Chapter 1

Ordinary Beasts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1

N o t   h e r   b u s i n e s s

 

 

Boom boom. Silent. Boom boom. Bam. Boom boom. Bang.

Checking a train nearing to its doors I´ve put an earplug out.  

Boom boom.

The earplug was waddling in the air since the other one still provided flow of the music into my ear. My other ear had to focus on the station rush clamored down with the voice of the stationer reporting the departure. I´ve quicken up and ended up almost running.

Boom boom.

It´s time. I swing up into the train doors.

Boom.

The train was almost empty. Every second place was free. Further there wasn’t a living soul, just an unknown cameraman and few stuff members. I sat on the first place next to me, right to the window, and right after that the train moved.

I took off my fluffy scarf three times winded around my neck and made myself comfortable. Closing my eyes I immersed in the rhythm of music and momentary slight shaking of the machine.

Hand on my shoulder brought me back into the reality. The train conductor checked my ticket and went on. It was snowing again. Well, it was snowing since the moment I stepped out of the airport, which is after all no surprise. Winter in Swiss Alps shouldn´t look any different, right? Another challenge stands in front of me; the biggest challenge so far. However definitely it won´t be not the last. I took a deep breath.

 

The instructor asked me, if I have ever tried snowboarding.

“No, never”, I said casually and somehow, goose-bumps appeared on his nape secretly. That´s my supernatural possession, one could say… even thou it´s not. I just scare people… sometimes. I took a pity on him as I saw sudden blush on his cheeks and didn´t dare to mention I haven´t even known how to ski yet.

However that didn´t matter to me. Maybe I was really sick, ant this was part of my sickness,, but I wanted to get tired as much as I could, to find my limits and to cross them again and again just to feel I´m still alive. Yeah, that´s the second feature of me being a weirdo.

And I did it again. After I closed the door of my hotel room behind me, I took off the skullcap and became a human being again. As I took it off along with my warm, iceman-like jacket and threw it on my bad against me. Then I took a short peek on the mirror to see, how bad my bruises are. No matter that I almost started to think I won´t be able to come up the stairs to get here, it all was worth it. Who cares I have pink cheeks because of wind; I still hear the sounds of wind as I was racing it and had no idea how to stop. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the feeling of adrenalin in my veins, the freedom and shaking off the fate hunting me like crazy in every day’s reality. 

The heater was on and I prepared a simple dinner. With my leisure clothes and a pair of thick socks on, I was running here and there to get the cam ready. I turned it on with the lens toward me. The red light shined and all one could see of me was the bottom part of my face consisting of chin, lips… and then I clicked play and the music spread through the space.

Boom boom bam. Bo-boom bam.

For today, there was no choreography I would have prepared. Today I had to start from zero once again, because there was the long time I spent by travelling and then on the hillside and the only plan B was to relax and to improvise and to express my day maybe. But… for now, I decided to take a time and start with a thought. Will I be gentle or wild?

I leaned my chin and supported it by my hand as I opened the comment section below my last updated video. Maybe I just hoped something going to strike me.

„I have never learned the technique of dancing. I used dance just to express myself, proving that I can do it even not knowing how to dance actually. I also believe in you. If you like to dance, you can dance, don't give up. Good luck!“

I smiled for myself reading my reply. Satisfied with it I clicked on button "send". Another comment under the video asked about where the choreography is from, where or who did I learn it from.

„There's no source for the choreography, maybe just a daily life? Like today's morning, as I was running to catch up my train. My steps, rush of the street, the voice of the stationer, that all made a special kind of rhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter