Le Final

To Those Who Wait

A/n: Please expect a ton of mistakes cause home gurl don't have time to edit her aight? Enjoy. 


 

Kai wakes up to a warm body snuggled close to his own. The familiar scent of strawberry fills his nostrils and buries his face into the soft brown locks. His hands move down to slowly caress the expanse of a smooth and he feels the skin shiver slightly from his touch.

“Hyung.”

Kai stops at bony hips and gives them a small squeeze “Hyung wake up.” The body stirs and there’s a small whine before a pair of sleepy brown orbs reveal themselves from Kai’s chest. Their eyes meet and Kai can’t help but smile at the sight of the sleeping boy.

“Good morning princess.”

There’s a faint scoff and Kai feels small hands shoving at him weakly. Baekhyun sits up and rubs at his eyes tiredly. Kai follows suit and lets out a loud yawn with a cat-like stretch.

“What time is it?” Baekhyun asks as he slowly pulls the bed sheets off his legs. Kai pulls his phone out from under the pillow and when he turns it on he’s greeted to the beautiful sight of his smiling boyfriend “It’s almost 8 hyung.”

Baekhyun’s already standing next to the edge of the bed searching the floor for his shirt. He finds Kai’s instead and decides to take it for the mean time. Kai doesn’t mind and watches as his hyung slips into his shirt that’s too big on his body and waddles to the bathroom.

“Can you make breakfast? I’m gonna shower” Baekhyun calls from the bathroom. Kai nods even though there’s no one there to see it and shouts back an okay. He gets out of bed and makes his downstairs. He finds some leftover kimchi stew in the fridge and decides to warm that up while he prepares the rice.

A fresh-faced Baekhyun enters the kitchen fifteen minutes later now sporting the blue and grey uniform of their school. He walks over to Kai who was busy putting rice into bowls and wraps his arms around the boy’s firm torso from behind.

“Whatcha making?” he asks in a sing song manner that makes Kai chuckle. He sets the bowls down just long enough to switch their positions so that he was the one behind Baekhyun instead and resumed scooping the rice. Baekhyun leans back into the warm chest and hums.

“What time does orientation start again?” Baekhyun asks as he takes the bowls from Kai’s hands and walks over to the table to set them next to the kimchi stew. He sits down and looks at Kai expectantly. Kai takes a seat and scratches his head “I think 9? We have to meet with the others at the gates by 8:30 though so eat quickly.”

Baekhyun nods and stuffs his mouth with the delicious food. They eat in peaceful silence that neither of them minds. After eating Baekhyun offers to wash the dishes while Kai heads up to change into his uniform. Baekhyun finishes washing just as he hears the loud thumping of Kai running down the stairs. The boy emerges, looking handsome as ever, and hands Baekhyun his back pack “Let’s go hyung.”

The walk to school consists of laughter, mostly from Kai since he always laughed at Baekhyun’s jokes. They made a quick stop at the local convenience store to buy milk since Baekhyun wouldn’t stop whining that he wanted some. Kai chuckled as he watched his hyung sip on the pink drink like a child. Kai bought a chocolate one and slipped it into his bag for later.

They made it to school a few minutes late but weren’t surprised when they saw their friends already there. Luhan threw his soccer ball at Kai who caught it with ease “What took you guys so long?” Baekhyun looks at his watch and makes a face “We’re only two minutes late, keep your on hyung.”

Luhan sticks his tongue out and takes his ball back from Kai who seems to be distracted “Where’s Kyungsoo hyung?” Lay, who had been quietly reading his book answers “Kyungsoo said he’d be late but on time for the orientation.”

Kai frowns slightly “Oh, he didn’t tell me that.” Baekhyun eyes Kai knowingly and playfully nudges him in the ribs. Kai looks at him in surprise and Baekhyun leans up to whisper in his ear “Are you sad that you don’t get to see your precious boyfriend?”

Kai laughs and brings an arm around Baekhyun’s neck to strangle him “Shut up you lil .”

“Ow! Hey, Kai stop it!” Baekhyun flails around from under Kai’s hold. Kai lets him go only when Baekhyun’s punches actually started to hurt.

“Hey guys” they look back to see the twin towers Kris and Chanyeol walking over with a not as tall but still too tall for his age Sehun by their side. Baekhyun waves and Luhan runs over to engulf Sehun in a hug “Hey baby” Sehun coos and pecks Luhan’s cheek.

