A Blessing

Grateful

I sat against the wall next to a gas station. I checked my pockets to see if I had any spare change to get at least a lollipop to eat. There was no luck. My jeans were dirty my shirt my favorite red plaid collar shirt, everything. I lifted up my collar shirt covered with dirt up to my nose to smell it. I quickly turned my head from the wiff I just took of myself.

"Oh my god!" It was really unpleasant.

I sighed hugging my knees to my chest and shivered. I felt a warm trickle of water down my cheek not only because of my stench, but also because how I'm living my life. I'd rather live my life like this than going back to the place I despised the most. Homeless and jobless. There was nothing I can do about it. Everytime I tried to get a job, they'd always ask for a phone number or a home address, something to contact with me. After I've told them I didn't have anything, they asked for any parent or guardian contact. I could never budge to talk about it. I don't remember, nor do I want to. I'm just left with a horrible past memory that I have been wanting to forget forever. It became an everyday nightmare. I shook my head and wiped my tears trying to stop from crying. I knew I had to be strong. A few minutes passed and I'm just left with sniffling and a few hiccups. 'Man I wished it rained' I thought to myself. The stench was bad. I felt tears building in my eyes again. What will people think of me when they passed by smelling something so bad? It's inhuman. Ugh.

"Unnie! I'll be right back! I'll get something to drink!" A tall raven haired girl shouted.

I looked down embarrassed, not wanting anyone to notice a stench coming from me. Luckily, the girl walked passed me into the store I was sitting by. I sighed again and buried my face in my arms.

A few minutes passed again.

"Excuse me?" A voice called.

It sounded close to me, but I ignored it knowing that people wouldn't ever talk to me. It would always be towards others that are nearby. I got used to it considering I've been living like this for almost 2 years.

"Hey, are you alright?" I heard the voice again then felt a tap on my shoulder.

I jumped a little at the sudden contact. I looked up my eyes still puffy and pink from crying earlier. It was the same girl a few minutes ago. I eyes widened in shock.

"Hey. Are you okay?" She crouched down in front of me.

My gosh.. She was gorgeous. I looked at her pretty brown eyes in a daze. She warmly smiled at me. I then snapped back in reality and backed away more against the wall not wanting her to get closer because of my bad odor. She looked sad. Why was that? I looked down not wanting to see a pretty girl like that with such an expression. I felt something warm against my cheek and I looked up again.

"Here, it's warm coffee, it seems like you need it" she smiled. I looked at the cup in front of me. I saw some coffee on the lid where a hole was at.

"Sorry, I kinda already drank some, but it's better than nothing right?" She added and lightly shook the cup.

I hesitantly took the cup and looked up at her again. She nodded at me. This girl..She's like and angel that came right from heaven.

"... Thank you." I said shyly.

"No problem." She gleefully smiled.

I took a sip of the coffee. It was really warm and refreshing. I couldn't help but smile.

"Yah! What's taking you long?!" I heard a shout and a car honked. The raven haired girl looked at the person making noise.

"Hold on unnie!" she shouted back.

My stomach grumbled and I blushed in embarrassment covering my stomach. I heard her giggle.

'Damnit, why now?' I cursed to myself.

"Haha. Hungry?" the girl tilted her head. It was cute.

I nodded slowly and my stomach grumbled again.

"Come with me. My sister and I are gonna have dinner at home.She grabbed my hand and pulled my up.

"Ah- But.." I stopped and looked down.

"Hm? What's wrong?" she asked concerned turning to me.

"I-I don't w-want to be a b-bother.." I released my hand from her grip. She then grabbed my hand again.

"Not at all! Come on!" She dragged me to the expensive looking red sports car.

"Unnie. She'll be having dinner with us." the tall girl said.

"Eh? Is she a friend of yours?" the shorter girl asked.

I looked down. The short girl was pretty as well. Good looks run in their family I guess. I didn't hear anything few a couple of seconds.

"Ohh.. Alright then. Come on in, it's cold out here." I looked at her in surprise and she smiled at me.

We all got in the car, I sat at the back. It was quite an awkward ride. I looked out the window and took more sips of the coffee the raven haired girl had gave me. I smiled to myself. I never expected this to happen to me. That girl is really.. A blessing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if this story is so boring /.\ This is only the beginning. I'll try to make the story interesting at some point. I'll update tomorrow and hopefully the day after since it'll be the last day of school. YAYYYYYY~ To Be Continued...