Baking Time

Give Your Bedroom a Break

   “Let’s give your bedroom a break.” she said. Jiyong looked at his girlfriend who was standing in the doorway of his room with her arms crossed. He swung his legs out of bed then raised his eyebrow in a perfect shape. 

 

   “What do you mean?”

 

    Jessica pursed her lips and sighed. “Well, most of our dates are just us cuddling on your bed all day.” 

 

    Eyebrow still raised, he asked again, “I take that as you got sick of cuddling with me?” 

 

    Jessica laughed. Rolled her eyes at him and walked towards him as he opened up his arms to invite her to his lap. “Not that silly. Let’s do something else today. Something, well, I don’t know, that’s not cuddling in bed.” She said as she nestled closer to his chest. “Okay, what do you wanna do?” 

 

 

   “Let’s bake a cake.”

 

*****

 

    “Great, now we have all the ingredients with us. What do we do first?”  she asked and looked up at him. Just an hour ago, she had asked him to go to the nearest store to buy a few of the ingredients. Jiyong eyes widen. “What do you mean ‘what do we do first?’

 

 

     “Well, I’ve never actually baked a cake before.” she muttered, looking down to her feet. Jiyong chuckled and shook his head at how adorable she was. He stared at her for awhile and now just he realised she was wearing on his t-shirts that had funny sayings written on it. She was even wearing one of his old school shorts that didn’t fit him anymore. Her hair tied up in a messy bun and her face was bare. He had always thought she’s most beautiful when she didn’t have her makeup on. And kisses are always so much better without her lipstick. They tasted horrible. Jiyong didn’t know how to bake one either but no way he wanted to ruin today. 

    

      “There is always Google to help.” 

 

 

*****

 

    “Now do I pour the batter into the cake pan?”  

 

   “Yes, but you have to spread butter on the pan first so the cake won’t get sticked to the pan later.” 

 

   “Oh, okay.” she answered.

 

    She then place the pan into the oven that had been pre heated. She smiled, “Wonderful, now we just have to wait for about 30 minutes. Are you done with the frosting, Ji?” 

 

   “Oh? Yeah,” he grinned.

 

   Jessica smiled back and went to join him beside the bowl. “What do we do now? I mean the cake’s not gonna be ready until like half an hour,” she reached for her phone and her eyes were reading something before she continued, “and it says here that we need to let the cake cool down first before we put the frosting on.” 

 

   Jiyong wrapped his arm around her and she quickly wrap hers around his neck. “We can watch TV, I guess, I heard they’re playing reruns of Games of Thrones.” she suggested, eyes locked on his, arms still around his neck. Jiyong smirked, “Or, we can do this,” 

 

   She shrieked. Jiyong had thrown a handful of flour on her and laughed. She groaned but smirked as she took an egg from the table and knocked it on his forehead hard that it broke and slimy egg fell down Jiyong forehead to his face. He let go of her and gasped. 

 

   “Oh no no, young lady, what have you gotten yourself into now?” he took the bag of flour and took and dunked his hand into it. Jessica was about to run but Jiyong was fast enough to catch her by her wrist and threw another handful of flour right onto her face. She coughed and punched Jiyong slightly on the chest. 

 

   “I hate you,”

 

   “Oh you wound me my dear.” he jokingly said and put his hand across his chest, smiling cheekily. Jessica thought it was super cute of him that she couldn’t resist the urge to place her lips on his and she did. They kissed softly and gently and Jiyong could taste flour on her lips and thought it was definitely better than her lipstick. Her hands clutched tight onto the collar of his shirt while Jiyong travelled his hands underneath her shirt. Their kiss was starting to get more passionate until Jessica broke it off. 

 

   “With the oven being , it’s really hot in here.” she said and looked up to smirking Jiyong. 

 

   “You can just tell me if you want me to undress you know?” 

 

   Jessica rolled her eyes and scoffed as Jiyong laughed. He leaned down to kiss her again and softly muttering between their kisses, “You’re right. Maybe we should give my bedroom a little break.”