Kai scoffs and leans down to whisper in Baekhyun’s ear “That devil-hyung becomes so submissive when it comes to his Sehunnie.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes “Oh and you don’t?”

Kai looks at him in shock “I do not!” Baekhyun just ‘tsks’ and follows the others towards the school building. They meet the rest of the boys minus Suho, who had to give his speech as the president and Kyungsoo that was still nowhere to be found, and take a seat. Baekhyun settles down between Kai and Tao and waits patiently for the orientation to begin.

The principal, Mr. Kang, starts the assembly with his usual greeting and asking students how their summer was to which students cheer. Then he asks if they're excited for the new year and students just laugh (some groan). Baekhyun doesn’t really pay attention since this was his fourth time attending this assembly. Thankfully, it was his last too.

The next twenty minutes drag by. By now half the school wasn’t listening and most of Baekhyun’s friends were in their own little worlds. From the corner of his eye, Baekhyun could see Kai texting and assumes it’s most likely to Kyungsoo. Where was that boy anyways?

It’s when they reach the last part of the assembly that Baekhyun perks up. Being a part of a performing arts school meant that there would always be new talents arriving each year. The one that gets announced is the one who is exceptionally talented. Baekhyun bashfully remembers he was once that one.

The room fills with a buzz of anticipation as Mr. Kang announces their newest talent.

“Ladies and gentlemen I want you all to meet Lee Taemin!”

A thin boy with long brown hair tied back in an elegant pony tail walks up the steps and towards the middle of the stage. Baekhyun gasps slightly at how pretty the boy is. Taemin gives a shy bow of his head as he introduces himself as Lee Taemin, age 18, and dance major. Baekhyun doesn’t realize he’s staring at the boy until he’s fully off the stage and someone nudges him that the assembly was now over.

“Huh? Oh yeah I’m coming…” he glances one last time at the boy and scurries after his friends. Class was the most boring part of the day. Baekhyun didn’t like to study but he always seemed to get the best marks. Kai had complained and called him a wizard. Baekhyun just laughed and said it was because he was naturally a genius and Kai was just plain dumb.

This class, however, doesn’t bore Baekhyun when he enters to find the same mysterious boy from earlier seated in the back staring out the window. Baekhyun walks over slowly and takes a seat in the desk in front of him. For some reason he feels nervous but at the same time excited at the fact that the new kid was in his class.

Their teacher, Mrs. Choi, introduces herself and wastes no time to delve straight into Chemistry 1.1. Baekhyun sighs and cracks open his text book. He only half listening to the lecture when suddenly he feels a tap on his shoulder. Startled, Baekhyun turns around and almost forgets to breathe when he comes face-to-face with the most beautiful face he’d ever seen.

“Hey do you have a pencil I could use? Mine just broke” he asks with a guilty tone while gesturing at the broken pencil on his desk. Baekhyun may have nodded a little too quickly and he reaches into his desk to grab Taemin an extra pencil. He hands it to the boy with a shy smile.

“Thanks” Taemin smiles and wow, even his smile was pretty.  Baekhyun unconsciously flushes and turns back to face the front. Damn, why was he so nervous? He shakes his head to get rid of any funny thoughts and focuses on the board.

He doesn’t see the way Taemin grins at him from behind.  

 

 

 

 

At lunch, Kai and Kyungsoo are missing. Baekhyun doesn’t question it because he assumes his best friend and his boyfriend are probably behind some tree, eating each other’s faces off. Baekhyun takes a seat next to Chen who was cursing profanities a mile a second.

“What’s wrong with him?” Baekhyun asks Suho. Suho looks at his boyfriend with a weak smile and glances back at Baekhyun “He’s mad because he can’t win that stupid 2048 game.”

Another curse escapes Chen.

Baekhyun chuckles “Well that game is made for people with a brain so I’m not surprised.” He barely dodges the piece of chicken that is flung at him. Chen glares at him before sighing in defeat and moping into Suho’s neck. The elder pats his back in a soothing gesture while looking back at Baekhyun “How was class? I heard you got Choi, man to be you.”

