pills." Kibum shook the bottle in his hand to show Jinki.
 
The older just blinked innocently, before he decided to take Kibum's hand to examine it closely right in front of his face instead. Obviously trying to divert the topic from himself.
 
Kibum just rolled his eyes. Before he glanced to his hand that was being played by Jinki's fingers.
 
It was nothing new. The older's sudden skinship behavior like that.
 
So rather than focusing on his gasping heart cuzicaninfeelhisbreathonmyskin, Kibum settled himself to read the precautions on the bottle label in his hand.
 
And he was sort of really preoccupied with some medical words he knew nothing about but stubbornly trying to, that he didn't realize Jinki had scooted really close to him this time.
 
When the older poked him on the waist, Kibum instinctively lifted his head to stare at him, eyebrows raised high.
 
Jinki smiled another blinding smile before mouthed "Thankyou."
 
"I'm not.." Kibum tried to say.
 
But then Jinki wrapped himself around him like a heater, nuzzled his neck and gone was the word.
 
"Yeah. You're.. welcome."