Pt 1.

Berry.

The first time Minho and Onew meet up, it's at a cliche little cafe which stood on a small little corner near Minho's house. The coffee was a little bitter, Minho thought, but Onew's smile made it sweet enough to drink. It also had the best caramel shortcakes but no one has to know that. They get on as well as they could, talking about all sorts of things. Trivial things and dorky things. Minho discovers that Onew is a bit of a nerd but it's okay because it is endearing. 

*

The second time Onew and Minho meet, it's at Onew's small apartment. Onew had suggested it last time they met and Minho obliged without any hesitation. The apartment was minimal and cosy and Minho instantly felt at home, until a small furry creature lept up on top of him and tried to kill him. Onew says he was just being friendly but Minho knows that it tried to kill him. He could see the evil flash in its beady little eyes before it lept up on top of him. He's sure of it. 

It turned out to be Onew's pet dog. His name was Berry. 

"What kind of name is Berry?" Minho asked, his eyebrows furrowed as he glared at the...thing before him. His enemy. 

Onew protected it with his arms, the dog nuzzled into his fluffy sweater, "It wasn't even me who picked the name! It was my auntie's daughter!" Onew cried loudly, trying to defend himself. 

Minho hummed at Onew's statement and decides to try and approach Berry. Berry tries to bite his hand off. He knows it. Onew giggles at the situation but Minho doesn't find it funny that a teeny fluffball is trying to kill him. 

*

A few weeks later, Onew and Minho are engaging in a very heated make-out session when Minho feels a very sore bite at his leg. He yelps into Onew's plush lips and springs up off the couch to see what had happened. His eyes narrow at the very sight. 

"Berry." He hisses accusingly. 

Onew rolls around giggling on the couch and Minho can't stay angry for long because the sight of Onew is too cute. Until Onew's glasses somehow fly off in the midst of his uncontrollable laughter and they later find Berry chewing on the lenses. 

*

A week later, they find themselves looking for some new glasses because Berry had chewed Onew's spare ones. 

While looking at the different models of lenses Onew starts talking, 

"You know, Berry has been very moody lately. I think she misses you." He says, playing with the label on some glasses.

"Good. Let her miss me. I hope she's guilty." Minho says, pouting. 

"Minhooooo, as cute as you're indifferent attitude is, if you love me you have to love my dog!" Onew whines, "It's mandatory, trust me." He nods, confirming his statement before poking Minho's muscly arm and walking to the checkout. 

Minho chews on his lip, looking out the window before following Onew. He would have to win the dogs heart somehow. Only to make Onew happy, though. He totally didn't want the dog to like him or anything. 

*

Minho hates berry. He decides that once he spends half of his wages on doggy treats and dog toys. 

*

As soon as Minho knocks on the door, he hears small scuffling on the wood and glances at the bag of doggy treats and doggy toys, instantly regretting it. Onew opens it in baggy trousers and a huge jumper, hanging off his shoulders and his hand rolled around the material. 

"Hello" Onew says softly, his eyes turning into small smiles and he moves to the side to let him in. Berry claws at Minho's leg as soon as he walks in and he glares at it. Onew pokes his chest to make him stop.

"Sorry. Hi. How are you?" Minho asks, kissing him on the head. Onew smiles gently, throwing himself onto the couch and sitting with his legs crossed. Minho sits himself beside him and begins bringing out the treats one by one. 

Berry sniffs frantically and waddles over to Minho with his little tiny legs. 

"Okaaaay, give me a paw" Minho says, holding out the treat shaped like a fish in one hand and pointing at Berry's paw with his other. Berry looked at both of his hands and walked away, side eye-ing him. 

"He side-eyed me!" He cried to Onew, pointing at the dog. 

Onew giggled, taking the treat from Minho's hand and kissing his cheek. Onew stuck his hand out and Berry came running, taking the treat and gobbling it up. 

"That's not right!" Minho frowned, "You need to train her, make her do something for a treat!" He whined. 

"Minho," Onew said.

"Yes?"

"Shut up." He replied. 

Minho huffed, crossing his arms. 

"Whatever hyung, when he is a disobedient dog and pees on you, don't blame me."

*

A few weeks later, Minho has Berry sitting, giving him a paw and lying down whenever he asks. Minho is very proud of this and will not shut up about it. 

"Berry" He calls, sticking a treat out. 