Baekhyun shrugs. Sure Mrs. Choi was horrible and strict but class wasn’t that bad. At least not after his small talk with Taemin. Baekhyun blushes at the memory. When class ended Taemin came in front of his desk and gave the pencil back with a bright smile. He even added an “I’ll see you around” before walking away and leaving Baekhyun alone to squeal in his seat.

Suho notices the blush on Baekhyun’s face and raises a brow “Hey are you-”

*thump*

A tray is placed loudly onto the table and the boys look up to see a frowning Kai. Baekhyun looks at his friend in question “What’s wrong with you?” Kai just grumbles and eats away at his food with a scowl. Baekhyun’s brows pinch together and he reaches out to grab Kai’s spoon before it could go into his mouth. Kai looks at him in shock “Hey give that back!”

Baekhyun shakes his head and pulls the spoon into his own mouth “Not until…you…tell…me what’s…wrong” he says with the spoon in his mouth. He realizes it’s pretty stupid and discreetly puts it down just as Kai sighs and slumps forward “Kyungsoo won’t answer my texts and he won’t pick up my calls either.”

Baekhyun raises a brow “When was the last time you guys talked?”

“Last night. He seemed fine though.”

“Did you say anything to piss him off?”

“I don’t think so? We talked about school, he asked me what I was doing and I said hanging out with you. He had to go eat dinner after that and hung up. Nothing bad right?”

Baekhyun nods. There’s nothing off about that conversation “Maybe he’s sick and has his phone off?”

Kai seems to let that suggestion sink in before realizing it was probably true. He smiles in relief and hugs his best friend “Hey you’re a genius Baek!”

Baekhyun brushes him off and laughs “Took you that long to figure out I’m a genius?” Kai flicks his forehead and stuffs the last bit of food in his mouth before standing up “I gotta go. Wait for me at the gates after school.”

“Bye!” Baekhyun watches his friend’s back disappears out the cafeteria and sighs. When he turns back around his eyes meet with a pair of warm brown ones and Baekhyun feels himself freeze. From across the room Taemin stares at Baekhyun behind his long bangs. Baekhyun gulps, not knowing if he should wave or not.

Before he could though, Taemin smiles and looks away. Baekhyun flushes pink and looks down at his rice.

Unknown to the both of them, Suho had been watching with raised brows.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun ends up walking home alone since Kai texts him last period saying he’s going straight to Kyungsoo’s house to check on him. Baekhyun doesn’t mind, he knows how much Kai cares about Kyungsoo and would want to see him.

As he walks home Baekhyun feels thirsty and decides to stop at the bubble tea shop he and Kai often visited. He waits in line to order his drink while boredly playing on his phone. He reaches the register and hears an “Can I get your order?”

“Strawberry with bubbles please.”

“Wait just a minute.”

A minute later his drink arrives but a new voice speaks to him “Oh it’s you.” Baekhyun looks up in surprise and does a double take at what he sees “T-Taemin?”

Taemin smiles and Baekhyun thinks he looks really cute with that pink hat on his head. Taemin hands him his drink “Sorry I didn’t catch your name earlier.” Baekhyun takes the cup and stutters “B-Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun.”

Taemin chuckles softly “Well Mr. Byun Baekhyun I hope I see you around soon.” Baekhyun bites his lip and nods his head “Me too…” Taemin smiles even brighter. Baekhyun walks out of the shop feeling rather giddy.

It’s 9 in the evening when Baekhyun’s doorbell rings. He gets up from his bed in surprise and makes his way to the front door “Who is it?” he asks even though he’s already opening the door. It opens to reveal Kai in his black hoodie and a sheepish smile on his face as he lifts a white plastic bag up. Baekhyun a brow.

They sprawl across the floor of Baekhyun’s living room. His TV is playing some old Jacky Chan movie but neither boy is truly listening. Baekhyun takes a sip of his beer and eyes Kai through the corner of his eyes. It’s rare that Kai ever gets drunk but the boy had drank at least four cans already and Baekhyun was beginning to get worried.

When he reaches for his fifth can Baekhyun stops him “Enough.” Kai grunts in displeasure. Baekhyun sighs and looks at his sulking friend “What’s wrong Kai? You’ve been acting depressed ever since this afternoon.”

