Inspiration

Late Night Sessions

Suga smacked his lips and them instinctively at the bubbly taste of his energy drink.The beverage was proving ineffective at this point, but he absentmindedly sipped at it anyways, hopelessly hypothesizing that it would spark up some kind of inspiration for insightful lyrics. His tired eyes narrowed at the laptop in front of him as he tried to write the next line of another potential song, but it was no use. His brain was dead and his body was drained, and it didn't help that it was two in the morning either. The bright screen gradually began to strain his eyes for it was the only source of light in the room. He had always preferred to work in the dark — he believed it helped him concentrate better — but this time, it didn't serve its purpose; it only made him more motivated to shut down for the night, or whatever time of day this was considered.

He'd keep telling himself that he'd write one more line before heading to bed, but would still remain at his desk even after completing an entire verse because he 'wasn't satisfied.'

He sipped at his drink again, and nothing. He swirled the can around to find it emptied out already. Without even the slightest turn of his body, he chucked it behind him and into the waste basket on the opposite side of the room, smirking at the tiny clink as it fell in.

At that same moment, the group's maknae slowly opened the studio door, just as his hyung tossed the can away.

"Wow, he's good on and off the courts," Jungkook joked as he closed the door behind him and made his way over to the desk.

It seemed as though Suga wasn't even aware of the boy's presence due to his lack of reaction to another voice, or even the sudden flood of light and its fleeting disappearance. It wasn't until the younger settled a hand atop his shoulder that Suga flinched in his seat, startled, mainly because he didn't expect anyone in their dorm to be awake at this late hour.

"Hey, what are you still doing up? You should be asleep," the elder asked, looking up at the boy, concerned.

Jungkook took a seat in the chair beside him and scooted it closer, easily noticing the exhaustion in the other's raspy voice. "I could ask you the same thing."

"You're still a kid, Kookie-ah. Keep doing this and you'll stop growing," he teased in mock seriousness.

He raised a brow and looked his hyung up and down. Seeing as though he was already taller than his hyung, Jungkook grew his familiar devilish grin, "I don't think I should be the one to worry about growing."

"Go to bed," Yoongi retorted, averting his attention back to the computer screen, unamused.

"Aw, come on, hyung. Let me stay up with you," Jungkook jutted his lower lip out and childishly pouted.

The rapper sighed; the youngest was always stubborn, but no one could help giving in to him. "You just like to worry me, don't you?" He let out a light chuckle, ruffling the kid's hair, but immediately combing it back to perfection a second later.

Jungkook rested his head upon his hyung's shoulder and snuggled into it. His eyes ran from left to right, swiping across the monitor. "Ooh, I like that one," he spoke in excitement, pointing at one of the lines. "You should keep it."

"Thanks. I think I will," Yoongi replied. He didn't turn his head, but he couldn't hide the slight grin that crept onto his face. He loved when others got really into his work, the maknae especially. Jungkook would always ask to read his latest lyrics or listen to his newest track. He kept telling his hyung how cool he thought he was for being so talented at producing, and that always made Yoongi’s day. It made him feel special, like he was the only person in the world who could do what he does.

Jungkook adjusted his position so that his body curled in his seat and his head settled on Suga's lap. "How do you come up with such good lyrics?" he asked, his question followed by a long yawn and a bend of his back.

"Just...," the elder subconsciously the boy's hair — which Jungkook tilted his head into and practically purred at — as he leaned back in his chair in deep thought. "...experiences, I guess."

"Wow...," the other male trailed off sleepily, speaking through another yawn as he cuddled closer into his hyung's stomach. "You must have a lot of experience with women then...."

Suga let out a single chuckle, glancing down at the boy with a smile just as slight as before. "Not exactly."

After that, the room became silent and still. Neither of the two spoke nor budged, except for Suga's hand that still petted the other's head lovingly, but which, of course, wasn't under his control. It has become somewhat of a habit since he discovered how much the maknae really enjoyed it.

After a while more of complete and utter silence, the elder started to think that it was something he had said that left the younger without words.

"Jungkook-ah?" Yoongi asked, finally breaking the silence after what seemed like an eternity, but he received no response. He curiously glanced down at his lap to find the boy already fast asleep.

The elder smirked at how impossibly adorable Jungkook looked at that moment — his lips plump and parted, the bangs of his hair barely pushed by the small breaths that escaped them, his eyes, accented by fairly long lashes, that seemed like they'd flutter open to reveal his big brown orbs at any moment if he stared too long — and he didn't realize how much he appreciated the maknae until then.

He adjusted his position in the chair, but only slightly as not to disturb the other male's slumber, and laid his hands back on the keyboard, finally tapping away at the keys. He'd found his long-lost inspiration, and it was right under his nose.

Eventually the clacking of the buttons as Suga typed wasn't the only sound filling the room. Quiet, yet still audible, snores began emitting from the boy below, and for some reason, it brought a smile to the elder's face.

Yoongi shook his head while chuckling to himself. "And you wanted to stay up with me."