When she runs over, he tells her to sit which she obeys. He feeds her the treat, patting her head. 

"I still hate you." He whispers.

"Hey!" Onew yells from the kitchen, "I heard that."

Minho's laugh turns into a yelp when Berry bites his finger. 

*

Minho is at work when he recieves a text from Onew.

'From: Babe @ 15:13: 

Berry is gone. I can't find her anywhere! I don't know what to do...' 

Minho bites his lip. , he thinks. He ponders for a moment and decides to phone Onew. After a few rings, Onew picks up, 

"Minho I actually can't find her at all, she is no where in the house and all the doors are closed. You stayed last night and left for work are you sure you closed the door behind you? what if we never find her, what if-"

"Hyung, we'll find her. I'm definitely sure I locked the door behind me. She won't be far, she has no reason to run away." 

"I guess. I sound so silly I just, " he pauses," you know she means a lot to me, why would she run away now... Minho, what if she was stolen?" 

"Babe, no one could have got in and why would they steal a dog?" Minho reasons, trying to act like he didn't notice the glare from his boss through the window. 

"I guess..." 

"Look, I gotta go, my boss is glaring at me but we don't have long. Have a look through the neighbourhood and that, then I will probably be finished by then and we can look at other options, okay?"

"Okay," Onew said softly, "I love you." 

Minho smiled, "Love you too."

*

A couple of hours later, Minho locks up the record store where he works and takes his phone out.

'To: Babe @ 17:00:

'where are you? just finished closing up the shop<3.'"

Minho begins walking, he regrets not bringing a jacket to work when the wind picks it's pace up and blows through all the gaps in the grass straight to his face. It's a bitter wind. He reaches the local park when he gets a reply, 

"From: Babe @ 17:09: 

'I'm at the cafe where we went for our first date.'" 

Minho wonders why Onew was at a cafe, but dismisses it and begins to walk to the cafe but later breaks into an awkward jog and then he eventually stops because cars driving past gave him weird looks.

When he finally gets there, Onew is engaging in a conversation with a really young looking waiter with bright blonde hair. He approaches them, putting his hand on Onew's shoulder. 

"Oh, hi! I was just telling Taemin about our dog," Onew smiles before frowning. 

Minho rubs his back, turning to this 'Taemin' boy. He was biting his lip. He was cute, Minho noted. Cute in a way you wanted to ruffle his hair. It looked very fluffy. 

"Onew hyung told me all about it! I'm really sorry! I wish I could help on finding her but unfortunately I have to keep working...I could give you a free coffee if you would like! I don't mind. Don't tell my boss I said this, but the coffee isn't really that great but it could calm you down." Taemin rambles on, giggling at the end and covering his mouth gently with his small hands. 

Minho smiles widely, "That's lovely of you, but I think we'll just keep looking for the time being." 

"Okay! Come back soon" He replies, a wide smile taking over half of his face, probably. 

Onew smiles softly, his eyes small and he bows politely at Taemin, before taking Minho's hand and walking out. 

"I went in to ask the staff if they had seen a dog and if they would tell customers about it, and it was Taemin I ended up talking to." Onew explained, his mouth buried in his scarf. 

Minho hummed, "Do you want to go home? It's getting late out...We can make some phone calls and sort something out if you want." 

Onew nods. 

They walk for about 15 minutes until they pass Minho's work and Minho catches a small furry creature in the corner of his eye. He frantically shakes Onew's hand, running over to it.

"Onew oh my god! Berry! It's Berry" He cries, picking it up and hugging it. Onew laughs, jogging over and taking Berry into his own arms and nuzzling him.

"You seem more happy than me." Onew says, giggling. 

"Shut up!" Minho pouts.

Onew kisses him. 

*

In the morning, they wake up together on the couch. Minho realises they must have fell asleep while watching TV together. Berry was in his lap and Minho didn't mind much. 

"Morning." Onew murmurs, rubbing his little eyes. Minho's expression significantly softens and he leans in for a small peck. 

"I forgot to say...Thank you for helping me look for Berry. How ever shall I reward you?" Onew says, mock sarcasm evident in his voice. 

"I have a few ideas, I guess." Minho hints nonchalantly. 

Onew wiggles his eyebrows and Minho laughs out loud. 

Minho decides he likes Berry after all when Onew begins kissing his neck.