Kai frowns and crawls across the floor to bury his face into Baekhyun’s chest. The action takes the elder by surprise but he doesn’t push Kai away and pats his back “Hey, talk to me.” Kai sniffles against his chest “Kyungsoo he…he…”

“He what? Jongin talk clearly” Baekhyun grows annoyed at his friend’s inability to form a proper sentence. Finally Kai takes a deep breath and lets it all out “Kyungsoo he said he doesn’t want to see me anymore.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widen at the revealed news “What why?!” Kai shakes his head and brings his face into his hands “I don’t know. He says I don’t really love him and need to get my real feelings sorted out.”

Baekhyun furrows his brows, feeling slightly peeved that Kyungsoo would question Kai’s sincerity “How can he say that? Of course you love him! If you didn’t you wouldn’t be sneaking out of your house at 3AM just to buy him the latte that he likes.”

Kai cries into his hands and Baekhyun feels his heart break at the sight. He doesn’t think twice and pulls Kai into his embrace. The younger plants his face into the crook of Baekhyun’s neck and sobs hard while Baekhyun whispers sweet words into his ear.

Just like that, Kai’s first love comes to an end.

 

 

 

Winters were always colder this time of year. Baekhyun finds himself snuggling deeper into the warmth of his scarf as he waits for the bus to arrive. He takes a seat in the back next to a sleeping person. Baekhyun plugs in his earphones and listens to the tune of K.Will while watching endless trees and buildings pass by.

It’s when he feels something land on his shoulder that Baekhyun looks to his side. Kai yawns and rubs at his eyes, looking sleepy as ever. Baekhyun chuckles and reaches out to wipe drool off the corner of Kai’s mouth. The boy smiles lazily and leans his head onto Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun ‘tsks’ how can someone fall asleep so easily?

They arrive at school ten minutes later and Baekhyun shakes Kai awake. They get off the bus and head inside together.

“Hey are you going to audition for the talent show this year?” Baekhyun asks when his eyes land on the familiar posters plastered everywhere around the school. Kai looks where Baekhyun is looking and shrugs “Don’t know yet.”

Baekhyun nudges him and smiles “You should, I’ll even vote for you.” Kai snorts “Geez thanks. What about you?”

“What about me?”

“Aren’t you going to audition? With a voice like yours, you’ll definitely win” Kai says enthusiastically.

Baekhyun flushes shyly and shakes his head “Nah, you know I’m more of the behind the scenes back-up vocals type. The stage is meant for charismatic people like you Kai.”

Kai frowns “Hey, you’re charismatic.” Baekhyun just raises a brow. Kai sighs “Okay fine but I still think your voice tops everyone’s in this school.” Baekhyun smiles and pinches his friends cheek “Aww thanks Kkamjong~”

Kai grimaces “Ugh don’t call me that.” Baekhyun grins evilly and approaches Kai “Kkamjong~ Kkamjong~”

Kai tries to shove him away but Baekhyun’s quick and he presses Kai against the lockers before playfully bringing his face a mere centimeter away from Kai’s “K-k-a-m-j-o-n-g”  he calls cutely. Baekhyun’s wide smile slowly falters when he notices Kai is no longer smiling. Instead, his friend is staring intently at him with an unknown look in his eyes.

Baekhyun swallows his spit, feeling oddly nervous. It’s then that he notices how close they actually are and his heart seems to jump when he realizes Kai’s lips are only a small tilt away from grazing his.

“Hyung…” Kai whispers slowly, his breath fanning Baekhyun’s skin making him unconsciously shiver “Y-Yeah?” he curses himself for stuttering. Actually he had no idea why he was reacting this way in the first place. It was only Kai.

But the fact that it is Kai makes him even more nervous. He bites his lip without thinking. Kai’s eyes darken as he watches the pale flesh of Baekhyun’s lip bruise with a pretty pink and his throat feels suddenly dry. He gently pushes Baekhyun “Hyung people are staring.”

And true to Kai’s words, Baekhyun realizes people actually were staring. He harshly pulls away and clears his throat “I uh…gotta go to class.” He nods as if trying to convince himself that fact more than Kai. Kai just nods and Baekhyun glances at him once before scurrying off down the hall. When he reaches the end he stops and presses a hand against his racing heart.

, what was that?

 

 

 

 

 

“Strawberry with bubbles for Mr. Byun Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun looks up to see Taemin smiling down at him. The boy with long silky hair who he’d gotten quite close with in the past few months, sets the drink on Baekhyun’s table and settles into the seat across from him “What are you working on?”

Baekhyun takes a sip of his drink, sighing in content at the sweet taste, and looks back at Taemin “Working on that Chem homework Mrs. Choi gave us.” Taemin nods and watches as Baekhyun’s face scrunches up in concentration. He laughs under his breath when the boy pouts when he gets the answer wrong.

“Want me to help you?”

Baekhyun looks at him surprise “Really?” Taemin nods with a grin “Sure. Just wait for me to finish my shift first.”

And Baekhyun nods readily with his own wide grin “Okay!”

They work on Baekhyun’s homework for a good hour. Baekhyun’s a quick learner and Taemin’s a better teacher than Mrs. Choi ever will be. Baekhyun looks away from his text book and gawks at Taemin when the boy solves a difficult equation in under a minute “Are you a genius?”

Taemin laughs wholeheartedly and winks at him “No, just a wizard.”

They finish their “tutoring” session by the time the sun has finished setting. Taemin closes up the shop and looks at the sky then at Baekhyun “Hey it’s kind of dark, want me to walk you home?”

Baekhyun shakes his head “No it’s alright. My house is really close by anyways.”

“Are you sure?” Taemin asks with a hinge of doubt in his voice. Baekhyun just nods. “Alright if you say so. Text me when you get home so I know you’re safe.”

“I-I don’t have your number” Baekhyun says shyly. He had always wanted to ask Taemin for his number but he never had the courage to do so. Taemin’s eyes round in surprise and he quickly raises his hand “Give me your phone.”

“Why?” Baekhyun asks in confusion but he’s already pulling his phone out of his pocket. Taemin takes it out of his hand, types something into it and hands it back with a smirk “Bye Baekhyun, see you tomorrow!” With that he jogs the other way.

 

Baekhyun looks down at his phone and when he sees the new contact added his face turns deep red.

My Dancer Boy <3

He clicks his tongue and starts walking the other way towards his house. So cheesy… He smiles anyways. The walk home is quiet and Baekhyun finds the empty streets rather creepy. An eerie feeling fills him and Baekhyun glances around.

He doesn’t see anything but he feels someone staring at him. Baekhyun gulps and walks a bit faster. He turns into a street and sees through his peripheral vision a shadow following behind him. Baekhyun starts shaking nervously. He’s never encountered a before but he has heard about a few of them lurking around his neighborhood a while back. Of course, Baekhyun hadn’t listened to the warnings and now he was suffering.

Baekhyun walks even faster but the shadow behind him follows suit. He remembers Taemin’s advice and slowly reaches into his pocket to grab his phone. His hands are trembling as he dials the first number written.

Pick up, please pick up.

The phone rings a few times and Baekhyun feels tears starting to swell in his eyes. Finally on the fourth ring there’s a sleepy “…ello?”

“Jongin!” Baekhyun whispers hoarsely. Kai senses the fear in Baekhyun’s voice and sits up on his bed “Baekhyun what’s wrong?”

“J-Jongin please save me” comes Baekhyun’s broken cry. Kai’s already shoving a sock on his foot and grabbing his jacket “Where are you?!” he runs out the door and glances at each end of the street.

“S-Street….p-park…f-front of…” Kai curses and starts running in that direction. His heart is racing fast at the thought of Baekhyun being hurt. He hates himself for not being able to run any faster “I’m coming Baek…hold on!”

Baekhyun just whimpers and Kai runs faster. He runs down the streets at a speed he didn’t know he was capable of running. He makes a sharp turn and trips on a crack. His knee rips against the hard gravel floor but he doesn’t care. He gets up and starts sprinting again. Please be okay…

Baekhyun clutches his phone tightly. The shadow behind him is no longer trying to be discreet and is moving towards him now. Baekhyun yelps and starts running. The figure runs after him and Baekhyun cries out just as his shoulder is grabbed and he’s pulled into a hard chest.

Baekhyun stills and looks up slowly. He sees Kai glaring dangerously at the person behind him. His heart constricts so hard that his chest hurts and Baekhyun breaks out into a sob. Kai’s murderous gaze falters and he softens when looking down at Baekhyun. He pulls the boy closer “It’s okay Baekhyun…I’m here now, I’m here.”

Kai wraps a protective arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder and glances one last time at the stranger who seemed to have cowered back when realizing Baekhyun wasn’t alone. He leads Baekhyun back home, not once letting go of the trembling boy’s hand.

When they reach the steps of Baekhyun’s house, Baekhyun finally looks up and takes in how his friend looks. Kai’s hair was sweaty and plastered to his forehead and the cut on his knee looked quite gruesome. Baekhyun frowns “You go hurt” he says softly.

“Eh?” Kai looks down at his knee “Oh it’s fine.” He looks back up at Baekhyun and smiles. Baekhyun feels his heart rage against his ribcage. Kai had actually come to save him. The thought makes his insides feel fuzzy and warm. Without thinking he leans up and presses a soft kiss to Kai’s cheek.

Kai stills and his eyes grow wide in surprise. Baekhyun pulls back and under the street lamp his red blushing cheeks are visible “T-Thank you Kai.”

“N-No problem” Kai stammers, his own cheeks feeling rather hot. Baekhyun smiles and bids him goodnight before disappearing into his house. Kai stares at the door in a daze and unconsciously reaches up to touch his cheek.

Despite the pain in his knee, Kai smile like the happiest man on Earth while limping home.

 

 

 

 

 

Kai passes the audition for the talent show and Baekhyun thinks it deserves a celebration. Luhan offers to use his house since he lived in practically a mansion and besides, the boy was known to host sick parties. Kris and Chanyeol bring the beer while Lay mass texts everyone to come.

The day of the party Baekhyun’s in his room with Luhan and Sehun and he’s having a major crisis.

“What am I gonna wear?!” He shouts out in horror seeing as nothing in his closet was worthy for a party.

Luhan comes up beside him and nearly has a heart-attack when he sees the outfit Baekhyun had selected.

“No! No! No!” Luhan shouts and grabs the offending clothes out of the boy’s hands. He throws them away “I will not have you come to my house dressed like a ing church boy okay.”

Baekhyun whines “But hyung! There’s nothing else in here I could wear.”

Luhan smirks almost sinisterly “Not to fear of my dearest Byun Bunny. Your Luhan hyung has got you” With that he claps his and Sehun practically materializes beside him holding Luhan’s large black duffle bag probably big enough to carry a dead body.

“What’s in there?” Baekhyun asks curiously. Luhan shoos his face away and digs through the bag before shouting in glee when he finds what he’s looking for. He pulls the black cloth out and Baekhyun gasps in a scandalized manner.

“I can’t wear that!”

“Why not?” Luhan blinks innocently.

“B-Because” Baekhyun flushes “It’s too revealing.”

Luhan whacks him in the head “That’s the point you moron! If you want to impress Kai, you gotta show some skin.”

Baekhyun looks taken aback “W-What are you talking about?” Luhan rolls his eyes and places a hand on his hip “Oh please gurl, we all know you have a thing for Kai. I don’t blame you…the boy is fine as hell.”

Unlike the oblivious Luhan, Baekhyun feels Sehun’s glare. He decides to ignore it “I-Is it obvious?”

Luhan shakes his head “I don’t think Kai knows yet so no. But you’ve got to tell him or else someone will snatch him before you can.”

Kai with someone else? Baekhyun frowns at the thought. He grabs the clothes out of Luhan’s hands and marches to the bathroom. Not a minute later there’s a shriek “AH THIS IS TOO ING TIGHT!”

The door opens and the couple wait patiently for Baekhyun to walk out. When he does, they gasp. Luhan’s eyes sparkle with proud tears “Oh my! Look at you, so pretty and your looks perfect!!”

“Uh thanks….?” Baekhyun scratches his head as he fiddles with the hem of his thin shirt. His entire outfit consisted of a very sheer shirt that revealed his bare chest, a black leather jacket and tight skinny jeans with one too many rips revealing the milky pale skin of Baekhyun’s thighs. Luhan pulls him in front of the dresser and pulls out a stick of eyeliner.

Baekhyun jerks back “W-What are you doing with that?” Luhan swats his hands away “If you want to impress Kai, you need make-up to enhance your face. Not that you’re not cute as a button right now, but we want to make you look y and able.”

“Let’s just stick with the y part.”

Luhan just smirks.

 

 

 

 

 

The floor is bouncing from the heavy bass and the room is filled with the scent of alcohol, weed and sweaty teenagers.  Kai walks through the swarm of people, stopping to greet someone every now and then. He looks around trying to spot a familiar face. He frowns when all he sees is Luhan talking with someone who’s back is facing him.

Kai walks over to the boy “Hyung where’s Baekhyun?” Luhan smiles mischievously “Oh Kai-ah. You’re here!” Kai frowns at the look on his hyung’s face “Have you seen Baekhyun anywhere? I’ve been looking everywhere and I can’t find him.”

Luhan smirks and gestures for the stranger to turn around. Kai stares at his hyung impatiently. All he wanted was to see Baekhyun, not some strange- Whoa wait. Is that…

“B-Baekhyun?!”

The boy stares up at him with heavily lined eyes and oh god, Kai feels his legs go weak when he sees the way his best friend is dressed –or the lack of it in this case. “Hi Kai” Baekhyun smiles, sharp canines sticking out.

Luhan throws an arm around Baekhyun and grins at Kai “Doesn’t Baek look great tonight Kai?” Baekhyun blushes but looks at him with slight anticipation and Kai swallows his spit.

“Y-You look really good.”

Luhan snickers and Kai resists punching him “Well I have to go find Sehun. Have fun you two~” he winks and floats away. It falls silent between them and Baekhyun fidgets with his shirt. Kai clears his throat “D-Do you want something to drink?”

Baekhyun looks up with his round, shiny eyes and Kai melts. Even with all that heavy make-up, Kai can see the soft, puppy-like features of the older man. Baekhyun shakes his head “I’m good, thanks.”

It becomes silent again.

“Sooo….” Kai starts.

“Sooo….” Baekhyun mocks.

Kai laughs and flicks his head. Baekhyun yelps and glares at him but stops when he feels Kai’s hand gently caressing his forehead. Kai feels Baekhyun’s stare and realizes what he’s doing and retracts his hand quickly. They stare at each other for what feels like the longest time ever and Kai opens his mouth to say something when he feels a tap on his shoulder.

He turns around and his eyes widen slightly in surprise “Kyungsoo?”

The petit man smiles at him in that same squishy way he always did. After their break up, Kai hadn’t seen much of the guy except for around school. He wonders what he’s doing here.

“Hey Kai, can we talk?”

Kai glances wearily at Baekhyun who seems to be lost in his own thoughts “Sure…I’ll be right back Baek.” He and Kyungsoo disappear amongst the crowd and Baekhyun finally snaps back to reality. His chest tightens at thought of Kyungsoo and Kai getting back together. That won’t happen right?

But he still feels uneasy. There’s a warm hand on his shoulder and Baekhyun jumps with a start. He turns around and does a double take “Taemin?”

Taemin grins “Hey, I didn’t know you were friends with Luhan?” Baekhyun raises a brow “I didn’t know you were either.” He eyes the boy and secretly admits he looks very charming tonight with his hair back in its signature pony tail. He’s wearing a loose black t-shirt, acid-washed jeans tucked into a pair of timberlands and a plaid shirt tied around his waist.

“Hey you wanna dance?”

Baekhyun’s eyes expand “M-Me? But I can’t dance for .” Taemin just laughs at him and grabs his arm before dragging Baekhyun to where everyone was dancing in a manner that was far past PG13. Taemin pulls him to the center and starts dancing. Baekhyun gawks at him. Well there was one thing for sure, Taemin was definitely gifted in dancing.

He stands there like a sore thumb watching as Taemin does sharp spins and body rolls that would leave watchers breathless. Taemin stops abruptly and slides over to Baekhyun “Your turn.”

Baekhyun shakes his head profusely “Oh no, I really can’t dance.” Taemin smiles at him “Nonsense just move along to the beat.” Baekhyun blinks. What the hell did that mean? Taemin senses his dilemma and sighs. He places his hands on each side of Baekhyun’s hips and rolls them forward.

Baekhyun gasps “What are you doing?!” Taemin smirks “Teaching how to move your hips. Now c’mon try!” He removes his hands and awkwardly Baekhyun repeats what Taemin just did. Taemin beams “Good! You look hot, let’s try a wave.”

Baekhyun blushes at the comment and nods. Taemin stands behind Baekhyun and wraps his hands around his torso. He then brings their chests out before curling them back in, in a fluid motion. Baekhyun thinks he gets the hang of it and moves along with Taemin. Baekhyun grins “Hey I think I got it!”

Taemin smirks against his ear “Yeah, you do.” They continue to do that action without realizing people were watching. From another person’s eyes it seemed like Baekhyun was grinding on Taemin.

And that’s exactly what Kai thinks when he witnesses the scene with his own eyes. His fist clenches against his side in anger. He didn’t like what he saw. He hated the smile on Baekhyun’s face and despised the smirk on Taemin’s. Every time Baekhyun’s body made contact with Taemin’s Kai felt his heart shatter.

Without thought, he walks into the crowd and storms over to them. He practically rips Baekhyun off Taemin’s body and holds the boy close to himself. Baekhyun looks at him in shock. Kai doesn’t care and stares venomously at Taemin “Don’t. Touch. Him.”

Taemin looks at Kai then at Baekhyun with confusion written all over his pretty face “B-Baek…you had a boyfriend?” he asks in disbelief.  

“N-”

“Yes.”

Baekhyun looks at Kai with large eyes. W-What was he saying?!

“Yes I’m his boyfriend and if I ever ing see you touching him like that again you’re dead.”

Taemin raises his hands and steps back “Whoa chill buddy. I won’t try anything, he’s all yours.” Kai smirks in satisfaction “Good” and grabs Baekhyun’s hand before dragging them off without a word. They reach the third floor where there’s a balcony and Kai drags them outside.

Baekhyun stumbles on his feet when Kai pushes him rather roughly “K-Kai what are you doing?” The younger steps closer to him and traps him against the wall. Baekhyun’s eyes round and he looks at Kai nervously.

“Hold still. I want to try something.”

“Wha-”

His words are cut off by thick lips closing over his own. Kai kisses him gently, like he was trying to memorize the taste of Baekhyun’s lips. The latter feels his head spin and holds onto Kai’s shoulders for support. Kai experimentally runs his tongue along Baekhyun’s lower lip and the boy gasps. Kai quickly pushes his tongue inside and explores the hot mouth.

Baekhyun knees become weak and he doesn’t like how good he feels. Kai grabs his hips and lifts him higher. By instinct Baekhyun’s legs wrap around his waist and he leans down further into the kiss. Kai moans in approval and his head for better excess. The kiss turns rougher as Baekhyun starts fighting for dominance.

Their tongues clash leaving delicious shivers running down both boys’ spines. Kai breaks away first for much needed air and rests his forehead against Baekhyun’s while panting hard. Baekhyun stares into his eyes and the message the younger is portraying is clear.

And so Baekhyun doesn’t hesitate to nod. Kai looks taken back and he looks at Baekhyun nervously “Are you sure?” Baekhyun answers by kissing Kai’s lips. He pulls back and looks at Kai sincerely “If it’s you, then I’m sure. Take me Kai.”

Kai’s eyes darken and he wastes no time to pick Baekhyun up and carry him into the room inside. He lays Baekhyun on the bed gently and crawls above him. However just as Kai leans down he freezes. Baekhyun looks at him in confusion “Kai what’s wrong?”

Kai stares at him with unreadable eyes. He traces Baekhyun’s delicate features from the strands of his hair to his pretty eyes, his cute button nose and the curve of his plush lips. Kai feels something stronger than desire in his heart.

And he realizes as he kisses Baekhyun’s lips

He loved his best friend.

“I love you Baekhyun.”

Even before. It had always been Baekhyun in his heart; he was just too blind to realize it. It’s no wonder Kyungsoo dumped him. Kai thinks the boys’ words made sense now. He really did need to get his feelings sorted out. All this time the one he loved was really right before his eyes.

“I love you so ing much.”

And Baekhyun kisses him back because finally.

“I love you too Kai.”

 

 

 

 

They don’t do anything that night. But Kai thinks it’s okay because Baekhyun was his now so there was no need to rush things. He waited for Baekhyun, now he thinks he can wait for anything.

Because he’s learned that the most beautiful things in life, come to those who wait.

 

 

 


A/n: HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAH      idk what i just wrote ;_______;